Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Nov 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
mike09102 said:
How many more episodes until we finally find out how Saitama got his strength?

You already did. 100 pushups...etc
Nov 17, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
mike09102 said:
How many more episodes until we finally find out how Saitama got his strength?

you will not see any more explanations over that in the anime
How he got, you already know. Why he got, well, that has to do with how OPM universe works.
I tryed to resume and explain it the best I could. It's not much but if you want to read it, go ahead:
Veldin461Nov 17, 2015 2:43 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
EPIC!
Nov 17, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2015
Hatsuuyuki said:
How is it possible not to have a single casualty after all those meteor parts crashed over the entire town lmao.

Plot armor so that Saitama can say the damage was minimized. In the end it doesn't really matter millions of people already died in the series and there will be more casualties in the future.
Nov 17, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
Saitama x Genos OTP

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 17, 2015 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
Genos man that's a cool kamehameha you got there

I was like oh no they're gonna crush Saitaima's spirit! and then I remembered he's a hero only for fun. Saitama FTW!

how can I be listening to the ending song right now when it's only a few seconds since I saw the opening? Time can't go by that fast. I must be tripping smh..
Nov 17, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, and no one died? That's either extreme luck or that every citizen is secretly Saitama. And they are all wearing wigs.

Dat bromance between Genos and Saitama :3
Also, Genos action scene are so freaking badass. He's that cliche constantly evolving MC, but completely over-the-top. He's awesome.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 18, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2015
The soundtrack in One Punch Man is some of the best music I've heard in anime!
Nov 18, 2015 1:12 AM
Nov 2015
Hatsuuyuki said:
How is it possible not to have a single casualty after all those meteor parts crashed over the entire town lmao.

imo, all citizen all ready moving far away from meteor landing site, but they still havent gone away from city Z, hence they can still see the meteor clearly from the sky. When Saitama punch the meteor, its losing the speed and impact power so the debris hit just around its landing site where all of the ciziten has gone from.
the 3 days later time skip, the citizen came back to check their house and stuff thats why no one died in that event.
Nov 18, 2015 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh, why the hell are people so easy to manipulate....At least he has Genos and that old guy that reminds me of Killua's grandpa lol.
Nov 18, 2015 3:48 AM

Nov 2015
nimaf said:

imo, all citizen all ready moving far away from meteor landing site, but they still havent gone away from city Z, hence they can still see the meteor clearly from the sky. When Saitama punch the meteor, its losing the speed and impact power so the debris hit just around its landing site where all of the ciziten has gone from.
the 3 days later time skip, the citizen came back to check their house and stuff thats why no one died in that event.

It was just plot armor and dumb luck that no one died. In the manga, the meteor pieces were falling like 3-5 meters away from the panicking civilians.
Nov 18, 2015 5:34 AM
Nov 2015
PiggyBancon said:
nimaf said:

It was just plot armor and dumb luck that no one died. In the manga, the meteor pieces were falling like 3-5 meters away from the panicking civilians.

i see. thanks for pointing that out bro.
Nov 18, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Oh god...next episode debuts Pri-Pri-Prisoner...WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T DROP THE SOAP! *shivers*
Nov 18, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2015
OST was dope and finally got to see Bang hopefully Garou appears.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2015 4:39 PM

Dec 2013
CrossfitJesus said:
OST was dope and finally got to see Bang hopefully Garou appears.

we will stopping at the end of the Boros arc so no Garou.
Nov 19, 2015 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
The awesomeness of this episode was out of this world.
Saitama is awesome, as usual. And Genos, omfg. He looked so darn hot *~*
There's not even a thing that I dislike about this episode. :)
Nov 19, 2015 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
Such a good episode :). Bang now recognizes Saitama's power. The riot scene with the two Tanktop was impressive, the reaction of Saitama was awesome.
Nov 19, 2015 9:35 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
A bit surprising Bang knows how powerful Saitama is. He somewhat reminds me of Zeno Zoldyck.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 19, 2015 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
RayAdha said:
A bit surprising Bang knows how powerful Saitama is. He somewhat reminds me of Zeno Zoldyck.

Well he just saw Saitama succeeding at something that 2 S-Class heroes failed at. It's obvious that he would estimate him as powerful.
Nov 19, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
Tlahuizcapante said:
Veldin461 said:

ugh... the adaptation was great. My problem was Saitama's voice acting in that scene and some transitions that just felt wrong to me

Before that his acting was on very good level. So, i suppose, this scene have some reasons to put up this tone of voice. For me, this tone of voice, that he put up in ep.7 reminded me of Tanaka Mayumi voice. Have some Luffy vibes.

