Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2015 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
My life needs more of Yona. Hope there's a second season on the way.

For now, I'll be reading the manga.

[/center]
Mar 25, 2015 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
SalemWitch said:
Stark700 said:

No :/

-- :(

Mar 25, 2015 11:42 PM

May 2010
The yellow dragon sure tagging along was hilarious. He is such a weirdo. The gang is finally together, isn't it? Kind of makes me sad that it's gonna end.

When Zeno getting hit by Hak was the best lmao. Hak is a perfect dark dragon for sure.

Zeno spinning in air and falling lamely xD

Yona grew a lot during the course, super-proud of her. Now she has a goal and I think that's really admirable. Loved the scene where she was practicing with her sword.

Really, the only thing I somewhat dislike about Yona is how oblivious she is. Other than that, she is awesome. Hak had some geat chara development as well. Hak x Yona forever!

9.5/10, I want a 2nd season for sure! The thing just started you know... One of the best shojo adaptations out there. This was selling good right. I think it sold 5500+ bds, but I might be wrong or was that a dream? Gah I don't know.
Mar 26, 2015 1:09 AM
May 2013
It was alright for me it was a simple first season.
Death of the king
Yona got stronger
Yona collecting 4 dragons
that's it! lol.

I just had to comment that OMG! cause Hak's seiyuu is female! or probably transgender? wow! And I soo have a crush on Hak lol.
Mar 26, 2015 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely quite a gem from Fall season. This series definitely needs and deserves another season! ^^
Mar 26, 2015 2:08 AM
Jan 2015
yona still love soo won but her love is sure decreasing day by day... hope season 2 will be soon and not soon like kamisama hajimemashita.
Mar 26, 2015 4:32 AM

May 2013
Zeno! Finally! He looks fun to be with. Acts seriously while getting a joke out of it at the same time. Now, the 4 Dragons are assembled. Hak and
They returned to Ik-su and Yun was pretty worried there for a second. Now, they return to Kouka Kingdom. I'm still curious about Su-won's motives and his plans.

This requires a second season.
8/10 A pretty good series.
Mar 26, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
ami7mina said:
It was alright for me it was a simple first season.
Death of the king
Yona got stronger
Yona collecting 4 dragons
that's it! lol.

I just had to comment that OMG! cause Hak's seiyuu is female! or probably transgender? wow! And I soo have a crush on Hak lol.

Takagaki Ayahi is probably the voice of his child-self. His adult version is voiced by Maeno Tomoaki (who's very male). I'd recognize that voice everywhere after watching UtaPri as much as I did (same for Shimono Hiro. Zeno started talking and I recongized him.).

I'm happy we got to see Ik-su and Mundeok at the end. I started rewatching the series with a friend of mine and wondered if we'd see anything of them before the Anime ended.
This was a wonderful series with good storytelling, amusing humor, great and well-developed characters and nice art. The only thing that I miss is a more development of the plot and Su-Won's reasoning. But, as everyone said, I need a season 2 for that.
Mar 26, 2015 5:57 AM

May 2009
Great series. Everything just fits. I find myself bored in most adventurous animes, but this one is quite unique. I loved every part of it.
I can't wait to watch more episodes. There's still a lot to be told! I hope that they will tell more about Zeno's story if they would make a second season (which they SHOULD because the story is not over yet).
8/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 26, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
Waiting 'till fall before reading the manga seems reasonable. If there's any positive news that hints towards an above 50-50 chance of a 2nd season that won't take like, 2-3 years to come out, then I can probably endure the Yona starvation - probably...

So Soredemon Sekai last year & Yona this year, damn Pierrot, you're on a roll, making guys who rarely watch any shoujo like me slowly open up to them. Then again, you really don't have to be a shoujo fan to thoroughly enjoy these. I just know that when I try others I'll be like "Right, I should just keep in mind that Pierrot's the go-to studio nowadays for shoujo."

And I can't believe how well this season stand's on it's own, even if it can well be looked at as one big prologue that just scream's "SEASON II WHEN???". I wouldn't change it even if it doesn't get it's S2. Pierrot seems to be experimenting with faithful yet adaptations that direct you towards the manga in order to see the story to it's completion and ones that are the complete opposite(oh hai, Tokyo Ghoul). Here's to hoping they'll lean towards ther former.
Mar 26, 2015 11:19 AM

Dec 2008
Is that it?! No mention of a 2nd season?

