Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 4, 2010 1:54 AM

Mar 2010
The two people Mikado talked to on chat when he made Dollars were Izaya and Celty?!?!?! whoooooooa
Animestuffs-1.png
Sep 12, 2010 12:05 AM
Oct 18, 2010 1:43 PM

Jun 2009
For everyone like francismeunie, I think morals are definitely not something you should use as a guiding compass for this show. Almost all the characters are more than a little off kilter.

So, Celty may or may not be a Valkyrie? If so that could possibly make her even more awesome a character than she already is. On a side note, my favorite scenes were the ones at the end with her on the bike and also the Mikado confession dialogue was expertly handled.

Izaya with the head was awesome, it also seems to point out where this series is going in the future.

At this point I have absolute faith in Durarara. Why shouldn't I?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2010 2:46 AM
Jun 2008
Great episode - Mikado has an awesome poker face. Selty and Shinra are my OTP <333
Dec 29, 2010 8:30 AM

Jun 2009
So, basically, to put it the rougher way, we just got trolled. The Mika-has-Celty’s-head possibility was there to fool everyone into believing it and bringing there the huge twist we had in this episode. If I didn’t love Durarara!! before, I would love it now endlessly.

Mika and Seiji are both psychos, they’re perfect for each other, two mentally ill teenagers.

Erika and Walker imitating Miria’s “Suugoooii~!” was hilarious.

Shinra x Celty’s moments were really cute; even though I still think Shinra’s love is pretty selfish and that he’s hiding other things… In the end they love each other, anyway.

I loved the break time in the roof with Mikado/Anri/Kida. Sawashiro Miyuki’s narration is always lovely.

Izaya left me speechless there. His monologue put a new goal in the story, just when everything felt as it was closing off, with Celty’s head, the Valhala tale and all. Seems like everyone in Ikebukuro does things out of boredom.

I’m going to miss the OP. The ED not so much, only the animation.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jan 1, 2011 5:18 PM

Sep 2008
... I think Seiji and Harima make a good couple. Um, sure, it's sweet that Harima has gone through so much to be with Seiji... But she still falls in the "super creepy stalker" category for me. And Seiji might as well be Celty's head's stalker, so he's just the same (only... ten times worse, since he's unnecessarily violent and actually disgusting, especially in the way that he still had an appetite after brutally killing a girl).

It was nice finally seeing Shinra and Celty "together" for real. And nice to see Celty feeling "free". :)

Wonder where things will go from here~~?
Feb 1, 2011 9:51 PM

Mar 2010
A great episode with a really twisted ending. Just the way I like it. (^.^) Izaya is one sly, tricky bastard. This is shaping up to be a piece of work. Looking forward to the next!
Feb 9, 2011 12:15 PM

Dec 2010
Crazy episode, it had a lot of revelations
Mar 22, 2011 5:57 PM
Dec 2008
liked the shinra and Celty parts.

And Izaya really is planning everything.
Mar 25, 2011 1:41 AM

May 2010
My thoughts from previous ep about Celty's head was right but didn't expect that it was still Harima.

Didn't see that plastic surgery coming. O.o

The romance is in the air. lol

ShinraXCelty, MikaXSeiji and MikadoXAnri. <3

Izaya is plotting something interesting. I wonder what will it be.
Apr 7, 2011 6:43 AM

Feb 2011
Lol, Izaya reminded me of Hamlet in the end with the head and everything.
Apr 28, 2011 5:42 PM
Apr 2011
Ugh....well none of that went how I would have liked it to. And seriously, they just let Seiji live? Screw that crap. But whatever....*sighs*...I wonder how the rest of the series will go now.
Jun 2, 2011 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
Wow this episode was very interesting, damn Izaya is just pulling the strings lol pretty cool but very twisted as well. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next
Jun 12, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2010
i feel like izaya and our hero are gonna be the "kings" for the fnal battle, ofcourse it wont be a physical one, so it will probably be a kira vs L kind of fight

Jun 28, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2010
xoSushi said:
The romance between Celty anad Shinra is so cute!!!

