Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2012
Centillion said:
^thanks dude.. so they basically left Wall Maria and entered Wall Rose
p.s --> already rewatched that part.. you guys are the worst!
Well actually, they left shiganshina first, and since the armour Titan broke wall Maria, they went straight to rose
Apr 14, 2013 8:09 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Badass episode! This show is even better than I imagined it would be. Its going to suck waiting from week to week for the next episodes. That is definitely a good problem to have though.
Apr 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2008
Another good episode, slower pace than the first one but still really good one.
I hope they do show some of the training and not just make a time skip, but I don't mind either way, as long as it keeps being dark and grim.
Btw, Erens expression at the end was great, filled with anger and desire to get revenge.

Now that ED came out I'm glad it's almost as great as OP.
Apr 14, 2013 8:14 AM
Sep 2012
Another great episode. i love the added scenes involving the armored titan because it shows the power and threat that the titan posseses and also i think it's a good idea for the anime to show the training first because it shows the characters turning into bad asses instead of the SAO route where Kirito just automatically turns into a bad ass instead of showing how he got his skills in the first place

And for the changes made to Mikasa's appearance, i think it's okay for a few aesthetic changes as long they don't change who she is as a character. but if people are still butthurt, just remember at least they didn't make her look like this

KillerPandaApr 14, 2013 9:51 AM
Apr 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode. And it ended really fast, I haven't paid attention to the time.

That Titan :o It felt amazing how he broke that wall, and he smiled as though he was showing off.
Apr 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
I WANT MORE^.^ This show is amazing XD I hope it keeps going the way it is :)
Apr 14, 2013 8:24 AM

Oct 2012
Eren is short tempered Sasuke Uchiha.
Apr 14, 2013 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
That was another amazing episode again. It’s not often you watch an anime that has you so engrossed in it from the first episodes. I’m loving it so far and happy that it is doing the manga justice.
Apr 14, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2012
KingYoshi said:
Badass episode! This show is even better than I imagined it would be. Its going to suck waiting from week to week for the next episodes. That is definitely a good problem to have though.

i completely agree with that.
Apr 14, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode. I'm speechless.
Apr 14, 2013 8:29 AM

Dec 2009
I never believed the second could be as good as the first.

I was wrong.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 14, 2013 8:36 AM

Nov 2012
Another perfect episode. hopefully they can keep this level of perfection throughout the series.

this is like Ironman vs spiderman
Apr 14, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
Shu's voice calling someone a "weak piece of shit" = Paradox
Shu's voice speaking with macho man's voice = PARAPRAPRPARRPAPSODDOXXXXXXX!!

MIND BLOW!
It's the same seyuu?!

I don't know if it's a good ideia show the training in the next episode, but if the new scenes are at the same level of quality of this episode, I get relaxed.
What worries me are these flashbacks of Eren. That with his father should happen one year later...
PaninaManinaApr 14, 2013 8:49 AM
Apr 14, 2013 8:43 AM
Jul 2012
XLNC said:
Hah, they're gonna focus on the training, which was only mentioned offscreen in the manga, not to mention that it did not even finish chapter 2 of the manga. But I guess that's good for the pacing of the show.

Not really the manga skips forward to where they have already graduated, and then we got several flashback chapters to show us. The anime is just going to put the events in chronological order.
Apr 14, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2008
like a kid breaking down a sandcastle....lol how sad.
Apr 14, 2013 8:56 AM
Dec 2007
Centillion said:
Could someone please explain to me all these walls stuff and were the survivors escaped through the river... .. is it an inside wall or a whole different empire...? =-="

