Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jul 5, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
Barely watchable...
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Jul 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2015
rsc-pl said:
And where is your awesome art and animation? Someone want to say something more about it? It's hard to produce something which looks more bad than this. I'm not a hater, I love Rewrite, but, well.

If someone say again that Rewrite has a great art and animation...

Beautiful 3D models.

Beautiful "shading"

Awesome pixelized backgrounds

Amazing CG

Top notch work in general. I'm impressed.

they should've stuck with kyoani... pathetic ... and lolz.
Jul 5, 2016 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
Can't say I cared much about the show right now but at least the OST was nice, probably the only thing that's caught my attention so far with this show.

I do have a bad habit of dropping Key shows part way through so I wouldn't be surprised if I do this too.

And my god the usage of terrible CGI doesn't help.
Jul 5, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2012
Well, at this point I can understand how confused the anime-only camp must be. Alas, the pacing is definitely going to be an issue here. As for the visuals, they are tolerable, but definitely cheap-looking (surprisingly, it's Kotarou's design that I like the most). Still, I believe it's too early to bury the show, as the story's best parts are yet to be seen.
Jul 6, 2016 1:49 AM

Dec 2010
jaxter0987 said:
InsanityDevice said:
Why why why does it have to be so good even though the characters are simply classical moe archetypes. I hate the character design for the girls so much that I feel like dropping it every minute like I did for Little Busters (which I actually dropped after the first season). I hate the anime industry so much for hiding such a gem of story-telling behind such a shameless and despicable moe facade!
Because its part of the hook. What draws people in? The artwork. What keeps people reading? The amazing story. I can't tell you how many times I've simply seen artwork for an anime and went, "I need to watch this, this gonna be good". Art is the very first impression a series will make to its viewer. If its not appeasing, the viewer is likely not going to be sticking around for the meaty bits.

Yeah, but what I am saying is that the art style that they went for is too extreme. They also make every girl act like a klutz that has to rely on the main character on some way or another, except for the one that shows up in the club room at the very end. They all pretty much feel like children running around the main character. He's the only one I can relate to! The reason I kept going! This is a freaking VN adaptation, so the main character should never have been the main hook in the first place. I am a writer myself, so I keep watching because I see good story potential and some good story-telling through all this mess of archetypal characters being introduced and very dumb fan-service, but only the guys are interesting to me as characters. You can say that's gay, but really, it's more that I like different types of female characters. I like those that don't feel like they need to rely on someone all the time, like Suruga Kanbaru from Monogatari, Winry from FMA or Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate. I like the imaginative outsiders too, like Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou. Or both at the same time like Senomiya Akiho from Robotic;Notes. I don't think that an anime should appeal only to those who have succumbed to 2D desires. Those eyes, the stupid pink dresses and the hair that defies gravity surely turn a lot of people off. They don't need to be drawn and act in a way that makes them feel defenseless to be appealing. Dumbed-down archetypes and fan-service also destroys any chance for those characters to feel remotely real.

iamnobody321 said:
rsc-pl said:
And where is your awesome art and animation? Someone want to say something more about it? It's hard to produce something which looks more bad than this. I'm not a hater, I love Rewrite, but, well.

If someone say again that Rewrite has a great art and animation...

Beautiful 3D models.

Beautiful "shading"

Awesome pixelized backgrounds

Amazing CG

Top notch work in general. I'm impressed.

they should've stuck with kyoani... pathetic ... and lolz.

It feels like they wanted to be as modern as possible, so they tried to imitate Ufotable without the budget. However, don't you say anything bad about the backgrounds. I don't care that they're not all hand-drawn, they're so pretty.
GomizillaJul 6, 2016 2:04 AM
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Jul 6, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
I actually really liked this anime and its my summer #1 so far. The general mood of show great. it got mystery and comedy, serious/ funny moments. I have high hopes for this one :)
Jul 6, 2016 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
InsanityDevice said:

Yeah, but what I am saying is that the art style that they went for is too extreme. They also make every girl act like a klutz that has to rely on the main character on some way or another, except for the one that shows up in the club room at the very end. They all pretty much feel like children running around the main character. He's the only one I can relate to! The reason I kept going! This is a freaking VN adaptation, so the main character should never have been the main hook in the first place. I am a writer myself, so I keep watching because I see good story potential and some good story-telling through all this mess of archetypal characters being introduced and very dumb fan-service, but only the guys are interesting to me as characters. You can say that's gay, but really, it's more that I like different types of female characters. I like those that don't feel like they need to rely on someone all the time, like Suruga Kanbaru from Monogatari, Winry from FMA or Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate. I like the imaginative outsiders too, like Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou. Or both at the same time like Senomiya Akiho from Robotic;Notes. I don't think that an anime should appeal only to those who have succumbed to 2D desires. Those eyes, the stupid pink dresses and the hair that defies gravity surely turn a lot of people off. They don't need to be drawn and act in a way that makes them feel defenseless to be appealing. Dumbed-down archetypes and fan-service also destroys any chance for those characters to feel remotely real.
It feels like they wanted to be as modern as possible, so they tried to imitate Ufotable without the budget. However, don't you say anything bad about the backgrounds. I don't care that they're not all hand-drawn, they're so pretty.

Actually if you have read through the heroine routes they are, in most of the times, very independent.
I'll give... a pretty spoiler-free explanation.

If they have decided to adapt all the routes people will realize how complex their characters are. But they won't, which is a pity. I hope they still manage to bring out at least half of their awesomeness in this original route.

And yes the backgrounds are gorgeous. Not P.A. gorgeous or Shinkai-Makoto-gorgeous, but still gorgeous. FYI this background art director did Nagi no Asukara.
inuvivoJul 6, 2016 11:53 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 6, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2012
You had me at Morita Masakazu but then you lost me at Key...
Jul 6, 2016 8:35 AM

Aug 2012
Mayuka said:
You had me at Morita Masakazu but then you lost me at Key...
Trust me, this is worth sticking with for Morita alone, since he basically is Kotarou. And this has the potential to be his most memorable role by a mile, especially if the second season we're all expecting does happen.
Jul 6, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
I was near to drop this, but at the end all turned better than I had expected. I'll keep for the next episode.
Jul 6, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2016
My impression was very mixed. On one hand it at least seemed to harbour some kind of plot and the characters were not ENTIRELY cliched. On the other, however, most of the girls' voices were very grating and even cringy from time to time; it just seemed like yet another harem anime adaptation.
Jul 6, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
I only enjoyed that episode because I'm a VN reader, if I was anime only, I'd so confused on what I just watched.

Also it was super rushed. Like, the dialog didn't seem too natural, it was just boom boom boom boom boom boom. There was really no time and scenes didn't really flow that well together. Also the cuts between the music also felt awkward. They're using it straight out of the VN which is kind of nice, but it didn't feel completely right since those songs are supposed to be kind of long lasting. I would preferred some remixed versions of them to fit the anime better. But honestly, I guess why fix what isn't necessarily broken.

It was enjoyable seeing things animated and I got nostalgia, but as an adaptation this is god awful lol. It was so confusing and the flow was all over the place. This feels to me more like fanservice for VN readers than something that can get anime onlys on board to be honest.

I mean what the hell was that shit with the Krivoy Rog, Gil, and Pani already? Just out of left field and it kind of ruins the whole mood. Honestly, this episode it seemed like they were trying to enter Chihaya's route, it had a lot of her common route in this episode.

Anyways, it was fun to watch as a VN reader, but this is just a mess already.
Jul 6, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Bakkame said:
it just seemed like yet another harem anime adaptation.

oh you're so wrong in so many ways..XD
Jul 6, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2014

What are you trying to defend here? You're arguing with a guy that is completely jumping the gun and has no knowledge of the VN or the characters. You can tell him all you want how the characters are in the VN, but that doesn't really help anime onlys. Let them think what they want, they know nothing of the characters and even if you tell them how they are (for the record, I don't completely agree with how you explained them either), it's not going to change their opinion. They have to see it for themselves. Which they probably won't since this isn't going to adapt their routes, this anime is just going to give bits and pieces.

