Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2023 12:39 PM
Aug 2019
Mommy frieren 🔥
Nov 11, 2023 1:08 PM
Apr 2016
Holy shit, that was seriously one of the best display of power I've ever seen! And that casual "kill yourself" while walking away was so freakin savage.

Frieren supremacy!
CruicruiseNov 11, 2023 1:35 PM
Nov 11, 2023 1:12 PM
Jan 2020
This has to be my favourite episode out of any anime I've seen up until today.

Everything from Frierens' backstory with Flamme, her first meeting with Himmel and the rest of the party (And that beautiful flash of their journey together, my god I didn't know that only a millisecond could make me tear up), to the terrifying display of Frierens' true power.

All of it was so immaculately executed that, though not much happened, I was at the edge of my seat for the whole duration of the episode.

This is truly peak storytelling.
Nov 11, 2023 1:20 PM
Nov 2022
Once again exceeding the source material.
Nov 11, 2023 1:20 PM

May 2019
One of the Peak moments of the Manga, masterfully adapted.

Chapter 22.

[manga readers] Another peak moment like this could be....
Rob7Nov 11, 2023 1:30 PM
Nov 11, 2023 3:37 PM
Apr 2023
Best scene.. frieren so cool😍
Nov 11, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2020
Demons, who love to fool humans, were defeated because they've been fooled. Nice.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Nov 11, 2023 4:50 PM

Jul 2020
WOWWW, I can't tell how much I love this episode. This gave me goosebumps when I read the manga before, and I love it even more in this anime. What a masterpiece of an episode this is.
My Candies:
Nov 11, 2023 6:08 PM

Jul 2014
10 episodes to get to the dick-measuring moment. Heh. Quite the facepalm, but I see people loved it.
Nov 11, 2023 7:11 PM
Oct 2021
WOW, THAT ENDING WAS METAL.

She didn’t even want to dirty her own hands with Aura’s blood, making her do that work herself….
Nov 11, 2023 8:20 PM

Apr 2020
very good episode, maybe my favorite so far for this series
Nov 11, 2023 8:22 PM
Jan 2018
Now this is how you build up to a character's true scale. Even though this episode inverting the action/dialogue ratio from last week, it still managed to match last week's excitement, if not topping it.
Nov 11, 2023 8:54 PM

Nov 2019
I enjoyed this episode (as well as the adapted chapters,) but I did get the feeling that it took away something from Fern. To me, at least, it seemed as though Ferns talent for concealing her mana was meant to be a unique thing to her. Something that might give her a circumstantial edge over more powerful and skilled spellcasters like Frieren, and a distinct role in difficult scenarios. After this episode it feels like rapid-fire spellcasting has gone from being an addition to its replacement. At the very least, a specialization in quick casting does feel very fitting for a human mage. Especially in this story.

I think, though, that it might have felt more clever had the characters instead devised a plot that took advantage of Ferns ability to conceal her mana from Aura. Perhaps boosting her with some sort of magical potion or herb or potion. The side effects of such could be negligible, and unpleasant and played for comedy and/or drama.

Admittedly, adding these mana boosting (not just restoring, or it wouldn't work for the plan) items to the world would have been an irreversible decision that would definitely affect future plotlines. So I can see why the author might want to avoid it. Or maybe they didn't, I'm not very far in, so maybe items for this purpose do exist and I just haven't seen them yet. It might also have felt contrived to have the characters be in possession of such an item, especially if it's rare. Or maybe not, after all, it wasn't too long ago that they had raided a dragons nest.

This probably wasn't the most well written post, I'm pretty tired right now and I accidentally deleted the original version of this (from the anime's "what did you think of this episode" pop-up, not from the actual forums. So I couldn't undo.) But I hope I've gotten my message across.
Nov 11, 2023 8:57 PM
Apr 2016
What's cooking at Frieren's production team~?

The build up was slow, but the release at the end, my GOSH~!

They did it twice, 1st during the blue flower search mini arc, then this...

