Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 8, 2020 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
It's getting more complicated yet again. I'm really starting to dislike this anime. Ruka is being serious (sometimes a little too much) about their relationship. kazuya should know this and really tell his grandma,instead of telling her that Ruka is a liar. Grandma is making it even more difficult for them to tell the truth and she is absolutly obsessed with Chizuru. Does she even consider that an actual break up could happen...? If she likes Chizuru so much she should marry or adopt her or something. I'm really hoping these lies will stop soon enough, if not I might drop this anime and give it a bad rating.
The OP is still amazing tho.
Sep 8, 2020 4:07 PM

Aug 2018
Ruka is 189 dumb high IQ megamind in this show rn hahaha
Sep 8, 2020 9:41 PM

Jun 2020
I want to like Ruka, but she is literally doing herself literally no favors by being this way. Honestly, it is so frustrating having to see her be so possessive as well as pushy about an MC who is a total loser. I hope that her character improves soon, because I really do want to like her character. Especially because I thought her backstory was fairly interesting to say the least. Too bad she has a smooth brain right now.
Have a great day!

Sep 9, 2020 12:17 AM

May 2015
Ruka is such a good girl, even after douchebag mc told grandma she's a pathological liar, she couldn't tell her his grandson is dating a rental girlfriend.
Sep 9, 2020 2:09 AM
Nov 2019
Great,the one that's not lying is known as a liar, fuck this sh*t im done
Sep 9, 2020 10:17 AM
Apr 2017
Cleanse my brain with bleach. This shit was painful to watch.
Sep 9, 2020 10:29 AM
Apr 2020
I couldn't stop laughing when they were all making excuses of ruka being a friend and rukela just came out and said i am his girlfriend😂😂.

I think people need to chill out on this show. Why are they taking it so seriously. All the show need to do is deliver on the story and comedy. And they are doing it so well. The tension created between both the protaganist are palpable. And thr comedy is too op.
Sep 9, 2020 11:17 AM
Sep 2019
Ruka sooooo ANNOYING.
Just leave them alone.
Sep 9, 2020 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
NewYearSameMe said:
Marinate1016 said:
People really out here stanning Chizuru like Ruka don’t exist lol. https://imgur.com/a/lvwbkBp

I know this show isn’t supposed to be taken seriously or anything but man I can’t help but being frustrated at how stupid this all is in terms of this situation with the grandmother. Toxic all around.

Bruh, she is so clingy, how can you still stand...

I
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE
RUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE HER!? SHE IS SO ANNOYING?

- Kazuya likes to jerk off but doesn't horny to Ruka and tries to run away from Ruka who is so hot and beautiful, is MC a fagot?

It's pretty obvious he can't stand being with her; it doesn't matter if she is pretty; if you hate someone, they won't be able to turn you on.

And who can blame him? She is selfish as fuk, doesn't care about anyone ELSE'S feelings but her own, and blackmails people she claims to "love" only to get what SHE wants.

What a bitch?

She has a shit personality. I wouldn't even TALK to someone who acts like this!
ChiibiSep 9, 2020 12:53 PM

Sep 9, 2020 9:17 PM

Jan 2019
Sudden storms are headed our MC's way indeed.

But once again, the power of cute gran gran triumphs
Sep 10, 2020 1:21 AM
May 2016
Alex796 said:
Naabii- said:
How beta could you be to refuse a 10/10 girl offering her *things*.
The series would just end here, omg the MC is pathetic af.
Yeah, that's one of the lamest things I ever saw in anime. He should've scored with Ruka regardless of his feelings to Chizuru.
When a girl offers herself to you and you're not committed to anyone else, you never refuse! Even if you have it for someone else. You smash, and move along.

The same applies to girls. When a boy offers himself to you and you're not committed to anyone else, you never refuse! Even if you have it for someone else.
So if Chizuru will have sex with other guy, even if she has it for Kazuya, by your logic you will be ok if she moves along with Kazuya later.
As a girl It's nice to see such progressive mentality from guys here. I'm learning a lot.
Sep 10, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2018
oof. The cringe levels of this show were already high, but they skyrocketed in this episode. I wanna drop it, but this close to the end i'll keep watching cause i have nothing better to do :/
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 10, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2008
this is an entertaining mess!
i really thought Ruka-chan would resort on being dirty like telling the truth about Chizuru being a rent-a-gal to Kazuya's granma...
5/5.

