Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 22, 2013 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
Oh shi- I'm speechless, though I'll still comment on here.
I don't want this to end.
Dec 22, 2013 10:03 AM
Nov 2010
That cliffhanger! Kaiki you dun goofed! cant wait for the next and final episode.
Dec 22, 2013 10:24 AM
Nov 2013
Don't worry, Kaiki.
You're still a boss.
Dec 22, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 2013
Well, Kaiki's solution wasn't that great at all... since the only one who would've died in a car accident was Senjougahara .-.

Still , Awesome episode <3

#HitagixKoyomi
Dec 22, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2011
Damn this episode and damn that cliffhanger !!

So guys I have a theory on how Nadeko figured out Kaiki's intentions.

At the end of the episode, Kaiki mentioned Araragi, Senjougahara and Shinobu with their full name. The thing is Nadeko never told him their names, she just said she wants to kill Koyomi Onee-chan and his girlfriend and his slave. So how on earth could Kaiki know their names if he wasn't working with them? I even checked the previous episodes and she never mentioned their names. Kaiki screwed up BIG time !
Dec 22, 2013 12:44 PM
Oct 2009
Is Kaiki even a fighter? I know Oshino and Kagenui are pretty strong, but has anything been hinted at with Kaiki?
Dec 22, 2013 1:43 PM
Jan 2012
Kaiki = good guy lol. That can't be the end of Kaiki's plan! Can't wait for next week.
Dec 22, 2013 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
lol .. and now? Kaiki failed?
Will all be saved? or Nadeko will end all?
will be hard to wait a week to know how this will end
I will hold myself to not read the novel and wait for the anime to see how everything will end

Araragi-kun will appear in this arc? The protagonist does not appear in them more than 5 episodes and she still is incredible
this arc being the best ..

for me, 'Monogatari Series: Second Season' already spent 'in Shingeki Kyojin' and became the best anime of the year
I end each episode with a 'lol', 'OMG' and 'WTF' kkk

Go Go last episode
To end 2013 in style!

lol .. e agora? Kaiki falhou?
Será que todos serão salvos? ou Nadeko irá acabar com todos?
vai ser dificil esperar uma semana para saber como isso irá terminar
vou me segurar para nao ler a novel e esperar o anime para ver como tudo acabará

Araragi-kun irá aparecer neste arco? O protagonista não aparece na historia a mais de 5 episodios e ela continua incrivel
este arco está sendo o melhor ..

para eu, 'Monogatari Series: Second Season' ja passou 'Shingeki no Kyojin' e virou o melhor anime do ano
a cada episodio eu termino com um 'lol', 'OMG' e 'WTF' kkk

go go ultimo episodio
Para acabar 2013 em grande estilo!
Dec 22, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
crunchyroll is saying that this series will run into the next season.
Dec 22, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
komic said:
crunchyroll is saying that this series will run into the next season.
That's because Crunchyroll is showing it 5 weeks late...
Dec 22, 2013 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
KAIKI NOOOOOO
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 22, 2013 4:09 PM
Dec 2008
OMG CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK
HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT ON THIS FOR 7 MOAR DAYSSSSS
Dec 22, 2013 4:15 PM

Dec 2012
Nice, it was kinda obvious that even an airhead like Nadeko won't fall for that. Great episode 5/5

Did someone say the same lie before?

Nadeko: ''So, you're trying to deceive me too?''

Was it Gaen trying to fuck up the situation? mhmm.

Ugh, I regret watching this episode now, I should have waited till next week and watch the two episodes together.
Dec 22, 2013 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
im glad kaiki lived until the end of this episode :D

FINAL is next week. hope they can make it adapting from the novel.
Dec 22, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Kaiki was a good guy all along? Dang.

Really can't wait for next week's episode.
Dec 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
I already knew that it would go wrong. That feeling you get when everything is going right but takes a wrong turn at the end.
MrAwesome2018Dec 22, 2013 5:11 PM
Dec 22, 2013 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Well...shit.
Dec 22, 2013 5:28 PM
Mar 2009
The last line reminded me of this popular song:

"What's a god to a man
who doesn't believe in
anything?"

Or, I would paraphrase:

"What's a goddess
to a professional deceiver
who doesn't believe
she has any sense?"

