Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 5, 2021 7:14 AM

Dec 2018
It was an ok episode if it's not the last episode for this anime... They end it horribly with a unfinished story.

No wonder they didn't show hows Neiru sister look like before, it's because she look exactly the same as Neiru is.

Of course the dead person won't get resurrect that easily, they just get the 'same' person from the parallel timeline.

If they do make a 2nd season, I bet Episode 8 is going to be a recap episode again xD

Jul 5, 2021 8:38 AM
May 2016
Zadion said:
ok I'm going to come to the defense of this episode for a minute. I am not dissatisfied with the story direction, and I'm ok with how it concluded. There are no important questions that aren't at least half-resolved. Neiru was a robot. There are parallel worlds. When a wonder egg is cracked, the young girls who killed themselves are not reborn; they're pulled from another timeline. We can't be angry this series steeped in surrealistic fantasy from episode 1 decided to reconfigure its modus operandi. When the girls accomplish their mission, Frill takes it upon herself to "restore balance" by killing the girl -- or, in substitute, their pet. For Ai, the parallel Ai sacrificed herself instead. We're not gonna get a resolution to Frill's arc. I'm fine with that. Not every arc needs a resolution. Everything that happened here makes perfect sense within the context of the series. Now Ai is going on another round of wonder egg restoration to retrieve Neiru, presumably reborn in another timeline as a human. There are questions here, but none that ruin the scope of the plot point. I'm perfectly content leaving some questions to the imagination. People jizz all over Serial Experiments Lain and similar shows for that sort of storytelling.

Always listen to Neiru, this isn't about bringing dead friends back from the egg world. In episode 2 when Ai tells her that's what she is doing she asks her "Are you sure you just don't like yourself and want to change?" By the end of the show we learn, yes that what it's about and Ai does change, end of story.
As to your other points, Neiru wasn't a robot (though that's what Rika calls her) she has a pulse (a heart), eats, gets hurt and heals, etc. Hmm was that Frill's goal? To restore balance (is she Anakin Skywalker?) I go back to the episode where the pets are given to fight the "haters" and the Accas explain the more they accomplish the more well known they get and so become targets. So by bringing a girl back they have become famous enough in the egg world that they are now targets of Frill herself, who sends her "fly" girls after them.
As for Frill the Accas have an interesting conversation where Ur-Acca says to Acca, "you don't care about saving Frill as long as you can save your daughter" and Acca says "hasn't that how we've always been?" So it's not really even clear why the Accas were trying to get "warriors of Eros" to kill Frill or save her.
As for Neiru, I'm not 100% sure where she went. I presume to the egg world, but permanently, like how Koitobuki was able to show up here (did she learn it from her?). The whole physicallity of the egg world I didn't quite grasp completely, was it like the Matrix (Frill's computers in the storage shed are still running so I presume she created it there) and instead of a brain jack you had an egg? Or could you also physically go there without falling asleep with an egg. Or I think maybe Neiru like Frill and her friends (Dot, Hyphen, SS Plum whatever) being an Ai uploaded herself. (Was that why we see her body in a field when Ai didn't answer the phone?).
Jul 5, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
MenchiK1 said:
Zadion said:
ok I'm going to come to the defense of this episode for a minute. I am not dissatisfied with the story direction, and I'm ok with how it concluded. There are no important questions that aren't at least half-resolved. Neiru was a robot. There are parallel worlds. When a wonder egg is cracked, the young girls who killed themselves are not reborn; they're pulled from another timeline. We can't be angry this series steeped in surrealistic fantasy from episode 1 decided to reconfigure its modus operandi. When the girls accomplish their mission, Frill takes it upon herself to "restore balance" by killing the girl -- or, in substitute, their pet. For Ai, the parallel Ai sacrificed herself instead. We're not gonna get a resolution to Frill's arc. I'm fine with that. Not every arc needs a resolution. Everything that happened here makes perfect sense within the context of the series. Now Ai is going on another round of wonder egg restoration to retrieve Neiru, presumably reborn in another timeline as a human. There are questions here, but none that ruin the scope of the plot point. I'm perfectly content leaving some questions to the imagination. People jizz all over Serial Experiments Lain and similar shows for that sort of storytelling.

