Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 22, 2017 10:05 AM

Jun 2017
Imo, Momo can beat Tokoyami if she was smart enough to analyze how to beat him. Her quirk is magnificent and she can create anything she wants. She should've come up with a weapon or strategy on how to beat Tokoyami. Though, I don't mind that Tokoyami won because I was rooting for him, but I wish the match was intense and long. I expected so much on their fight.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 31, 2017 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
Man, I really like how this series uses it's characters. Reminds me of early Naruto with the Chunin Exam, now I just hope this series keeps putting it's characters too good use. I'm always afraid of Battle Shounens resorting to just the MC doing most everything and I have hopes that this will not be one of those series.

Now to see the much hyped Bakugou vs. Uraraka fight.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
shiozaki bara vs denki kaminari

denki as usual very side characterish "when this is over, wanna grab a bite?ill comfort you if you have me, cause thisll match probably be over in a second!" then he loses the match in an instant lol
i kinda ship them tho ..maybe if she meet him later?that would be nice but nah not happening lol

hatsume mei vs tenya lida

as soon as her voice was louder then usual i thought "oh no shes gonna advert her babys" ..hatsume uses lida to advertize her "baby" ...poor lida he took it serious... lol it was funny as hell

Yuga aoyama vs mina ashido

yugas pantsu!!!!!!that was not necessary donchu think?lel

fumikage tokoyama vs momo yaoyorozu

"a completaly overwhelming victory"indeed she couldnt get her self calm enough XO uhh poor momo ;(

tetsutetsu tetsutetsu vs eijiro kirishima

lol they even did the same pose for their introduction..and the intro too lol "manly and passionate" theyre inspiring ide like a side kick like that" weell thats nice!

"next must be the most disturbing match-up" frogger
ochaco uraka vs katsuki bakugo
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 25, 2017 3:09 AM
Jul 2018
pft. BS vine girl.
everyone knows electricity is the fastest
smh
Aug 26, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2015
Fumito said:
"LET'S MEET IN THE FINALS" she says

why does the truth has to hurt
Aug 31, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2016
All those quick matches were great!

Let's go Uraraka!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 23, 2017 11:44 AM

Oct 2013
decent episode, like the fights in these matches, short and good.
Sep 29, 2017 5:50 PM

May 2012
Great episode with awesome and intense battles, really looking forwards to see what this last one of the first round has to offer!
Oct 4, 2017 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
There's no way she'll win the fight against Bakugo without an asspull.
Oct 15, 2017 4:40 AM

May 2010
Side-battles in tournaments are always fun to watch <3 Plus the electric guy in his stupid mode is just priceless xD

I doubt Uraraka's gonna win, bun I'm sure she's gonna do a lot of impressive stuff anyway!
Nov 1, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2015
Shifting the limelight away from Midoriya was a nice way to build up the anticipation to what will definitely be a cracker of a next match!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 17, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2013
Omgah, electric boy makes some Saitama faces. He's like the loser wannabe Saitama but with voltage powers LOOOOLLLLL XD I can't get over his dumb expressions lmfaoooo

LOL IIDA-GOT USED XDDD
Mei just wants to sell her shit lmfao

Man, Baku is cute, but he makes the stupidest faces when he's annoyed LOLOL
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 17, 2017 3:50 PM
Nov 17, 2017 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
Whoa mama...this next fight's gonna be good

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 14, 2017 3:11 AM

Sep 2016
Akagi_An said:
The only way to defeat mei is to use adblock
lmaoo this comment right here 5/5 bruh and yoo why my sexy ass girl momo got no time at all like fam... i wanted a good ass fight at least showing off what she can do but oh well man im sad hopefully they put her in more in the future i need her
Facta Non Verba
Dec 28, 2017 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty interesting episode. These fights proceeded different as I expected. Poor Kaminari had absolute zero chance against Shiozaki. Hahaha Iida, I had a feeling Mei would use him to show off her support gear. At least he got the win.

Ashido was also favorite against Aoyama. His ability is weird. The fight between Tokoyami and Momo I was sure it would last longer, but he gave her not one second to start any counter-measures.

