Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 19, 2013 11:22 PM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
Mmmmm

Hawt *_*
Jul 20, 2013 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
meh slightly better than last ep... where the fuck is the excitement I had from the last series?! 3/5 ... if

gtfo hanekawa, neko is 100% more interesting
Jul 20, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2013
lanfire said:
meh slightly better than last ep... where the fuck is the excitement I had from the last series?! 3/5 ... if

Patience, it soon really, REAALLY will come. You'll see the excitement by episode 5 or 6.
Jul 20, 2013 11:09 AM

Jun 2013
mugimugi said:
6 would be the first episode of Kabukimonogatari.

That's quite the point. Ehehehehehe....
Jul 20, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2010
Oh my.. That shower scene..

*ehem* Senjougahara's poses and lines are always amusing..

And that character interaction in the end.. From food then to serious business.. Pretty good stuff..
StormViruzJul 20, 2013 11:58 AM
Jul 20, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
That shower scene might of been the highlight of the episode.
Jul 20, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
Grouchio said:
lanfire said:

Patience, it soon really, REAALLY will come. You'll see the excitement by episode 5 or 6.

It's so hard
Jul 21, 2013 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
Ah, each and every episode of the whole Monogatari series is such a visual treat. I'm not even talking about the quirky shower fanservice in this episode or in other episodes. It's just a real feast for my eyes... and I'm not having it any other way.

The heck was that music in the shower... It greatly added to the awkward wackiness of the two of them performing "skinship" in the shower. It's impressive how Hitagi chose to interact with Black Hanekawa so nonchalantly, even going so far as to endure getting her energy drained for a handshake (her energy which I think has improved a lot from when she got her emotions and weight back is also showing here).

This is the second episode where we've had nary a word from our usual protagonist Koyomi. Seems things might be really, really serious if he can't even show up for two episodes... though I'm not complaining, and seeing the two friends/love rivals Hitagi and Tsubasa interact so much without a trace of expected shuraba is already a treat in itself.
Jul 21, 2013 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
Grouchio said:
Hmm. I'm hearing reports that shows like Gatchaman Crowds, Silver Spoon and Uchouten Kakozu are also being called Anime of the season by many others. How shall we compete? Superior ratings and viewings?

Kingdom 2 is an awesome series that probably will be better except if Monogatari is as good as Bakemonogatari. Is actually quite epic.
Watashi Ga Motenai is also very good.
Gatchama seem like bullshit to me.
Jul 21, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2011
Strangely, Hanekawa and Senjougahara living under the same roof proves to be very interesting indeed. Their conversation about food was riveting.
Jul 21, 2013 8:17 PM

May 2011
Oh god dat shower scene was just wonderful. Looks like they were having some serious fun in there.

Loving the girls talk that Senjougahara and Hanekawa are having. And they were both so cute during that quiz session.
ZeroZxJul 21, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 22, 2013 6:20 AM

Apr 2009
Dude, I'm totally Hanekawa with regards to that end convo.. the food and accepting anything...
Jul 22, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
Delicious yuri is VERY delicious.

Thanks for the meal!
Jul 23, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
Senjougahara, please grow your hair back out
Jul 24, 2013 2:43 AM

Jul 2012
gswelcome said:

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for Final Season

and even in final season I don't think her hair can be as long as in Bakemonogatari
Jul 26, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
“You just…accept anything and everything.”

“Do you really like Araragi?”

The way Hanekawa likes everything and hate nothing make me wonder if she really love Koyomi?

Also Black Hanekawa looks really cute/sexy with short hair.

Wonder why Senjougahara didn't get effected by the energy drain,I guess it's cause she doesn't cause Hanekawa any stress.
Jul 28, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2010
Bathing scene was a must see!
Depicting Hanekawa's personality with Food Flavoring was very interesting
Aug 14, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, that shower scene.... I'm not sure what to say, but it was erotic :)
Also, Black Hanekawa has been spotted in this episode, I love it when she appears, and Senjougahara's expressions crack me up
Aug 24, 2013 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
honestly...i actually can go an entire series of just Senjougahara and Hanekawa girl talk
Aug 25, 2013 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
dannymilk said:
honestly...i actually can go an entire series of just Senjougahara and Hanekawa girl talk

me too. I like it
Araragi is not needed, since all girls in this series are interesting enough
Sep 29, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Wow pretty much half an episode about food. Damn and I have nothing in the fridge or cupboard!
Oct 10, 2013 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
pikeman1 said:
gswelcome said:

and even in final season I don't think her hair can be as long as in Bakemonogatari

Wait....HER HAIR DOES GROW BACK?!?