+ the OST backing it up
Nov 11, 2023 9:14 PM
Jun 2007
Started with how Flamme found Frieren, subsequently ask Frieren to suppress her mana to fool anyone with her subpar mana level.
Aura was so confident that she thought her mana level overwhelm Frieren but bam.
Frieren mana level enveloped both their mana.....
Crazy ep!
Nov 11, 2023 9:47 PM
Nov 2022
looking forward to watch the rest....
Nov 11, 2023 9:57 PM

Feb 2011
Aura quickly realized she ain't built for this 💀
Nov 11, 2023 10:45 PM
Mar 2016
Epic, this episode was epic
Nov 11, 2023 10:54 PM
May 2015
Really was a great episode. The first several weeks I was just thinking this show was like an 8/10 at best, but this arc brought me around to why everyone is thinking Frieren is Anime of the Year. Hope it continues this way.
Nov 11, 2023 11:05 PM
Nov 2023
Even though there weren't any intense scenes of fistfights or anything like that, this episode really gave me goosebumps, seeing the dominance given by Frieren proves that he really is a strong and extraordinary mage, and remember "Live without attracting attention"
Nov 11, 2023 11:58 PM

Nov 2014
The arrogance of demons and Frieren's advantage over them is based on the premise that they think she has less mana than them. Isn't the fact that Aura was defeated while using the scales an immediate tell to all the other demons that Frieren has at least more mana than Aura? Shouldn't she have blasted her away rather than killing her with the scales?
Nov 12, 2023 12:02 AM

Feb 2013
Holyyyyyyyyy shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, i like how this awesomes episode has basically meme'd kys lmfaos✈️
✈️
Nov 12, 2023 12:09 AM

Apr 2017
the ending was so fucking strong. Love this anime.
Nov 12, 2023 1:03 AM
Jul 2023
Slight spoiler: This is probably everyones favorite part and it's what makes it a 10/10 episode
azreiiielNov 12, 2023 1:08 AM
Nov 12, 2023 2:56 AM

May 2021
One of the coldest demon slays ever.

"Aura, kill yourself"

Nov 12, 2023 3:37 AM

Feb 2021
"Aura, kill yourself" turns around badassly.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 12, 2023 5:09 AM

Feb 2019
That was epic. Loved seeing the relationship between Flamme and Frieren and the world almost a thousand years ago, Greek or Roman-like. Also liked seeing Frieren's first meeting with the party of heroes.

But nothing beats that final mana reveal scene. Frieren might just be the most powerful mage alive right now, and maybe throughout history as well. I see nothing dirty about her method, but I get how the demons who base their society around mana would see it as dirty. And to think that she taught this to her apprentice Fern as well. Truly terrifying.

But it was sad to see Frieren's village destroyed like that. I guess elves are generally more powerful and a threat to the demons, otherwise they wouldn't have targeted elves specifically like that. But I wonder if we'll see elves in the next episode based on the preview?

Well, my thoughts on this episode are clear.

Simply epic.
Nov 12, 2023 6:13 AM
May 2017
frieren shitting on these demons is always a sight to behold
Nov 12, 2023 6:44 AM

Apr 2020
"demons are individualists" is there something more to flamme said? Like a real world commentary or another layer of meaning? I'm sure it has its own applications in its story, but is there a comparison to be had between real-world individualists and real world 'humans' who value social status and money? I wonder if there's a lesson to be learned from 'too much' individualism or 'too much in the wrong way (arrogant/pride) individualism.'
When a person becomes too individualist and flaunts too much their own merit, do they lose the sight of something?
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 12, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2015
Reply to W3TFT
"demons are individualists" is there something more to flamme said? Like a real world commentary or another layer of meaning? I'm sure it has its own applications in its story, but is there a comparison to be had between real-world individualists and real world 'humans' who value social status and money? I wonder if there's a lesson to be learned from 'too much' individualism or 'too much in the wrong way (arrogant/pride) individualism.'
When a person becomes too individualist and flaunts too much their own merit, do they lose the sight of something?
@Yorginvik Yeah no, all she's saying is that they're solitary creatures, that form loose social bonds. Not everything has to have some alternative meaning
Nov 12, 2023 7:15 AM

Oct 2023
Another banger episode, as expected from the anime of the season. The Flamme/Frieren backstory transitioning into Frieren obliterating demons was fire.
Nov 12, 2023 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
Damn... It can be hard not to feel a tiny bit of empathy towards demons, despite them being inherently bad (in a sense, they kill other races indiscriminately). Maybe it's because it's hard to believe that such creatures can exist. Creatures who fear death just like humans and animals, are sentient but can't EVER be reasoned with... That's why you need someone as "coldhearted" as Frieren to deal with them. She won't hesitate to kill.