Sep 12, 2020 5:21 AM

May 2018
Pathological Liar. Lmao what a pathetic excuse
Sep 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Mar 2009
Yes, granny, that is the problem. You love Chizuru a little too much, especially based on the bath scene. Grandma's such an awful character.
Sep 14, 2020 10:52 PM
Feb 2018
CesarMagnan said:

It is funny how people think of Kazuya as a real gentleman for not taking advantage of Ruka, but trying his best with Chizuru by stalking her and masturbating with her image and his ex. Yeah a total gentleman that keeps getting the attention of all girls in more unrealistic situations with unrealistic results.

Totally realistic 10/10 best anime and MC of all time an example for the posteriority. And totally not another generic MC from a generic harem. XD

Exactly, the problem isn't either the extreme of "You must always smash, given the opportunity, no matter the circumstances, or you are a beta." or the other extreme of "You can only have sex with someone if you are both %150 sure that you are each other's ONE for all time!"

The problem in this harem anime, like so many others, is that it's all false chivalry that wouldn't happen quite this way in RL. Sure, it's arguably wrong to jump in and out of sexual relationships with sincere people just for fun and convenience (something that some guys AND gals do sometimes), but in the age of Tinder and the third date often being the Sex Date, it's not realistic to expect people to be celibate until they find someone they are %1000 sure about and are engaged for life to either.

Dating is part of getting to know each other, along with growing intimacy. It's not this false choice between sordid sex fiending, and lifelong commitment based on having been childhood friends turned lovers or whatever that anime presents in its stories.

Notice how harem MCs get mocked for being virgins, yet the requirements for losing their virginity with only that one perfect someone are set so impossibly and improbably high that it's hard to imagine them ever hooking up? It's at least a bit contradictory, and I think the conflict lies in the space between modern real dating and traditional Japanese storytelling values.

Only a few generations ago, if that, the average rural Japanese person was expected to "cutely" end up marrying someone by arrangement between families, and it could indeed often be with someone they knew as a kid. Virginity and purity, meanwhile, was actually highly prized as part of one's value, especially for females, and so we see the residue of that kind of story in anime today, where all the damn characters are virgins no matter what, even in a college setting.

I have read more down to earth manga from Japan that are a bit more realistic in their depiction of a modern Japanese college setting, that don't even bother with the virginity requirement and treat sex relatively casually in the story. It's only in Cartoon Land where you see this endless weird runaround of the eternal virgin harem MC, who always finds a reason not to confess, hook up, or ever, ever, have sex.

By this time in the industry though, it's not even really about being a gentleman, or a pure lady anymore, it's about satisfying those old tropes, and also keeping the endless soap opera going while we all play guess who so and so will end up with, and selling a few more manga issues.
MetalsludgeSep 14, 2020 11:25 PM
Sep 14, 2020 11:37 PM
Feb 2018
Mormegil said:
Yes, granny, that is the problem. You love Chizuru a little too much, especially based on the bath scene. Grandma's such an awful character.

I do kind of dislike granny. Being SO loud and disappointed about her grandson not being a Don Juan...at only age 19 or so no less, just cause she wants grand kids was a bit of a turnoff from the start. Kazuya may be trash, for now, but everyone develops at their own pace. Expecting him to be engaged and everything before age 21 was a bit silly anyways. She seems more judgmental than patient and understanding about a relative's love life.

Hell, pressure crap like that may have made Kazuya's development worse. Someone with a healthier perspective would have brushed off someone like Mami and moved on to begin with, avoiding this whole mess. Instead, he thinks his failure of everyone plus granny is such a huge big deal that he got fixated. I notice his father just assumed the absolute worst of him a bit readily as well. Mmmm...
Sep 15, 2020 12:19 AM
Sep 2008
The Granma is only there because the author didn't find other way to force the relation between Chizuru and Kazuya.

In an awful intent to feel pitty on the MC that tries to have a relationship to make his granma happy.