Always listen to Neiru, this isn't about bringing dead friends back from the egg world. In episode 2 when Ai tells her that's what she is doing she asks her "Are you sure you just don't like yourself and want to change?" By the end of the show we learn, yes that what it's about and Ai does change, end of story.
As to your other points, Neiru wasn't a robot (though that's what Rika calls her) she has a pulse (a heart), eats, gets hurt and heals, etc. Hmm was that Frill's goal? To restore balance (is she Anakin Skywalker?) I go back to the episode where the pets are given to fight the "haters" and the Accas explain the more they accomplish the more well known they get and so become targets. So by bringing a girl back they have become famous enough in the egg world that they are now targets of Frill herself, who sends her "fly" girls after them.
As for Frill the Accas have an interesting conversation where Ur-Acca says to Acca, "you don't care about saving Frill as long as you can save your daughter" and Acca says "hasn't that how we've always been?" So it's not really even clear why the Accas were trying to get "warriors of Eros" to kill Frill or save her.
As for Neiru, I'm not 100% sure where she went. I presume to the egg world, but permanently, like how Koitobuki was able to show up here (did she learn it from her?). The whole physicallity of the egg world I didn't quite grasp completely, was it like the Matrix (Frill's computers in the storage shed are still running so I presume she created it there) and instead of a brain jack you had an egg? Or could you also physically go there without falling asleep with an egg. Or I think maybe Neiru like Frill and her friends (Dot, Hyphen, SS Plum whatever) being an Ai uploaded herself. (Was that why we see her body in a field when Ai didn't answer the phone?).

I dont have the episode available to check the details but at some point in this ep its explained Neiru's sister made a robot replica of herself, strongly implied to be Neiru. Androids in fiction are commonly depicted experiencing human sensations.

Interpreting the "egg world" as a parallel universe, one of the only things communicated directly, makes the most sense. Its what the series calls it. All supporting evidence suggests thats what it is.

Frill's motivations are unclear, and your post reinforces the only part I care about: all the plot points and twists were burned through at breakneck speed, are obtuse, and are poorly explained. If there was supposed to be a right and wrong way of analyzing these events, and I'm not sure there is, its all so convoluted the "right way" is difficult to discern.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 5, 2021 1:22 PM
May 2016
Zadion said:
MenchiK1 said:

I dont have the episode available to check the details but at some point in this ep its explained Neiru's sister made a robot replica of herself, strongly implied to be Neiru. Androids in fiction are commonly depicted experiencing human sensations.

Interpreting the "egg world" as a parallel universe, one of the only things communicated directly, makes the most sense. Its what the series calls it. All supporting evidence suggests thats what it is.

Frill's motivations are unclear, and your post reinforces the only part I care about: all the plot points and twists were burned through at breakneck speed, are obtuse, and are poorly explained. If there was supposed to be a right and wrong way of analyzing these events, and I'm not sure there is, its all so convoluted the "right way" is difficult to discern.

In ep 13 when the secretary calls them they got to Neiru's apartment and a different Koitobuki is there, she says their world's Koitobuki made an Ai replica of Airu. Rika calls her a robot. Remember in the early episodes she was at the hospital healing from the injuries she received in Egg World, and later when she invites the girls over they check her temperature and pulse and both are normal, and has a brain if the dream visualizer works by analyzing brain waves. So she wasn't a robot. I assume she was grown like Frill was (whose growth pod looked suspiciously like an egg).

As for egg world.

To which Momoe replies "they're not reality either".

