Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 14, 2017 9:57 PM
Aug 2017
When I watched the twelfth episode, I really enjoy it. But isn't like the final episode. The characters seem like so happy together, without any jealousy, debate etc. Yeah, until now I still wishing that Chiaki won't stop to get Amano.
At least I like this anime especially when the character is jealous when they saw Amano and Aguri together.
Sorry for my bad grammar
Dec 17, 2017 4:06 PM

May 2015
This anime in my opinion was a disappointment. Let me explain why… I expect this as a romance comedy about bunch of game, the game as in D-frag anime (the club competing in games events with others) it has gone from being some fun misinterpretations while trying to play games (first couple of chapters) by the way where are the two senpai from the Gamers Club???, to some odd ball forced triangle/square/ pentagon love rom-com, I just felt there were way to many misunderstandings happening with too little lovey-dovey moments between the established couples and that killed my enjoyment… for that I dropped my score…
Dec 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
So this episode was probably the most game-centric one that we have had since some of the earliest episodes. It was also very much a non-ending. I mean, I never expected things to be resolved in any meaningful way; but I did kind of expect there to be a bit more of a sense of things wrapping up for the season than there was. Ultimately, it kind of fit though because this show has been a weird one from the start. With a title like "Gamers!" you might imagine that the gaming element would have a bit more focus but it's clear that the relationships are the key point of the series. But these relationships aren't focused on romance so much as playing things up for laughs... which would be less of a problem if the comedy was actually consistently good.

I did slightly like this series, though. It didn't do as much as it could have to distinguish itself from the crowd of mediocre romantic comedies; but it still had some charm and some nice comedic moments. A "high" 5 or "low" 6 would be a fair grade here.
Dec 28, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
As the other's said the finale was just bad selection of events. (it doesn't feel like it)
Though the show as a whole was really enjoyable for me.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2017
So in the end he never actually knew that Chiaki was mono.
Dec 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
Ugh. I really REALLY enjoyed the anime when it was going all-throttle misunderstanding in episode 5-6. But in the end they threw precious Chiaki out of the window in the final episodes. I guess I should have expected it from the start but fuck it they made Chiaki so lovable and precious it's hard not to root for her.

Well, what did I expect. An incredibly dense and idiotic MC, the popular, smart, "beautiful" tsundere long-haired blondie, and an unpopular, meek, shy, but adorably precious, short and dark haired girl. Also the MC and the shy girl has a lot in common with each other, has known each other the longest and has a special connection with each other. And yet despite that, the blond, Miss Popular-and-Pretty Girl gets the MC while barely even trying.

I've seen this set-up time and time again... One of my biggest heartbreaks in anime and manga is witnessing this set-up happen to one of my favorite characters of all time (guess who and what series, shouldn't be too hard) and now that I finished Gamers it happened exactly like that all over again. I shouldn't have expected any different.

This setup, or something pretty close to it, happens waaaaaay too often to be called a coincidence. What the fuck. I understand that people have different tastes but I have yet to like any long-haired blonde that is almost always the "perfect" girl (to the in-universe people). Karen is a little more tamer than other tsunderes but it's still hard to like her and man long and blonde is just not my type. I almost always end up liking the meek short haired girl.

I guess the lesson here is be an attractive blonde bishoujo, and add a tsundere element to your character, and you'll get everything you want while barely even trying. All these authors and they all seem to want the same bullshit character that wins and make you love the other character so much so it becomes more painful when she loses. Well fuck them. Short and dark-haired girls are the best thing in the world.
Jan 1, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2016
What the fuck with this anime. Tch, just wasting my time. Fuck

3/10
Jan 9, 2018 2:01 AM

Mar 2017
Definitely in my "honorable mentions" of 2017
Jan 10, 2018 12:26 PM

Aug 2017
The ending feels like a filler. I don't like the series, the comedy is bad and nearly all the characters are annoying. Aguri is the only character worth of watching. The series should be remade as 'Lovers', it's just a clickbait. 1/5 for the episode. 3/10 for the anime and only for Aguri.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 15, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
gamers!?
more like scammers.
i want my 6h back!
Jan 21, 2018 7:12 AM
Nov 2016
watched this anime, first 3 episodes are great aside from the episodes where both relationships got tangled, however, story became boring at the end to the point that i got tired watching the last episode and was not able to finish it. I only have around 4 mins left but i got really bored with the story. I rated this with 6, could have be 7-8 if it has 10 episoded only.
Feb 8, 2018 2:31 PM

Oct 2015
This anime was lame as hell thank god I finished it. Characters were all obnoxious especially Amano, I didn't feel him as mc of the show. I wish to never see it again.