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 26, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
And the yellow ragon join the team that was quick
lol, build up episode all the way to the end!?!

2nd season plssssssssssssssssssss
this cant end like this :O
Mar 26, 2015 2:59 PM
Aug 2011
fantastic series with real character growth, I even grew to love the silly comedy
hard to believe that this is the same Yona from episode one
Mar 26, 2015 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
MgMaster said:
Waiting 'till fall before reading the manga seems reasonable. If there's any positive news that hints towards an above 50-50 chance of a 2nd season that won't take like, 2-3 years to come out, then I can probably endure the Yona starvation - probably...

It's all down to how the digital media numbers will show up. If they maintained the speed, the manga already has enough material for 36-39 episodes. And if you think the story has been good so far, you probably would be amazed how it gets better afterwards. This has been one of my favourite manga in any genre in the last few years.

Edit: Next up Shirayuki x Zen. Woohoo~
shanimebibMar 26, 2015 3:53 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 26, 2015 6:08 PM
May 2014
Good animation is all it takes.
Mar 26, 2015 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
sasha72 said:

I'm rewatching the earlier episode

Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 27, 2015 12:26 AM

Sep 2014
This series was excellent with satisfying character development, action, and humor. Hard to believe this is the same studio that adapted Tokyo Ghoul.

Where's the announcement for the second season? :(
Mar 27, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2008
Rayzer said:
sasha72 said:

I'm rewatching the earlier episode

and I just want to add that the favorite dragon of King Hiryuu was

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 27, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
New member added to the party, Zeno looks awesome but too bad we didnt get to see his power, i really want to see Zeno's power i bet it has something to do with Deffense or immortality since he said he's not strong.

The moment when Yona fell asleep on Hak's shoulder was perfect, Hak x Yona forever !

Overall score 8/10, we need 2nd season, please let there be a 2nd season or Riot !
Mar 27, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2015
What a good adaptation!;;; I'm seriously hoping for more. They did a nice job at the pacing overall, focusing on character development, since this is a character-driven series. (Studio Pierrot is playing with my heart after Akatsuki no Yona and Tokyo Ghoul heh)
I'd say that this was the only episode that felt rushed, but it's comprehensible since it's the last one. >:

Also, the anime-only scene at the end between Soo Won and Tae Woo was very interesting;;;

Anyway, I'll root for a season 2! I like this series a lot, and there are lots of thing i'd love to see in anime format.
Mar 27, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2010
Stark700 said:
I strongly ship this pairing. Definitely one of my current top OTPs.

This was a very enjoyable show. Overall I give it an 8/10. Definitely plan on checking out the manga. Who knew Pierrot still had it in them. If they plan on making any sequels in the near future it should definitely be done for Yona.
Mar 27, 2015 8:53 PM

Jun 2007
The reaction to Zeno JUST HAPPENING (/suspicious) to stumble across the party, after all of the effort required to find and recruit the other three, was a fittingly amusing note to end the series on. And there were more than enough hints that Zeno is more than he seems. It interests me that, unlike the other dragons, his back-story will come AFTER joining the party. There has to be a reason for that...

I think I would've preferred it if the series had ended with the Yona-Su Won ZOMG cliffhanger from a few episodes ago, complete with THAT amazing vocal track someone needs to find for me. But it would've been the ultimate anti-climax since it came to nothing. Still, the suspense whilst waiting for S2 would've been incredible.

Best anime that I've watched in recent memory. The squirrel is the greatest of all squirrels. If only for the squirrel, there NEEDS to be a sequel. In fact, give the squirrel its on spin-off series, I say. I'd watch it... quite possibly the only male among many underage girls, but I would watch it.

Mar 27, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
i'm just gonna wait for the 2nd season to come out. this show was just brilliant
Mar 28, 2015 4:36 AM

May 2012
I hope it gets 2nd season. This was one of the best anime in this season, and I never expected it to be that good when I first heard about this anime.
Mar 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
wallpaper
Mar 28, 2015 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Ahhhh... I didn't want this to end :(

I really love how Hak shows his love to Yona .. still I didn't understand Zeno's power yet i wan to see it
Mar 28, 2015 3:09 PM

Dec 2014
We finally get the 4th dragon and BAM! The show's over. WTF???
Season 2! NOW!!!
Mar 28, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
Tirno said:
Good animation is all it takes.

