Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 26, 7:47 AM

Dec 2021
And thus begins the part where we add filler, considering this is a nine-chapter arc, after all.

After fully recovering, Tanjiro joins the Hashira Training, feeling happier than the others about being able to participate. Tengen warmly greets his former companion and is impressed to hear that Tanjiro has slain another Upper Rank demon. He then orders Tanjiro to run, which Tanjiro does gleefully. Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma also greet the Demon Slayer as they distribute food. Ten days later, Tanjiro successfully completes the stamina training and is granted permission to advance to the next stage.

This is the issue when you dedicate an entire season to an arc that's less than 10 chapters long and then adapt four of those chapters in the first episode just to meet the 40-minute runtime expectation. You end up with filler. There's no other way to put it; this is filler, plain and simple. Barely any progress was made in this episode. I don't understand why this couldn't have been a movie or even an OVA; it would have worked better.

How they'll stretch out this arc for five more episodes is anyone's guess, but we'll have to wait and see.

May 26, 7:47 AM

May 2020
Basic training stuff all around, I mean this whole arc revolves around that after all, but yeah, I don’t think training these NPC’s would help them in any way, as in the end it’ll be Tanjiro and co. who would take the spotlight:) I can be wrong as it’s been long enough since I last read this part, but I think they’re really extending the contents here. Adding additional bits here and there, which tbh, would only bear any payoff when we’ll reach the last episode here, or maybe not.

This was about training, but to think we’d have to see characters doing the most basic daily stuff out there just because the TV slot allotted is 30 mins long… is actually boring to say the least lol. Thought we’d see other hashiras this episode with their training bits but nah, we needed to once again affirm the fact that Tanjiro has indeed fought an upper moon and is on equal footing with Uzui now. FUCK.
May 26, 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
Who would have ever thought that a training arc would be about people training? That’s crazy
May 26, 9:45 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Xenocrisi
Who would have ever thought that a training arc would be about people training? That’s crazy
@Xenocrisi that doesn't make it good tho, a seasonal anime like demon slayer that heavily relies on the action and the animation, shouldn't emphasize on random filler for a training arc, I believe it would've been better if they just made this season into a movie or tie it to the infinity castle arc like jjk did with hidden inventory and shibuya incident
May 26, 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
By the way the contents of this episode were covered in 1.3 pages in the manga. I'm fully expecting them to make every following episode about training under a single pillar.
Chipp12May 26, 10:39 AM
May 26, 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
There's such a large gap between normal slayers and hashira, and the gap can't be narrowed by training. I just want to see someone with a normal background becomes hashira.
May 26, 10:13 AM
Aug 2022
"To you who is ignorant of what eternity means" I really feel like the opening song is from Kagaya's perspective towards Muzan. If you know what I'm referring to.

Props to ufotable tho, They could have just left all this original content out and instead they could have added the hashira training arc alongside the next arc for season 4 instead and released it a few years later,

But instead they gave us a whole season for hashira training and a bunch of original content which I love.
Phantom_373May 26, 10:41 AM
May 26, 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
Lovely to see Tengen and her wives again, that bit at the end with him proclaiming his love was extra cute.
May 26, 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
Uzui in this arc reminds me a lot of Rengoku in some ways. I'm really enjoying the training so far. It's great to see more of the Hashiras and their personalities.

Muichiro is next!
May 26, 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
i can't believe manga readers are complaining about the added content. aren't you glad there's more demon slayer? i for one am happy about them. this is the arc where i felt that the manga was rushing to get to the final arc. the bonus content helps in building character relationships and development which i found lacking in the later chapters. in this episode alone we got to see sanemi and iguro's friendship, more giyuu and tanjiro and tengen's feelings after retirement. i wanted to see these kind of moments in the manga.
May 26, 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
At this point the Corps members are being trained for support purposes for the Hashiras and main characters because most of these guys would probably have trouble against even a Lower Moon, so forget them lasting even just 5 seconds against an Upper Moon 💀 they're all in good physical shape too with 6 pack abs so it's funny to see them having trouble with sit-up and endurance drills. Then again this is clearly more intense than anything they've undergone up to this point, and these guys probably just do basic patrol and low-level missions so they don't have crazy amounts of experience under their belts.