The plot was supposed to showcase gaming, instead I witness a joke of a school romance that made me cry with boredom. Oh god the MC, is lamer than MC hammers pants. He wasn't even good at games and his principles contradict each other( didn't know why the writer said Tendou fell in love with him or Chiaki). The series never gave me a valid lesson that will be left, instead I will f*cking forget it and its characters. The love triangle was mediocre and immature, can someone please kill the creator.

When I watch a series I need to be able to be left with something and why an MC is loved, but most of all no misleading or stupid plots.
Oh and ENJOYMENT!!

I must be blunt and say it didn't tick positively those categories, so I will lenient because I'm in a good mood and give it

4/10.
lihle808Feb 8, 2018 2:35 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 16, 2018 8:10 AM
Dec 2017
I really hated all the pretentious "wisdoms" from the main character, still enjoyed it tho.
Feb 24, 2018 2:56 AM
May 2014
Great conversation with conclusions about gamers and games at the same time. And they were.. right!

Show wasn't bad at all but in my opinion it could be better - I mean to focus more on the games.
However, I would definitely see the second season.
Feb 27, 2018 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
So, in short, this was just another typical rom-com with a flavor of gaming to it in a bid to be different....which undoubtedly is a major disappointment.

The few and far between references to different games was appreciated, but honestly, I really didn't need another forgettable title to put under the "completed" tab of my list.....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 27, 2018 8:47 PM
Aug 2017
Pretty fuckin boring. The only interesting character was Hoshinomori and maybe Keita, but only because he was somewhat relatable to basically everyone who watches anime (let's be honest). Never in a million years would the hottest girl in school like someone like Keita, but we just had to suspend our disbelief for that part I guess. Episode 12 wasn't even the real ending, episode 11 was, and up to the fucking end of the show, every character went back and forth between thinking if their partner was cheating on them, like what the fuck? I barely knew what was going on the entire time, because the make-believe love triangle of misunderstanding that was the plot of Gamers! was so hard to follow, and wasn't at all interesting. But whatever, I'm still a sucker for romance anime, and there were DEFINITELY enjoyable moments in this show. Too many video game analogies and puns tho. Like just stop.
Mar 13, 2018 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
Although last episode was clearly the concluding episode for the season, this was a nice episode, it had some funny moments. I especially loved the Prince of Tennis reference. All in all not a bad series, just too bland in every aspect.
Mar 21, 2018 8:52 AM

Aug 2015
The most boring episode of the show. I watch Gamers! because of idiotic characters and their ridiculous relationship problems, not for conversations about videogames/
Apr 2, 2018 12:08 AM
Mar 2018
Misunderstands to watch!? nah..... it was a good game for MC’s 👍🏽
Apr 2, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2018
So, the real ending is at episode 11. It looks like episode 12 is just after story. What disturb me is until the end, Amano didn't realize about Nobu and Mono is actually Chaiki, not Konoha. Damn it.

Episode 12 is the most "Gamers" of all episode. Love how they explain about DLC, hahahh !! EA must be sneezing while this episode aired back there.

I give it 7/10, the story is just good, no more. And Yess, we need another season. Chiaki didn't reveal her Nobu side properly. If that happen, i think the story will run more complex around Amano-Tendou
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Apr 15, 2018 10:15 AM
Apr 2018
the whole episode was wasted on Aguri criticizing games, Im a bit disappointed because i was hoping that the would finally get to talk about each other about what's been bugging them----you know what I mean... but i guess its OK! for me
Apr 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Aug 2016
Man this anime really pissed me off every episode, really didn't like all the misunderstandings.... Can't they just talk things out? Definetly not an anime for me. 4/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 22, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2008
Wanted a show about gamers, instead got a show about drama. The drama was sometimes entertaining. Last ep, "Let's just talk about DLC for 20 mins". It just sorta happened and then ended. 6/10 it passes as an anime I guess. Yup.
May 20, 2018 5:36 PM
Mar 2018
Just finished the series, but I'm confused now.