I think people fail to realize that his reaction was childish like style "Shut up, don't piss me off!" type instead of really seriously angry. For some reason they expected a very serious angry voice but he was just throwing a tantrum to being accused really.
Nov 19, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Monad said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

Before that his acting was on very good level. So, i suppose, this scene have some reasons to put up this tone of voice. For me, this tone of voice, that he put up in ep.7 reminded me of Tanaka Mayumi voice. Have some Luffy vibes.

I think people fail to realize that his reaction was childish like style "Shut up, don't piss me off!" type instead of really seriously angry. For some reason they expected a very serious angry voice but he was just throwing a tantrum to being accused really.

so much this,i thought his voice was spot on
also it was way different cuz saitama really acted out of his usual character
Nov 19, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
Monad said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

"I think people fail to realize..." no, people didn't fail to realize anything. It just sounded terrible and that's it
Nov 19, 2015 1:38 PM

Feb 2011
^
there are two parts actually
the first: when he said he is an hero only for fun and not to get attention, that's where he should have been more serious
the second: when they called back him baldy, that was supposed to be childish, and it was

the lack in the acting was in the first part
or at least, that's how it felt in the manga, and it was more impactful, but whatever

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 19, 2015 6:20 PM
Oct 2012
PiggyBancon said:
Hatsuuyuki said:

Plot armor so that Saitama can say the damage was minimized. In the end it doesn't really matter millions of people already died in the series and there will be more casualties in the future.

Not really, most of the people had evacuated from the point of impact. The point was that had the meteor impacted it would have destroyed a much much larger area, so large that it would have still killed most of the people evacuated. Saitama reduced the radius of damage by enough that the evacuation was successful.

Now of course in reality lots of people would have stayed behind and so people would have died, but in general Saitama probably reduced the degree of devastation by a factor of a million.
Nov 19, 2015 8:32 PM

Nov 2009
PrimeX said:

I was like oh no they're gonna crush Saitaima's spirit! and then I remembered he's a hero only for fun. Saitama FTW!

Not really...

He only did it for fun at first, but he then started to want to become popular and have people know him, it's why he joined the Hero Association in the first place. (and why he was serious during the Hero Tests, else he'll just skim through it like it doesn't even matter if he's last)

You wouldn't join into an organization if you're only in it for Fun... only for Fun means you don't give a shit if people know you or not.

But Saitama WANTS people to know him. (if you're in it for rewards, it's not for fun anymore)

It's like someone playing a game for Fun. Versus someone playing a game for World Championship...

if you play for Fun, you wouldn't care if you were first or last, you just want to have Fun, and people across the world wouldn't know a thing about you because you don't promote yourself to them or head onto Media Reports (like Twitch).

while the person that's aiming for Rank would play seriously to be the best and have people all over the world know him/her. (like Twitch)
amlgNov 19, 2015 8:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 19, 2015 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
amlg said:
PrimeX said:

Not really...

He only did it for fun at first, but he then started to want to become popular and have people know him, it's why he joined the Hero Association in the first place. (and why he was serious during the Hero Tests, else he'll just skim through it like it doesn't even matter if he's last)

You wouldn't join into an organization if you're only in it for Fun... only for Fun means you don't give a shit if people know you or not.

But Saitama WANTS people to know him. (if you're in it for rewards, it's not for fun anymore)

It's like someone playing a game for Fun. Versus someone playing a game for World Championship...

if you play for Fun, you wouldn't care if you were first or last, you just want to have Fun, and people across the world wouldn't know a thing about you because you don't promote yourself to them or head onto Media Reports (like Twitch).

while the person that's aiming for Rank would play seriously to be the best and have people all over the world know him/her. (like Twitch)

Not quite right. It's more about him being frustrated. He doesn't care much about fame by itself, but the fact that all his work until now was either completely ignored or credited to others made him extremely frustrated. From what I saw it would be enough to him that he was known as "that guy who is a hero for fun".
Nov 20, 2015 3:56 AM

Jun 2010
Fucking loved this episode!!!
GOD DAMN IT ONE PUNCH MAN IS GOOOOOD
CANT EVEN CONVEY WITH WORDS OF JUSTICE HOW GOOD IT IS
YOU NEED TO SHOUT
POINT
EMOTIONS
THE PURENESS
ENERGIIIIIII
REALITY
YES!!
THIS. HERE. IS. LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFEEEE!!
I'd like to everything.
Nov 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2014
Saitama's speeches this espiodes were really good. The animation when Genos tried to blow out the metero was nice as well.