I think Frill's were clear, but not the Accas, besides trying to stop Frill.
MenchiK1Jul 5, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 5, 2021 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
Well that was crap. The "conclusion" is nothing of the sort and half was recap. Is this a trick ending and there will be a second season? That would be bad enough but if this is the true end then its quite pathetic. Did the writers and animators need more time? Should have taken it and actually wrapped things up. As it is... garbage. I guess I can give this a 4/10 just for the production looking good but characters and story was just sad.
Jul 5, 2021 6:16 PM

Feb 2017
what???????? not only did they shove a recap in our faces more than halfway through wep, but now we get ANOTHER recap taking up more than half the time of the special ep. ignoring the fact that i just wasted 25 minutes of my life watching a recap of a show that i binged in about 3 days, the second half of the episode was incredibly infuriating. what the hell happened to everyone????? i did NOT see this as a satisfying conclusion and would have rather not watched this special episode if it was gonna be this atrocious. i'm so disappointed because this anime looked so good but i feel like so many things were going off course and a lot of things weren't explained properly (i'm probably just dumb) /??????

honestly what was the point of the girls going through all of this? am i missing something? they wanted to bring back a friend (or family member) who killed themselves, but they end up bringing back someone who doesnt even remember them? what was the point? to reiterate the obvious fact that dead people can't be saved? ai and neiru were very badly physically hurt in the egg world at one point. momo and rika were traumatized when their pet friends were killed right in front of them. what was all that for? to bring their loved ones "back to life" (i.e. pull them from another dimension??)? what???

but like wait so how does this even work? if koito , for instance, is dead in the main world then how is she taken from the parallel world? does she get killed in the parallel world so she can be brought over to the main world?

3/10, season 2 when

placeholder text
Jul 5, 2021 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
I just realized that this is the most mean spirited ending they could have done. Let's recap (lol).
- Frill is left alone to drive as many girls to suicide as she wants
- the reward the girls receive for all their hard work and pain is terrible. They don't actually brin their friend back, they just take another version from another dimension. Their actual friend stays dead.
- once they find out Neiru was an AI, they all bail. Momoko bails before even knowing this, Rika bails immediately after, and Ai bails for NO REASON.
- they don't stay friends, because.... living sucks?
Jul 6, 2021 1:53 AM

Jul 2012
So I saw the score for this before watching the episode and I thought to myself "Oh, come on, it can't be that bad!"... OH BOY, WAS I WRONG!

The only positive thing I got from this was the last confirmation that sensei was a good guy all along. My intuition was correct after all (although I though Koito was just in love with him, not that she was actually "the bad guy").

What the fuck is this?? Like seriously?!?
Half of the episode was a recap... ANOTHER recap, cause we already had one mid-season.
And the rest was just... ????? that's the ending you're going with?

It's so frustrating when shows have interesting concepts and a really good start but the writers doesn't know how end it and do random crap like that (kinda what happened with TPN as well).

On top of that, pacing was so off, it moved at snail pace at times.
And what was with the Gibiate-tier animation for some scenes?? Backgrounds looked off as hell too.

Absolutely awful and a complete disappointment.
Downgrading the whole show as well.
Jul 6, 2021 9:44 PM

Dec 2016
When they showed Koito was alive I thought it was a flashback until she said she doesn't remember being friends with Ai. Didn't Acca and Ura-acca say that all of these wouldn't really bring them back to life...so how come all the dead people are alive now? I thought these fightings were all for them to sort things out with their dead friend and somehow move on accepting the fact that they're dead.

I have no idea about what Acca and Ura-acca plan to do with this understanding the Temptation of death project. They say it's to stop these young girls from dying when they don't have to, so they just plan to collect their troubled close friends and make them do these shit to bring them back to life? Won't they explain the science behind the revival of the dead people? Did they artificially create them? Or do they have magic?

How did Kotobuki of the parallel world come to the real world? How is that traveling even possible? How did Neiru ran away to the parallel world? Damn, I'm flooding with more questions...

The only new thing that made sense was the revelation of Koito's story. Most of you were saying many things about Sawaki, labeling him as a pedophile and whatnot. In the end it was Koito who was the problematic one. She turned out to be the kind of person I find disgusting...I guess they wanted to portray that even the person who you are really close to can have a very unexpected side to them, a side that could be negative or positive.

Ai threw the phone twice like it's nothing. When she was crying on her mom's lap, was it because of throwing the phone?

Everything was so confusing. I was lost in most of the scenes. Even tho it hasn't been that long, this special just became a nostalgia thing now because surprisingly I enjoyed watching the recap more than the new part. The new part just created more questions. The only good thing about this is the beautiful Kyoani-like animation and the OST which helped me survive the whole 46 minutes.
Rickydory123Jul 6, 2021 9:58 PM
Jul 7, 2021 3:02 AM
Apr 2015
I just feel like ... they had more plot points than they knew what to do with.
They should have just season 1'd all of the saving people from suicide bits, and stuck the crazy AI stuff into a second season if they really, really, really wanted to do it.