There are three rings, the outer wall is Wall Maria, the middle wall is Wall Rose and the inner ring is Wall Sina. There are 4 districts attached to each wall (they sort of bulge out) and one of them, in this case Shiganshina, was attacked by the colossal titan. At this point, the titans still haven't breached Wall Maria. People then tried to escape through the gate that led inside Wall Maria. That's when the armored titan broke the gate and Wall Maria was lost. The protagonists eventually got inside Wall Rose along with other refugees and the people who remained between Wall Rose and Wall Maria were probably eaten.
Apr 14, 2013 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
I have a complex feeling about Mikasa anime verions, see look more beautiful but I still prefer the manga version.
P/s: just found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Apr 14, 2013 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
wow, just wow, that episode was really good, you can tell this show will be a amazing!
Apr 14, 2013 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
joshua_mai said:
I have a complex feeling about Mikasa anime verions, see look more beautiful but I still prefer the manga version.
P/s: just found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDHCLjuOzXY

OH MY GHAWD MY STOMACH HURTS SO MUCH XD

I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE LAUGHING XD XD XD XD

thanks for sharing this REALLY REALLY REALLY made my day XD

now, I will always remember this when the OP plays for the anime >.<
HidoiSanApr 14, 2013 9:40 AM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 14, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
To think how the Titans broke through Shiganshina and to see in this episode a fire breathing tank of a Titan take out the Maria gate just seems like they are unstoppable now.

Looking forward to the sart of the time skip.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 9:43 AM
Mar 2012
Great episode but things got a little weird so me after erens dream sequence. Like, when the hell did erens dad meet up with him to try and inject him with whatever the hell it was and give him the key? Why wasnt mikasa or armin there to witness it? The escape on the boat and the moment eren wakes up arent that far spread apart time wise, you can still see erens hands are injured. I noticed the anime is taking a chronological order from the manga because they time skip to the beginning of their training. But didnt eren say hed apply to the military in one year? Thats a whole lotta growth in one year for anyone. Also mikasa got sexied up a bit, not sure how I feel about that considering how dead she looks in the manga. Still a good episode 9/10
Apr 14, 2013 9:46 AM
Aug 2012
Hmm, probably not gonna see titan action for a good 3 episodes, maybe 2
Apr 14, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
joshua_mai said:

DAFUQ HAHAHAHAHAAH, That is hilariously awesome!!!
Apr 14, 2013 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
vietster1234 said:
Great episode but things got a little weird so me after erens dream sequence. Like, when the hell did erens dad meet up with him to try and inject him with whatever the hell it was and give him the key? Why wasnt mikasa or armin there to witness it? The escape on the boat and the moment eren wakes up arent that far spread apart time wise, you can still see erens hands are injured. I noticed the anime is taking a chronological order from the manga because they time skip to the beginning of their training. But didnt eren say hed apply to the military in one year? Thats a whole lotta growth in one year for anyone. Also mikasa got sexied up a bit, not sure how I feel about that considering how dead she looks in the manga. Still a good episode 9/10

I don't know about the rest if you find it weird but that dream sequence was there to show that it happened right after riding that boat and before that rations part... as for how mikasa and armin wasn't there, think of it that not everything is shown for whatever their reason is... maybe the father asked both armin and mikasa to stay away for a while so he and his son can have a private talk...
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 14, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
I forgot to mention the ed in my post. It was so amazing!

Hiyocchi has a really talented voice. I am so happy that she finally have her own single! And her debut single is being used in one of the most epic series ever existed as an ending song. Really happy for her. My all time favorite seiyuu!

joshua_mai said:

Wow! Whoever made that is brilliant.
Apr 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Was it just me or did the voice actor for Eren change? It was much darker than the previous one.

I think I prefer Mikasa with slightly shorter hair, like in the manga. The lip gloss (or whatever you call it) didn't really suit her. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes.
Apr 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Aug 2009
pming said:
ssjokg said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:
Man, the main character is a total brat.

Kaji Yuki's voice will do that to a character.

Whining about about a 10yrs old being normal makes you bigger brats.

Well, he is supposed to be a brat. Even Armin had to apologize for him acting like a brat.

It's best to not think of Eren is the (only) main character. Best think of the main trio as the MC.
Except that the "brat" was right.

When he was challenging the soldiers, he was right. When he was throwing the bread, he was being stupid. When he was accusing of Armin of being livestock, he was being really annoying.