Also, it's interesting how there are no women amongst the general Corps members, clearly the Demon Slayer Corps isn't male-only since you have Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Kanao. Then again it's probably easier to draw a bunch of generic-looking males whose designs are slightly tweaked from one to the next, than to also have to come up with distinct female designs. Idk lol. Also maybe the optics wouldn't look as good, having Tengen also beating female trainees with his wooden sword 💀

I know people aren't enthused about this arc getting its own season but I'm glad they're adding more anime-original content to flesh things out and address things that were absent from the manga. I figured from the moment we found out this arc was getting its own season that they would do that and that there would be complaints about it, and believe me, I was hoping to get through this arc quickly so we can get to the real good stuff, but if this is how they're gonna handle things then we might as well appreciate the extra content. Because without it, I guarantee people would still complain that we rushed through everything without giving us time to care about any of the supporting characters lol.
thebrentinator24May 26, 10:47 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 26, 10:40 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to IzanaSolos
And thus begins the part where we add filler, considering this is a nine-chapter arc, after all.

After fully recovering, Tanjiro joins the Hashira Training, feeling happier than the others about being able to participate. Tengen warmly greets his former companion and is impressed to hear that Tanjiro has slain another Upper Rank demon. He then orders Tanjiro to run, which Tanjiro does gleefully. Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma also greet the Demon Slayer as they distribute food. Ten days later, Tanjiro successfully completes the stamina training and is granted permission to advance to the next stage.

This is the issue when you dedicate an entire season to an arc that's less than 10 chapters long and then adapt four of those chapters in the first episode just to meet the 40-minute runtime expectation. You end up with filler. There's no other way to put it; this is filler, plain and simple. Barely any progress was made in this episode. I don't understand why this couldn't have been a movie or even an OVA; it would have worked better.

How they'll stretch out this arc for five more episodes is anyone's guess, but we'll have to wait and see.
@IzanaSolos I Mean they clearly skip Tengen training in manga and this better for to Polish the other slayer for that final arc so we care more about them which I love. Other then just follow the manga where its skip after not seen Tengen for so long.
May 26, 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Xenocrisi
@Xenocrisi yeah, Ufotable clearly do this cuz the manga moving to fast in training arc so I like that they do this to make US care for them other slayer in the later arc.
May 26, 10:45 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to LucisCael
@Xenocrisi that doesn't make it good tho, a seasonal anime like demon slayer that heavily relies on the action and the animation, shouldn't emphasize on random filler for a training arc, I believe it would've been better if they just made this season into a movie or tie it to the infinity castle arc like jjk did with hidden inventory and shibuya incident
@LucisCael but they're care for their characterers thats why Ufotable did this, not spoiler cuz we already watched it. Tengen part litterary skip just like that and After not seen Tengen for so long they want to make a training around that which is better especially for other npc slayer for the other arc later on.
May 26, 10:48 AM
Dec 2020
May 26, 10:50 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to avengernin
i can't believe manga readers are complaining about the added content. aren't you glad there's more demon slayer? i for one am happy about them. this is the arc where i felt that the manga was rushing to get to the final arc. the bonus content helps in building character relationships and development which i found lacking in the later chapters. in this episode alone we got to see sanemi and iguro's friendship, more giyuu and tanjiro and tengen's feelings after retirement. i wanted to see these kind of moments in the manga.
@avengernin yeah they complained cuz they just want action fast. Ufotable knew this thats why they make this HTA cuz the manga rush the training and characterers development lol.
May 26, 10:52 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to thebrentinator24
At this point the Corps members are being trained for support purposes for the Hashiras and main characters because most of these guys would probably have trouble against even a Lower Moon, so forget them lasting even just 5 seconds against an Upper Moon 💀 they're all in good physical shape too with 6 pack abs so it's funny to see them having trouble with sit-up and endurance drills. Then again this is clearly more intense than anything they've undergone up to this point, and these guys probably just do basic patrol and low-level missions so they don't have crazy amounts of experience under their belts.

Also, it's interesting how there are no women amongst the general Corps members, clearly the Demon Slayer Corps isn't male-only since you have Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Kanao. Then again it's probably easier to draw a bunch of generic-looking males whose designs are slightly tweaked from one to the next, than to also have to come up with distinct female designs. Idk lol. Also maybe the optics wouldn't look as good, having Tengen also beating female trainees with his wooden sword 💀

I know people aren't enthused about this arc getting its own season but I'm glad they're adding more anime-original content to flesh things out and address things that were absent from the manga. I figured from the moment we found out this arc was getting its own season that they would do that and that there would be complaints about it, and believe me, I was hoping to get through this arc quickly so we can get to the real good stuff, but if this is how they're gonna handle things then we might as well appreciate the extra content. Because without it, I guarantee people would still complain that we rushed through everything without giving us time to care about any of the supporting characters lol.
@thebrentinator24 well said my men.
May 26, 10:59 AM

Jan 2011
too much screentime for the training of characters that dont even have a name an that will most likelly die the second an Upper Moon shows up
May 26, 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
avengernin said:

As a manga reader, in my opinion this arc is actually better than it was in the manga, but all of the Demon Slayer so far is better than in the manga, so that's not really saying much. We came with low expectations, because this is a breather arc and (as Obanai even said) "calm before the storm", yet Ufotable is still cooking hard.