All your doing is giving misleading spoilers that will put false impressions in their heads. Just let them be.

And spoil that comment up, you're helping no one and vague spoilers are still spoilers nonetheless. It's fine to give people clues if they really want it and if you feel like you have to correct someone on a minor thing then that's ok, but use the damn spoiler tag. It's no use trying to give that guy character profiles on the first episode LOL.

All you had to say is that there is a lot more to these characters than meets the eye and that you shouldn't just completely judge them based on a couple minutes with each, and whether or not the anime does their characters' justice, is what we'll have to wait and see. That's all you had to say.
____
Imo, there is no way this anime will be able to do their characters' any justice, but that's me. And I think trying to make people understand what us VN readers understand is just a losing battle. People can only judge from what they experience first hand and the first episode didn't leave the greatest impression. My only hope with this anime at this point, is that people will be interested enough to buy Rewrite+ on steam when it comes out and see the greatness of this story in its full glory.
LoomyTheBrewJul 6, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 6, 2016 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
LoomyTheBrew said:

What are you trying to defend here? You're arguing with a guy that is completely jumping the gun and has no knowledge of the VN or the characters. You can tell him all you want how the characters are in the VN, but that doesn't really help anime onlys. Let them think what they want, they know nothing of the characters and even if you tell them how they are (for the record, I don't completely agree with how you explained them either), it's not going to change their opinion. They have to see it for themselves. Which they probably won't since this isn't going to adapt their routes, this anime is just going to give bits and pieces.

All your doing is giving misleading spoilers that will put false impressions in their heads. Just let them be.

And spoil that comment up, you're helping no one and vague spoilers are still spoilers nonetheless. It's fine to give people clues if they really want it and if you feel like you have to correct someone on a minor thing then that's ok, but use the damn spoiler tag. It's no use trying to give that guy character profiles on the first episode LOL.

All you had to say is that: there is a lot more to these characters than meets the eye and that you shouldn't just completely judge them based on a couple minutes with each, and whether or not the anime does their characters' justice, is what we'll have to wait and see. That's all you had to say.

Added a spoiler tag just in case :p
inuvivoJul 6, 2016 11:59 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
iNVivO said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

All you had to say is that: there is a lot more to these characters than meets the eye and that you shouldn't just completely judge them based on a couple minutes with each, and whether or not the anime does their characters' justice, is what we'll have to wait and see. That's all you had to say.

Added a spoiler tag just in case :p

Thank you, I appreciate the edit!
Jul 6, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
This seems different from other Romsnce VN adaptions. cliches are there but something feels different about this, small diofferences with the usual scenes. I might actualy like this. Destroys the new Berserk anime
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jul 6, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
daAmazinFatB0y said:
This seems different from other Romsnce VN adaptions. cliches are there but something feels different about this, small diofferences with the usual scenes. I might actualy like this. Destroys the new Berserk anime

Ah... to be honest, Romance is not the focus here, and we don't even know if the anime will adapt the romance itself.
Jul 6, 2016 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
VierMill said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Ah... to be honest, Romance is not the focus here, and we don't even know if the anime will adapt the romance itself.

Still has the romance tag though but yh, i realized after finishing the entire episode lol this has gone weird haahhaha
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jul 6, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2011
Really interesting first ep! Loving the main character and money of the female cast so far, can't wait for more.
Jul 6, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2011
I must confess it was a little bit confusing, but that's ok for a first episode.

» Escapism.

Jul 6, 2016 6:50 PM

Dec 2012
I remember when I finished watching Little Busters, I started having a complete Key craze where I wanted more anime based on their works. That's when I found out about Rewrite and saw a post that said "There will never be a Rewrite anime, it simply will not be done."

How thankful I am that person was dead wrong. This was a fantastic start. It's a good sign when the first episode has me holding my sides from all of the gut-busting laughter. There were so many gif-worthy moments, this one being my favorite and I thank the heavens for whoever made this one:

I really want one of that mysterious girl sneaking into his bed just to bite his arm. So random!

