Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion

The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 30, 2019 7:15 AM

Mar 2019
I really don't have any words to express how the last 2 episodes were <3

It touched my heart 💔

Considering how the show ended I guess this is the end ! But I really want a second season if possible <3

Dec 30, 2019 12:32 PM
Aug 2019
MaOtwE said:
I really didn't expect this show to have that kind of tragic story
and the scene of this episode is so heartbreaking
thinking of someone not there anymore 😢😢😢
Man they hit me way to hard in the feels
my opinion
This Story Must have Season 2
and
These last two episodes turned this series from average to a great one
I couldn’t agreed more it wasn’t until those last episodes that it really hit me where it hurts
Dec 30, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
Oh ffs MAL, seriously Slime and Shield Hero are over the 8.00 score and this one is sitting on the 7.70s? Kill me.

What looked like just an hilarious comedy also ended being a great story with some very emotional moments, 8.5/10 from my part and my third fav isekai after KonoSuba and No Game No Life.

They better are ready perfectly to release a sequel in the future, don't fail me Kadokawa.
Dec 30, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2016
I thought the ending would be more pessimistic in the style that Demon Lord would won and this world was decided to be destroyed by the gods but it was DL plan and and because of that he would gain power capable of killing all gods and destroy/conquer the rest of the worlds. And "no one" would believe Useless Goddess about this, so she would secretly be tasked with finding a reborn Hero (in his/our world) and remind him of everything giving a second chance.

The second season would focus on the adventures of Listarte and the rest of the team in the human world trying to recruit Seiya. ;)
and because in this/our world magic doesn't exist Listarte, Eruru and Mash would be regular humans.

and after S2 there could be movie/OVA as conclusion of entire story. :P
Nieznajomy43Dec 30, 2019 4:34 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 30, 2019 6:49 PM

Apr 2007
That was a really good ending. I'm not normally a fan of the "you can revive him for a second chance" type of thing after such emotional deaths like that, but I think they did a good job without destroying that emotional moment.

Overall it was an enjoyable series. I didn't really get into it, but the climax was beautiful. I'd watch a second seasonn if it ever happens.
Dec 30, 2019 9:53 PM
May 2013
Question for anyone that has read the LN, do eps 11-12 happen in the LN as well ?
Dec 30, 2019 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELZ. ;_______;

Good news for English readers though; the light novels have been licensed. But I hope we get another season. Depends on how well it sells blurays, I guess.

Dec 30, 2019 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
so S-class world Demon Lord is stronger than planet buster.
So what would that make an SS class Demon Lord and how did that b-class demon lord get to be that strong, when he probably was just a city buster?
Dec 31, 2019 12:11 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, this episode was a blast, what a great way to end this series, i'm glad everything worked out even if I thought that the worse had happened.
8/10.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 31, 2019 1:10 AM
Jan 2015
Likely unpopular opinion: The ending ruined much of the show. The act of reviving Seiya eliminated the significance behind his overly cautious attitude and life goal fulfillment. He died to eliminate his regrets - to atone for the grievous and almost unforgivable mistake he made in the past. It was the price he paid for a second chance to do good to make up for the wrong he did. Then it all comes crashing down with a deus ex machina where the anime goes "actually he's fine and he actually isn't dead".

"Well he lost his memories" you might say. Then the one left with the most meaningful development is Ristarte, who didn't lose her memories. If so, her role as a gag character was a terrible decision, as the development she goes through *and retains* make her the real protagonist. It would've been even better to set it up so that Seiya's overpreparation gave him a backdoor to stay alive, rather than having it be decided by the whims of an all-powerful deity. They should've either stuck with their comedic theme or committed to an emotional climax.
Dec 31, 2019 2:38 AM
Mar 2012
Sometimes hilarious, once in awhile nice to get cartoony wacky shows, bit like LWA.
Unexpected final arc, with lots of twists this demon lord fight, but turned into one of the best tight endings and setup for future seasons. Cool to see what SS level frog lord would be like in future in Ixphoria.
At times fights are way cheesed but still funny. Seiya started annoying but gradually had development that rounded him out, revealing more under the tsundere. Overall a more unique take on the overcrowded isekai genre.