I am like "omy, what a waste of money".....
Dec 22, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
mugi said:
It is only mentioned that Koyomi wouldn't even dare to fight a high schooler version of Kaiki because he's such a badass. Probably on the same level as Meme. Kagenui is a little exception.

I believe Koyomi doesn't dare to meet a teen version of Kaiki because he's afraid of being deceived again, not because he can't fight him
I think Kaiki is the only one in that group of 4 (Gaen, Meme, Kagenui) that can't fight
Dec 22, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
can anyone tell me if kaiki is a human being or a oddity? he does have vampire teeth and pale skin, so i've been wondering for a while.

nadeko...you sexy bish <3
Dec 22, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
He's the hero Monogatariland deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. Kaiki.

rip in peace
Dec 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
rest in peace my favorite character , rip kaiki.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 22, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
Okay so the closet we keep hinting at in every episode is so insignificant to this show we are not gonna even waste any time telling you what's inside....Really!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2013 8:59 PM

Nov 2013
bye bye kaiki xD
Dec 23, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
Run Kaiki! Run!
Dec 23, 2013 1:01 AM

Sep 2010
I feel like Kaiki's bad lie is part of his plan. At least I hope so, cause I really don't want him to die.
Dec 23, 2013 4:31 AM
Jun 2013
This episode was amazing! And dat cliffhanger...

Hopefully he has something else up his sleeve and didn't just underestimate that cute goddess. Cannot imagine that he'd fail so miserably.

Kaiki ftw. So he is less of a bad guy than he is said to be, at least when it comes to Senjougahara. Such a great character. Liked him since his first appearance and he never fails to amaze me :).

Cannot wait for the final episode.
Dec 23, 2013 4:37 AM

Jun 2011
oh my gosh! awesome, I can't wait for the next episode ><
Kaiki, you're awesome! :D
Dec 23, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
Next week, Heads will Roll!! nyahahah
That yandre face 0.0

nitrohawk said:
Kizu is never going to be released.

Come on man!! dont jinx it.
I'm practically dying ever since they first announced it that it was postponed.
Dec 23, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2009
wait... fuck, how could she tell?
Dec 23, 2013 8:47 AM
Dec 2013
waalex11 said:

There is a good chance she always knew, but why would it matter to her now that he was visiting her? She was even happen to have anyone come see her.

He also said they all died in a car accident, knowing that Shinobu and Koyomi are still immortal.
Dec 23, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2011
waalex11 said:

Well this is one theory I came up with

PhantomFiction said:

At the end of the episode, Kaiki mentioned Araragi, Senjougahara and Shinobu with their full name. The thing is Nadeko never told him their names, she just said she wants to kill Koyomi Onee-chan and his girlfriend and his slave. So how on earth could Kaiki know their names if he wasn't working with them? I even checked the previous episodes and she never mentioned their names. Kaiki screwed up BIG time !

Well some of you might think that Nadeko isn't all that bright to catch this detail, but remember what Kaiki said when he first met her? She pays attention to the details that don't seem important.
Dec 23, 2013 10:18 AM

Mar 2011
PhantomFiction said:
waalex11 said:

Well this is one theory I came up with

PhantomFiction said:

Well some of you might think that Nadeko isn't all that bright to catch this detail, but remember what Kaiki said when he first met her? She pays attention to the details that don't seem important.

Feasible, but it might also be that Bakaragi visited her shrine the night before or that she was suspicious of Kaiki from the get go, even that she pretended to not remember him because she was feeling lonely or bored... or even that she simply doesn't want to believe him since she will never get to satisfy her will. She might even testing whether Kaiki is lying... there are too many possibilities, and almost no facts to make an educated guess in this case.
MalkuthDec 23, 2013 11:06 AM
Dec 23, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
Well crap. He's fucking done for. D:

DAMMIT KAIKI I KNOW YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN YOUR SLEEVE!

Dec 23, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
Malkuth said:
snip

My take on the issue is that Medusako didn't see through the lie, she just can't accept it. Like Hanekawa said in the beginning of the episode: "No matter what anyone says, their words cannot reach her.", meaning that she doesn't believe the lie, but for a different reason. She can hear and comprehend what Kaiki said, but just cannot accept it, denying it to a point where what was actually being said, be it fact or lies, is irrelevant.