PD: It's interesting how the more analysis this anime recieves the more flaws on the author storyline pops up.
CesarMagnanSep 15, 2020 12:27 AM
Sep 15, 2020 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
I can't remember the last time I literally LOL'd watching an anime, but when Ruka kept repeating she was his girlfriend I laughed my ass off. As much of a complete piece of trash the MC is, this setting leads to some entertaining scenarios.
uh oh!
Sep 16, 2020 4:53 AM
Dec 2018
Not sure what the writers are trying to achieve here.

Main character is still an asshole, the situation with grandma is just a poor excuse to keep the gag going and Chizuru keeps getting herself back into the situation with ridiculously dumb decisions. Rule is too good for that moron, but far too pushy, and had a chance to end it and, all of a sudden, isnt pushy. The way he trashed her to his gran was just unforgivable really.
Sep 18, 2020 1:47 AM
Mar 2018
ruka confirmed biggest chad in the series.
Sep 18, 2020 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
Mormegil said:

So MC's grandma is bisexual? Or was it a joke in the context of her obsession with Chizuru because of her ideality ?
Sep 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2017
Well at least Ruka knows that Kazuya's grandmother really treats Chizuru like one of the family. It was quite an entertaining episode with the excuses being made hahaha.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 19, 2020 8:16 PM

Mar 2009
Metalsludge said:
Mormegil said:

I do kind of dislike granny. Being SO loud and disappointed about her grandson not being a Don Juan...at only age 19 or so no less, just cause she wants grand kids was a bit of a turnoff from the start. Kazuya may be trash, for now, but everyone develops at their own pace. Expecting him to be engaged and everything before age 21 was a bit silly anyways. She seems more judgmental than patient and understanding about a relative's love life.

Hell, pressure crap like that may have made Kazuya's development worse. Someone with a healthier perspective would have brushed off someone like Mami and moved on to begin with, avoiding this whole mess. Instead, he thinks his failure of everyone plus granny is such a huge big deal that he got fixated. I notice his father just assumed the absolute worst of him a bit readily as well. Mmmm...

Pretty much. I'm not a big fan of Kazuya, but granny is completely overbearing.

@RobertBobert

No idea. Probably just your typical anime bathing scene with girls, except in this case one is MUCH older. She's definitely obsessed with her though.
Sep 19, 2020 11:28 PM

Apr 2012
@Mormegil Well, I'm not sure about the original line or the English translation, but in Russian she said "I fell in love with a young girl."
Sep 26, 2020 8:21 PM

Mar 2016
Glad that Kazuya explained everything to Ruka, but ofc, it didn't come without Kazuya thinking up of something lewd like the horny guy he is.

OK, You don't have to fucking tell your grandmother yet another big fucking lie you fucking dickhead. Can you not just talk with a straight face and just come clean, the more time passes, the more disappointed his family would be to find out that he has either broken up with Chizuru or have just said that she is not his real gf after all.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Tell her Ruka! Tell Chizuru!
Chizuru has always seemed to look down on Ruka as the immature young girl, but when it comes to argument, especially regarding their titles and relationship with Kazuya, Ruka wins. She has a really strong argument against Chizuru and she brought her down by exposing the fact that Chizuru actually does love Kazuya after all.

Sep 30, 2020 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
I think the worst part about all this Ruka shit (besides the creepiness of Kazuya "dating" a high school student) is how unnecessary it is. Like is his own stupidity and Mami's machinations not enough drama already. And we're gonna throw in another girl in the 11th hour of the season too.

Ruka herself isn't terrible (way too clingy but I guess that's not unnatural for teenage girls with their first "love") but her story has been conveyed very poorly so far.
Oct 21, 2020 4:50 PM

Dec 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I think the worst part about all this Ruka shit (besides the creepiness of Kazuya "dating" a high school student) is how unnecessary it is. Like is his own stupidity and Mami's machinations not enough drama already. And we're gonna throw in another girl in the 11th hour of the season too.

Ruka herself isn't terrible (way too clingy but I guess that's not unnatural for teenage girls with their first "love") but her story has been conveyed very poorly so far.

What creepines are you talking about dude, i don't know how old Ruka is but she is still in high school, not kindergarden.

That aside, she does have a point, she has the reasoning highground; too bad Grandma is all in into Chizuru, and it was enough to stop her. I kinda wouldn't have blamed her if she would have spilled the beans but i guess it would have been rude. I really like her enthusiasm, and in normal circumstances she would have won the love triangle straight away.