You rated this a 1/10

You are effing pathetic.
Mar 29, 2015 12:24 AM

Jun 2014
There needs to be a second season. This show was just good to not have.
But there was zero fanservice. And that means no one in japan is going to buy the box disks.
Meaning unless the manga is a chart topper, there wont be a s2 for a while.
Which is a shame, cause this show was AMAZING. So much time and care into each character. and Yona is probably one of the greatest female leads in a long time.

10/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 29, 2015 6:18 AM

May 2014
Now this ... this was brilliant! Totally love this series!

It was serious, funny, epic and emotional. It's one of the few shows that actually brought me to the edge of crying and not only for the sad moments but for the happy ones :) The same for the OST. Just as touching as the story. I have nothing to say against this series.

10/10

Barion-Zara said:
S2 is a must or we riot!!
Damn right!
Mar 29, 2015 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
This anime was epic super perfect cool everything
fingers crossed for Yona and Soo-won I hope they will end up together, they love eachother so much! hope these bad circumstances will be solved out soon I don't believe Soo-won is really bad
2 kawaii 2 care
2 sugoi 2 die
Mar 29, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
It's great to see that VA Shimono Hiro is Zeno (Yellow Dragon).
Now that all the dragons are complete, it's up to Yona-hime on what path she will take.
Dat Zeno seriousness about the details on attacking the empire is a bit mysterious. How did he knew the most basic/logical choice that Yona could take???
Great for desktop wallpaper: 21:43 YonaxHak
2nd season can be???

Mar 29, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Great fucking series, and I don't even like shoujos god fucking damn it!!

S2 or we riot

9/10 overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2015 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
9/10

One of the best series I've seen these last few years

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ season 2 or we riot ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
Mar 29, 2015 3:29 PM
Oct 2012
Just powered through all 24 episodes.

Very good, liked the way they ended the series with the events that lead into the ending of episode 2, created a nice circle that shows that this is the end of the prelude of the series.

Not my favorite genre, and generally loathe the "cute princess who is surrounded by hot dudes who all love her" sub genre, but good is good, the animation is excellent, the plotting tight, the characters likeable, and there are hints that the story is going to get much better (I can't be the only one who thinks that the previous King, Yona's father probably SHOULD have been assassinated - mandate of heaven and all that).

Liked that the climax of this series is Yono learning that she has to kill at times, this of course was hinted in episode 2, but was never definitively said. As the climax it was done extremely well. I hope to god they don't ruin it by having the Lord of Awa return somehow. This tightly followed by the revelation that the cousin assassin is playing at a far higher level and Yona instinctively understanding that something wasn't adding up was done really well.

So brilliant example of the genre, definitely deserves a second season where we see Yona learn more about the world and losing some of that innocence but gaining wisdom.
Mar 29, 2015 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
Isano_von_Eiko said:
fingers crossed for Yona and Soo-won I hope they will end up together, they love eachother so much! hope these bad circumstances will be solved out soon I don't believe Soo-won is really bad

Hate to break this to you but no heroine in any series is going to hook-up with the man that killed the father she loved. No matter the reasons. The HakxYona angle is pushed so hard for a reason. There would be young girl outrage if Hak didn't end up with Yona, spiritually or otherwise. With Su-won you'll probably only get tension / a kiss. If you're lucky.

Takuan_Soho said:
(I can't be the only one who thinks that the previous King, Yona's father probably SHOULD have been assassinated - mandate of heaven and all that).

No, you're not. There's even the slightest of hints that the king had something to do with the death of Su-won's father, given that Su-won killed King Il and King Il was so strongly against Su-won becoming emperor. I have a suspicion that the death of Yona's mom is somehow tied to all of this. *shrug*

But, either way: no ruler that allows his country to become corrupt and weak is worthy. Su-won did the wrong thing for the right reasons.
Mar 29, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2011
throughout Zeno's appearance i could only think of the sage from Katanagatari. seems like a carefree guy but knows-it-all.

i still couldnt believe they managed to squish Zeno's appearance into the last episode. still nice conclusion, although we still don't know when we will get Zeno's shield (and the sword from the legend) like we see in the op theme.

in the end, it was a good watch. the slow pace fleshes out elements (especially characters) really well. i'm especially grateful of how much effort they put into the fighting scenes (ep 6 and 23 are the most memorable for me). kudos to Pierrot andddd Yona and Hak are my favourite roles from their respective voice actors.