When he was insisting that he'd go to Wall Maria straight away and start fighting titans, he was being suicidal.

Eren isn't always right.
The only thing that pissed me off is that he blamed only the Titans for the 250.000~ dead instead of blaming the higher ups too.I dont see how they couldnt let them live in the "wild"(well they are still inside walls) and feed themselves.What hopes did they exactly had against the titans when the vast majority of them werent trained or armed?
Apr 14, 2013 9:57 AM

Apr 2009
Idle_Observer said:

The title for episode four is something like "Their First Battle".
Apr 14, 2013 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
Idle_Observer said:

The title for episode four is something like "Their First Battle".
and its a slaughter.
Apr 14, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
The only thing that pissed me off is that he blamed only the Titans for the 250.000~ dead instead of blaming the higher ups too.I dont see how they couldnt let them live in the "wild"(well they are still inside walls) and feed themselves.What hopes did they exactly had against the titans when the vast majority of them werent trained or armed?

made me hate the higher ups more and more... that was like performing a MASS SUICIDE the heck even most of their skilled soldiers mostly die and now they are sending 250,000 inexperienced amateurs to battle... just a pathetic easy-way-out solution for their food shortage problem

made me doubt Eren's reasoning at that part too as he only blamed the Titans
HidoiSanApr 14, 2013 10:09 AM
Apr 14, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2009
HidoiSan said:
ssjokg said:

made me hate the higher ups more and more... that was like performing a MASS SUICIDE the heck even most of their skilled soldiers mostly die and now they are sending 250,000 inexperienced amateurs in fighting... just a pathetic easy-way-out solution for their food shortage problem

It's not like he was absolutely right in everything else but from my POV both Armin and Eren cancel each other out.Eren speaks purely on emotion(that is annoying) and Armin tries to calm him down but nobody is absolutely wrong or right.It is logical for him to want to kill the titans even as a 12yrs old and get angry to those that try to stop him and it is logical for Armin to try to stop him.

And really if Armin was the #1 MC and Eren #2 (and maybe with switched voices) the "annoying" part would be directed to Armin for being a pussy/weakling.How I know that?This is MAL.
Apr 14, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2013
ssjokg said:

He is a kid; he is going to blame the Titans and the Titans alone. When he gets older he is more likely to blame the higher ups for their actions. Even so, it’s a wa and the Titans are killing humans, sending an army to defeat them on the face of it to a child looks like a good idea. If the Titans never existed, the army wouldn't have needed to be sent out in the first place.

Also, sitting in walls for years and waiting for your doom is not a viable option either.
Apr 14, 2013 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
Shadowfax14 said:
joshua_mai said:

DAFUQ HAHAHAHAHAAH, That is hilariously awesome!!!

That was so funny...bravo.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Mar 2008
ssjokg said:

And really if Armin was the #1 MC and Eren #2 (and maybe with switched voices) the "annoying" part would be directed to Armin for being a pussy/weakling.How I know that?This is MAL.

Sorry but... what is "MC" exactly?

HidoiSan said:

made me hate the higher ups more and more... that was like performing a MASS SUICIDE the heck even most of their skilled soldiers mostly die and now they are sending 250,000 inexperienced amateurs to battle... just a pathetic easy-way-out solution for their food shortage problem

Everyone is trying to survive, at least while they can.
The government took advantage from despair and fear of people to sacrifice them. If not, they would be eaten anyway, and certainly could fire riots and rebellions against the internal walls.

I made up my mind.
I will read a few volumes of the manga, because I realize that it is impossible to escape spoilers. If it is to find out about the Titans, it better be through the manga.
PaninaManinaApr 14, 2013 10:24 AM
Apr 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
can somone tell me the name of the song or ost that playes when they are being initiated into the army at the end please! thanks!
Apr 14, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
PaninaManina said:
Main Character.
Apr 14, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:

spoken from years of experience *nod nod*
Apr 14, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Main Character.

