Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, Ruka is persistent but I don't blame her for being aggressive this episode. Kauzya is a fool constantly trying to back off from everything.

This Ruka/Mizuhara/Kazuya angle is getting more and more complicated tbh. Ruka's practically acting like his wife.
Sep 4, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2018
I thought that the black (hard to say) was a condom, it turned out to be just a stocking.

After all, Ruka is just curious about the relationship between Kazuya and Chizuru. Is it necessary to talk about it at the love hotel? I wonder if there is a cafe or something in KanoKari, Looks like the paper really materialized, I mean jealousy.

After hearing that do you still want to reveal it to Oba-sama, Ruka? Thanks for the Smile's hotel.

Sep 4, 2020 11:20 AM
Jun 2020
1st: where are y'all watching the episode as far as I'm concerned I went on crunchyroll and it's not even there which means that all the pirated sites shouldn't have them either and when I checked I couldn't find it.

Second: how do you right a review on the episode 9 minutes after it comes out. The episode is usually 20-23 minutes long and comes out at 10 am at least on crunchyroll maybe there is some other source that I've never heard about.
Sep 4, 2020 11:41 AM
May 2019
I remember the Love Hotel episode being racier in the manga.

And Ruka is as dumb as Kazuya. Lots of opportunities to end all lies, and this just continues at the status quo. Cue in Seinfeld music.
Sep 4, 2020 11:55 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
Good episode didn't actually think ruka would just say she is his girlfriend in front of everyone>.

I will give her this she got balls.

Also, an iron will is required. Best face from this ep.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 4, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
People really out here stanning Chizuru like Ruka don’t exist lol. https://imgur.com/a/lvwbkBp

I know this show isn’t supposed to be taken seriously or anything but man I can’t help but being frustrated at how stupid this all is in terms of this situation with the grandmother. Toxic all around.
Sep 4, 2020 12:10 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It was cute seeing Kazuya's reaction at using Chizuru's gift. Ruka though really loves her leaps thats for sure. That image of a old Kazuya and Chizuru still together as a fake couple sure was fun. Still Ruka sure is pretty direct with her desires. Ruka's crashing of the meeting though sure created quite the complex situation for all parties involved. The talk between Ruka and Gran at the shrine though sure proved interesting as it showed well just how much the latter liked Chizuru not just as a potential granddaughter but also as a friend as well. Looks like Ruka's settling in for a drawn out battle with Chizuru though. Overall a fun ep that did well to show the intensifying battle between Ruka and Chizuru for Kazuya's heart. Curious though on when Sumi will appear given that the series is almost at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Ruka really is an assertive person.

With three episodes left, there is still no Sumi.

Sep 4, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Ruka, that really scummy how she was treated. But she was a part of the problem. She forced herself on thier shrine visit. In the other hand Kazuya had a perfect opportunity to say the truth. But he don't really want to. And Chizuru don't know what she want too.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 4, 2020 12:43 PM

Jul 2020
Marinate1016 said:
People really out here stanning Chizuru like Ruka don’t exist lol. https://imgur.com/a/lvwbkBp

I know this show isn’t supposed to be taken seriously or anything but man I can’t help but being frustrated at how stupid this all is in terms of this situation with the grandmother. Toxic all around.

Bruh, she is so clingy, how can you still stand...

Eh, ngl, Kazuya had a chance to smash her, but whatever. It is always good to see Grandma in an episode...
Sep 4, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:

Ikr? I keep hating on this Kazuya dude ever since the show started for roping these poor girls into such an unintentional scheme and for how much of a pussy he is, but I guess there's not much I can say considering what kind of a situation he is in right now. I mean they're no angels either but dayum, I can't believe how aggressive Yuigaha- I mean Ruka was this episode...

I hope Kazuya somehow finds redemption by the end of the series.
Sep 4, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2020
Ruka is kind of freaky
Sep 4, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao so when does Sumi get introduced, we have just 3 eps left

On a side note, this might not be the best anime this season, but it's definitely the one I'm enjoying the most, even more than Re:Zero which is a big thing
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 4, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
ugh these episodes are getting more and more annoying. this show just keeps adding on more and more conflicts making this 20 times more complicated than it needs to be.

I really thought kazuya was getting some growth and turning into less of a pussy, but he's back to the way he was before smh. >:(

I honestly like Ruka's aggressiveness, she could've ended it all by just telling the grandma tho.

3 more episodes left and still no sumi :( I hope she at least appears for 2 episodes.

Sep 4, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2017
Bloody hell... Kuzuya's grandma should just date Mizuhara!

