Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 9, 2017 5:05 AM

May 2017
Chendroshee said:
More stuff

Bullshit! You here just to nag. If you really dropped on why would you be here? You get no information out of reading random comments from a forum, just by watching the episodes.
If you really drop it you wont even be here.
One who looses interest in something dont even come close to it again.
Sep 9, 2017 5:14 AM

May 2017
MissMonotone said:
Tokoya said:
This episode was going so good until the halfway point -_- I absolutely despise how much of a fucking plot device these misunderstandings have become

And to make matters worse, I was EXTRA PISSED to see Chiaki act like a fucking idiot and lie to Keita about her sister being Mono/Nobe instead of coming clean about it all -_-

FOR FUCK SAKES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm an so tired of this shit

Same, it is starting to ruin everything for me at this point.

@Tokoya
Sigh...
The story is about misunderstandings and has been since the very beginning!
You people were warned since the start!
The misunderstandings will continue until the very end!
And that is the beauty of it! Because it breaks off any and all generic cliches of all series!
It was makes the series fun!

And for chiaki, put yourself in her shoes!
She is a Japanese Otaku who just discobered that the guy she hates is in fact her online friend and admirer. She does not want to admit this to him and feel too embarased for it. And admiting it means she has to recognise Amano on it and she fears that because things will change.
Its all about embarasement and shame andnthat is a common trait in Japan.
Also, Chiaki is a milf tsundere, is what her archetype does!
We've seen it many times in other series, why this would be any diferent?

If you dont like it then go away, it will not make any diference.
My dissapointment is that you can not appreciate the beauty of this series just because it does not go with your western standards.

P.s.
If you dont understand Japanese culture and how it works, and can not understand that this series is an exhageration of it for comedy relief then just drop it amd go away.
But dont jusge just because you dont understandnthe reason why the series is how it is.
ThatRandomDudeSep 9, 2017 5:17 AM
Sep 9, 2017 6:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode was so cringy.
Like the mess Chiaki made by saying Mono and Nobe are Konoha lol

Still a nice episode overall.

Sep 9, 2017 7:00 AM

Dec 2011

Ever heard social media? Yeah, that. Some of my friend still watch this and so i thought "Oh god, this show. Wait, let me check is it still bad or even worse."

Apparently it's getting worse.

N.B Also maybe you need to check your spelling. I can't take you seriously.
Sep 9, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Hoshinomori being annoying, Keita being your regular anime protagonist, plot development packed with misunderstandings. The same as always. 3/5
BlancchetSep 9, 2017 10:16 AM
Sep 9, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2017
@Chendroshee
Chendroshee said:

Ever heard social media? Yeah, that. Some of my friend still watch this and so i thought "Oh god, this show. Wait, let me check is it still bad or even worse."

Apparently it's getting worse.

N.B Also maybe you need to check your spelling. I can't take you seriously.

Mate, lets be reasonable like the adults we are. (Asuming you are one)
First of all, i had been saying now and then that i am not american nor english speaker and i type in a cellphone so spelling and grammar are bound to happen. I try to correct as much as i can but i do not know all the english correct words. Another reason why you should research things before judging. (Asuming everyone is a profesional english speaker).

Second, What ever you say mate.
But if the show was really bad it wont be so popular in Japan and funimation would not had bothered to buy the rights for a dub. I mean; they would not waste money for a lame show, right?

@ everyone
The show is aimed for japanese audience with the reason why the misunderstandings. They understand, you are not Japanese and you're viewing it with your western stand point and just because you do not understand you say is bad.
At least do some research and look for why the show is how it is before you judge it.
If you dont like it, fine. You are not forced to watch it. But dont belittle it or call it trash just because is about something you do not understand.
We all know Japan has their own way to see life and this is their culture. This is how they are.
These misunderstandings? They happen for real. And the Japanese identify themselves with it.
But most of all this show is just a comedic exhageration of such Japanese views.
We see it as stupid, we think 'why dont they just talk to each other'.
Simple: because the Japanese think that image is everything and talking about your problems is taboo.
Why do you think there is seldom psychiatist or psychologist in Japan?
Because sharing your toughts and talk about them is rude.
So they asume things based on impressions and never voice them.
Because they have to keep the balance of "the harmony of the all".
And just telling the other person your real thoughts is rude in their society and will harm the "harmony"

This show is an exhageration of that. It involves Japanese culture and their ways of thinking, not a general topic with an regular romcom, or adventure series or isekai that doesnt involve cultural points of view so everyone can enjoy. In a sense is a comedic protest. And most of all the Japanese knows that all this is just for fun for a teenage chaotic drama and not to be taken seriously. They are going to bring more of misunderstandings because everything revolve around misunderstandings until the closing climax where everything will be fixed and everyone will live happily ever after.