Can't help but think of the first half of Wonder Egg and how awesome it was.
Jul 7, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
WHAT IN THE FUCKING SHITSTAIN WAS THAT ??????

How could they do this ????? The first half recap is already bad enough but wtf with that fucking ending ??? Are they doing this to troll us ??? Fuck sake
Jul 7, 2021 1:05 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
This was just bad, unfortunately, as a really liked the main series. It doesn't even begin to wrap up any of the plot threads from season 1. Not sure why they thought they had time for a recap, but they didn't. Clearly, they rushed this out of the door as quickly as possible when it needed lot more thought and attention.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, this is one of the few shows I'll give a 1/10. Not just because it was bad but because of amount of potential that was ruined in the execution.
Jul 7, 2021 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
bahahaha what the fuck did i just watch

If anything else, this show taught me to be wary of anime originals with such an intricate level of animation. The writing simply cannot keep up. The producers behind this show bit off more than they could chew, trying to have both topnotch animation quality and a complex, multilayered story born completely from scratch. Such a feat may have been possible in the past, but in post-covid era this type of work seems doomed to fail. Sad.
Jul 9, 2021 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
I can't believe I watched two recap episodes in a one cour show.. Nice trolling, CW.
Nothing else to say about this "special". Can't even rate it. Complete waste of time.

About the show as whole, well.. They decided to throw in as many ideas as they can, but didn't know how to handle any of these themes. Spectacular trainwreck.
Funny enough, episode 12 was very good, unlike this one. And the highest point of the show was episode 1.
Jul 9, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2020
yo cloverworks i think you forgot to add the plot.
Jul 9, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2013
MenchiK1 said:

In ep 13 when the secretary calls them they got to Neiru's apartment and a different Koitobuki is there, she says their world's Koitobuki made an Ai replica of Airu. Rika calls her a robot. Remember in the early episodes she was at the hospital healing from the injuries she received in Egg World, and later when she invites the girls over they check her temperature and pulse and both are normal, and has a brain if the dream visualizer works by analyzing brain waves. So she wasn't a robot. I assume she was grown like Frill was (whose growth pod looked suspiciously like an egg).

This is playing semantics with English because I would call Frill a robot too, lol. She's a manufactured being with a super AI brain. That is my definition of a robot. Robots are often very human when portrayed in anime. But I'm not interested in a debate on English semantics. Whatever Frill is, Neiru is.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 9, 2021 9:47 PM
Nov 2018
Uhh wtf was that lol. Half of the episode was a recap, which I do appreciate, but the new stuff was wack.
Jul 10, 2021 10:35 AM
Nov 2019
Please tell me this is a teaser for second season .. !! It cannot be over like this wtf ..!
Jul 10, 2021 2:10 PM

Feb 2019
Yea that was some hot doo doo, 23 minutes on a recap? I don’t have fucking Alzheimer’s. I can remember the story. And it didn’t answer any of the questions we had, only left us with more. Really disappointing because we’d waited months for this and it had such a good start to fumble at the end like this… a real shame. Another cloverworks L.
Jul 11, 2021 8:38 AM
May 2016
Zadion said:
MenchiK1 said:

This is playing semantics with English because I would call Frill a robot too, lol. She's a manufactured being with a super AI brain. That is my definition of a robot. Robots are often very human when portrayed in anime. But I'm not interested in a debate on English semantics. Whatever Frill is, Neiru is.

I believe android is the correct term.
Jul 12, 2021 8:07 AM
Oct 2019
I don't really mind the recap, i mean it's good refresher.
But the ending feels like an open ending.
I like the idea of an open ending but there is just so many unanswered questions.
I doubt it will get another season.

Such a huge disappointment from the building up of 12 episodes WEP.
They should just wrap things up and not introduced another plot in the finale.
This is what you called poor execution.