I really like Tennouji's voice, it's somewhat soothing yet confident. Really enjoyable first episode. Now it's time to abstain from the forums, I've waited too long for the possibility of this anime to be spoiled.
Jul 6, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I remember when I finished watching Little Busters, I started having a complete Key craze where I wanted more anime based on their works. That's when I found out about Rewrite and saw a post that said "There will never be a Rewrite anime, it simply will not be done."

How thankful I am that person was dead wrong. This was a fantastic start. It's a good sign when the first episode has me holding my sides from all of the gut-busting laughter. There were so many gif-worthy moments, this one being my favorite and I thank the heavens for whoever made this one:

I really want one of that mysterious girl sneaking into his bed just to bite his arm. So random!

I really like Tennouji's voice, it's somewhat soothing yet confident. Really enjoyable first episode. Now it's time to abstain from the forums, I've waited too long for the possibility of this anime to be spoiled.

I've only seen a couple of people on here so far who don't know how to filter themselves. Hopefully next episode will be different.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 7, 2016 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
Right as always.
Lucia best girl.
But the other girls seem to be really funny too watch. Which is rare when i actually like the whole cast.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jul 7, 2016 3:12 AM

Jun 2014
A lot better than I expected. It really kept me interested in it somehow-- I only noticed it was 48 minutes long 35 minutes into the episode. I didn't even realize that it wasn't the usual ~24 minutes long. I'm looking forward to seeing where this will go. The visual novel also seems interesting to me now, too. I'll probably end up reading it after all the other VN's I have queued up (I have to finish the other 2 routes of Grisaia and then finish Konosora...)

Edit: So, I prematurely posted this, and now I want to add that I was 500% confused by the end. I have no idea whatsoever as to what I just watched. That's not a bad thing though, it just surprised me ._.

This was basically my reaction:
nyarikoJul 7, 2016 3:29 AM

Jul 7, 2016 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
A really wtf first episode. After checking out the VN everything in this episode makes sense to me but it's still really wtf.

Kotori is an adorable zombie. Gotta love her and Kotarou's smug look they gave Yoshino.

Shizuru and her whistle was adorable to watch.

Poor Koatarou really can't catch a break. Gets bitten by a girl with ribbons then gets attacked by a giant tentacle monster. I really wished those monsters weren't CGI tho.
Jul 7, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
Let's see, from the creator of Little busters/Kanon/CLannad which is "Key".
gonna keep an eye on this.
4/5.

Jul 7, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
matias067 said:
Let's see, from the creator of Little busters/Kanon/CLannad which is "Key".
gonna keep an eye on this.
4/5.

The main writer from those Key VNs is completely absent on Rewrite aside of making part of the OST, so expect it to be very different story-wise
Jul 8, 2016 9:11 AM
Dec 2012
Writing was retarded and brain dead characters but the music is top notch at some points.
Jul 8, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
Pandarenboy said:
Writing was retarded and brain dead characters but the music is top notch at some points.

You can't judge characters in a single episode.
Jul 8, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
the first episode didn't have that much impact imo. although i find it rather more a little bit horror lol xD and i kinda like that they introduced every important character and even the minor character in this first episode. still, this episode didn't leave much impact to me, but regardless of that, i enjoyed this episode so much probably because of the mystery fantasy which is keep getting my attention especially that ending. pretty interesting imo. i didn't see any sign of romance yet in this episode tho but it has romance tag so i'm looking foward to see what kind of romance they will show me.

tbh, i have many questions after watching this episode. so i hope they will answer/reveal atleast few of them xD
so rather than a confusing first episode, it's more a mysterious first episode which left many question after i watch the first episode.

looking foward for the next episode.
and btw, 48min per episode ?! it's not only for the first episode ?! really ?! :o xD
YizelTroJul 8, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 8, 2016 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry, was she trying to rape him or something?

for the second time, your post made me LMAO like shit.
and i don't even know why.
Jul 8, 2016 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Tevens said:
Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry, was she trying to rape him or something?

for the second time, your post made me LMAO like shit.
and i don't even know why.
That probably has to do with that fact that I am a very funny person
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 8, 2016 10:18 PM
Feb 2015
Its exciting to have a 45min-long first ep!!
Although I'm not a fan of this art style, but if it has a good plot I'll try to watch, which seems the case here^^
Jul 9, 2016 1:44 AM
Jul 2016
pufonD said:
Murasa22 said:

Actually its you that is missing the whole point.