My two cents.

I do think that this was part of the plan though.
Dec 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Mar 2011
Syntriate said:
Malkuth said:
snip

My take on the issue is that Medusako didn't see through the lie, she just can't accept it. Like Hanekawa said in the beginning of the episode: "No matter what anyone says, their words cannot reach her.", meaning that she doesn't believe the lie, but for a different reason. She can hear and comprehend what Kaiki said, but just cannot accept it, denying it to a point where what was actually being said, be it fact or lies, is irrelevant.

My two cents.

I do think that this was part of the plan though.

I think I included it in the possibilities... I won't risk a guess, everything I mentioned has its merits and weaknesses to make me think that any one is more likely then any other.
Dec 23, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
Only problem with being a reader is I can't be a guesser...
Dec 23, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2008
Oh shit! Nadeko saw right through it. Kaiki is going to die. Hopefully, not before he reveals what's in her closet.
Is it just me, or is there a very strong possibility that Kaiki is/was in love with Senjougahara?

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 23, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2011
hpulley said:

And let's keep it that way here ;)

But can you PM me what the hell is in that damn closet, please!

GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Oh shit! Nadeko saw right through it. Kaiki is going to die. Hopefully, not before he reveals what's in her closet.
Is it just me, or is there a very strong possibility that Kaiki is/was in love with Senjougahara?

Yeah, like Hitagi is over him? She even stuttered when she tried to say the opposite... which was one of her cutest moments. Anyway, as Yotsugi said, Kaiki doesn't want to take advantage of her because he did and still does love her, which makes him vulnerable.
Dec 23, 2013 10:15 PM

Aug 2010
Shit just hit the fan...i expect lots of gore, death, destruction, limb loss and more destruction

Damn Kaiki was GOOD!!!! :O
Dec 24, 2013 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
this is storytelling, like a boss. and shaft doing a beautiful work.

no regrets from sticking with the show since bakemonogatari.
Dec 24, 2013 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
I believe Nadeko is just limited to her own little world like Hanekawa said and won't attempt to accept Kaiki's word merely because it is not suitable for her closed off world. Or maybe she doesn't believe in Kaiki's word because right before he relayed the false information to her he said don't trust words. Either way, Kaiki's best course of action at this point would be to say, "I bit my tongue" (like Hachikuji) and hope for the best.
Dec 24, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
Malkuth said:
hpulley said:

And let's keep it that way here ;)

But can you PM me what the hell is in that damn closet, please!...
Done!

And if Shaft skips anything important which confirms or denies any of the guesses here, I'll post them on Saturday. For now I will neither confirm nor deny that people have guessed correctly ;-)
Dec 24, 2013 10:46 AM

Feb 2008
I literally just said "Oh shit" as that ended.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 24, 2013 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
It seems it was hinted that Kaiki might have lingering feelings for Senjougahara or it's just me overthinking things.
Dec 24, 2013 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
That was quite an "oh shit" ending. I can't wait for next week.
Dec 24, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Even Nadeko should know it would take more than a traffic accident to kill off Araragi, she's beaten him up to pulp multiple times already...is what I immediately thought when Kaiki first mentioned the plan.

Can't wait for the finale!
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Dec 24, 2013 9:16 PM
May 2012
Kaiki's clear mistake was in assuming Nadeko actually cares about Araragi and Senjougahara. Hanekawa even spelled it out for him in their conversation, Nadeko is interested in nobody but herself. The whole Araragi debacle is something she's just telling herself. The whole issue has always been that Nadeko wants someone to treat her like the scum she sees herself as.

Kaiki likely would have realized this easily if he was acting like himself. But his obvious feelings for Senjougahara made him focus on that aspect and blinded him.
Dec 24, 2013 10:14 PM

Mar 2010
crazydom said:
The whole issue has always been that Nadeko wants someone to treat her like the scum she sees herself as.

Not true. That is your personal opinion and you guessed it wrong.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

418 by SouthRzVa »»
May 25, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2013

296 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 24, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Barion-Zara - Nov 8, 2013

122 by SouthRzVa »»
May 23, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

434 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 23, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

212 by eblf2013 »»
May 22, 3:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.