About the grandma being a "bad character" per se i can't agree, she is not putting much pressure directly, she just wants to see his grandson happily settled with a nice girl, it was just Kazuya that had to fuck it all up at the beginning. I' m personally used to being openly berated by my father and i can't bring myself to compare them, they almost feel like they are played for laughs. Her being basically obsessed with Chizuru, obviosly that's not a good thing, but to me it all falls in the realm of possibility, she is not at fault, her desire to see her grandson with a nice girl is not a big time wish, and for that i can't bring myself to blame her.
flo7Oct 21, 2020 4:54 PM
Oct 21, 2020 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
flo7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

What creepines are you talking about dude, i don't know how old Ruka is but she is still in high school, not kindergarden.

A guy in his early to mid 20s entering into a relationship with someone who is 16/17 years old at most is creepy even if it might technically be legal
Oct 21, 2020 5:00 PM

Dec 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
flo7 said:

A guy in his early to mid 20s entering into a relationship with someone who is 16/17 years old at most is creepy even if it might technically be legal

Not. (and it is clearly stated that he is 20 y.o.)

Anyway, i would also like to add that i really liked Ruka so far, she really felt like a "strong contender", sadly for her i guess KazuyaxChizuru is a thing set in stone. Not that i mind, i think she is the best girl, it's the drama that i fundamentally dislike.
Oct 25, 2020 1:29 AM

Aug 2020
Interesting episode. Ruka is being too bold, as usual, but she does have some good points. Like making Kazuya realize he can't keep up these lies till they're both old and grey, as rental girlfriend Chizuru can't give him a future. And when Ruka is talking with Chizuru in the bathroom, she rightfully calls her out for the lies and making the situation more complicated by adding more and more lies.

If Chizuru really wants to end this complicated situation, why from the first moment grandma sees her, she puts on the "perfect future daughter in law" act? Instead she could have been a little more reserved, then grandma would have asked what's wrong, and Chizuru could have put up a story about having second thoughts about dating Kazuya. Grandma would understand, because she knows he's not great with the ladies, and accepted them breaking up. Instead her act makes grandma like Chizuru even more, also after the lie about Ruka being a pathological liar, and grandma starting to think Chizuru is such an angel for letting Ruka be her friend while having to put up with the 'lies'. Chizuru clearly says one thing, but does another.

Ruka checking Kazuya's phone was wrong, but she didn't have much of a choice, since Chizuru and Kazuya keep doing things behind her back all the time. They first had that meeting in the restaurant, then after the "talk" in the love hotel, Kazuya plans another day with Chizuru, for New Year. Even for a trial relationship, that's cheating.

It's probably a good thing that Ruka didn't tell Kazuya's grandma the truth, but for a moment thinks over her actions, and decides to take it more slowly. Although knowing her, and how most characters in this story forget their good intentions very soon after thinking about these, she's bound to make new mistakes in the near future. But at least she's being honest about her feelings and intentions, unlike most other main characters.
Dec 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
If you look up "hopeless virgin" in the dictionary there's just a picture of Kazuya, yet he still has two girls in love with him.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
Ruka is the only fucking character that makes. I feel so bad for her having to deal with two complete idiots. I was so happy when she told to everyone she was Kazuya’s girlfriend BUT NOT, THEY HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING. END THE LIES ALREADY OMG
Just tell your grandmothers you broke up and THAT’s IT
Dec 20, 2020 1:39 PM
Dec 2020
What happened to Mami? She disappeared and I didn't notice until after this episode when I saw her during the opening..
Mar 8, 2021 2:56 PM

Feb 2021
ruka-chan just doesn't know when to give up eh?
Mar 25, 2021 7:49 AM
Mar 2016
I wish that Chizuru would just at LEAST be friends with Kazuya. She is the one clearly making this worse, always charging him to simply exist where ever he does, really?
Mar 31, 2021 2:58 PM

Mar 2019
I was actually expecting Ruka to tell her the truth, just say it already Kazuya. And also Ruka can be so cute sometimes, but it's still dumb to love someone just because your heart beat increased that time. And I'm confused now, does Chizuru like him or not?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 2, 2021 5:44 AM

Jun 2015
Alex_TheForest said:
I was actually expecting Ruka to tell her the truth, just say it already Kazuya. And also Ruka can be so cute sometimes, but it's still dumb to love someone just because your heart beat increased that time. And I'm confused now, does Chizuru like him or not?