Ruka is right in everything she's saying but she's going about this all wrong. The more she tries to force herself on Kuzuya, the less he's gonna like her and she needs to stop making these asshole moves were she just baits everyone out!
Sep 4, 2020 1:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Ruka she deserves better than being insulted of a pathological liar by Kazuya just to cover the truth about Mizuhara...Ruka best girl (and lol RIP Sumi at this point)
Sep 4, 2020 1:32 PM

Jan 2018
How beta could you be to refuse a 10/10 girl offering her *things*.
The series would just end here, omg the MC is pathetic af.
Sep 4, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2016
In this series all the characters are annoying in their own way xD
Sep 4, 2020 2:08 PM

Jan 2017
Very entertaining and fun episode, I love to see Ruka more on screen and the episodes are not so focused on the character of Mizuhara.

It makes me feel a little bit sad when Ruka tries to be loved but the Kazuya does not realize the wonderful Kanojo that he has in front of him. ;_;

Still waiting for Sumi ^^
Sep 4, 2020 2:15 PM
Jul 2020
Damn I acc liked this episode, all cuz of Ruka. We got sum rlly good tension with what happened. The only thing that pissed me off was the poor track placement in the episode like 90 percent of the time.
Sep 4, 2020 2:16 PM

Feb 2020
all these lies are really getting out of hand now..

damn, the preview - does this mean someone else will find out mizuhara is a rental?
Sep 4, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
I mean Ruka practically forced him to date her, but Kazuya's half-assed manner will definitely end up hurting her. He should just tell her he can't be with her, trial period or not- because she's trying her best and she did have a point in this episode.

Like, there's no reason for this shoehorned love triangle other than unnecessary drama. If a third girl is added into the mix, it's gonna get even more frustrating and annoying.
Sep 4, 2020 2:20 PM

May 2020
Ruka is very persistent, and to a certain point, really pushy, but she's right about the whole Kazuya-Chizuru thing, it's wrong that they continued in such a relationship for so long, also, that's basically a result of Kazuya being incompetent and always telling lies that dig them deeper and deeper, can't he be honest and tell his family already?
By the way, only 3 episodes left, still no Sumi.
Sep 4, 2020 2:34 PM

Sep 2015
Ruka need to just stop. She is right on what they need to do but wrong in how she is trying to get it done. To stop the facade and I guess introduce the "real girlfriend" they can easily do it. The solution is pretty simple.

1) Mizuhara gets less and less involved. Give this phase about a month. This makes it less weird for when they break up.

2) Tell their grandmas they broke up. Without step 1, this would be weird if a lovey dovey couple suddenly breaks up.

3) Give a couple months at least before introducing Ruka. or... not if Kazuya don' like her

Problem here is that Ruka and Kazuya are too dumb and keeps burning each other's bridges by lying. Instead of falling back on a more reasonable lie, they go for the most outrageous stuff.
The "problem" of upsetting grandma is a non-issue. Mizuhara and Kazuya made it a bigger problem than it needed to be. He was alone before and while disappointed, she was fine as is without Mizuhara. Yes breaking the bad news would hurt her, but only temporarily.
The longer the lie goes on the more fond grandma is of Mizuhara and the greater the pain when it falls through.

The ultimate problem here is that do Kazuya really want to 'break up with Mizuhara' and do Mizuhara want to hand him over to Ruka. but even then it could be solved.
They break up, and if the two truly like each other, they can get back together. Officially. It isn't unheard of for couples to break up and get back together anyways. No one would be suspicious nor upset that it happened. Maybe the grandparents are sad for a little while but hardly world ending. By their age, they experienced far sadder things in life.

Additionally Mizuhara doesn't have to be cut completely from grandma's life. They can still be 'friends' and visit. Grandma might even be more accepting since it wasn't those dramatic horrible break ups but a mutual agreement to end Mizuhara and Kazuya's relationship.

But Mizuhara and Kazuya lack any backbone and decisiveness. While Ruka and Kazuya have the IQ in the single digits.
zcv45Sep 4, 2020 2:39 PM
Sep 4, 2020 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
Ruka borderline ruining the anime for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2019
what i get in this episode
- Kazuya acts like a elementary school kids, not being honest when Chizuru goes straight to the point and asks whether he loves chizuru
hes actually made the situation even more complicated, like a fckin kid does he realize he's already in college and mature?
- Kazuya likes to jerk off but doesn't horny to Ruka and tries to run away from Ruka who is so hot and beautiful, is MC a fagot?
- Kazuya and Chizuru are still going out together for business, even though their grandmother doesn't know they are going out together
- ruka is very good and smart in approaching kazuya's grandmother, I became more respectful to ruka
- Kazuya's grandmother is very annoying
- Kazuya's grandmother makes Ruka hurt by praising Chizuru and Ruka realizes that Kazuya's grandmother only likes Chizuru and always Chizzuru rather than his own grandchild.
- Ruka didn't give up and got stronger