Dec 31, 2019 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
I'd give it a 6.5 to 7/10, I enjoyed the stupid humor in the show the most. It's what kept me watching, tbh. The last part with the tragic background was sad but also lacked detail for me to fully sympathize with the characters. I'm guessing it's more fleshed out in the light novel series, I have a feeling this will get a second season though.

I'm guessing they're going to Ixphoria but Mash and Elulu won't be there since they're from a different world. I've read a lot of novels but I've never read a light novel before so I'm curious about it.
臭い-
Dec 31, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Surprisingly good show. Enjoyed the 12 episodes and I think they handled the ending well too.
Dec 31, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2014

arghh.... at least, show the moment when Seiya and Rista(Tiana) reunited XD....

What a rollercoaster ride... my weekly show for this season..., looking by the source they did great on completely adapted first 2 vol of WN, that i think can be somehow represented as the "prologue".

I really liked how they adapted this one, some great points that i catched on are the wonderful voice acting (reminding me of Kaguya's), the character expressions were also on point there. the transitioning between comedic and serious moments were good too.

Seiya and Ristarte comedic skit, made them as great comedic duo and simultaneuosly funny couple ( refer to their relationship as lover in the past).
I Hope this adaptation isn't just only for promoting the LN/WN and kept continuing Since the story on the source already far head. I really had high hopes for a sequel, wish to see funny stupidity of whole character especially SeiyaxRistarte, even better if they also got lovely moments together.

It seems i gonna take lil peek on the source to get a glimpse of what's going on next. Well this one certainly 1 of my fav for this season bring whole smile,laugh, even "feels" to me, Absolute 10/10 for me.
Dec 31, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Ishtar's bosses would consider Seiya as a martyr of some sort and then resurrect him as a god, like how they did with Ristarte. Anyway, I ended up liking this show more than I expected to. I planned to watch an episode or two of this from time to time but I ended up looking forward to every episode every week.

Jan 1, 2020 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
it could have been a perfect show with a properly executed ending (Seiya gaining god status for example) but I guess perfection is not realistic in anime industry. I mean... after watching anime for 30 years Im just used to shitty endings.
OberonFelsachJan 1, 2020 4:04 AM
Jan 1, 2020 7:26 AM

Nov 2012

Well done anime gods, you made another masterpiece. 8/10

Btw can someone help me with this ninja problem, they are EVERYWHERE, and they are cutting fricking ONIONNNSSSS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJAJAJAJAJJAAJ
Jan 1, 2020 8:23 AM

Mar 2011
I did not expect any actual feels from this anime but god damn that ending.

Now i need season 2 D:.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 1, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
look at that, a proper ending and still set up for a sequel. Take notes, anime industry.
i liked this one, gave off some strong konosuba vibes at the start, but it can stand on it's own feet. That said, Seya's quirk got old quickly, but they gave a good explanation for his behavior, so it kinda balances out.

PS.: RISTARTE FOR CHARACTER OF THE YEAR! She turned the show from below average isekai to comedy gold!
guizo-Jan 1, 2020 9:57 AM
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jan 1, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2016
Everything was predictable, except the fact that Rista is the girl from the other world, I wasn’t expecting it. Who know if there will be a second season.
Jan 1, 2020 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
That was a solid wrap up of the series. Very enjoyable.
I did prefer the comedic side of the series over the last two episodes that went for the feels though. Or if it was much more serious from the start would work too. The transition in episode 11 made me feel like I was watching a different anime.
Jan 1, 2020 9:25 PM
May 2012
enJ0Yable said:
Sondfer said:
There was an announcement about new airing date, Wakanim showed it here too.

Because highest goddess gave her Seiya's sheet.
And previously Aria summoned him as a hero, but he died and soul was kept in their dimension.

So when he was summoned for the second time, he wasn't summoned from his original world, but from the gods realm? This means that when he died for the second time, his soul was in the gods realm again, and he can be re-selected. Well that makes sense... thanks for explaining.

nonono, I think after their death (if their soul wasn't destroyed) the hero would be sent back to their original world and have their memories sealed. So when he was summoned for the second time he was summoned from his original world. Don't forget that time worked differently in original world and the god realm.
Jan 1, 2020 10:39 PM

May 2019
Really gonna miss my weekly Shinchou Yuusha. These last two episodes emulate the serious aspects etched beneath the series' comedy, which I really enjoyed; it was balanced to perfection.