AironicallyHuman said:

I think I would've preferred it if the series had ended with the Yona-Su Won ZOMG cliffhanger from a few episodes ago, complete with THAT amazing vocal track someone needs to find for me.
]

i think the vocal track is part of the full intro of the 2nd ending theme
TeNShIkAMar 30, 2015 12:24 AM
Mar 30, 2015 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
Isano_von_Eiko said:

Hate to break this to you but no heroine in any series is going to hook-up with the man that killed the father she loved. No matter the reasons. The HakxYona angle is pushed so hard for a reason. There would be young girl outrage if Hak didn't end up with Yona, spiritually or otherwise. With Su-won you'll probably only get tension / a kiss. If you're lucky.

Yeah I know.. but don't u think that there is something mysterious about assasination of King Il ?? that maybe Soo-Won is not exact murderer or he was forced to kill in some way? or u know it was meant to be revenge and we still don't know nothing about the death of Soo-Wons father. He had an opportunity to kill Yona but he didn't. I am weird but I do sympathize with S-W. I just cannot imagine to stop loving someone who you love for your whole life... and the thing the King Il didn't wanted these two to marry is strange too
OMG the second season is necessary !
2 kawaii 2 care
2 sugoi 2 die
Mar 30, 2015 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
Whattttt.... was that it??! This anime needs a second season ASAP!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 30, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
WOWOWOW need a season 2 soon please, definitely an amazing show with superb character growth all around. The action throughout was consistent and superb along with the ost and animation. 10/10

Gonna miss this so much..time to start manga
Mar 30, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
In a totally different from what I expected, ends this TV series that has not been in a hurry in telling the story, giving time to grow heroin Yona and to plot a chance to not be shortened or modified.
Pleasant overall the TV series, maybe a little obnoxious comedy in the early episodes, but then it is well integrated into the story.
I loved the characters and their characterization, not least the designs and the soundtrack.
Not bad even animations, I hope soon come a sequel. My final grade is 7.5 / 10, on the confidence that I can improve in the future with that sequel.
Mar 30, 2015 11:04 AM
Mar 2015
Great episode. If anything, it was just slightly rushed(but only if you've read the manga).
HakXYona is definitely OTP-worthy.

To sum up my feelings about this anime: I'm so sad it's over. I just enjoyed it so much. The anime was a well done adaptation of the manga. I really love and appreciate how character-driven Akatsuki no Yona is. For a shoujo, the romance isn't overwhelming, and it has so many other things to offer. The characters are top-notch. Even the one that I can't bring myself to like at all is likable in the sense that he's interesting. Maybe with the exception of OP2, the rest of the OST was really nice and fit the epic nature of the show well. I'm giving it a 10/10 and really hoping for a season 2.

Isano_von_Eiko said:

Not trying to down your ship or anything, but I don't think it's even clear that Soo-won loves Yona in the sense that you're thinking. Yona's feelings for Soo-won seemed quite one-sided. Even though he told her that he can't hold hands with her anymore, he also admitted that she was always like a sister to him.

The interesting thing about the three childhood friends(Yona, Hak, Soo-won) is that, although all three care a lot about each other, there seems to be something of a triangle of unreciprocated feelings. If Soo-won had strong feelings for anyone, it was for Hak. Not suggesting that those feelings were romantic or anything, however, Yona was always more of an afterthought for Soo-won. He even admitted that he was jealous of Yona because she had Hak by her side. Recall that at the beginning when he arrived at the castle, he was more interested in meeting up with Hak. And if you read the manga, Soo-won's admiration for Hak while growing up is made even more apparent as the story progresses. So Yona was in love with Soo-won, who was more enamored with Hak, who, in turn, is in love with Yona. I actually like this a lot. It's different from the typical, over-used triangle where two guys are in love with the same girl.