Funny when Deku had soliloquies while writing down the things he saw in all these fights :D

And now the time has come for Ochako vs. Bakugo. I can understand that she's so nervous. Normally I would say she doesn't has any chance, but I also wouldn't underestimate her to much.

Ganbare Ochako-chan!!!!
Natsu88Dec 28, 2017 5:53 PM

May 15, 2018 3:13 PM
Aug 2014
These fights were completely uninteresting.
Aug 12, 2018 2:23 AM

Jun 2013

Kaminari thinking about how pretty and cute Shiozaki is led to his downfall, too bad. He has one of the best and most powerful quirks too. He’s like Pikachu. Horny Pikachu. Shiozaki is pretty hot though. I can imagine her in a hentai. Guess he won’t be getting that date or dinner with her at all.

LOL at Monoma taunting the hero class. He’s one of my faves too just because he’s so fucking stupid and insecure.

I love Deku’s nerdy side. Also, how the referee’s rules can be easily bent or swayed depending on the contestants’ passion, youth, etc.

Hatsume Mei is the Elon Musk of this series. Poor Iida-kun couldn’t figh for real. She used him. SHIPPED!

Damn, Ashido Mina is thicc too. Aoyama’s my fave the way Monoma Nieto is my fave. They’re both full of themselves but Aoyama Yuga is definitely much better. Mineta being a perv as usual but I understand his frustration, who wouldn’t want to see Mina’s goods?

Tokoyami was really smart during his match. Momo-chan was too concerned by creating something that she wasn’t watching her steps. It’s time for the Ochaco x Bakugo match! :D

臭い-
Oct 6, 2018 8:09 AM

Feb 2015
I want to buy everything Mei's selling.

Tokoyami's awesome.

Can't wait for the next fight! I know Bakugou is going to be epic, no problem with that... I just hope Uraraka can do something closer.
Oct 22, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
I always love it when side characters get some screentime like that, even though the fights were pretty short. I didn't expect Momo to lose that fast, though dark shadow really is a strong ability. I really hope that Oachko will win her fight against Bakugo, though I highly doubt it. But if she wins I might even rate this show even higher xD
Jan 27, 2019 9:00 AM

May 2016
Ibara vs. Kaminari
Ibara's pretty much a certain religious figure at this point, emphasis on the crown of thorns and that's pretty cool and funny. After getting hard-countered by her vines and had his brain fried, Kaminari can kiss his chance of dating her goodbye. Monoma pettily trash talking was really funny and the fact thay he'll be like that forever now makes it even funnier.

Hatsume vs. Iida
She bamboozled him hard into using the support items she made and Hatsume forced him to be a live subject for her babies' live tech demonstrations with the most aggressive marketing everyone there must've seen in ages. They were pretty much watching the infomercial channel for around 15 minutes but that didn't make it any less interesting though.

Ashida vs Aoyama
Ebdurance was key in this fight because they both knew each other's Quirks very well but Mina took advantage of Aoyama's slip of tongue and made him impatient enough to go past his limit.

Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu
Yaomomo needed to think clearly to accurately create her weapons on the spot and she wasn't given enough time to analyze Tokoyami's potential moves in the battle in addition to Dark Shadow's unpredictability. This isn't her type of combat and she knows that but the disappointment that happened right after Present Mic hyped her up must've been really hard on her, especially with her being an overthinker.

Tetstetsu vs. Kirishima
Tetsutetsu and Kirishima had the exact same quirks pose intro and it's become a running gag. Their fight was intense because they're literally on equal footing but that meant that neither of them could win nor lose thanks to their hotblooded spirit and they both ended up going down on the same attack.

Ochako's squaring up against Bakugo and almost everyone else from Class A including her fears what the hothead would do to a sweet girl like her but she's out there to prove that she's not some pushover to the world.

May 17, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
It is good to see the fights of other side characters! I love the epic scenes and the funny moments!