Just when i thought another Original Anime would have a good conclusion.
4/10
Jul 12, 2021 2:35 PM

Aug 2018
sooooo. The anime had a bad ending and they tried to make a worse one so the first ending would look good in comparison?

That's the only way i can explain what i just watched.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 13, 2021 2:27 AM

May 2018
Yeah, the second recap for a 13-episode series is what we all needed.
Nothing was answered. New questions were randomly thrown in. Everything is so random and out of place.
Instead of the promised conclusion we just got a trailer to nonexistent second season.
Jul 13, 2021 7:51 AM
Jan 2020
So were the girls who had committed suicide and were brought back to life from a parallel universe where that version of them hadn’t died? In that universe, maybe they hadn’t become friends with Ai, Rika, etc. OR were our main cast transported to timelines where their friends still lived? idk

In regards to Neiru, I’m just really confused tbh.
Jul 13, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Gotta hand it to the staff, they managed to create a 40 minute episode where absolutely nothing happened.

Seriously when I looked at the score I thought to myself "it can't be that bad" but it somehow ended up being just that bad!! How?? Neiru's a fucking AI now? What's the point of introducing Frill and her friends when all they did was exist as a possible end boss who never even got confronted?? And Kotobuki can travel between parallel worlds? wtf? Stop introducing all these big plot points in the last episode.

What a disappointment. First 12 episodes were great, but this has to be one of the worst endings I've ever experienced in fiction. Ending it at episode 12 would have been better than whatever the fuck this clusterfuck was.
Jul 18, 2021 1:15 AM

Jul 2015
They definitely shouldn't have done ep 8 (pointless recap) and only a standalone recap instead of doing a 25 min recap at the start of this special so this special would only cover some new material. Really nice end with everything resolved...oh wait that didn't happen considering everyone drifted apart acting as if nothing happened and without the actual problems resolved.
Definitely felt like a builtup for a second season until the last few seconds where they say its 'the end'...I hope I'm wrong on this otherwise this'll be really disappointing way to end things...

Jul 21, 2021 6:20 PM
Jul 2021
I came away from this episode wishing that I didn’t watch it.
Jul 22, 2021 7:50 AM
Jan 2011
TheKewlPerson said:
If it's a finale I'd give it a 6/10. If there will be a season 2 I'd give it an 8/10.

Agree. This sets up a season 2 without a confirmation of a season 2.
Jul 26, 2021 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
What a disappointing ending. Nothing answered. Only more questions.
Jul 31, 2021 11:46 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Wtf is this confusing mess, they didn't even resolve anything especially anything involving frill.
Aug 7, 2021 1:38 AM

Apr 2020
Now I know why people got disappointed with this. 4/10 and I feel I'm being generous because of the series.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 11, 2021 8:26 AM

May 2020
If there as season 2 on the horizon, I'd feel a lot better about this special. But looking over the forums and the Internet, its pretty clear this isn't getting a season 2 anytime soon.

Honestly, if they don't make a season 2, this is an incredibly depressing episode to end things on. Everyone's drifted apart, Neiru's gone, Frill and her gang of creeps are still out on the loose. It boggles the mind how they messed up this badly.
Aug 23, 2021 3:17 PM

Aug 2019
Having watched about 8 episodes of the anime series as it aired earlier this year, I've just caught up with the rest of it this evening, including the special that aired a couple of months ago. What a disappointment that ended up being after such a strong first 11 episodes of the main series.

It left a lot of unanswered questions, that will require a 2nd season to answer them all, but with the anime being poorly received in terms of BD sales, it's highly unlikely we'll get to see it.

I thought the backstory with Frill and Acca and Ura-Acca was interesting in Episode 11, and then for some reason any build-up of tension that was felt by Frill finally being presented as the main villain of the series was lost during Episode 12 with the convoluted mess of a narrative that was the parallel worlds. However, at least you felt with a special coming, there was going to be a confrontation of some sort between the gang and Frill to settle it all.

The special was so poorly written. Frill was barely mentioned, and when she was, is was only to show everyone that she had seemingly successfully tempted Neiru over to her side in exchange for becoming human in her last dream before she vanished.