This
Some_Lost_Melody said:
The two people Mikado talked to on chat when he made Dollars were Izaya and Celty?!?!?! whoooooooa

And this lol i'm i the only one that noticed that Izaya was an online trap? (He appeared as that girl Kanra)

Damn i've been deceived again..so it was Mika's head all along but with plastic surgery?? that ain't fair :(

Izaya..what exactly are you planning?
Jun 28, 2011 7:04 PM

Nov 2009
IZAYA MARRY MEEEEE

are we finally getting to Saika???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2011 8:07 AM

May 2010
I had really high expectations for this anime but it's kinda mediocre so far. I'll give it more eps though. And yeah, Izaya's freaking awesome. Shinra and Celty are my OTP right now.:P
Paix672Jul 8, 2011 8:12 AM
Jul 14, 2011 6:51 AM
Jul 2010
Oh, great. I definitely love Izaya now. Anyway, I wasn't expecting this twist. Last episode was great but the revelation of that being Celty's head didn't caught me by surprise since I suspected it all along since they addressed the fact that Celty was after her head. What I didn't expect was for the head not to be her head. Which makes a whole lot more sense than a dead body suddenly regaining life but still took me totally by surprise. Mika may be kinda creepy but I actually like her. I still hate Seiji though. His attitude pisses me off. That guy makes me sick.
Aug 2, 2011 9:14 PM
Apr 2011
I'm just plain in love with this show now. I might actually consider giving it a full 10.

And Seiji... eh. Annoying, shows how stupid "love" can be, but to be honest, he's realistic. So far, every character thus far is pretty interesting. Mikado being the starter of Dollars = surprise. Fooled well. Izaya's a freaking troll, and... yeah. Awesome characters. And the plot. So crazy and intricate. And only halfway through the anime.

If I love it all through the anime, I'll get the light novels if they've been translated. :3
Aug 8, 2011 11:06 PM

Feb 2011
Dang Selty is so popular w/o body or w/o head. o.O
Feb 4, 2012 11:24 PM

Mar 2011
There were some awesome twists this episode.

Norse mythology FTW!!!
Feb 15, 2012 2:24 PM
Jun 2011
one word, wow!
Mar 29, 2012 10:35 AM
Jul 2011
"That punch was a kiss to celebrate our marriage."
-Shinra<2
*punch*
Shinra is just adorable sometimes=3
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Apr 24, 2012 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, I like what I'm seeing.
Jun 18, 2012 4:41 PM

May 2010
I went "Aww" when he said that Celty looked better when she wasn't hiding her face with the helmet. I thought that was sweet.

Izaya is so delicously creepy. He gives me the chills, but it makes him a good character.
Aug 14, 2012 12:07 AM

Jun 2008
Rail_Tracer said:
Usami-Haru said:

It seems that next week Durarara! won't be airing, because there's an Ookiku Furikabutte one-hour special~ (On MBS at least).

Fuck Ookiku Furikabutte. Durarara is WAY better then that sports shit.

They are both good. -_- It's already happening so no point in cursing it... at least for shows.

This episode was great! I love the romance that's occurring. :)
HEY!
Aug 30, 2012 7:59 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Last episode i can hear this awesome opening/ending. Hope it sounds good.
Izaya and selty is great.
Kinda understanting what's going on.
5/5
Oct 7, 2012 9:52 AM

May 2012
Quite a decent story in this episode let's see what's next!
Nov 6, 2012 2:01 PM

Feb 2011

Still a better love story than Twilight
Dec 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
That was an amazing episode, and it serves as a pretty good transition from this half of the anime to the next half.
Dec 23, 2012 6:41 PM
Dec 2012
Twisted! Full of surprise
Jan 18, 2013 4:07 AM

Nov 2012
Great wrap up episode and the show isn't even finished yet!
Didn't expect so many plottwists. 10/10
Jan 26, 2013 1:45 AM

Nov 2012
Never thought this show could actually have a psychological vibe to it. Damn, Shinra.
Mar 17, 2013 8:57 PM
Feb 2013
I can't believe Shinra omitted to tell Celty about her head all this time. I can't believe Celty forgave him so easily for his lies. The normal thing to do would've been for her to interrogate Shinra on everything he knew about the location of her head (though he probably knows nothing more than that it's at Yagiri Pharmaceuticals), leave him and permanently move out. A betrayal on that scale shouldn't have been forgiven so easily.