I just cannot imagine to stop loving someone who you love for your whole life... and the thing the King Il didn't wanted these two to marry is strange too

The thing is, it's not like Yona and Soo-won were in love and actually had a proper relationship going on. They never built up an actual romance, and there's just too much bad blood between Yona and Soo-won now for anything to start developing. It's not just that he murdered her father but he also chose his ambitions over her life. If he were forced to choose again, he would probably still choose his ambitions. In the end, she may be able to forgive him for murdering her father(depending on whether his actions will be justified or not) but I don't think her feelings will ever be the same again. She may still care about him but I highly, highly doubt she would be in love with him. Personally, I always viewed the love she had for Soo-won as something more along the lines of a naive, young love rather than true love anyhow.

Bottom line is, Yona has changed far too much. She's no longer the same person she was at the beginning. The other major thing is, there's someone else by her side who has been sticking with her through all her hardships. They have been going through a lot together so, surely, something has been building up between them and will most likely only continue to grow. Having said all that, please feel free to ship whatever/whoever you want ^^

AironicallyHuman:
(I can't be the only one who thinks that the previous King, Yona's father probably SHOULD have been assassinated - mandate of heaven and all that).

No, you're not. There's even the slightest of hints that the king had something to do with the death of Su-won's father, given that Su-won killed King Il and King Il was so strongly against Su-won becoming emperor. I have a suspicion that the death of Yona's mom is somehow tied to all of this. *shrug*

But, either way: no ruler that allows his country to become corrupt and weak is worthy. Su-won did the wrong thing for the right reasons.

Disagree. I think it's way too early to be crowing Soo-won the savior of Kouka. Yes, he has been going around fixing the country but for what purpose, no one knows yet. Unlike Yona who just hates seeing her people suffer, the same can't be said of Soo-won. He revealed that he's going to be King to accomplish what his father couldn't. What was his father, Yu-hon, up to? Why was he killed by King Il? And why did the previous king(Junam) hand over the crown to King Il instead of him? Yu-hon also chased the priest out of the castle...so something was very wrong there. Did he see prophecies from the priests as a threat to his plans? Did he see the red-haired princess as a threat? He also forbade people from reading the story of King Hiryuu. Did he have something to do with the death of King Il's wife? Did he help the country fall into that bad state in the first place? Maybe he did it so that he could take advantage of fixing the country to gain people's trust and loyalty? Maybe that's exactly what the cunning(and sly) Soo-won is doing? Too many questions right now.

I'm perfectly fine with handing some of the blame to King Il but, IMO, there's so much blame to go around. He didn't do enough for his country but neither did the generals(maybe with the exception of Hak/Mundok) who are in charge of their respective tribes/territories. I mean, what exactly did Geun-tae do to help his people but sit on his butt like a lazy bum? King Il may have hated war and bloodshed but he wasn't an evil tyrant who didn't love his people. He would have been supportive of ideas to help better the country as long as it didn't directly involve war. IMO, it wasn't necessary to kill him to better Kouka. Soo-won needed the throne in order to fulfill his father's wish. That's why he killed the king. The whole "bettering Kouka" idea is just the perfect excuse to use as a cover up for what he wants to do, is my guess...which makes me wonder if what he's trying to do has anything to do with major warfare. King Il, if he wasn't dead, would have been completely against that. There's a lot to think about.

AND...I tried not to make this post long. EPIC FAIL. Sorry everyone. Carry on.
slightly-angelicMar 30, 2015 12:00 PM
Mar 30, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2006
Ahh... I'm very happy with this show. It was far from perfect but it still managed to make me marathon all the episodes in 2 days. It's the best fantasy/historical shoujo I've seen since Saiunkoku Monogatari.

8.5/10
Mar 30, 2015 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
DejWo said:
And here I hoped for announcement of second season.

: : My Anime List : :
: : My Manga List : :
Mar 30, 2015 6:56 PM
Oct 2012
slightly-angelic said:
and there's just too much bad blood between Yona and Soo-won now for anything to start developing. It's not just that he murdered her father but he also chose his ambitions over her life. If he were forced to choose again, he would probably still choose his ambitions.