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 14, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
Tommk said:
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Main Character.

Ah... thanks... but... AND MIKASA?!
In this episode, i'm feeling like she is the True MC.
I had the same feeling in manga.
Apr 14, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
Mikasa looks... Weird? I rememeber her looking much more gloomy. And FINALLY! Kyojin has became big on the internet here!

Also, christina is really pretty, but my fav girl is still annie

onward!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 14, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
I expected much from this Anime.. and fuck yeah i get what i wanted

5/5
Apr 14, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Can we agree this show's opening is the best in 2013 without even seeing what else is to come yet?
Apr 14, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
PaninaManina said:

The government took advantage from despair and fear of people to sacrifice them. If not, they would be eaten anyway, and certainly could fire riots and rebellions against the internal walls.

that certainly could happen (w/ people fighting for their rights and all) but that solution was just heartless... well, in many aspects and from many angles you couldn't really tell what is the CORRECT solution as their is none... they could've at least tried a few different things than just worthless sacrifice
Apr 14, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
Mem521 said:
ssjokg said:

He is a kid; he is going to blame the Titans and the Titans alone. When he gets older he is more likely to blame the higher ups for their actions. Even so, it’s a wa and the Titans are killing humans, sending an army to defeat them on the face of it to a child looks like a good idea. If the Titans never existed, the army wouldn't have needed to be sent out in the first place.

Also, sitting in walls for years and waiting for your doom is not a viable option either.
But they knew that the citizens would literally be just food and they knew that those that lived in the inner walls didnt really care.Hell they were experiencing it during the ration scene.
Apr 14, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
Pusswookie said:
Jesus Christ. My erection alone could type a full page report on how much I love this show. Also, having just finished the manga I now enjoy a new [though only slightly altered] perspective of the events of this episode.
I notice there are still a lot of people complaining about Eren though. Am I the only one who really appreciates how he turns this mental trauma into pure, unadulterated rage?
Now that's the attitude of a protagonist.

Totally agree with you, furthermore, people complaining about Eren being a kid in the first 2 episodes are just idiots.

Acropyre said:
I wanna eat humans too :>

Be careful, don't let the soap fall.

natssuu said:

There is something you can say, and something you can't say.

Btw, great episode, can't wait. Sawano is simply a god to me, i'm saying that long before Gundam Unicorn, now i just love him more than ever.
AkanezoraApr 14, 2013 10:39 AM
Apr 14, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2009
PaninaManina said:
Tommk said:
IntroverTurtle said:
PaninaManina said:
Main Character.

Ah... thanks... but... AND MIKASA?!
In this episode, i'm feeling like she is the True MC.
I had the same feeling in manga.

Well we dont go per ep but by the series. Eren is #1 and Mikasa with Armin#2 and #3 (talking about MCs not supporting roles).
Akanezora said:

natssuu said:

There is something you can say, and something you can't say.
QFT
Apr 14, 2013 10:33 AM

May 2009
Cunning said:
can somone tell me the name of the song or ost that playes when they are being initiated into the army at the end please! thanks!
The OST won't be out for some time.
Apr 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Mar 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Mikasa looks... Weird? I rememeber her looking much more gloomy. And FINALLY! Kyojin has became big on the internet here!

Also, christina is really pretty, but my fav girl is still annie

onward!

POTATO GIRL, because she plays in my team!
BEHOLD!

Who else play in Potato Team?
Apr 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
HidoiSan said:
PaninaManina said:

that certainly could happen (w/ people fighting for their rights and all) but that solution was just heartless... well, in many aspects and from many angles you couldn't really tell what is the CORRECT solution as their is none... they could've at least tried a few different things than just worthless sacrifice

They live in the Age of the Great Shit.
Shit happens... happened with they all...
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

993 by AvenSawanami »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1558 by cosmic_cosmo »»
Jun 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

omega_d94 - Aug 17, 2013

499 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 19, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - May 11, 2013

952 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 17, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

942 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 16, 10:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.