A 9/10 for me - and one of the bigger surprises of the season. Can't wait for season 2

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Apr 2009
Another Isekai I enjoyed it enough to say its ok at the very least. Aki(Rista) really shined in this one to me. The over top faces White Fox was doing was funny and worked well. The overly cautious nature of Seiya was a bit off putting to me at first but grew on me not long after that. The story may not be the best but it works for this anime. The comedy is serviceable enough. I'am hoping for a season 2 eventually.

So only 2 Isekai have been not trash to me in 2019 that I can think of off the top of my head. lol
Jan 2, 2020 7:13 AM
Aug 2019
The overcautious hero was a really good mixture of comedy and seriousness.I will give it a 9/10.The last 2 episodes cover all the main part and i can't just have enough of it and want to see the 2nd season because of the love plot that was left unfinished and also for its comdedy that was outstanding.
Jan 3, 2020 3:12 AM

Jan 2014
Looking forward to the SS difficulty world in season 2, then the SSS difficulty world in season 3, then the SSSS difficulty world in season 4
Jan 3, 2020 10:10 AM
Jan 2016
8/10. This anime has the potential to be one of the best isekai imo
Jan 3, 2020 8:49 PM

Sep 2018
HEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! They end it without Seiya's appearance?!!!!! Wahhhhhh I want season 2 NOW!!!!!!!!! Seiyaaaaaaaaaa T---------T
Jan 4, 2020 6:00 AM
Mar 2019
marconii2002 said:
Season 2 never. Accept this fact.

We all knew it but it would be nice if we had one
Jan 5, 2020 10:07 AM

Sep 2017
I began watching this with the complete expectation that it would be a trashy isekai, similar to Arifureta. Yet I find myself pleased to discover that this was a genuinely good and enjoyable show that kept me entertained through its twelve episode air-time. While the jokes were more hit and miss from more enjoyable comedic anime that I've watched, the consistently good voice acting from Aki Toyosaki and Yuuichirou Umehara along with acceptable animation and pacing gives this show a good lasting impression for me. 7/10.

Jan 5, 2020 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
Dang, why they gotta keep doin' my man Cerceus like that. Another beautiful protein cake ruined.
Jan 5, 2020 3:59 PM
Feb 2019
well it's unexpected ending , I thought it will be a comedy ending . I want s2 but it seems impossible :(

Jan 6, 2020 11:06 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Oof, the last 2 eps hit me hard... good shit
Jan 7, 2020 1:39 AM
Jul 2017
Hmm. If they make a second season of Cautious Hero having to go up against the SS class world of Ixphoria, this time, Seiya Ryuguin should finally get his redemption.
Jan 7, 2020 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
was a nice anime but went downhill pretty quick IMHO. the 2 last episodes were pretty touching and disturbing at the same time (seiya being ristas dad), of course seiya not actually dying was too predictable.

from my comedy perspective, i felt the show ran dry since the elulu arc. guess they couldnt come up with anything funny since then.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 8, 2020 7:31 PM

May 2012
Well I got to admit this sure was quite the mix of various anime from various franchises put together and sprinkled slap stick humour on top.

Pretty enjoyable nonetheless, characters were hilarious, especially the goddesses, and well the general flow of the story was pretty solid as well.

So all in all a nice and fun anime I have to say!
Jan 8, 2020 8:54 PM
Dec 2011
FONZACUS said:
was a nice anime but went downhill pretty quick IMHO. the 2 last episodes were pretty touching and disturbing at the same time (seiya being ristas dad), of course seiya not actually dying was too predictable.

from my comedy perspective, i felt the show ran dry since the elulu arc. guess they couldnt come up with anything funny since then.