I agree that the moe artwork can turn some people down, but the dark themes behind everything makes up for it, i can assure that.

How can I be missing the point when I'm making the statement *facepalm*

Whatever happens later, it's meant to be for later. But a first episode, especially that long has to leave a good impression. I ended up not sure what to think.

And yeah I mean she could be a bloody dolphin (people justify lolis in a similar manner for example), but I can see 2 eyes, a mouth, a nose, hair, body, 2 legs and 2 arms. Thats human looking for me.

I mean it's good that you know the whole story and so on but I don't, so I'm basing it on what have I seen so far.

Excuse me man, but... are you an idiot? I just signed up for this dumb site because I couldn't stand the low scores that good shows get on this community. Rewrite 7.3? While dumb shit like Clannad AS has a 9.1?

Now, please at least TRY to understand this. First, the character designs. It wasn't frickin 8-bit who came up with the designs but Key. The characters already looked like this in the VN. The anime has literally nothing to do with that. Second, the "girl casually destroying a boss monster". Just... ugh. Just shut up, would you? Someone tried to explain to you that the "girl" is not a girl. Which is quite obvious unless you're literally retarded. But of course the pseudo elitists have to bash the shit that doesn't satisfy their tastes within the first 10 minutes. Jesus fuckin Christ, mankind is fucked if the majority of people are like you. Just drop Rewrite, yeah? Thanks. People like you don't even deserve to watch something of this quality. You'd probably be more satisfied with the 9000th' iteration of Harem Mecha School Romance anime anyways.

I mean, of course you COULD also think about what's happening. There's been a lot of foreshadowing in this episode. If you paused several times and tried to connect shit, you'd actually already figure out quite a bit. But that'd be too hard, right? Fuck, anime viewers have become dumb.
VolarerJul 9, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 9, 2016 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
Volarer said:

Excuse me man, but... are you an idiot? I just signed up for this dumb site because I couldn't stand the low scores that good shows get on this community. Rewrite 7.3? While dumb shit like Clannad AS has a 9.1?

Now, please at least TRY to understand this. First, the character designs. It wasn't frickin 8-bit who came up with the designs but Key. The characters already looked like this in the VN. The anime has literally nothing to do with that. Second, the "girl casually destroying a boss monster". Just... ugh. Just shut up, would you? Someone tried to explain to you that the "girl" is not a girl. Which is quite obvious unless you're literally retarded. But of course the pseudo elitists have to bash the shit that doesn't satisfy their tastes within the first 10 minutes. Jesus fuckin Christ, mankind is fucked if the majority of people are like you. Just drop Rewrite, yeah? Thanks. People like you don't even deserve to watch something of this quality. You'd probably be more satisfied with the 9000th' iteration of Harem Mecha School Romance anime anyways.

I mean, of course you COULD also think about what's happening. There's been a lot of foreshadowing in this episode. If you paused several times and tried to connect shit, you'd actually already figure out quite a bit. But that'd be too hard, right? Fuck, anime viewers have become dumb.

Wow haha really ignorant people throwing around 'dumb' and 'idiot' comments. This is like the kettle is calling the pot black.

I hope you understand one very very simple thing ok. There has been one episode out ok? Only one, thats it. There is nothing else with the story there. If you did read a VN and know whats going on, then please stay quiet because you literally are cheating.

A lot of people did not read the VN and the first impressions are mixed. I've personally did not found it any good from the first episode. Quiet a lot of elements that have been used over and over again in anime from the little amount I've seen already.

I'm not supposed to know what is going to happen and if this gets better or not. If it does get better, then wooohooo, you can thrown 'everybody loves rewrite' party.