That metal knight was a prick though.
Nov 20, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
PiggyBancon said:

Not really, most of the people had evacuated from the point of impact. The point was that had the meteor impacted it would have destroyed a much much larger area, so large that it would have still killed most of the people evacuated. Saitama reduced the radius of damage by enough that the evacuation was successful.

Now of course in reality lots of people would have stayed behind and so people would have died, but in general Saitama probably reduced the degree of devastation by a factor of a million.

Except not all people are evacuated, some almost got hit by the meteor pieces. He just got lucky no one died. He was actually feeling guilty at first and almost resigned but when the 2 tanktop tried to crush him, his feeling of guilt changed to anger.

Nov 20, 2015 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
SchwingBoner said:

[center]
Even a meteor is no match for Saitama. RIP Meteor-kun

Badass punch is badass, the animation continues being 11/10
Nov 21, 2015 5:03 AM
Oct 2013
Only Saitama can explode a meteor with a punch and make sure that the pieces doesn't kill anyone. Supes be jealous
Nov 21, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
I'm in love with Saitama.
I want to be like him when I get young!
私はサイタマ様が大好きです。私は彼の雌犬です!
Nov 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Feb 2014
Epic Episode!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 21, 2015 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
ChevaSenpai said:
so much fuel for saitama/genos fanfics :s

meh... as long as it isn't YURI! FUKING YURI! i'm fine with it.
Nov 21, 2015 10:24 AM
Sep 2015
Lollo36 said:
It's time to stir up some shit:

OPM goes from making fun of superhero/animanga tropes, to abusing the shit out of them in the very next scene: at first, it cuts off the old guy's monologue about his powers by making Genos go away immediately (I thought it was parodying the usual clichè where people just stand around and talk even though there's an emergency to take care of), and then, it proceeds to play the same clichè completely straight, and it even adds the battle-shonen 30-seconds-turn-into-2-minutes trope. After that, there's this stupid comedic sketch about Genos pushing back the meteor, which is horribly out of place in a really serious scene like that one. Am I meant to care about what's happening or not? It's jarring.

The second half was even worse: I'm tired of seeing those throwaway characters who shout all their (cheesy) lines and clearly don't have a single chance of doing anything against Saitama (but the anime still shows him destroying them, ahhaha, so new, so unexpected). My brain just disconnects as soon as I see one of those guys show up on screen, and they take up a ridiculous amount of time with their generic copy-pasted dialogues.
The controversy surrounding Saitama is retarded: there were 3 S-class heroes who clearly saw what happened, and 2 of them look really honorable, why doesn't the association know exactly what happened with the meteor? How the hell do they collect information, if not by asking the heroes who were there? Why would they think that the S-class heroes played a big part in destroying the meteor?
The people who showed up at the scene with the Tank-top fodder were hilarious: why the fuck would you blame Saitama? It makes NO SENSE. Even if some retards were to start gossiping about him, the vast majority of people would worship him for saving their lives. Also, why does no one react when Genos shows up? Isn't he the 5th most popular hero? Didn't he just contribute to saving the city, 3 days earlier?
When Saitama snaps, his voice acting is teeeeeeerrible, it's hard to feel anything for him, even if the stupidity of the circumstances didn't already take the viewer out of the experience.

I thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to take this seriously, but then the episode ends with a supposedly emotional scene where the 2 MCs bond thanks to the previous events, lol.

too long lol didn't read
Nov 21, 2015 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Some really bad "heroes" here x)
Nov 21, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty cool moment with the meteor. But it's a shame Saitama has to live such a hard life :v
Nov 21, 2015 5:26 PM
Aug 2011
It seems, like Bang is missing an Arm xD
Or at least a part of it.

KreilonNov 21, 2015 5:30 PM
Nov 21, 2015 6:13 PM
Sep 2015
That meteor must have been freaking tough to endure the earth's atmosphere, tank metal knight missiles and shrug off genos arm cannon. Too bad it only took one punch lol
Nov 22, 2015 12:37 AM
Feb 2015
I actually like how Bang grabbed Genos and jumped away unlike in the manga where he blocked the meteor debris with his martial arts. It makes for a more dynamic sequence.

Saitama's voice acting was fine (???) I don't really see what the problem was.

I like how they reordered some of the events such and added the scene where Genos comes to collect Saitama.

Also the introduction of some of the heroes like Bang and Metal Knight might seem odd because we will probably not see them much more in the anime, they become really important later on in the story that the manga has yet to cover. If Madhouse is planning to do a second season later on it is fantastic that these characters are being introduced now, I'm looking at you Deadman Wonderland.
Nov 22, 2015 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
First episode I was outright bored by. Not really a fan of the serious tone that's coming along with the hero association's politics. I did like Saitama's reaction to the whining though and it brings up a good point - that people will always find reasons to be ungrateful.