The Koito wrap-up was absolutely atrocious. So the person that Ai was fighting to save from Episode 1 was just a lying, manipulative piece of shit that's indirectly caused the death of a previous teacher at another school, and been bribing Sawaki when she accidentally fell off the roof and died? Genius writing ...

Neiru was revealed to be an AI, but instead of her friends going back into Egg-World to help her, they just completely abandon her and move on with their lives before Ai has a change of heart years later? Terrible writing.

The original series gets a 7/10, and the special gets a 4/10.
xenosysAug 23, 2021 3:30 PM
Aug 29, 2021 12:00 PM

Jun 2017
I am probably in the minority but I think this episode was a better ending than the last episode of the season. Not that it was great or anything. 6/10 for both anime and OVA. It was promising at the start. Turned out to be a generic magical girl anime.
Sep 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2018
My priority.. Priority switches, hm..
Hm.. Ok.. So you want to say that people weren't brought back to life, but maybe clones were created by someone?.. Or it's parallel worlds after all?.. Maybe both?.. I'm not too sure in the end, if Koito and other, who they saved in the end.. If they are another copies, like Neiru is.. Or if they are from parallel world.. Or how they're returned to lives then.. Maybe something from this.. Maybe something else..
Also.. Ai in the end decided to throw the phone.. Not reconnect with Neiru.. Well.. Neiru ghosted her in the first place.. Also isn't an original person.. But.. I don't actually think that is why Ai decided not to enter this.. But why she decided not to do that?.. I'm not sure.. Her priority switched to herself, maybe?.. In the end, after all, everyone die.. Sooner or later.. But I also feel that a bit of motivation from Ai, why she did that.. Is a bit missing to me personally..
Well, she says she regrets a bit not picking phone.. So, I guess, she was also influenced by the emotions in the moment then.. Well, all these creatures were terrifying, she was scared, as well as hurt by Neiru ghosting her in the first place.. As well as there is also responsibility in front of mother as well.. So she kinda both could go and wouldn't go there.. I think.. That this aligns well with the other parts of the show.. Ai is the person, who committed suicide, after all.. Just in the other reality.. As well she is person who is at first didn't protect her egg, left her running alone.. So I think it goes in line with her personality.. In the end.. She changes her mind..
Overall.. Owari! ;P Once again - it was a great show.. It both managed to built its' world, somewhat a potential half mystical, half scientific explanation of the concepts of death, suicide.. As well as managed to show many people with all kinds of experiences, who decided to commit to such means.. It's a great show, not everyday I watch something like this.. ;P
Sep 13, 2021 9:36 PM
Apr 2012
Even if they make a second season I'm not watching it. Fool me once...
Sep 28, 2021 11:40 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, you could clearly see the people working on this Special just wanted to get over with this series.

Overall, a "Summary/Final Episode" that doesn't conclude shit and it even dares to add more plot-lines without addressing any of the questions from previous episodes. Unbelievable.
So, in the end:
-Koito was a bitch all along. Ai went through all this shit to save a semi-yandere bitch who destroys the lives of male teachers unless they let her get into their pants.
-Koito didn't even commit suicide. She just slipped and fell off the roof to her death because of... karma?
-Kotobuki somehow jumped between realities to "replace" her already dead version in Ai's world.
-Neiru is revealed to be a fucking AI just like Frill. Like... why?
-Apparently, Frill is so much of a brat that no one wants to deal with her so her entire story-line wasn't even touched. Warriors of Eros vs. Thanatos... excuse me, what?

1/10 - Probably, my biggest disappointment in 2021. CloverWorks sure became the anime projects murderer in Winter 2021, huh?
SouthRzVaSep 28, 2021 11:44 PM
Oct 4, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2021
LittleLucky said:
This is an awesome episode, but a TERRIBLE finale.
I fully agree with this, like I enjoyed the show thoroughly and commend them for exploring & showcasing several pressed themes but no matter how I try to see it, it is an incredibly inconclusive ending leaving us more confused than curious especially when there's no certainty of a second season, essentially ruining the overall viewer experience despite serving a promising piece, simply because of insufficient matter.
Oct 9, 2021 9:58 AM

Mar 2012
This is the worst ending I've ever seen. Literally not a SINGLE plot point was resolved.