May 26, 11:06 AM
Jan 2018
I'm glad to see Tengen again. That guy is still my fav character in this anime. I do like that they don't do the MHA thing where you can lose body parts and keep doing your thing. Unless of course you have MC plot armor.

Tanjiro definitely embodied kid Goku in this episode. I don't know about the next episodes as I am anime only, but I'm interested in what happens next.

I enjoy a good training arc, and right now this anime feels like it could be a 9, but lets wait and see. At the very least, I'm enjoying it more than the last season so far.
May 26, 11:08 AM
Dec 2022
they somehow managed to stretch tengens training for an entire episode when it should've only been 10 minutes MAX.
May 26, 11:20 AM

Feb 2020
Another week of training arc

Lesgooo
May 26, 11:27 AM

May 2015
Swoljiro is op~! plz nerf!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 26, 11:36 AM
Jul 2012
A great cooldown episode featuring the flashiest (ex)Hashira. It's so funny how Tengen still dwarfs Tanjiro.
May 26, 11:43 AM
Oct 2016
Tanjiro has joined the Hashira training! Now fully recovered from his injuries at the swordsmith village Tanjiro can participate in this training. Heading right to Uzui training course as soon as he could. This episode was actually pretty much all anime original, they took a few pages from the manga to expand for this episode. I'm really glad they added all this content, it shows more of not only Uzui and his wives but more of the other regular demon slayers training. The ones in the background we normally don't see much of are even trying their best because they recognize that Tanjiro and the Hashira are their only hope for beating the upper rank demons and Muzan himself. They all went through grueling training with Uzui but are determined to support the higher ups as much as they can. Tanjiro facing Uzui in the forest at looked really cool, I'm glad that Tanjiro could get some intense training with Uzui. The conversation with Iguro and Sanemi was interesting, discussing how they fell into the infinity castle and all the demons disappeared inside. I hope we see them spar later this season too. Tanjiro done with his training at Uzui now heads to Muichiro for his training.
May 26, 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tengen and his wives. The man won jn life.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 2021
This episode was all about Tanjiro & the other slayers, receiving Tengen's training & his guidance. Also, a sinister eye watches the slayers, unknowing to them. Things are just beginning.

Jan 2015
I like how everyone basically regards Tanjiro as Hashira level unofficially and that guy. I hope to see Tengen hop out of retirement if needed for the battles to come, the Demon Slayer Corp will need it!
May 26, 11:57 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good Training episode, now we need more!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 26, 12:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Training master sure is a role that suits Uzui. Tanjiro's motivation is damm impressive for sure. The night training drill at the mountain was pretty well thought out. And the bout between Tanjiro and Uzui was pretty impressive. More important than victory was the fact that it completly turned things round for the corp members morale wise. Now to see how well Tanjiro fares with his first harshira session.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
The original content is actually pretty good and well added. I mean this training is necessary. We don't need to rush to the next arc so quickly since Ufotable will probably take a lot of time to animate it. The longer this season goes, the less time we have to wait for the next season.
Anyways, every visual now looks stunning. It has this calm and relaxing atmosphere to it which is perfect for this arc. Ufotable are doing an amazing job at handling the background.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 26, 12:37 PM
May 2017
Wow. That was 2 minutes of Non Filler! 😂
May 26, 12:41 PM

Nov 2023
Basic and filler episode.

But Tanjro made some good development.

Also sound hashira and many other minor cast having a screen time was great.

Overall, good timepass episode with great animation.
May 26, 1:04 PM

Jun 2019
The training is going at full pace and there are still some demons on the loose. But, everyone is doing their best to help the Hashiras in the real battle. Even if they're not up to the task, they're trying which is what matters. Tanjiro is the best one but even he can struggle against strong opponents. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 26, 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
Glad Tanjiro gave his first group motivation. I thought for sure some of them would quit.

I wonder where the 4th's eyeball is and why Tengen, Tanjiro, nor any of the wives picked up it's trace. Unless, of course, it was just looking for Nezuko.