And hey it's nice to see Zeno Zoldyck again.
Nov 22, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
5/5 Man One Punch Man is so great glad I started watching it :D
Nov 24, 2015 7:47 AM
Sep 2015
Bang one of my favourite heroes appears! As expected a freaking meteor can't stop Saitama
Nov 24, 2015 12:41 PM
Apr 2014
That end was actually kinda cool. Especially with the monologue of the old man. Kinda sad though that Genos stopped Saitama from continuing his discussion with the citizens. Really would have wanted it to go a bit further.

On a sidenote. Does anybody know when the OST will be released? I love the soundtrack that plays when Genos activates his prototype since Genos battle with Saitama...
NanashiNov 24, 2015 1:20 PM
Nov 24, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Lollo36 said:
It's time to stir up some shit:

OPM goes from making fun of superhero/animanga tropes, to abusing the shit out of them in the very next scene: at first, it cuts off the old guy's monologue about his powers by making Genos go away immediately (I thought it was parodying the usual clichè where people just stand around and talk even though there's an emergency to take care of), and then, it proceeds to play the same clichè completely straight, and it even adds the battle-shonen 30-seconds-turn-into-2-minutes trope. After that, there's this stupid comedic sketch about Genos pushing back the meteor, which is horribly out of place in a really serious scene like that one. Am I meant to care about what's happening or not? It's jarring.

The second half was even worse: I'm tired of seeing those throwaway characters who shout all their (cheesy) lines and clearly don't have a single chance of doing anything against Saitama (but the anime still shows him destroying them, ahhaha, so new, so unexpected). My brain just disconnects as soon as I see one of those guys show up on screen, and they take up a ridiculous amount of time with their generic copy-pasted dialogues.
The controversy surrounding Saitama is retarded: there were 3 S-class heroes who clearly saw what happened, and 2 of them look really honorable, why doesn't the association know exactly what happened with the meteor? How the hell do they collect information, if not by asking the heroes who were there? Why would they think that the S-class heroes played a big part in destroying the meteor?
The people who showed up at the scene with the Tank-top fodder were hilarious: why the fuck would you blame Saitama? It makes NO SENSE. Even if some retards were to start gossiping about him, the vast majority of people would worship him for saving their lives. Also, why does no one react when Genos shows up? Isn't he the 5th most popular hero? Didn't he just contribute to saving the city, 3 days earlier?
When Saitama snaps, his voice acting is teeeeeeerrible, it's hard to feel anything for him, even if the stupidity of the circumstances didn't already take the viewer out of the experience.

I thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to take this seriously, but then the episode ends with a supposedly emotional scene where the 2 MCs bond thanks to the previous events, lol.
The real question is: why was your brain connected to begin with?
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Nov 26, 2015 11:18 AM
Jun 2014
Is there a name for the OST where Saitama punches through the meteor/at the end where Saitama and Genos walk home (they sound like the same OST but just two different versions I guess, the latter being a more calm/orchestral/etc one)?
Nov 27, 2015 10:28 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, I'm really starting to love this show
and Saitama=Batman? lol
Nov 30, 2015 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
WOO BANG IS HERE!!! And Suspicious Metal Knight who is always testing new Weapons...but for what I wonder.

Nice Work Genos...let your Master Take care Rest...XD Oh...Entire City took Damage...well that is better than Certain and Complete Destruction.

SAITAMA IS TRUE HERO!!! No matter the Crisis!! HE IS ALWAYS HELPING!!!! That is way of the True Hero!!

Oh...Great...what this stupid Idiot who lost Sonic Want...Tank-top loser...oh wait...it was Tiger.
Wait...These Assholes....>.< Beat Crap out of them Saitama.
ah..finally...One punch and these assholes will be down....I will love this. Crush those Hypocrites!!!

...Saitama..you are Greatest...who gives a F**k about ungrateful people

JarjaxleDec 8, 2015 5:48 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 2, 2015 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
the meteor destroyed the city anyway omg it was so funny XD
Dec 9, 2015 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
my favorite part was Genos equipping arms mode

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

988 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 16, 11:44 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Truth4Lies - Oct 11, 2015

476 by Jiborjas »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM

Poll: » should one punch man be called battle seinen?

deg - May 16

24 by phantom346 »»
May 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

338 by FedeMetal »»
May 20, 6:30 PM

» serious question

z0idberger - May 5

45 by RickyHunt »»
May 20, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.