Yaaaaaaaaay~
Oct 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
Grouchio said:
Wait....HER HAIR DOES GROW BACK?!?

Yaaaaaaaaay~

of course her hair grows, more or less, it depends on time, but I don't think it'll be as long as hers in Bakemonogatari
from Nise to Koi is just about 6 months and her hair is not even shoulder-length, to Tsukimonogatari (1st book in Final Season) I think it's about 1 year, it would not be much longer, I suppose
Nov 27, 2013 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Stark700 said:

Beautiful.

Who is that behind the bad guy? XD

Well! Talks between women! Episode flowing nicely, it seems that the story is rich, almost saturated events to engage one's attention, but in the cold by analyzing the episode, the plot progresses very slowly and things seen there are very few. The thing that always manages to not disappoint, as they are the dialogues to Nisio, to get to the point that walking around so long as to seem off topic! * _ *
Drawings and animations scarce.
Curious to know what hides Hitagi to Hanekawa on speech where lodge it * _ *
Jan 4, 2014 5:14 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ Shower scene
Too deep... But it's true, in psychological side

pikeman1 said:
dannymilk said:

me too. I like it

Aw, don't say like that
Without him, his harem won't be there xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 18, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2012
Nice episode and boy this anime sure has a great pace! Well let's see what's next but I sure like where this is going!
Jan 19, 2014 10:26 PM

Apr 2012
pikeman1 said:
dannymilk said:

me too. I like it

He ties everything together... I couldn't imagine the Monogatari series without our loveable perverted protagonist.
Feb 1, 2014 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
dannymilk said:
I feel the opposite.. this needs to change
Feb 1, 2014 2:19 AM

Mar 2010
PrimeX said:
dannymilk said:

I'm sorry to say this but this season contains a lot of conversations rather than actions. You have been warned.
Feb 1, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
yukaru00 said:
PrimeX said:
dannymilk said:

I'm sorry to say this but this season contains a lot of conversations rather than actions. You have been warned.
I was actually talking about the girls talk.. and trust me after watching bakemonogatari, nisemono and neko I know pretty well that this series is all 95% talk....
Feb 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
First half was meh, second half was interesting....the only thing that bothers me is Araragi seems to be playing a side character in this arc, I also heard he's not really present during the Hitagi arc that much either...kinda sucks considering those two girls are the romance interests....nevertheless, I'm still satisfied.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 15, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
man ship that shiet
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 25, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
“You just…accept anything and everything.”

“Do you really like Araragi?”

The way Hanekawa likes everything and hate nothing make me wonder if she really love Koyomi?

Also Black Hanekawa looks really cute/sexy with short hair.

Wonder why Senjougahara didn't get effected by the energy drain,I guess it's cause she doesn't cause Hanekawa any stress.

why did you think she didnt get effected?
Mar 27, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
Black Hanekawa finally appear. That tiger, I wonder what she's up to and what the neko have against him. When she asked him to stop attacking her, she implies that he's the one that the burned the house I guess.

That hot shower scene xD
Senjougahara can be so creepy.

We learned that Hanekawa say good morning to her Roomba :O

Senjougahara word at the end were harsh, but spot on again. If I remember correctly, it's pretty similar to what Araragi once said. I want to know what she answered after that »:O
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 24, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
Hahaa, the food analogy was ingenious!!