Where is the ENDING? They just talked about the economics of gaming and I'm not sure when the test will be, but am confident that I took enough notes to pass it...
Anyways, did I miss something or did they really just skip all the drama and love conflict afterall and skipped to an episode mostly fit for shows with 13 episodes? Plus all that blunt Fanservice out of the blue and turning Tendou into that sex-addict, even though she was thinking that her boyfriend was cheating on her a day before or so.
This show really had something nice going and I almost hoped for a nice decent love ending, but instead we get this? It's like the company that made it burned down after episode 11 and the creenwriters all fell into a coma and the only ones left were the cleaning-staff that then had to make the final episode out of the ashes. What a disappointment...
Aug 8, 2018 2:21 AM

Jun 2011
Was enjoying it until the misunderstanding got too overbearing, and was never cleared. I thought Aguri and Tasuku cleared up their misunderstanding, which was a nice scene.. but then they brought it back like 1 episode later, which felt like a slap in the face. The character concept is pretty good.

Disappointing work.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 20, 2018 1:15 AM
Aug 2018
I LOVE THIS ANIME AS IN SUPER CAUSE THIS ANIME ALSO GAVE A GOOD ADVICE AND ITS LIKE ALSO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE OF EVERY STUDENT I ENJOY IT A LOT SUPER 😢 ITS LIKE IM GONNA CRY THAT IT ENDS HERE I WISH NO...... I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS CREATE A SEASON 2 IM SO EXCITED THAT TIMES COME GOODLUCK AND HAVE A GOOD DAY 😊😊
Aug 27, 2018 3:09 AM
May 2009
Forums are back?

Final episode pretty much all just about the game industry and market.
Was interesting with bits of comedy.
Sep 22, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2012
Since the show seemed to tie up all loose ends last time, one might say that episode 12 was an add-on. Bonus content. Certainly, that hot springs scene would be worthwhile DLC ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

All in all, Gamers! really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I had relatively low expectations- especially as the misunderstandings started to snowball - but it was able to make good on its bizarre antics. And despite how wacky it could be on the surface, there was a treasure trove of special moments hidden throughout. I could really touch base with the characters' passion for gaming. I even found myself nodding along during their conversation this episode. It made me think of the various games I've regretted buying. The bad ones that I couldn't help but play to the end. The ones that have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. At the heart of this series was a true admiration for gaming as both a hobby as well as a passion. As Keita put it, it's one of the few mediums that allows you to get so emotionally attached. Though in my case, it's anime that resonates the most with me. Thus why I'm here.

7/10. Also Aguri is simply the best.
Oct 8, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2016
I like how this anime wasn't very cliché as the other rom-coms. There were many moments/aspects of it which made it unique, for example the "misunderstandings" concept which hasn't been implemented with such emphasis on a rom-com anime but this one really stood out and even the humor wasn't as repetitive too! The ending wasn't that great(episode 11) but I guess maybe the only way to stretch out the series for another season is to introduce new characters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dunno. Also Keita's analogy was impressive regarding why gamers buy high priced games which to a certain extent I myself as a fellow gamer can agree. Overall this was a fun show to watch and I wouldn't mind another season :D

8/10

Oct 10, 2018 5:08 AM
Oct 2018
NEED A SEASON 2!!!!!!!!! I WAITED ALMOST A YEAR FOR THAT
Oct 16, 2018 10:45 PM

Nov 2015
Turns out the Japanese don't like Skyrim or games like it LOL XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Nov 2, 2018 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
Episode 11 seemed like the real ending, please though let chiaki win at the end of the LN

overall 8/10 very enjoyable rom-com
Nov 11, 2018 6:36 AM

Nov 2016
fun series, tons of funnies here and there. kids (i consider high schoolers as kids) have some funny imaginations nowadays.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Apr 11, 2019 4:50 AM

Jun 2017
this was a pretty nice episode. pretty good series overall. hope for Season 2 :)
May 14, 2019 9:42 PM

Nov 2016
So this episode was basically a bonus with it being actually about games aside from the fanservice. I can't say I am not disappointed at the fact that we had no clearing of Chikai revealing herself as being Mono. I felt like Keita and Tendou could've had some more development heading into the ending of the season as well. I've given this 6/10, I did enjoy it for the most part.
Jul 23, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
That was an unusual high amount of fanservice, felt more like an OVA than like a last episode. Especially since they did not really resolve anything else, just a trip to the hot springs. Oh well, at least no drama.