Ruka simply the best girl in this series
Even though with the presence of ruka it is very possible for Kazuya to be honest, and tells his grandmother that he has nothing with Chizuru. instead Kazuya became more more acted like an asshole, just like his grandmother and his family. an asshole family

Poor Ruka
I began to understand why many people hate this anime
1/5

fachauliaSep 4, 2020 3:00 PM
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 4, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2013
Ruka is fucking stupid to put herself in this situation. Kazuya is a horrible, trashy person, and she wants to hang around him because she thinks he will treat her well and will eventually fall inlove with her, but he isn't even attempting to give her a honest, actual try. All he does is try to simp for Mizuhara and complicate everything all the time.

The idiocy in the character interactions alongside the repetitive "I am only doing this for your grandmother" or "we can't tell her now" is getting annoying. None of the characters feel real, everyone, including Kazuya, understands how much of a horrible person he really is, yet, for some dumb reason, Ruka actually wants him, Mizuhara is also interested in him, and the entire show is a cringefest.

Sigh... I wish we'd have some more suffering scenes for Kazuya so atleast seeing him suffer would be a bit enjoyable...
ArmadosSep 4, 2020 3:11 PM
Sep 4, 2020 3:18 PM
Aug 2010
Kanojo Ocringemasu Episode 9 completed - watch time under 4 minutes.
is this like some fast food irl? u consume it even though u know its shit? feels like it so far, the most fast forwarded series in my life, but still trying to hook anything from the story, so far, the only thing iv hooked from the story is cringe and the terribly huge amount of lies... disgusting
Sep 4, 2020 3:39 PM
Nov 2017
Naabii- said:
How beta could you be to refuse a 10/10 girl offering her *things*.
The series would just end here, omg the MC is pathetic af.

He is only pathetic for keep giving her a change when he likes other person.
If he doesn't like her he should not let her do those stuff. Ofc he allow it because we need a story but if this was real life he would be a scumbag. Most of the decent guys will refuse her *things*.
Sep 4, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2018
both times ive seen this happen, manga and anime, it amazes me how far kazuya can claim he is “ doing the gf thing for his grandma “ and how he wants to end the lie, just to continue digging himself in a hole deeper and deeper. Its annoying how he always says that he will eventually end the lie and call it “complicated” to ruka, even though it really isnt.
Sep 4, 2020 3:54 PM

Jun 2017
Daaamn, Sumi will really get two eps max?? Since she is nowhere in the PV for next week. :(

Regarding this episode, I already forgot Ruka tried to stir some serious shit at some point. xD
Sep 4, 2020 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
As an anime only watcher, I am now solidly pro-Ruka. Yes, she is clingy and overstepping her boundaries from time to time, but her arguments are extremely solid. Maybe Chizuru likes Kazuya, maybe she doesn't, but as a rental girlfriend, Chizuru is absolutely stepping outside her boundaries. Both Kazuya and Chizuru are 100% at fault for the mess they are in right now.

Also, I'm not sure why Kazuya wouldn't take up Ruka as his girlfriend. By this point, Kazuya must have spent so much money on Chizuru just to keep up an image of having a fake girlfriend.

With all that being said, where is the 4th and last girl? Will she even appear this season?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 4, 2020 4:23 PM

Dec 2017
Ruka best girl so far!

- Kanojo desu
- Kanojo desu
- Kanojo desu
YozoraMiyazakiSep 4, 2020 6:39 PM
I enjoy lightskyblue

Sep 4, 2020 4:35 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I don't get why people can't comprehend that Kazuya likes Chizuru, given that this is stated outright. This is the real reason why he insists on maintaining the facade. He's terrified that if the faced were to go away, Chizuru would go with it. Is this the best way to deal with his situation? Absolutely not, but considering that it is achieving the goal of preserving his relationship with Chizuru, you can't really call it irrational either. This is also why Kazuya refuses to have sex with Ruka, which in my opinion is one of his rare truly manly moments. Maybe Ruka will manage to get her foot in the door, but as for now, Kazuya is firmly on the H.M.S. Chizuru whether you like it or not.

I have to admit that it is quite ironic for Kazuya to accuse Ruka of being a pathological liar.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Sep 4, 2020 4:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm starting to fall for Ruka. Not only she is persistent, but she is very serious about being Kazuya's girlfriend despite being very clingy.
Sep 4, 2020 4:43 PM

Dec 2015
Rukka best girl.