>> people who don't like dressing exist (O_O) <<

Senjougahara shines with awesomeness like always.
Jun 2, 2014 4:51 AM

Mar 2014
Yuri much !! hitagixtsubasa!!!
The bath has so much light !! damn!!
Hitagi and tsubasa chit-chats!!
Black Hanekawa is back!!
Hitagi is a cosplayer !! (and have a father complex lol!!)
Woah .. you guys really love araragi that you guys got bored quickly if its not araragi talking!!..
Well.. honestly it also got me quite bored too because of all this Girl-talk on the episodes.
but its part of the series . its part of the season. so.. I will endure boredom for this!!
Still that ending again .. She always love koyomi you know.. and she can't deny it but hide it.
Good episode!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2014 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed the topics that they discussed stemming from the food Hanekawa made and how it effectively connected back to the question of Hanekawa's relationship with Araragi.
Jul 17, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2012
That shower scene, wtf
Sep 6, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
pikeman1 said:
gswelcome said:

So... it will be more monogatari series?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 9, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2014
Eh... It kind of lost me when they started talking about salad dressing and eating habits.
Mar 7, 2015 6:25 AM

May 2014
Black Hanekawa is back!

I can't wait to see what's Araragi (most likely together with Shinobu) up to :D
Mar 19, 2015 11:46 PM

May 2014
Wow, what a great episode! That was a massive deal of development between Senjougahara and Hanekawa. Really like seeing Hanekawa almost pushed out of her comfort zone and having to behave in a different way than she normally does.

Either way, great discussions in this one.
Mar 28, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
Starting to love black hanekawa more and more let's just hope she doesn't get "put down" again .
Apr 6, 2015 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
When I look again.. yeap they look beautiful with short hair as well.
Hanekawa neko appearance was good. Glad to see her back in action. Nyann~
These girls sure can spend the whole day talking about anything at all.
Wow that last question was harsh. Hitagi is awesome.
May 30, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
Senjougahara was cracking me up with the food questions.
Aug 3, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
I can't believe I never noticed how stilted all the conversations in this show are.

1/5
Aug 5, 2015 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
Surprised the shower scene was behind those two, i've seen online several times and always assumed it was Kanbaru and someone else, pls give me Kanbaru yuri.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 16, 2015 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
The Cat Returns...Goddangit. Ep 2.

Plot: Senjougahara and Hanekawa have a good time by themselves. The Cat returns and tries to confront the Tiger Oddity that she believes is what caused the Fire to Hanekawa's home. THe TIger reveals that the fact that Hanekawa noticed it was the key. Considering the past interactions of humans and Oddities, that was obvious.

CHaracter: I still don't like the Cat.

Hanekawa...to just accept things...definitely not good. To have likes, dislikes, loves, and hates. The extra seasoning on a character is how they react and perceive things around them. People, places, and things. To just accept for what they are but to have no clear feelings on them...can you even say that you can love?

There are things that you never just accept as they are. Ever.

Senjougahara: thank you for pointing this out. I was distracted by the food a bit too much and got hungry but you figuring it out from that was a stroke of genius.

Animation/sound: It is a dang good coincidence that Hanekawa's body is strengthened whenever the Cat is around cause all that crap woulda sucked to wake up to. The TIger is still terrifying as all heck.

4/5. A major improvement on the first ep and that callback to the end of ep 1 was great.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 1, 2015 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, dat shower scene, have to say that was something very enojayble to watch, great fanservice! :)
And their sleeping in one bed too. I bet Senjougahara is somehow envious of her body.
But it was also great way to show their mutual (more than) friendship.

Hmm, and interesting things going on with Black Hanekawa and Tiger, I really wonder what he is after.
But I'm even more curious about what Senjougahara did to relieve her stress. She wasn't sleeping next to her in the morning and 3 chapters were skipped - is she maybe afraid of her somehow now? Or rather, was she really tired because she watched her all the night to change back?

And their food talk during breakfast was just marvellous. They were literally acting as disillusioned couple :D Nice how Senjougahara realized Hanekawa and cat are actually the same person.
And it was even better when she realized Hanekawa has nothing she dislikes (well, that's not wholly true when we remember her parents and her being jealous for example, but well).
Now I really hope what Senjougahara said doesn't means Hanekawa's love is just delusion. Cause I still favor her the most.
But maybe this is the right way how to break her out of her shell to actually feel for herself.

This arc is easily the greatest possible with two best heroines in it.
Mich666Oct 1, 2015 1:51 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.