You dont like it because you dont understand their culture. But sadly you cant enjoy the series at how it is: a teenage chaotic mishaf that is made for entertaiment and exhagerates on how Japanese people always misunderstand things and makes things worst than it is.
That's the beauty it is: chaotic ups and downs like a roller coaster that breaks the generic cliches.
But no, we are too used to the generic romcoms, harems and adventure series that when something out of the ordinary comes along to break the pattern we feel lost and call it lame because we do not understand.
And that is not fair.
Not everything is pink and sweets and this show breaks away from the generic folk.
To bad you can not appreciate it and just have fun.
No, you just want the same old.

Well, what ever.

@Chendroshee
You said you dont care about the show, then if friends mentions it, someone who doesnt care will just ignore.

And in the bottom line: Japanese companies care shit about what our opinions are. Anime was made in Japan for Japan only.
And if their Japanese fandom likes it, the rest of the world can just screw themselves... That's how they think.
Japanese companies are loosing more money with outside viewers than with the fans whithin Japan.
And we only get to see like less than 10% of the whole industry. And they are really getting tired how gaijin are complaining for something it was not made for them.
One sample we have with Gundam. Three years ago Bandai and Sunrise decided to cut ties with the west with the gundam franchise. Because they were not getting sales and mostly because nagging westerners complaining about the series.
What is the result? We no longer recieve Gundam related stuff to the west. Has that affected their franchise? Nope, Sunrise still make Gundam series, which are well sold and Bandai keeps making Gundam merchandise and games and everything is sold in Japan only and still flourish.

@ everyone
So yeah, our opinions doesnt matter to them. We see anime/manga (and the related) as a priviledge not a right. And you all speak as if anime was a right. Which is not.

P.s.
@Chendroshee
You dont like the show? Then dont come here anymore and just ignore everything about it. As simple as that.
Else you're are just trolling so bring your trolling ass to someone who cares.
This includes trying to make fun of me by not taking me seriously because of my imperfect spelling and english and my autistic ways to express myself.
I am not a superior perfect being as such as yourself.
So go away.
ThatRandomDudeSep 9, 2017 9:07 AM
Sep 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
RandomCritic said:
wall of text

B-but i'm having fun here, why should i leave? Especially looking at you trying so hard to defend this show with your flawed logic.

lol
Sep 9, 2017 9:30 AM

May 2017
Chendroshee said:
RandomCritic said:
wall of text

B-but i'm having fun here, why should i leave? Especially looking at you trying so hard to defend this show with your somewhat flawed logic.

lol

Well, i guess you missed my point.

Here i will make it clear for you since i overestimated your intelligence.

Point is: Stop complaining and just enjoy the show for what it is: show for entertaiment.

Now, you definetally confirmed that are here to troll me.
And if you're trying to annoy me, honestly?
You are doing a crappy job at it.
I had better trolls nag me than you. And they did a better job.

And i do not what is so flawed about my logic when its facts
But what ever, you dont care so why shoukd i care about you?
I will not stop so enjoy it while you can. No matter what you'll do you will not beat me. You dont have the resolve.

Now we ruined this topic a lot with your nag so so good day
Sep 9, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2015
never thought konoha will be that kind of chick, give my enjoyment more
Sep 9, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2017
I don't understand how people can still root for Chiaki, imo she hasn't changed greatly at all, like her character development just degraded from, a shy, adorable girl, to a loud and annoying. I mean she can have cute moments here and there which I enjoy, I have to admit. The whole episode was a just big facepalm and I'm just disappointed how she lied and ended up getting her sister involved, who had nothing to do with the situation what so ever. Ever since Chiaki came and started interacting with the rest of the characters, she just brought more misunderstandings. I couldn't sit throughout the whole episode watching and enjoy at the same time.

First it was the misunderstanding of Uehara liking Tendou and now Chiaki? I thought that drama was over, but I was wrong. Leave the man out of this ahh

I just hope Chiaki's sister will stop calling Amano senpai because soon she will end up looking like shes really close to him and people might take it the wrong way, resulting in more misunderstandings *sigh*

Theres a lot of misunderstandings ahead, but I hope its less of a mess.
AnimeManga1011Sep 9, 2017 6:24 PM
Sep 9, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2015
Konoha best girl. She was so cute this episode. Especially with the blue outfit.
Sep 9, 2017 2:56 PM
Jul 2015
They resolved the unnecessary misunderstandings last episode only to create new ones... It's getting kind of tiring.
Sep 9, 2017 9:18 PM
Aug 2017
Konoha light exercises....
Come on ! Keep going!
Sep 9, 2017 9:21 PM

Dec 2011

Why would i need such a resolve when you're digging your own grave?