Maybe the reason why humans (me included) would hesitate is because we basically become pro-genocide if we share Frieren's POV. Like, kill every last demon since every last one of them, child or adult, are monsters. It feels wrong to be pro-genocide, like some Nazi. It can be hard to accept this, even though in this case that's indeed the only solution...
Nov 12, 2023 7:49 AM

May 2015
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Damn... It can be hard not to feel a tiny bit of empathy towards demons, despite them being inherently bad (in a sense, they kill other races indiscriminately). Maybe it's because it's hard to believe that such creatures can exist. Creatures who fear death just like humans and animals, are sentient but can't EVER be reasoned with... That's why you need someone as "coldhearted" as Frieren to deal with them. She won't hesitate to kill.

Maybe the reason why humans (me included) would hesitate is because we basically become pro-genocide if we share Frieren's POV. Like, kill every last demon since every last one of them, child or adult, are monsters. It feels wrong to be pro-genocide, like some Nazi. It can be hard to accept this, even though in this case that's indeed the only solution...
@Sigmar-Unberogen don't think I could feel any empathy for a creature who's sole existence is to kill and eat me. Got to remember that demons in this world are apex predators who evolved to look and sound like humans in order to kill them more easily.
Nov 12, 2023 7:51 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to 1idd0kun
@LS_11

Frieren is not a genius. Mana increases with years of training so the older the mage, the greater the mana. Frieren got that powerful because she trained for 1000 years. Aura only trained for around 500 years so her mana could never compare.

But this is only about mana. There's way more to the magic system in this series than mana. And it's not impossible for a mage with less mana than Frieren to beat her.
@1idd0kun No, she is a genius, that's why Flamme praises her talent and ability to learn,,, well, although perhaps the biggest influence is in her age, but if she wasn't a genius she wouldn't be able to follow Flamme's teachings so she's still in the genius category (even though she's not as great as Flamme).
Nov 12, 2023 8:03 AM
Jul 2021
That's the most badass manna revealing damn it!! I love the in between flashback and real time plot in it. Really nice episode!
Nov 12, 2023 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
It was epic, the backstory of Frieren with Flame and the exhilarating amount of magic power shown at the end of episode was amazing.
Nov 12, 2023 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to billybub
@Sigmar-Unberogen don't think I could feel any empathy for a creature who's sole existence is to kill and eat me. Got to remember that demons in this world are apex predators who evolved to look and sound like humans in order to kill them more easily.
billybub said:
don't think I could feel any empathy for a creature who's sole existence is to kill and eat me.

Yeah I know, but, as I've said, it can be hard to accept every single one of them are irredeemable monsters and thus should be exterminated without mercy. It just feels wrong, even though the show makes it clear it isn't. Even Himmel couldn't finish off that demon child for instance and let Frieren do it.
Nov 12, 2023 9:18 AM
Jan 2022
Frieren's last line is the hardest line in anime history.
Nov 12, 2023 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to Mainnus
The biggest flex.
@Mainnus
i didnt expect it to be THIS big, the mana circle.
Nov 12, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to delirific
One interesting thing to me is how the demon king ordered all elves to be wiped out. I'm guessing the idea is that since demons live a long life and mana is proportional to the years spent training, they think humans die of old age long before they could become a threat to demons. But elves live long enough to rival them in terms of mana. This is also part of why Flamme figured that Frieren's longevity will be the key to defeating the demon king.

Also, Lügner classified Frieren as a "genius" because it seemed to him that Frieren hasn't spent many years training magic due to the amount of mana she appeared to have. So logically, if you can be extremely powerful after just a little bit of training, that may make her seem like a "talented genius", when truly it was about the amount of time she spent training her magic.
Nov 12, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 2019
Some interesting worldbuilding about the demon's was introduced here. I though this was interesting. I was predicting Aura would die here though. Frieren is an immortal elf wizard after all.
Nov 12, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2018
And another one down.
Nov 12, 2023 10:59 AM
Deez

Jul 2021
I feel bad for the demons 😅
Nov 12, 2023 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
"Dragon Ball" speech and "surprise" effect...
Those demon episodes were particularly uninteresting.

3/5
Nov 12, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2022
eps ini sangat keren saya suka semoga eps selanjutnya makin bagus dan keren
Nov 12, 2023 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
'Im a mage who has lived over a thousand years' Squeee, next eps pls
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 12, 2023 12:14 PM
Aug 2016
that shit was peak
Nov 12, 2023 2:47 PM
Jan 2021
the best scene at the end
Nov 12, 2023 2:55 PM

Aug 2017
What can I say, Madhouse is coming back strong with this one
Nov 12, 2023 2:57 PM
May 2021
This episode is literally peak
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Yesterday

119 by Iiamazeee »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

279 by Neokyuz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
Today, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

515 by Khashishi »»
Sep 21, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.