Do we know if Inosuke & Zenitsu are training with other Hashira?
May 26, 1:18 PM
Sep 2023
Finally some training!
This episode was kinda emotional.
May 26, 1:24 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to Animeflow
I like how everyone basically regards Tanjiro as Hashira level unofficially and that guy. I hope to see Tengen hop out of retirement if needed for the battles to come, the Demon Slayer Corp will need it!
@Animeflow We have the same hope. I am hoping Rengoku Shinjuro sobered up after Kyojuro's death and that he, Tengen, and any other retired Hashira we may not know will join in.
May 26, 1:39 PM

Oct 2016
Not much happened in this episode. I guess I shouldn’t be expecting much since it’s supposed to be a training arc, but it was still enjoyable. It does look like we are setting up to fight another upper moon too. Let’s see what next week has to offer. (7/10)
May 26, 1:53 PM

Jul 2023
I don't remember the trianing with Tengen being that extensive in the manga. If it's new anime original content, then I'm all for it. This season wouldn't be able to fill 8 episodes without it.
Tengen declaring his love for his wives at the end was adorable. Love this man.
May 26, 2:39 PM
Jan 2022
As far as filler goes, that was pretty good. Jujutsu Kaisen would massively profit from these kinds of episodes.
May 26, 3:23 PM
Jul 2015
Well i liked it. It’s was nice material to have “filler” on. It’s a short arc, so I really liked the episode. I had nothing to pluck on ❤️
May 26, 3:25 PM
Jul 2015
Phantom_373 said:
"To you who is ignorant of what eternity means" I really feel like the opening song is from Kagaya's perspective towards Muzan. If you know what I'm referring to.

Props to ufotable tho, They could have just left all this original content out and instead they could have added the hashira training arc alongside the next arc for season 4 instead and released it a few years later,

But instead they gave us a whole season for hashira training and a bunch of original content which I love.

Really good insight here. I’m glad they chose to do it this way.
May 26, 3:31 PM
Oct 2023
this episode was pretty much just anime only this wasnt in the manga. Nice to see Uzui still having strength. pretty good episode but idk i feel like some of these added scenes are just a drag, but i still like them.
May 26, 3:42 PM
Jul 2016
We're watching NPCs get trained..............
May 26, 3:52 PM
Oct 2019
what a good episode, I miss Uzui, beautiful wonderful
May 26, 3:57 PM
May 2023
I have a question. Didn’t tanjiro kill upper moon 6 in the entertainment district arc as well? Why did Uzui make it sound like he survived an upper move for the first time?
May 26, 4:04 PM

Mar 2018
What a snoozer of an episode lol, entirely skippable. And how come every single demon slayer that’s not a hashira is a 16 year old boy?
May 26, 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
I have a question. Didn’t tanjiro kill upper moon 6 in the entertainment district arc as well? Why did Uzui make it sound like he survived an upper move for the first time?
@SenshadouOtaku Because it is filler
May 26, 4:39 PM

Jun 2023
A fun episode~~~~
May 26, 5:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
These episodes go by way too fast man, feels like the moment I’m excited to watch Demon Slayer, I’m already out of Demon Slayer lol. And this was quite the fun episode, Tanjiro was a god among men during Uzui’s training, a well oiled machine, an unstoppable force, the man is on a different plane of existence compared to those scrubs lol. But Tanjiro didn’t just flex on everyone, he also inspired them all after his fight against a one-armed Uzui, really loved that moment, it felt like they weren’t just a bunch of randos, but instead one complete demon slaying unit. But with that, Tanjiro is moving on to the next teacher, being Tokito, I’m interested in seeing what his training is about.

I will miss Uzui and his wives tho, can’t get enough of those beautiful babes and Uzui is a good lad. And there were some other notable moments in this episode, like when those two demon slayers were goofing while doing night patrol which revealed that there is another upper rank demon around, perhaps keeping tabs on the training but I’m wondering if they’ll show their self eventually, those two lads got lucky tho lol. There was also the bit with Sanemi and Obanai recalling what they witnessed at the start of the season, I was wondering if they’d touch on that again, and it looks like the two of them are going to duel, not sure if we’ll get to see it but I’m sure that will be an epic fight.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Demon Slayer - 3 Movie Rumour For Infinity Castle

BigStinkAss69 - Yesterday

11 by Dragon456hon »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

147 by amlg »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

166 by Rachit10 »»
4 hours ago

» Bad management of Ufotable ( 1 2 )

OroficB06 - Jun 9

80 by deg »»
5 hours ago

» Would the season been better if it was a movie instead?

gyoobr - Yesterday

17 by Otaku_guru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.