Also RIP English.
Sep 9, 2017 9:30 PM

Feb 2009
This show is about romance and has nothing to do with games at this point except for buying them lol even the ED sounds more like a romantic comedy than a comedy based on a high school game club

Sep 9, 2017 10:45 PM

Dec 2015
Really Uehara, Really?
digging his own grave my man...
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
Sep 9, 2017 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, don't think that misunderstanding was necessary. Things would have been fine without the extra confusion and added character.
Sep 10, 2017 12:57 AM
Jul 2016
Good job, Uehara :v
Sep 10, 2017 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
IRL erogamer pretty girls are quite non-existent these days...
Another good episode! New ED is quite nice also!
I bet Konoha is playing erogame at that moment when she's all red in her own room! and we all know what people do while "enjoying" an eroge! hahaha!
Amano almost found-out the true identity of Mono & Nobe from Chiaki but she pointed out that it was her younger sister...what a cheap move!
Is that SukaSuka reference? and lol an 18 version of SukaSuka!?
and again! Uehara inadvertently confessed to Chiaki! another misunderstanding!
5/5.

Sep 10, 2017 5:27 AM

Nov 2009
Man that episode seemed pretty tedious, not too many episodes left so getting past all of the BS to get a satisfying conclusion is starting to look bad.
Sep 10, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2016
this is pure evil xD Love Pentagon Hexagon.

@RandomCritic well I got your point there, but pressing your matters with them, whether they should enjoy it or not isn't good. At the end of the day, its only just their personal viewpoint of the show, an enjoyment response. So dont get so worked up on it, okay.
Sep 10, 2017 8:01 AM

Apr 2015
lol so this is turning now into drama anime?(according to the ED)+
Sep 10, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2008
Please change the name of the series from Gamers! to "Misunderstood".

This show is showing exactly that no anime/manga/ln character NEVER talk about it and keep the misunderstand alive.

Kinda understand why the LN wasn't selling well before the Anime aired.
Sep 10, 2017 12:04 PM

Aug 2017
Funnier than I expected it would be. Can't beat the previous, though.

Man, this people really stupidly funny when it comes to their relationship. How can Uehara effed up for something that simple. (~▽~ )

Uehara said he will support Chiaki instead Karen? Then who will support Karen from now on? Or I just misheard this one?
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 10, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
Really love this episode.
So much is going on with Chiaki's feeling.

When Chiaki said "with respect and warmth" I thought aw that's beautiful.

But she's still overwhelmed with the revelation that Keita is also the one person who've been always supporting her and also her best friend in the social game (possibly her only friend back then). the confusion, shock, love, hatred... there must be a huge traffic jam of emotion inside of her. But eventually it all culminate in one conclusion... that Keita means a lot of things for her.

And then she's self-denying her love. and confused at sorting out her feeling. Konoha said that's not cute but I think that's pretty cute actually.

Now Chiaki can't see Yama-san and Tsucchie the same way again, and can't see Amano the same way again. She can't decide whether to admit her love or to keep hating him. (her love/hate feeling toward Keita is adorable btw)
But the problem is... He's already in relationship with Tendou Karen, so in her case, to admit her love is to be heartbroken, and gosh, it would be unbearable to see that lonely maiden heartbroken in silence.

She walked out under the hot sun despite being an indoor lonely girl, I think the real reason is because she wanted to ignore her confused feeling (procrastinating on sorting out her feeling. that's our girl. lol.) the magazine is just a reason to distract her. Idk maybe this is just my interpretation. but if it's true. that's really cute.

But anyway, "what a fateful encounter!" she met Keita. lol. and now she's getting all tsundere. But what's adorable is that it's not the artificial exaggerated kind of tsundere often used as a trope. it comes so naturally.

She's fretting about her feeling to the point that she forgot to play video games (her hobby) and forgot to charge her phone. aw.
She's protecting her dignity as a woman in front of the man she loves - but just
to be blundered. If this is a shoujo manga that moment when Keita said "your body" must have a background like "doki doki" (heart beating fast.lol)

Keita talking about Tendou must feels so difficult to handle. She looked hurt inside.

I really want to see Chiaki's face when Keita said he's glad that it's her. She quickly hide behind her facade again tho.

In Chiaki's house, they looked like a married couple omg! ><

But at the end, when she's alone in her dark room. when she's in her own world and facing only herself, she's honest with her self. cute.

The chaos in her room begin and she's about to give up, but just when she's building up her courage to tell him... *FACEPALM* WTF KONOHA WHY ARE YOU HERE??!! go schlick in your own room!

Keita, think about it, why would her sister play mobile game in Chiaki's phone all day long? don't you think that's weird?