I'm also confused about their relationship. Look like the more they date, the more Chizuru going to like him but she just doesn't want to admit it.
And Kazuya too afraid to tell her the truth because he doesn't want to be rejected.
At the end, other girls will be hurt the most.
Apr 13, 2021 4:42 AM
Apr 2021
elzbach said:
ruka please i was begging you to just end this all

I want to punch her. She is so annoying.
Apr 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Jul 2009
Still have to give Ruka for not giving up. Even though she's forceful, at least she's true and honest to her feelings. She just needs to dial back a little.

Can't say the same with Chizuru or even that dumb Kazuya.

Also, shame how Ruka was introduced like that. That's such a scumbag move from Kazuya and first impressions matter a lot in Asian countries, especially in Japan.

Still, got to hand to Ruka. Though, I would rather have her find someone else than the trash that is Kazuya.

I feel She will get a short end of the stick as we get to move on with new girls in the future.
Jun 8, 2021 6:39 AM
Jun 2020
wtf wrong with this fucking guy he's a moron just an idiot lame if this ruka girl love thiis fucking idiot so why the hell are you lying and keep wasting your money .

you need to die kazuya die
Jul 25, 2021 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
Every time Kazuya speaks, it gets worse and worse. Calling Ruka a "pathological liar"? Completely reeks of hypocrisy.

Have they gotten past the point of no return? Breaking up with Chizuru means banishment from the family. So telling the whole truth, that the relationship was fake to begin with, is the only salvation now?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 30, 2021 4:56 AM
May 2021
This is so annoying. I'll just read the manga.
Jan 18, 2022 4:17 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
AND HERE WE GO! The final piece to the stereotypical ecchi harem main male character. Freaking the FUCK out when a girl makes sexual advances. And this is Rito from To Love Ru level freaking out. What a spineless, gutless, dick-less little BITCH! Well boys, time to drop this turd. He was barely tolerable up until now. Now watching this is as bad as watching animal crush fetish videos - no thanks.
Jun 20, 2022 2:21 PM

May 2021
I am actually impressed he got a part-time job. Good for him. Better buy the girlfriend with your OWN money rather than your parents'.

Jun 28, 2022 11:28 AM

Jul 2021
LOL feels bad for Ruka, here she is trying hard to actually become a real girlfriend but Kazuya keeps shoving her away, I mean both Ruka and Kazuya have their own reaons for thier actions, can't balme either of them for it. But gotta say, it's gonna take a lot to replace Chizuru from grandma's heart or maybe I think it's just impossible, she's grown too attached to Chizuru. The way this is going one would hope that Kazuya and Chizuru actually get together but well that's just impossible.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 4, 2022 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
I can't believe he rented Chizuru again... and even took a part-time job so she can siphon money from him. Poor Ruka, everything she sad this episode was absolutely correct. She had the misfortune to fall for that spineless coward. And if Chizuru is actually in love with him, but still takes his money for dates, then she's a greedy bitch.
Aug 11, 2022 12:58 AM
May 2022
bruh this dude kazuya is so cringe
Jan 31, 2023 11:17 AM
Jan 2023
Adorei, o drama é muito bom, sem palavras para descrever esse anime, parabéns
Feb 18, 2023 8:14 AM

Nov 2010
00:47 Aww, man! That's an ouchie after feeling so special. Been there, done that!
01:33 Facepalm! Well, that's to be expected since there's a 2nd & 3rd season coming. He's meant to f*ck up a lot until the story finally concludes itself someday.
As much as I love Chizuru, Ruka is the sanest character in this show. What she's doing makes sense, and she's right that Chizuru & Kazuya are over-complicating things. If they end the lie now, their families will understand for sure. However, it's too bad Kazuya has zero feelings for her, and the show must go on! Regardless, Chizuru FTW!
At least Kazuya knows what he wants. He's so hellbent on Chizuru to the point of refusing a gift from the heavens. I'm impressed!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

50 by Kyubey89 »»
Jun 10, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

338 by santiagoasa »»
Jun 9, 8:41 PM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

80 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.