So stop your raging, go find a gypsy in town, ask her to delete memories of the VN and watch the first episode (the only material of the Rewrite story so far in anime medium,) the maybe you will find yourself in the same boat as others, hopefully.
Jul 9, 2016 2:38 AM
Jul 2016
pufonD said:
Volarer said:

Wow haha really ignorant people throwing around 'dumb' and 'idiot' comments. This is like the kettle is calling the pot black.

I hope you understand one very very simple thing ok. There has been one episode out ok? Only one, thats it. There is nothing else with the story there. If you did read a VN and know whats going on, then please stay quiet because you literally are cheating.

A lot of people did not read the VN and the first impressions are mixed. I've personally did not found it any good from the first episode. Quiet a lot of elements that have been used over and over again in anime from the little amount I've seen already.

I'm not supposed to know what is going to happen and if this gets better or not. If it does get better, then wooohooo, you can thrown 'everybody loves rewrite' party.

So stop your raging, go find a gypsy in town, ask her to delete memories of the VN and watch the first episode (the only material of the Rewrite story so far in anime medium,) the maybe you will find yourself in the same boat as others, hopefully.

K k... I'll tone the rage down a little. And try to argue on a more mature level. In return, you'll at least consider what people have to say about rewrite, yeah? I'd be quite satisfied with that.

So. Yeah, it's true. I've read the VN, so obviously I know what's the matter, whats happening, what's likely going to happen etc.

The issue with an adaptation of Rewrite is its massive content. Every single one of the heroines has a very dedicated characterization and a good story behind them. Now if that was the *only* important thing except for the whole philosophy topic, then Rewrite would be very easy to adapt. One main factor that made the VN as amazing as it was though was the quality of the common route.

While the Heroine's routes all moved towards a more dramatic, epic and action oriented path, the common route dealt with Tennouji's everyday life, his shenanigans, and the introduction of every single character. So in order to stay faithful to the VN; you literally *have* to adapt a decent chunk of the common route. But then the main issue becomes something else - people will be bored. So at the same time you *need* to pack some later stuff into the early parts. Well, at least I guess that was the storyboard writer's thought process.

I personally would have liked it if the first 2-3 episodes had been entirely dedicated to the common route, where afterwards it splits into a sort of Moon-iteration. At the same time I think that they handled the first episode very well and I'm excited for how they're going to proceed from episode 2 onward.

Yes it's true. If you just watch and turn your brain off, you don't understand anything at all for a while. But it was just like that in the VN, too. You would just casually wander through the city when you're suddenly alone and being chased by some oversized doggies that would like to have you as a snack. Just like with the gothloli. Her showing up in MC's bed was not anime original, that happened in the VN too.

Just be a little patient. Don't expect every show to drop a huge info dump in the first episode so that the viewer knows what's up right from the start. Rewrite's point was that the viewer knew as little as Tennouji when they played the first several routes. You're probably going to be confused with a lot of stuff if they stay faithful to the VN. But that is *not* a flaw but literally how the VN was intended to be experienced. Just sth to keep in mind for the anime only viewers.

If you're not scared of massive spoilers, you can check out Rewrite's 2nd VN opening. It was animated by white fox so it looks amazing. The music is utterly iconic and every time I watch the OP I get so damn hyped. Rewrite is a lot of things, but one thing I can assure you it's not - and that is a generic harem. No generic elements, no harem elements. Just pure awesomeness & great stories.
Jul 9, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2014
pufonD said:
Volarer said:

Lol gypsy. I like that part. I'm a very huge fan of Rewrite and also the best VN I've ever read imo but I won't bash you or anything. Actually, I agree to you in some points. Now that I know what the story of Rewrite is, I can say that it is far from cliche but having this 'loli' girl being very strong is kinda cliche.