Seiya isn't Ristarte's Dad, Ristarte is the reincarnation if Seiya's old lover who was pregnant with his child when she died.
Jan 9, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2014
Im READY PERFECTLY for season 2 and i hope it's GONNA BE OKAY!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jan 9, 2020 5:42 PM
Sep 2019
i really loved the ending, i didn't expect that i'll love this anime and i'll be emotional watching it, i found the fanservice exaggerating so i stopped watching it, then i saw spoiler about the last episode so i decided to finish it and i'm happy i did, i'll give it 8/10
Jan 10, 2020 9:57 PM
Jan 2015
It was so good :')
I wonder if there will be season 2.
Jan 14, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
Well it was a fun ride, the finale was great but if only Seiya stayed dead i'd rate it 10/10, such a build up and they ruined it with Cliché ending. But the good thing is we'll be getting a 2nd season apparently, not anytime soon tho.

Overall score 8/10, wouldn't mind for a 2nd season
Jan 18, 2020 2:28 PM

Aug 2017
That ended up being prett damn good, surprisingly good. Super sad and touching moment when seiya disappears.

Jan 23, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2017
...wow. this was definitely an anime that exceeded my expectations. each episode was better than the last and it ended up being a damn good one (even though a few of the plot twists were clear a mile away, like the red haired goddess having been with him on that planet). it even managed successfuly to get me emotional in the last 2 episodes. a 9/10 for sure and, although unlikely, i hope for a season 2 at some point with that SS world :).

PS: I wonder why they didnt show us what "Property" showed Seiya and listarte. we could guess the gist, but i am still curious lol.

Kamil118 said:
What are you guys talking about, the time difference was explained properly in the anime, where they said that that time in gaeabrande flows about 80 times slower than in god realm, making Seia's 3-days training sessions take 1 hour of gaea-time. If we take that concept to our world as well and apply same time ratio, we end up with 100 years of god real time being a bit over 1 year of our time.

it was actually 16 times slower in the god realm than geabrande. That doesnt matter at all though, because geabrande is not earth and we dont know the time difference compared to earth. From what we saw of seiya's looks though, earth seems to be the opposite of geabrande in that regard.
FFTHEWINNERJan 23, 2020 2:05 PM
Jan 23, 2020 7:18 PM

Sep 2010
Thoroughly enjoyed watching this series.
Jan 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
I loved the anime and the ending of this season, It's been a while since an anime touched me so much, I really hope it gets a second season!
Jan 28, 2020 4:06 PM

Feb 2010
Stripping her power for saving a S-rank world and the God realm is *insert some bad world here* move.
Jan 30, 2020 9:13 PM

Dec 2008
I tad different from the standard isekai, especially the usual rpg fantasy isekai. BUt that worked out in its favor. THe characters were good enough, the humor was good, the animation was decent, and though some things were predictable sometimes, I thought the guy would become a god himself in the end, or the goddess would reincarnate. And the way the main lead didnt bow down to broads! YES! MGTOW! lol Would have been nice if longer of a show though. BUT NOW the previous B difficulty world went up to A, then S, then DOUBLE S?!!! THere had better be a 2nd season in a year or two, and it had better be even funnier , raunchier, and show them TITS...for TAT! lol 7/10
Feb 5, 2020 8:02 AM
Jun 2013
Really enjoyed the final and it was nice that Seiya as able to realize that rista was the lover he failed the first around making up for his crushing first defeat. The thing is im guessing Seiya wont remember that stuff if hes summoned again, but this time Rista has those memories so I wonder if this will kind of be like 50 first dates anime style. I was also happy to see everyone is doing fine at the end and I wonder if Rista can even go back to this world like she said. All I know is if there is a season 2 in the works ill be up for watching it. Also I still want to know why is it wrong for goddesses to bang a hero. They never really explain that other then its against the rules.
souledge94Feb 5, 2020 8:17 AM
Feb 8, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
Although I wish there's a season 2 (the source material goes past this point), I think this was wrapped up pretty nicely. This was funny while it lasted, but when it ramped up the drama/emotional aspects it was still very good.
Feb 8, 2020 4:03 PM
Jan 2019
Instead of comedy, the Author is actually really good at making Drama anime. It feels weird when Comedy and a Good Drama meet each others overall 8,5/10. If the Author make an Drama anime it will be very interesting, indeed.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.