Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 22, 5:27 AM
Jul 2021
Emotional for giyu loved character developement
May 22, 3:31 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Poor Giyu, despite totally worthy of being a Hashira he had overwhelming guilt due to Sabito's death but thankfully Tanjiro's persistence finally motivated him back on track ^.^

Great episode overall :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 22, 4:27 PM

Feb 2018
Been a while since I read the manga so a little hazy around this part, wasn't expecting it to get emotional so soon.
May 22, 5:29 PM

Jan 2009
giyu got survivors guilt going on
May 22, 7:29 PM

Apr 2022
I Really liked the reveal of Giyuu's rough past. It really helped with explaining why he's been so distant.

~ Just thinking out loud here ~

Shinobu's rage moment made me laugh so hard lmaoo!

Also, their interaction during this scene was too wholesome 🥹

May 22, 11:38 PM
Jul 2017
Funny and emotional at the same time, I love Giyu <3
May 23, 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
There is this very old movie called "What About Bob?" and the plot is basically what Tanjiro did to Giyu this episode.
May 23, 4:12 AM
Apr 2020
Such a peaceful yet exciting episode
May 23, 9:10 AM
Jan 2024
I'm qgain in love with the animation. God I can stare at each scene for minutes. everything is so breathtaking.
May 23, 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Sabito had so much swag with that haori. Such a shame we couldn't enjoy more of his awesome character design.

So, is no one gonna say anything about how they totally ignored Makomo during all those flashbacks? I mean... she also helped you train, Tanjirou.
May 24, 1:31 AM
Apr 2024
tanjiro is cute omgggg

May 24, 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
At least that drama with Tomioka only lasted one episode
May 24, 10:11 AM
May 2024
i love this series
May 24, 1:57 PM
Aug 2021
I liked the premise of the episode, but I don't like how we just built up SOME tension & tried to feel something, only to break the suspense kn MCU fashion of throwing around quirky scenarios or trying to make jokes. Also, this episode was more tell, not show.
May 24, 10:19 PM
Jun 2023
incredible.XDXD
May 25, 4:14 AM
May 2021
tragic sigma backstory w tanjiro for the persistent. ending song is aight
May 25, 8:59 AM
Dec 2023
I think demon slayer is becoming wired.
May 25, 10:37 AM

Apr 2008
Tanjiro pestering Giyu was killing me. Is he going to keep this up for the rest of my life?...yes, yes he will😂...Giyu isn't going to get rid of him that easily lol.
SevenMay 25, 10:47 AM
May 25, 10:47 AM
Dec 2014
best anime in this season
May 25, 6:39 PM
Jul 2017
trash plot with trash episode. it is supposed to be a climactic moment of growth for the water hashira, but it's a flaccid revelation that we guessed at early lmao

just show us epic fighting
May 26, 1:21 AM

May 2009
Gonpachiro is such good boi

May 26, 9:27 AM
Sep 2021
Giyu's backstory was good & nice to see him get screen time after S1. Excited for more such plots.
May 26, 11:06 AM
Jun 2023
Im literally Giyu
May 26, 3:12 PM
Jun 2023
I thought this episode was alright, but I'm also glad there was a slight recap at the beginning with the Master's crow. Giyu isn't really a favorite Hashira of mine, but finding out his backstory was interesting. I thought it was cool how Giyu knew Sabito, and I always wondered why Sabito was a ghost. Also I didn't realize the girl with Sabito who trained Tanjiro to cut the boulder back in season 1 was Giyu's sister!

I'm really interested to see what Shinobu is forcing a fake smile for. I know something that happens because I got spoiled, but it's still intriguing. She is one of my favorite characters.

Also I guess Giyu cut Sabito and his sister's cloaks and stitched them together? That's cool
May 26, 3:28 PM
Oct 2023
Giyu backstory (best hashira) really nice to see this animated. really funny episode while also giving us a very important insight into Giyus character. Him wearing the cape with the colours of Sabito and his sister is really sweet and sad also
May 27, 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
KnY is officially BACK, and the animation is an absolute Full Course Meal fpt RSVK; Sasuga UFOTABLE...
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
May 28, 10:55 AM

May 2021
Kinda enjoyed Tanjiro pestering the hell out of Giyu. So much so that one sentence was enough to snap Giyu out of his slump. Just Demon Slayer things.

May 29, 9:30 AM
May 2024
Weren't they already on a mutual relationship?
May 29, 9:34 AM
May 2024
All this backstory into Giyu and Sabito Bd by reference Tanjiro's training with Urokodaki. But no mention of how much of a gut punch must Sabito's death meant for Urokodaki.
Jun 2, 2:13 PM

Oct 2019
I watched the first 2 episodes more than a month ago at a Greek cinema, falsely advertised to suggest it was going to be half the season or so.

The first 3/4 were edited scenes from the previous season... 💢
We were played, though I should have known better... 💢
Jun 2, 4:43 PM
Apr 2021
Nice episode tbh we got to see more of Tokioka’s past and why he’s so silent and distant from everyone it’s bc bros got survivors guilt from Sabito dying and his sister dying as well I feel bad for bro but thankfully we got our ball of sunshine Tanjiro is here to cheer our bro up and his efforts didn’t fail at all at making Giyuu join the Hashira training program😇😇😇

Yo Shinobu lowkey is STACKED asf I didn’t even realized until that close up of her sitting down fixing her outfit, I need her so badly fr fr😩😭
Jun 6, 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
Changing Giyu heart that easy... Hmm....
If someone bothers me like what Tanjiro does to Giyu, I'm also be like Giyu... Silent but actually stressed. LOL.