Oct 11, 2021 2:04 AM

Apr 2019
This is the worst anime I've ever seen.
Oct 26, 2021 5:33 AM

Aug 2017
Except for the recap, it was decent conclusion. Finally, we know Koito wasn't a nice person at the end and the teacher was innocent all this time. I feel bad for Ai, she was fooled by her. So no S2? This is the end? Nooo :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2021 3:44 AM

Nov 2018
this special episode is basically just the 12th episode if we ignore the 8th episode (recap)
Nov 1, 2021 7:05 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah, nah. I'm usally the first one to defend experimental and confusing anime, but this climax wasn't it and they honestly should've ended the anime after the last episode.
It literally undoes everything the anime build up to (destroys the friendship between the main cast, doesn't deal with the antagonist at all and only reveals that the teacher wasn't evil - which was pretty obvious to begin with imo).
I'm just gonna ignore the existence of this special and pretend the anime ended with episode 12 (or 11, if we don't include the recap).

3/10
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 3, 2022 8:40 PM
May 2019
Best series of 2021. I hope it wins awards because it definitely deserves it.
Mar 2, 2022 1:37 PM
Nov 2019
they gave up, didn't they..
May 20, 2022 4:07 AM

Dec 2020
So yeah, finally watched this. The recap was good and the special episode was promising. That was a decent conclusion. I don't mind it.
7/10 for the entire series and this special.
Jul 14, 2022 6:13 AM
Jan 2020
how are you going to have 25 mins of recap for a 12 episode series like HUH 😭
Jul 24, 2022 11:36 PM
Jul 2020
Finally got around to watching this over a year later and it seems to me like they were trying to be allegorical with this ending but they completely missed the mark in making an entertaining and coherent conclusion from a storytelling perspective. Giving away prized possessions or pets is a big warning sign that a depressed person may be about to commit suicide and that's exactly what Neiru did by giving Ai her pet rat before disappearing and then Neiru distances herself from her friends. The scene at karaoke where Momoe makes it clear that she doesn't want to go to the Accas' place to look for Neiru because she doesn't want to get hurt is like when a person cuts off a suicidal depressed friend because dealing with it is too much of a strain on their own mental state. Neiru being an AI that wants to become human and becoming Frill's friend is a little confusing but judging by how Rika reacts by dissociating from Neiru it could be that Frill represents people having serious personality disorders and becoming human the desire to have a healthy mental state and perhaps Rika isn't able to deal with that. Ai getting frustrated with Neiru and not answering her phone when she calls presumably for something terrible to happen is also reminiscent of the kinds of situations a person might get in when they're friends with a person at high risk of suicide. This all leads to the ending scene where Ai having drifted away from her friends because of all the hurt interacting with a depressed friend caused decides to give being Neiru's friend another go.

This all makes enough sense as an allegory but from an entertainment perspective it's boring that there's no climactic scene, it's miserable watching these teens who've lost friends to suicide have to choose between potentially going through something similar again or running away from the situation and leaving their friend, and the conclusions to the parallel worlds and Frill subplots are somewhat nonsensical and aren't very conclusive at all.
Jul 28, 2022 6:52 AM

Jul 2021
The end? What the end? What was this episode I don't understand, where is the ending? Where is the conclusion?

And what was the use if the person they saved don't even fucking remember them tf. Neiru was an AI????? What is that parallel world shit, what was the need for Kotobuki to come back from another world, what purpose did it serve?

Everyone ended up drifting apart, why? Did Neiru die? I mean why was Ai looking for her in eggs? Why was she even welcome at that place after completing her misson?

That Koito backstory was horrifying, DID NOT expect that.

Why didn't Ai pick up Neiru's phone call? She first doesn't pick up her call then says she wants to see her??????

We didn't get any conclusion to Acca's stories, did they achieve the thing they wanted to for which they were doing this egg thing? Why did Acca's daughter kill herself? What happened with Frill?

This needs a Season 2 so bad, at least a movie, at least explain what the fuck happened, tie all the loose ends ffs.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Why is this episode considered worse than the others?

Lucifrost - Aug 20, 2023

11 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

17 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.