I hate to see the protagonist refusing her. It's so stupid, everything he wanted is right there in front of him but he keeps getting attached to a silly passion he had for Mizuhara grrrrrr
Sep 4, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2018
This anime is so ridiculous that I love this. People that can't seem to enjoy this are probably like Kazuya IRL.

Ruka's winning the best girl status so far indeed.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 4, 2020 4:50 PM

Jun 2020
I am absolutely disappointed, I have lost all my faith in Ruka :(
Sep 4, 2020 4:50 PM

Mar 2010
I'm jelly of kazuya's situation I can't lie, but yeah glad that bitch won't give up on him. she has to go to hell and back.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 4, 2020 4:58 PM

May 2015
Manuchimso said:
Bruh the anime ain't even that bad lmao. This gets way too much unnecessary hate.

Ikr? Like I don't think it's the best shit ever or anything, but people are acting like it's the worst show they've ever seen and that's just hyperbolic imo.

OT: Ruka is clingy as hell and I can see why people don't like her, but I think she's still best girl despite that. She's adorable and I love her.

Sep 4, 2020 5:03 PM
Apr 2017
This episode was terrible like every other episode. The fact that the rental relationship between Kazuya and Chizuru still exists baffles me.
The life of their relationship relies heavily on convenient incidents and puzzling choices made by characters. For example, how gullible does grandma have to be in order to buy into the "she's a pathological bullshit"? The moment that Ruka joins in dinner with them should have rose Grandma's suspicion. Yet it didn't. The grandma lacks any common sense and rationality. Even if grandma trusts Kazuya, the lie is far too absurd and unbelievable. There's no reason for the grandma to believe Kazuya's words. What proof has Ruka shown to alert grandma? Nothing.
Sep 4, 2020 5:08 PM
Apr 2017
This show is a complete dumpster fire, devoid of any merit or even entertainment value at all levels. The show is unbearable to watch even when you turn your brain off.
If you're looking for gratuitous pandering material, watch the relevant portions and avoid everything else. Cringe-inducing to the maximum.
AniJanSep 4, 2020 5:18 PM
Sep 4, 2020 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
I can't believe some of these people are actually saying Kazuya is a bitch because he didn't take the chance to bang Ruka. I commend him for that because for all his desperation, he didnt just take the easy way to get laid.

Still though, Ruka totally blackmailed Kazuya to be his girlfriend so honestly, him not being the same as he is with Chizuru is no surprise. However, she does have a point about their whole thing.

I bet the whole thing would have also ended if Kazuya admitted right there and then that he had actually fallen for Chizuru because by the looks of it, Chizuru seems to be harboring some feelings herself. Hell, iits a win-win situation. She doesnt have feelings? Then, she has all the reason to break it off even more since Kazuya has actually fallen for her and not just for business. If she does have feelings then she can just tell him as well so they can go on to become an actual couple. If anything, Id like to see more of Kazuya as someone with an actual girlfriend. Just to see if he actually mans up.
NylismSep 4, 2020 5:44 PM
Sep 4, 2020 5:49 PM
Aug 2020
AniJan said:
This show is a complete dumpster fire, devoid of any merit or even entertainment value at all levels. The show is unbearable to watch even when you turn your brain off.
If you're looking for gratuitous pandering material, watch the relevant portions and avoid everything else. Cringe-inducing to the maximum.

Ever seen School Days? Well, go ahead and post that there.
Sep 4, 2020 6:14 PM

Sep 2015
ruka please i was begging you to just end this all
Sep 4, 2020 6:22 PM
May 2016
Great stuff, loved Ruka's aggressive play, you never see that in anime. Though nothing can break the love between grandma and Chizuru, that bath was too intense and awakened a long dormant yuri in her that no other girl can break. Even Ruka couldn't resist Chizuru's boobs (what was with the random boob grab?). At this point we don't even need Kazuya just let his grandma have a harem before she dies. :D

Also I'm another one baffled by the hate this show gets, it's just silly romcom misunderstandings and fun. :)
Sep 4, 2020 7:08 PM
Oct 2018
Ruka is very nosy I will not go with her face
Sep 4, 2020 7:32 PM
Apr 2016
This whole Ruka fiasco could've been solved in a minute if Kazuya could just speak like a normal human being. I fucking hate when plot is driven by a character's inability to speak and fix misunderstandings, etc... it's just awfully exasperating.
Sep 4, 2020 8:00 PM

Oct 2018

Why do people suffer on his sex fantasies? Being a virgin isn't a bad thing but this boy's a retard SMH...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.