It's funny when Shinobu is actually short temper since the beginning but she's hiding them with the smile after her sister death.

The OP song is okay.. But the ED song is weird.... Sure Hyde singing voice are amazing... But the song.... it's.... weird... like gibberish or something...

Jun 7, 8:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Been a very long while since season one started out, but this episode really took its sweet time remembering those moment. Sabito and Giyuu have some fine story behind. Bit weird having to see Giyuu down time and feel of insecurity actually coming from his disremembering situation of the old talk with his old friend, Sabito. About the death of his old sis. About how you pass on the will of fire....

Enough with the laziness, Giyuu will come joining right into the hashira training ground as well!

Now since Lady Tamayo is on the way to gives a helping hand, planning a joint collaboration research with my poison master hottie, Shinobu Kochou. She also in dire need to share some of her background story as well? Been a while i am curious to know her more, so this is a very good time to learn the store of her life!

Op once again feels good, but the ed once more sounds underwhelming. Hoping it to adapt well into my ears then....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 9, 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Tamayo receiving information from Kagaya's messenger about Shinobu, and the Hashiras needing her help to defeat Muzan, this may be her last chance at redemption to prove herself useful to the Demon Slayer Corps.

Tanjiro being given an ultimatum to help Tomioka regain his confidence, and he would pursue to get his attention no matter what. Frm someone who wants Tanjiro to succeed as the Water Hashira, to then only be disappointed at him, Tomioka may have forsaken Tanjiro, but the latter is quite the pushy and persistent person enough for the former to start talking....about his past.

Tomioka's past with another candidate for the Final Selection, Sabito, they were the best of pals being in the same Water Breathing power realm. But where one survived, the other died, and Tomioka was given the position despite not having killed a demon. And Tanjiro also having been trained by Sabito too, he realizes how important both guys are to each other, as much as the power to protect is learnt through Rengoku. This is something that Tomioka learnt the hard way through Sabito, and the marriage of his sister Tsutako, it really hit him hard...and there goes Tanjiro thinking about stuff like speed eating contests and such.

There's something weird about Shinobu, though Kanao does want to train more under her, and revealing how to kill the demon that killed her older sister Kanae. OK...
Jun 9, 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
Giyu san Giyu san Giyu san, chill Tanjiro. Sad story for Giyu, he was looking down yes but on himself and not others. Great guy and hopefully he'll start co operating with the others more now. Shinobu being pissed off lol, always love Hayamin's voice on such moments. But it's already time for that huh. Shinobu revealing how to kill the demon.
Jun 16, 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
Mostly just some background story of Giyu, aside from that not much happened.
Jun 16, 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
That ending song commanded my attention. It's something.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 16, 11:21 PM
May 2024
It was okay, I mean we don't even know the hashiras well but this arc will be having a lot of good information about them~ 💯🌠
Jun 24, 6:21 AM
Jun 2017
Our Sabito is a CHAD even if he's already been long dead all along!
Jul 4, 5:21 AM
Mar 2020
I loved the backstory behing Giyu
Jul 5, 7:12 AM
Nov 2021
Do we really have to comment in every single ep
Jul 6, 12:27 PM

Mar 2010
finished in a blink of an eye and damn yea we gotta carry dat weight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 9:40 AM

Jan 2022
2 minutes of filler at the start...nice.

It is indeed hard to be in a bad mood on a full stomach. This was a quick episode! I'm happy Tanjiro was able to get through Giyu. The master was right in selecting Tanjiro to talk to Giyu since they've been through the same experience.
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 8, 10:25 PM
Oct 2019
so much exposition through 2 episodes thus far
Jul 15, 3:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Doesn't matter how many times, but a "don't let their death be in vain" scene will always get me in the feels.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 16, 10:05 AM
Oct 2022
Not this episode already making me emotional
Jul 16, 4:45 PM
Aug 2021
Oh, okay, so this season is basically providing explanations for everything that has happened so far while training up the Demon Slayer Corps soldiers. I didn't expect to see Sabito again. I wouldn't have guessed that Giyu and Sabito were friends. I didn't realize Sabito was that strong; he must have had a natural aptitude for being a swordsman but lacked Tanjiro's overall strength.

It's cool that we're learning about all the Hashira and their pasts. I'm relieved that Tanjiro's words got through to Giyu.
Jul 18, 9:50 PM
Mar 2024
the animation was crisp as always. Felt like there could have been a bit more action sequences but the ending made up for it
Jul 18, 9:51 PM
Mar 2024
the animation was crisp as always. Felt like there could have been a bit more action sequences but the ending made up for it
Jul 30, 1:56 AM

Feb 2021
Kind of padding out the time here I see. Had a lot of dragged on moments.

Giyuu's backstory is here
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

538 by Eluko-chan »»
Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

126 by k-angel »»
Sep 19, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

225 by Ashhk »»
Sep 12, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

161 by Ashhk »»
Sep 11, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.