LOL @ Mei and Iida's match. Mei uses the opportunity to advertise her support items. She even gives her equipment to Iida before the match has started to publicize her works. IT TAKES HER 10 MINUTES TO ADVERTISE. She does not even care about the fight. She just leaves the ring and lets Iida win the match. HAHAHAHA. XD

KACCHAN, CALM DOWN. His face looks distorted whenever he is mad. LOL.

Deku is really good at taking down notes about the heroes' information. He is a good observant.
Aug 6, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
Nice episode, we saw the hero course students' abilities. Iida and Hatsume's match was really interesting but Tokoyami is did a good job as well. Poor Aoyama tho. Arg, Uraraka, do your best!!!!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 2, 2019 8:36 PM

Feb 2008
lol. I love Hatsume XD

Why was the girl with the Creation ability surprised that she lost when she didn't even bother trying to strategize until like four seconds before the fight started?
Feb 8, 2020 3:18 PM

Feb 2017
That was a pretty big callus/wart on Ochaco's thumb.

May 28, 2020 7:05 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode but I still hate the girl from support.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 17, 2020 10:46 PM
Feb 2019
This arc is really dragging on. I hope the whole season isn't just the sports festival.
Nov 23, 2020 12:16 PM
Sep 2020
Damn I am actually nervous
Feb 24, 2021 11:50 AM

Oct 2020
These matches were amazing. Didn't thought these will be that much of interesting. Specially Tokoyami vs Momo. I didn't thought Momo wouldn't be able to do counter attack. Tokoyami is really powerful as I thought. But the fight of Tetsutetsu and Kirishima was the best till now. They were the equal match for each other. That was cool. I wonder how Tetsutetsu didn't make it to 1-A. However, the next match looks pretty intensive. They just ended the episode before it. Surely it will worth watching. Can't wait to see ...........

Almost forgot, Mei did some awesome thing here. I like her style. She showed her skill and let Iida advance. It was like they both just won but differently. I also liked that she didn't misused the chance of defeating Iida. That was cool.
Mar 11, 2021 5:01 AM

Feb 2019
I hate Deku with his baby eyes and weak ass personality
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
May 2, 2021 3:05 AM

Jun 2020
Shiozaki ♡______♡ the graceful goddess!!!!
Kaminari was right, their battle ended in an instant x)

Monoma taunting Class 1A LOL!!!!!

Poor Iida getting played like that. Mei the true winner, hard selling her babies trolllollll & I was laughing throughout Kirishima’s match, which ended in a draw LMAO poor boy!

He’s killing it with those introductions & commentary — someone give the announcer sensei a pay raise pls

Uraraka-kun looks so badass in the preview wewwwww

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 1:16 AM

Feb 2021
Awesome episode! Got to see all the other quirks in action. Totsumaki stood out so well. He beat Momo so easily and decisively. The vine lady was also cool. Mei with her self promotion lol. I'm waiting for Todoroki Vs. Midoriya!

Aug 18, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2020
From the previous game to this, I have really been liking that crow character.

Well, this match is going to be interesting.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 3, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2019
Can't help but laugh every time Kaminari goes into indiot mode after expelling all his electricity :D
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 24, 2021 10:30 PM

Apr 2021
Man plenty of pretty good fights in the matches of round 1....Some really funny moments too
That said good episode...Next up's the final match of round 1
Bakugo vs Uraraka :)
Oct 26, 2021 6:10 PM

Jan 2021
I forgot just how hard Iida got dunked on in his first "match", and the guitar riff that played during the start of Momo vs. Tokoyami was hype as hell bacchanal of darkness OST?

But man, the anime really made the leadup to Uraraka vs. Bakugou way tenser than it felt in the manga, and with good reason - Uraraka's got one of the few Quirks in the class with no obvious offensive power, while Bakugou is...exactly the opposite. Not gonna spoil anything for anime-onlies, but I'm sure that next ep is gonna make me cry like a baby.
Jan 6, 2022 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I was expecting them to give the win to momo, but dang she got beat pretty easily. I guess dark shadow bird dude really is no joke

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 13, 2022 9:31 PM

Jun 2014
I'm a big fan of Tokoyami, but I was really disappointed to see Momo lose like that. I can certainly understand her disappointment.