I liked most of this episode, but the writing for Celty's characterization seems to have gone out the window in favour of an easy reconciliation between Celty and Shinra.
Apr 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
WELL HARIMA ISNT DEAD
and izaya has celty's head
Apr 23, 2013 2:39 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, just wow
Izaya is the mastermind of... whatever, maybe evil&good

All mystery solved...
Proceed to the new arc I guess?
"Signature removed"
Jun 9, 2013 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Izaya...man he is twisted. Damn what am I saying, they are all twisted!
Jun 21, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2012
Good end to the first arc!

Wow, didn't expect Mikado to be Dollar's founder o.o And stupid Izaya started all this shit LOL That's expected at least. Anyway, glad Celty is happy with her current life.
Jun 22, 2013 8:32 PM
Jun 2013
Shinra aye soo keen to get laid by keeping Celty's head a secret; what a loser. Looks like Izaya helped promote the dollars & he was behind Celtys' head the whole time, sneaky bastard! can't wait for next ep 8.4/10
Jul 1, 2013 4:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Of course Izaya was behind it all...how did I not think of it? But wow, I feel trolled. I guess despite the anime having some supernatural things doesn't mean that things like head transplants will work. That girl is a crazy stalker, sneaking into Seiji's house. Wtf? And Seiji, what an idiot, not realizing that his love is not really his love, it's just Harima with plastic surgery that looks like Celty's head.
Jul 9, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
Izaya seems to have connections with everyone. If it weren't for him I'd be able to understand the plot so much better, but I guess that's what makes Drrr so great!
Jul 23, 2013 2:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mikado might have created the Dollars, but it's Izaya who makes the world spin round. I almost felt like Durarara could have ended right here. I hope the second half can keep the story going.

Can anyone tell me if Anry has any redeeming features besides a nice big rack? I don't know why Mikado wastes his time on her. There's plenty of good looking girls who are worth more of his time in Ikebukuro.

IZAAAYAAAA!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 25, 2013 8:03 AM
Mar 2013
I couldn't agree with you more.I figured that Izaya was behind the mayhem one way or another.It was a great suprise that Mikado had a hand in the creation of the Dollars gang!~Love it! i just love the way the arc finished.it answered all the pertinent questions,confirmed or refuted my theories with lots of little spikes and surprises along the way, which is all we can really ask for.
And i get what you mean about Anry,but i have to say that for me, i'm glad Mikado likes her,Because she isn't the best looking etc.her rack is just an added bonus for looking past the exterior in a place like Ikebukuro! the leads are alway after the most most beautiful etc, it shows his character.
Sep 6, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2010
The episode itself was really awesome, but at one point I thought that things are gonna get boring from now on. BUT NO! It seems like the real shit is just about to start. If Mikado has the guts to start it that is.

Anyway, Izaiya truly meets my expectations, and they weren't set low at all.
Sep 11, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2012
Shinra is as pathetic as Seiji and Mika. You disappoint me Celty. If you need someone to hug, go and hug Shizuo...

greendaze said:

I liked most of this episode, but the writing for Celty's characterization seems to have gone out the window in favour of an easy reconciliation between Celty and Shinra.
Sep 28, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
haha damn, so I guess the three people in the Dollars chat were Mikado, Izaya, and Celty. Very interesting.
Oct 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Nov 2012
wow tragic truth behind that stalker :3
hmm and when izaya having that head :3 damn what an ending of awesome episode :3
lol I wonder if kida will join dollars in the future :3
Nov 20, 2013 10:27 PM
Mar 2013
Shinra x Selty my OTP so far ^_^

Also, that Izaya guy sure loves to talk huh? He never shuts up xD
Dec 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Aug 2011
Climatic episode!! Wow... who would have thought Ryuugamine a.k.a Tanako; that was a mind blowing revelation. It seems Izaya was on to him though. As far as the stalker chick and Seiji, good riddance, they are both quacks and they deserve each other. Not only is he not in love with you, but he attempted to kill you too. Wake up and smell the coffee, girl, it's called a narrow escape.
Dec 29, 2013 10:34 AM

Aug 2013
It seem like I was wrong in my post form the last episode. The main plot start here I guess and Izaya will be the mastermind behind it. I always have liked the Norse mythology, I'm excited about this.

That was an unexpected entry from Harima, I didn't expect her to be alive, but I guess it's more logical (even if logic in that anime doesn't really apply).

It was funny to see Kida getting rejected by Anri! xD
She'll surely go out eventually with Mikado.

Shinra and Celty are going out officialy? I'm not sure if I understood that she accepted his love.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Feb 25, 2010

299 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 22, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

300 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.