Anyway, It's amazing how in an episode there's so many ups and downs in Chiaki's feeling. She feels so real. <3
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
Sep 10, 2017 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
i have to say, i was really enjoying it then realised there was only 5 mins to go towards the end...

then that cliffhanger from our very own wannabe relationship guru.

at least our hero didn't get a bloody nose from being hit into the atmosphere
Sep 10, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2014
Konoha is obviously masturbating in her room while playing her 18+ dating sims. Geez young age nowadays.
Sep 11, 2017 12:51 AM

Mar 2010
this series is so frustrating to watch but I'm not gonna drop it cuz I want to find out where it ends up and if it disappoints me in the end then I will score it accordingly.

Just reading this thread has almost given me cancer holy shit, some people care way too much about their own opinions smh.
Sep 11, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
AAAAAHHHHHHH 9 Episodes in, characters are dating, corrections have been made, AND THEY STILL FINDING WAYS TO MESS THINGS UP AND CONFUSE EACH OTHER. Damn it I love this SO MUCH. Also happy to see Konoha getting caught up in their mess, which means her introduction wasn't a complete waste of space specifically made to fill time.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 12, 2017 7:24 AM

May 2013
Gamers! Misunderstandings!

It's sad to see Chiaki realize too late. It's also one misunderstanding after the other that it's become redundant lmao.
Sep 12, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2016
Need more Konoha screen time. She has quality taste.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Sep 13, 2017 10:07 PM

May 2017
SakuraForever said:
I still prefer Chiaki over Tendou

Everyone do

But we all know the win percentage of the first heroine the MC meets right? Add the win percentage of a blonde heroine
Sep 13, 2017 10:08 PM

May 2017
lol love the imouto, closet otaku, bisexual, masturbates to adult eroge, best girl
Sep 14, 2017 1:22 AM
Apr 2017
Am I the only one related Konoha with Kirino<3 from Oreimo?
Sep 14, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
Not the best episode, but still very enjoyable!
Sep 14, 2017 5:50 PM
Apr 2017
AlexPlayer said:
'Light exercise'
*clears throat* We all know what he meant by that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) especially after buying +18 stuff
Sep 14, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
"How could this happen? Things were just getting better last episode!"

Easy. There's an odd number of main characters.

'nuff said.
Sep 16, 2017 12:42 AM

Mar 2015
I love this anime so much! SO MANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS! Also imouto is fun and could be top 3 best girls.

But damn, I did feel bad for Chiaki. It was already too late, even with the help of Uehara :( I just hope harem ending at this point.

Chiaki basically throw away her chance when she claimed her imouto as Nobe/Mono

Sep 17, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
That sudden quite of serious ED theme totally reminds me of first season of To Love Ru.

Then again, I'm totally liking Konoha too bad she's just a side character.

Sep 24, 2017 12:02 AM
Sep 2017
I was waiting so long to see Amano's reaction to Chiaki being Mono and Nobe and I am so disappointed.
Oct 2, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
Need more Tendou. I rly hope Amano and Chiaki don't get together.

caught in the wonder
Oct 4, 2017 9:47 PM
Apr 2007
Konoha is the only positive for me in this anime. All these misunderstandings are really annoying. Seriously, I wanted to drop this anime every time I finish an episode. Anyway, as the new anime season is starting, I'm gonna stop watching this anime for now...

(I rarely post on forum, I just want to express my honest opinion on this anime...)
JasonCMKOct 4, 2017 10:07 PM
Oct 9, 2017 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Oh come on, she should have just told him the truth... :/ (though I'm rooting for Tendou). I wonder what poor Konoha (who I already like more than Chiaki) is getting out of this, accepting all this and pretending for her sister's sake.
Oct 10, 2017 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
dis anime............
Oct 20, 2017 11:36 AM
Feb 2009
It's a trap!
:D ...............................
Oct 20, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what development! Just great and what an ending again! Really interesting, let's see what's next, and also what's up with the sudden ED change!
Nov 18, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2010
Aguri best girl!

Originally I never though I would think so but I really want Aguri and MC's paring to happen now.
Nov 26, 2017 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda slow episode. But not bad.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 4, 2017 3:36 PM
Apr 2014
Uehara should have just told Amano about Hoshinomori... And then he just created a situtation again -.-

Also is it just me or does this suddenly go into the harem-direction? I get bad Nisekoi vibes from this. I thought they'd stop at the triangle thing with Tendou, Hoshinomori and Amano but now the sister is thrown into the middle of that, too. And I kinda doubt Aguri won't create more misunderstandings when she continues meeting with Amano so much.
Dec 16, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
Uehara AHO BAAKA dumb-ass 😂
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.