The only problem with that theory is that Soo-won did not choose "his ambitions" (at least in the sense of his wanting power, glory or money). The story certainly seems to be moving in the direction that he is taking action because he knew the world under the former king was wrong, and he is trying to set things right.

Not sure if the story wants to go in that direction, it would be a bit dark, but I think it would be excellent to have Yona's father be a horrible king and Soo-won be the great hero of the story. Doesn't mean that he will get the girl in the end, but that would be bloody entertaining!
Mar 30, 2015 11:10 PM

Nov 2007
I surprisingly enjoyed this series one of the few I kept up with each week. Despite being shoujo it was intriguing. She became a strong female lead and the guys were pretty decent.

I hope it does get a 2nd season. It was funny how fast yellow dragon just joined up in contrast to how long the last 2 took.
Mar 31, 2015 12:17 AM

May 2010
I recently watched 24th episode, and you know what? my thoughts about it: What the hell is going on?! Where is the end? Or there will be 2nd season, and there we'll see how Yona will become princess?? I little bit confused o_0 because of strange end, and i glad that all dragons are together finally. Saying about dragons, Zen i like more. Because he's so sunny, and pretty cute boy and also is good-natured :3
In general, it's great anime what i've ever seen, I like it so much! >_< If there really will be 2nd season - looking forward to hearing from them. :3
8/10
_Lucy_Mar 31, 2015 12:46 AM
Mar 31, 2015 5:28 AM

Jun 2008
slightly-angelic said:

Disagree. I think it's way too early to be crowing Soo-won the savior of Kouka. Yes, he has been going around fixing the country but for what purpose, no one knows yet. Unlike Yona who just hates seeing her people suffer, the same can't be said of Soo-won. He revealed that he's going to be King to accomplish what his father couldn't. What was his father, Yu-hon, up to? Why was he killed by King Il? And why did the previous king(Junam) hand over the crown to King Il instead of him? Yu-hon also chased the priest out of the castle...so something was very wrong there. Did he see prophecies from the priests as a threat to his plans? Did he see the red-haired princess as a threat? He also forbade people from reading the story of King Hiryuu. Did he have something to do with the death of King Il's wife? Did he help the country fall into that bad state in the first place? Maybe he did it so that he could take advantage of fixing the country to gain people's trust and loyalty? Maybe that's exactly what the cunning(and sly) Soo-won is doing? Too many questions right now.

I'm perfectly fine with handing some of the blame to King Il but, IMO, there's so much blame to go around. He didn't do enough for his country but neither did the generals(maybe with the exception of Hak/Mundok) who are in charge of their respective tribes/territories. I mean, what exactly did Geun-tae do to help his people but sit on his butt like a lazy bum? King Il may have hated war and bloodshed but he wasn't an evil tyrant who didn't love his people. He would have been supportive of ideas to help better the country as long as it didn't directly involve war. IMO, it wasn't necessary to kill him to better Kouka. Soo-won needed the throne in order to fulfill his father's wish. That's why he killed the king. The whole "bettering Kouka" idea is just the perfect excuse to use as a cover up for what he wants to do, is my guess...which makes me wonder if what he's trying to do has anything to do with major warfare. King Il, if he wasn't dead, would have been completely against that. There's a lot to think about.

AND...I tried not to make this post long. EPIC FAIL. Sorry everyone. Carry on.

As manga reader all I can say is... he cares for his people a lot. His reasons were not revealed yet but there are so many scenes where his concern is shown that its impossible to deny otherwise. Not excusing his terrible actions of murdering the king and trying to kill his best friends but one thing is certain... he does care for Kouka kingdom and god, he makes an excelent king. He will risk even his life for saving his kingdom ...that you cannot doubt. Soo won made a choice: his most two beloved people or the kingdom. Go read the manga :D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 31, 2015 7:29 AM
Mar 2015
^ It's not that I haven't read the manga. I have(even the summaries up to chapters 103). He shows concern but it's not in the same way as Yona. He shows it in the sense that he NEEDS his people, not because he's pained by someone suffering. Yona is pained by seeing her people suffer. There's a difference. Recall what Soo-won said at the beginning, that he's seeking the power of the people. IMO, his father's wish can't be fulfilled without the people standing behind him. I won't talk about anymore of the manga because we're not supposed to...but, no, I don't think Soo-won and Yona are the same at all. I'm predicting that they probably will eventually clash.