This episode actually almost made me cry because I don't like almost everything from art to unnecessary things they showed and specially the pacing. For me, the pacing of Rewrite VN was its strongest point. Very slowly changing from school and comedy to HOLY FUCK WHAT"S HAPPENING?! Also, the 1st episode showed I think 20-30% of spoils. If all of those were to be explained, it will be about 50-60%. If you kept in mind that this is a very long story, Showing too many at the very first episode is bad imo. Actually, it doesn't bother me if every anime-only viewers think of Rewrite as a generic harem at the first 5 episodes. I'm know they will be in shock after watching a while but after seeing this, I going to get my hopes down.
ralphomersonJul 9, 2016 3:40 AM
Jul 9, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
ralphomerson said:
pufonD said:

Lol gypsy. I like that part. I'm a very huge fan of Rewrite and also the best VN I've ever read imo but I won't bash you or anything. Actually, I agree to you in some points. Now that I know what the story of Rewrite is, I can say that it is far from cliche but having this 'loli' girl being very strong is kinda cliche.

This episode actually almost made me cry because I don't like almost everything from art to unnecessary things they showed and specially the pacing. For me, the pacing of Rewrite VN was its strongest point. Very slowly changing from school and comedy to HOLY FUCK WHAT"S HAPPENING?! Also, the 1st episode showed I think 20-30% of spoils. If all of those were to be explained, it will be about 50-60%. If you kept in mind that this is a very long story, Showing too many at the very first episode is bad imo. Actually, it doesn't bother me if every anime-only viewers think of Rewrite as a generic harem at the first 5 episodes. I know they will be in shock after watching a while but after seeing this, I going to get my hopes down.

I'd high five you for understanding if I could. If this gets better then it's good news for everyone isnt it? I mean nobody wants to watch a crappy show, so fingers crossed.
Jul 9, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2015
Volarer said:
pufonD said:

K k... I'll tone the rage down a little. And try to argue on a more mature level. In return, you'll at least consider what people have to say about rewrite, yeah? I'd be quite satisfied with that.

So. Yeah, it's true. I've read the VN, so obviously I know what's the matter, whats happening, what's likely going to happen etc.

The issue with an adaptation of Rewrite is its massive content. Every single one of the heroines has a very dedicated characterization and a good story behind them. Now if that was the *only* important thing except for the whole philosophy topic, then Rewrite would be very easy to adapt. One main factor that made the VN as amazing as it was though was the quality of the common route.

While the Heroine's routes all moved towards a more dramatic, epic and action oriented path, the common route dealt with Tennouji's everyday life, his shenanigans, and the introduction of every single character. So in order to stay faithful to the VN; you literally *have* to adapt a decent chunk of the common route. But then the main issue becomes something else - people will be bored. So at the same time you *need* to pack some later stuff into the early parts. Well, at least I guess that was the storyboard writer's thought process.

I personally would have liked it if the first 2-3 episodes had been entirely dedicated to the common route, where afterwards it splits into a sort of Moon-iteration. At the same time I think that they handled the first episode very well and I'm excited for how they're going to proceed from episode 2 onward.

Yes it's true. If you just watch and turn your brain off, you don't understand anything at all for a while. But it was just like that in the VN, too. You would just casually wander through the city when you're suddenly alone and being chased by some oversized doggies that would like to have you as a snack. Just like with the gothloli. Her showing up in MC's bed was not anime original, that happened in the VN too.

Just be a little patient. Don't expect every show to drop a huge info dump in the first episode so that the viewer knows what's up right from the start. Rewrite's point was that the viewer knew as little as Tennouji when they played the first several routes. You're probably going to be confused with a lot of stuff if they stay faithful to the VN. But that is *not* a flaw but literally how the VN was intended to be experienced. Just sth to keep in mind for the anime only viewers.

If you're not scared of massive spoilers, you can check out Rewrite's 2nd VN opening. It was animated by white fox so it looks amazing. The music is utterly iconic and every time I watch the OP I get so damn hyped. Rewrite is a lot of things, but one thing I can assure you it's not - and that is a generic harem. No generic elements, no harem elements. Just pure awesomeness & great stories.

Well it's pretty obvious that why it's understandable why you feel like it. Basically nearly all written literature including VN's or manga is going to be better than anime or especially movies. There is a reason for that, the same reason why I don't read VN or manga. It's time.