Overall I really like this show, I think it's quite underrated on MAL. The characters are fun, just some episodes were a bit boring I think. But quite unique with all the misunderstandings but without people getting sad all the time. 7/10
Nov 5, 2019 2:50 AM

Sep 2013
Feel like someone made a mistake and accidently included the OVA as ep 12.
This series should have ended at 11. And the ending was pretty weak.
What was with the MC getting his foot stuck in the end? :/
Dec 23, 2019 4:18 PM
Dec 2019
Entertaining anime with an interesting plot. Enjoyable but felt like the ending was a bit weak. 7/10
Wouldn't mind a 2nd season though!
Dec 25, 2019 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
I guess they had to put a hot spring somewhere
Jan 16, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
take the last ep or two out and this could've been top tier
Jan 21, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2019
For an anime this fun I have to say - that last episode felt more like filler or the obligatory onsen-episode tbh.

Overall very fun series tho. Seeing how atm nobody wants to translate the last volume of the LN I guess I will never know, how it ends.
Sadness.

PS: As someone who really likes over the top reaction-pictures I got my fair share of them - esp. in this episode.
Apr 26, 2020 10:53 PM
Apr 2020
Nobody has posted on this for years, but if you’re seeing this comment, chances are you want to see comments if a season 2 is coming out. Sadly it isn’t, the studio doesn’t plan to make a S2, even til today. We all hope S2 will come out but I think the hype and anticipation is dying out, so the studio won’t have any motivation to make any more episodes.
May 24, 2020 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
Epiosde 11 was basically the last epiosde,

This epiosde hit too close to home lol with all the dlc talk
Jun 16, 2020 9:05 PM
Apr 2020
Eh, I don't watch a ton of anime so I didn't really come in expecting anything. It was a decent show overall and this episode I feel like really played into the "DLC" joke they were going for so it worked well.
Aug 4, 2020 7:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

Thats it, then! A very okay filler by letting the story of another supporting character into a nice last development of his. He had a sister-in-law to be protected. So, i don't have problem to leave it alone. Its just so well fitted!

About the picture, its time for another relaxation for the gangs of the gamers. Nice, attempt and plan there, Tendou. Its actually a fun-ride filler. A bit boring with the DLC explanations toward Aguri. I am not too maniac of the games so far, especially with the console one. So, that scenes were okay to me! Some sweet scenery appeared too. Its good as a continuations of sweetness in the previous episode. Still, had some pity over Chiaki's appearance. Like, you poor girl, just move on already! In the end, a complete and solid fanservices closed this filler with a very warm smile for me. Delicious! Welp, thats it. To really closed everything, i might be need some scores closurement of this one.

In the end, 8/10 is too good to be true. The last one kinda had less satisfaction for me. No kiss. No more nice romantic approaching beside happened in the previous one. So, with all the weaknesses, and this was truly not the real end, a 8/10 should be really really fitted for this kind of show. Thats it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 25, 2020 6:40 AM
Aug 2020
This series is pretty good but I and I mean me when I say this I don't like the sense of humor
Oct 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2012
Can't fight this feeling that final episode kinda went over alot of people's head.
Dec 10, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2012
i think the producers realized that there wasn't much ass and titties till the last episode
Jan 29, 2021 7:33 AM
Dec 2019
I hate the moral of this episode, they basically boot licking the game industry.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
May 2, 2021 12:31 PM

Aug 2020
This anime was very good. At first, I expected more about games, but there was a lot of romance and comedy going on. Still, I liked the plot. Tendou, Hoshinomori and Aguri are adorable. Uehara and Amano are good friends, and their chemistry gave us some funny moments. Episode 11 was a great way to finish the season, so I consider this episode as an extra. The explanation about the importance of games was enlightening, and the last scene was very funny. Gamers! is very underrated, I would happily watch a second season. The OP and ED are nice and catchy. Tendou was my favourite character, she's cute and is my waifu-type.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.