The only problem with that theory is that Soo-won did not choose "his ambitions" (at least in the sense of his wanting power, glory or money). The story certainly seems to be moving in the direction that he is taking action because he knew the world under the former king was wrong, and he is trying to set things right.

Not sure if the story wants to go in that direction, it would be a bit dark, but I think it would be excellent to have Yona's father be a horrible king and Soo-won be the great hero of the story. Doesn't mean that he will get the girl in the end, but that would be bloody entertaining!

As I said, Soo-won admitted at the very beginning that he wants to be king to fulfill his father's wish. That's what i meant by "ambitions". He has a goal, and that goal has to do with wanting to accomplish something for his father. Like I said, we don't know what his father was trying to do. He certainly doesn't appear to be an innocent man given what we know about him(didn't get chosen to be king even though he was the older one, chased the priest out of the castle, forbade people from knowing about King Hiryuu, getting stabbed to death by his brother who despised war and weapons). And, yes, Kouka was in a poor state...but, again, we do not know the full story behind that yet. And the story is already rather dark, IMO. You have betrayals and murders.

You see, from almost the start, the King has been portrayed to be a horrible King while Soo-won has been looked upon as the savior of Kouka by the people. I just think a twist concerning that is coming. And, personally, I don't want Soo-won as the savior of Kouka. This isn't his story. It's Yona's story. What would be the point of Yona's role, her strong development, or the suffering she has had to endure if she's just going to end up bowing down to Soo-won, the "great hero"? Yona's journey would feel so pointless to me. Since he's already the country's savior, Yona might as well go live some peaceful life somewhere and let Soo-won do his thing...right?
slightly-angelicMar 31, 2015 11:03 AM
Mar 31, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
slightly-angelic said:
^ It's not that I haven't read the manga. I have(even the summaries up to chapters 103). He shows concern but it's not in the same way as Yona. He shows it in the sense that he NEEDS his people, not because he's pained by someone suffering. Yona is pained by seeing her people suffer. There's a difference. Recall what Soo-won said at the beginning, that he's seeking the power of the people. IMO, his father's wish can't be fulfilled without the people standing behind him. I won't talk about anymore of the manga because we're not supposed to...but, no, I don't think Soo-won and Yona are the same at all. I'm predicting that they probably will eventually clash.

As I said, Soo-won admitted at the very beginning that he wants to be king to fulfill his father's wish. That's what i meant by "ambitions". He has a goal, and that goal has to do with wanting to accomplish something for his father. Like I said, we don't know what his father was trying to do. He certainly doesn't appear to be an innocent man given what we know about him(didn't get chosen to be king even though he was the older one, chased the priest out of the castle, forbade people from knowing about King Hiryuu, getting stabbed to death by his brother who despised war and weapons). And, yes, Kouka was in a poor state...but, again, we do not know the full story behind that yet. And the story is already rather dark, IMO. You have betrayals and murders.

You see, from almost the start, the King has been portrayed to be a horrible King while Soo-won has been looked upon as the savior of Kouka by the people. I just think a twist concerning that is coming. And, personally, I don't want Soo-won as the savior of Kouka. This isn't his story. It's Yona's story. What would be the point of Yona's role, her strong development, or the suffering she has had to endure if she's just going to end up bowing down to Soo-won, the "great hero"? Yona's journey would feel so pointless to me. Since he's already the country's savior, Yona might as well go live some peaceful life somewhere and let Soo-won do his thing...right?

personally I think Su-won has death flags glued to him since the beggining. All the hints and vibes somehow make me think he will end up being a Shoujo- Lelouch- Lamperouge. He has certainly a goal, we dont know which goal it is and it may be dark, but to me its still certain that he wishes well for his people. He does not brood and suffer for them like Yona that I agree with you, but Su-Won is not the type of showing emotions. Honestly I dont believe he wishes to harm the kingdom, for the contrary I believe he is on Lelouch-destiny-type which is to become a "villain" in order to unite his people. Also what happens most commonly in shoujo is regret and forgiveness (damn shoujo tropes, lol) so I believe sooner or later the trio will have their moment together to clarify things:) or to try to kill each others

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.