Ochako is about to face Bakugou. This will be her biggest challenge yet.

Jan 1, 2023 2:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh no pretty girl lose to some birdie boy!

But anyway, liking all the mic hero commentary. And ofc the real deal will be coming up next. Ochako versus Bakugo. Plus Ultra.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 15, 2023 6:01 PM
Jun 2021
Uraraka is about to get her shit rocked
Aug 9, 2023 6:56 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 16, 2023 1:05 AM
Aug 2018
A fun episode that builds up tension for the following fight, but in and of itself, isn't too exciting of an episode, and that's including the multiple fights we get to see. Not bad at all, and is most definitely and important episode, but it didn't send me.
Oct 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to TheFreycook
All those quick matches were great!

Let's go Uraraka!!!
@TheFreycook

And finished with the manly duel of hard blokes.
Dec 15, 2023 1:52 AM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdamn, this was a really fun episode
Feb 13, 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
Iiya you idiot lol.

This Uraraka match could be a disaster.
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Mar 2022
Okay there is quite a lot to cover here so let’s go through the other matches that were in this episode specifically: first up is Shiozaki VS Denki. Gotta say this fight was over before it even started I mean Shiozaki completely overwhelmed Denki in seconds there which pretty honestly makes me feel sorry for the latter there so I guess moving onto the next fight being Tenya against Hatsume. I think their fight was probably the highlight of this episode for me, just Hatsume just cares so much about her “babies” and to her the sports festival in question might as well be one long giant advertisement for her creations. XD She just essentially trolled Tenya into having a fight when she was merely using him as a demonstration and then just like that just decides to go out of bounds after she’s satisfied with showing off her work. Just priceless. Mina’s fight with Aoyama was essentially a case of Mina just slowing him down with his own quirk until he went over his limit and giving her an advantage in using her acid quirk on him to win. And as for Momo’s fight with Tokoyami?

Well I have to say out of all the fights in this episode, she was dealt with the worst hand imaginable. Think about it, her quirk is useless when it comes to open spaces like the arena for the Sports Festival in general so that means she has a massive disadvantage against Tokoyami’s shadow quirk which he didn’t even give her a chance to do anything against him and ended up out of bounds because of it. She essentially had no cover, no time to analyse what he was gonna do anyway which meant she was easy prey from the get go and again I really do feel sorry for her so hopefully over time we’ll see her develop when it comes to her quirk in particular. Very unfortunate for her, very unfortunate it ended that way. And Present Mic even bigged her up so yeah that loss must’ve stung pretty badly for her, I’m not gonna lie there.

Last but certainly not least, Kirshima and Tetstutestu who honestly ended in a dead heat because the pair of them have almost similar quirks to each other and also similar bouts of determination going on during the fight which you gotta admire both of them for so obviously the victor of the fight will be decided obviously with a tie breaker. Deku being such a sweetheart to Ochako trying to offer her strategy to beat Bakugo in her next match but her ultimately refusing and wanting to do the fight herself but acknowledging the help is pretty nice as well. And oh my heart went when she gave that thumbs up to Deku. That was so wholesome there. My god Bakugo’s face when he was introduced for the beginning of the match is just the epitome of DUH! XD I know it’s meant to be a snarl but jeez that face was just so derpy looking. XD Prety much loved this episode, hands down the Sports Festival arc so far is very good.
Jun 1, 7:49 PM
Jul 2023
I loved this
- Ibarra is so cool! Denki was also adorable crushing on her
- Mei is amazing 😭 she’s so cool for that I love it
- Oh shit, who’s idea was it to put Ochako with Bakugo??? The preview does look promising however.
- Deku is such a sweetheart trying to make a plan for her, I would have taken it haha
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

181 by TheStarscream759 »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

160 by TheStarscream759 »»
Today, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

239 by Apreggi »»
Jun 4, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

289 by Apreggi »»
Jun 4, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

animefan8800 - Jul 15, 2017

150 by Apreggi »»
Jun 3, 10:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.