VN can last for hundreds of hours while anime these days get 4 to 5 hours per single cour. What do you expect to achieve in that time that when it took a hunder hours for a VN to explain? I've personally got no time to read for that long that is why I avoid it. But there is no doubt in my mind that VN is way better than anime if you're looking for a story to explore.

I've personally doubt this is going to achieve your expectations as a VN reader, but as an anime it might be be pretty good who knows? We will see.

I'm not even going to go into movies. If this was put into 2 hours.. well, that actually be impossible I think, right?
Jul 9, 2016 12:16 PM
Mar 2012
Designs like little busters gave me bad memories, similar art. Thankfully animation's quite good, va's are really nice, lots of funny stuff. Already like most characters, except fairies they're more annoying than Berserk's. CG also worse than Berserk, tho the unexplained weird fight looked epic. So laser octopus fights ribbon vampire & break the dimension/dream?
Kotarou I like this mc type that pisses & trolls everyone. Male tsundere nice ship already. Kotori/Lucia good va's funny that's all. Ohtori reminds me of an LB character but better, lol cliche bicycle ship, and sjw will complain again jp law disallows passenger behind. Ribbon ghost vampire somehow related to evolution & random flashbacks (i get the multi timeline thing)? So Kotarou was a neanderthal who lost a hand one day? Oh cute dinos & mammoths, when's the last time we got a dinosaur/prehistoric anime.
Jul 9, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 2014
This looked quite interesting but really fucking random.

Anyway. Let's see where this anime goes.
Jul 9, 2016 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
I was worried about this show because it's only 13 episodes and they are including a new route. But now I think they might be able to do it fairly well because this episode had plenty going on without it feeling super rushed.

It's been a while since I played the VN, so watching this episode made me remember so much about the story. I just hope they don't screw over the heroine's development later in the show because they have to make room for the new route. It would be even better to save the new material for a second season. Then they would have plenty of time. Not like that's going to happen though. >_>
Jul 9, 2016 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
Nanashi said:
This looked quite interesting but really fucking random.

Anyway. Let's see where this anime goes.

Phew a voice of reason, I mean wtf is going on here! I hope it's a bit more new-audience friendly from the next episode on. I liked the characters, humor and setting but I have no idea what's going on and the synopsis made me go "LOL rly? ok then..."
Jul 9, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was certainly a confusing first episode. More confusing than Regalia and Taboo Tattoo, even. And it's no wonder this episode was double the length. Not a single thing happened in the first half.

I heard Ryukishi wrote one of the route's(Lucia's?), so I guess I'll continue to watch. I like Ryukishi a lot.
Jul 9, 2016 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
This is extremely rushed, but I played the VN ~3 years back so the nostalgia is real ;-;
Jul 10, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2016
Am I the only one that found this episode really, really awkward? At some points it was getting into cringe territories, especially the script and interaction between characters.
Jul 10, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
I don't particularly mind this kind of anime but this first episode lacks context so much that it almost feels like its a compilation of randomness, the MC hesitating to show his strength twice when he was in danger is a real bore too, other wise i think this first episode was OK and am definitely checking out the next one
Jul 10, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2015
Mormegil said:
Well, that was certainly a confusing first episode. More confusing than Regalia and Taboo Tattoo, even. And it's no wonder this episode was double the length. Not a single thing happened in the first half.

I heard Ryukishi wrote one of the route's(Lucia's?), so I guess I'll continue to watch. I like Ryukishi a lot.

Well, yeah, but Lucia's route was flushed in the toilet along with the other heroines routes.
Jul 10, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2015
I hate double premieres, they're hard to start watching

Visuals were not quite good enough considering it's the first episode.

First half induced cancer like most Key schools do, but noted that the MC seemed a bit better than the bunch

Second half was satisfyingly psychedelic, don't know the fuck they're doing but at this stage it's okay
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

330 by uncommonpuzzled »»
Jul 17, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

168 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

200 by Karva1 »»
Jun 19, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.