Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 10, 2020 5:04 AM

Sep 2017
pretty interesting i guess
Apr 10, 2020 5:35 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
That arabic scene...
they got me xD
Apr 10, 2020 5:57 AM

Dec 2013
Oh wow. I am... surprised. I don't have any background with the source and I also haven't seen the teaser but I think this episode is pretty cool. Dayum, Daisuke is got a way tooooo much money XD The OP and ED songs were really good tho.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Mar 2012
This episode kept me wanting for more in the sense that the episode seemed pretty mediocre but it looks like it has potential. Waiting until episode 2 or 3 to know if I should drop it or not.
Apr 10, 2020 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
mlala said:
Bibimbapski said:
I love Miyano Mamoru's voice acting, he just has that "handsome guy" type of voice. He did voice Lelouch and Yagami Light after all.

Agreed, Mamoru is as handsome as his voice to boot. But did you mean another role instead of Lelouch? (Lelouch was voiced by Fukuyama Jun)

Oops I don't know why I accidentally typed Lelouch, I'm rewatching Code Geass now lol

I'll replace that with Osamu Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs instead
臭い-
Apr 10, 2020 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't hear of this show until yesterday when Twitter couldn't stop talking about Daisuke...

With that said, wow Daisuke is a jerk, but he's really HOT lol. I love the animation, very sleek.
Apr 10, 2020 6:51 AM
Aug 2019
This was an interesting start I like the old vibe of the show.
Op and ed are great. And damn does the mcs look good lol.

Apr 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
That episode was hilarious. Didn't expect that anime to be that good. First I thought it was just some bishounen and otome game adaption or something to cater to female fans. Didn't even plan on watching episode 1. Description sounded "okay" only.

Now with the good score on MAL and other shows being postponed I decided to give it a try. (Also saw it was noitaminA which I didn't realize earlier.) Great OP and ED.

And the main char is fun. He just buys everything and his AI butler seems to be able to do transactions in real time and even being able to control public services (traffic lights, bridges). Then the "I came, I saw, I sponsoered" - I guess that's how he got the job as detective.

I love that comedy. AOTS candidate together with the more serious showas Yesterday wo Utatte and Arte. Great season. Less showas but 3 great ones so far. (Previous season for me: Less showas ... barely 1 that was great.)
Apr 10, 2020 8:47 AM
Mar 2020
If this anime doesn’t get the attention it deserves I’m gonna riot
Apr 10, 2020 8:49 AM
Jan 2020
this episode was very good!! i love op and ed songs
Apr 10, 2020 8:52 AM

Jan 2012
What was that prince doing just driving around the city with no guards oO

Oh well found it pretty entertaining
Apr 10, 2020 9:08 AM
Apr 2020
definitely my top anime this season because it's just my type of genre. daisuke is a smug bastard and i love it. i also can't stop listening to the op and especially the ed
Apr 10, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
seldayoung said:
everyone and their aunts are talking about this on twitter lol

kuroneko99 said:
The show was absurd and boring.
I found a familiar name in the beginning of the OP credit. The author is a famous SF novelist known for "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo", "Portraits of Eight Families" and so on. As he also writes trash, we've got one of those this time.
idk, paprika is kinda good

matias067 said:
why is it shows produced by CloverWorks (same as FGO) always has low voice volume but the sound effects are staggering LOUD!?!?
yea the audio mix is absurdly bad idk why? whoever encoded the files maybe

annelora said:
Also, I have a feeling that this series will be heavily "yaoized" by people. Just a hunch, though.
it already is. and majority of twitter hates daisuke's fiance (the girl he holds in the OP) because it means it might be about a hetero pair LOLOL
MayukaApr 10, 2020 9:25 AM
Apr 10, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2015
Well ... Yakushiji Ryouko (about a female detective) was also based on a novel source from the same guy that is responsible for Legend of the Galactic Heroes. So ... not too unsual for authors to write different stuff.

And that wasn't bad and here it also isn't bad. (Though here it seems like the plot will be less relevant but more about comedy.)

Who cares about the female fans that have Yaoi fantasies - as long as the anime isn't doing anything to cater to those fans?

Feels more like this is going to be funny a lot. The millionare guy feels very out of place in the police. Almost as weird as Sakamoto in his school from Sakamoto desu ga.
Apr 10, 2020 10:11 AM
Jun 2016
I don't understand why so many people are complaining when only one episode is out so far. It seems very interesting and I hope that romance stuff is kept to a minimum. Characters have potential, the animation is smooth although I do admit that some parts are drawn out too long, and the ost is very catchy.
Apr 10, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2017
Well that was something. This series definitely doesn't take itself seriously. Not at all what I expected. Well it was kinda goofy and had some absurd stuff happen so I'll stick around for a bit. The gimmick is literally that dudes balance is unlimited so that's pretty memey.
Apr 10, 2020 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
opening was like a very bad ripoff of psycho pass opening scenes.... and I was cringing the whole time. I mean the animated part.

I guess I'll watch several more episodes before dropping. If I don't take it seriously and laugh my head off like I did it with this episode then maybe it won't be that bad.
-michira-Apr 11, 2020 1:40 AM
Apr 10, 2020 2:27 PM

Aug 2019
im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp im not a simp
Apr 10, 2020 2:47 PM
Jan 2020
I don't know what I expected before watching the first episode but boy that was awful.

The character design drew me in and although I know it's only been one episode all I can say is that this was a mess. Apart from the soundtracks, the ending song and the character design, everything was all over the place and unpleasing to watch. The first minutes left me confused and the rest of the episode left me wondering when it would finally end.

The pace was really awkward and so were the characters. Unfunny, bland, cliché. The main rich guy is hot, whatever you call it but has no charisma, has a shitty personality (though it feels like so far, his only personality trait is his money) and his voice actor did an awful job. It doesn't suit him. Yes it's his debut role but it really sounds off.

The plot.. Well the plot had potential but it somehow felt like they wasted it and narrated it in such a weird way that it felt like there were no plot, just random cops chasing teenagers who robbed a chocolate shop.

Of course it's just the first episode and I'm willing to give it a second chance next week but so far I'm just amazed at how people went over the anime itself to focus on the 2 mcs. No, hot anime boys don't make a good anime, sorry to break it down to you.
Apr 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Feb 2017
pretty interesting start. i'm curious to see where this goes from here

placeholder text
Apr 10, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
Wtf did I just watch, is this some kind of parody?
Apr 10, 2020 4:00 PM
Dec 2019
I'm super excited for this anime! Yugo Kanno is one of my favorite composers, so the soundtrack had me hyped up the entire time. I also love the art style, the color palette is really cool :).
Apr 10, 2020 4:04 PM

Apr 2020
Okay then, pretty funny police comedy with a lot of big dick energy.
--------------------------------
Apr 10, 2020 4:33 PM

Mar 2018
Pretty interesting start. This gives me Spy x Family vives. Looking forward to this.
Apr 10, 2020 4:40 PM
Mar 2018
It was interesting, but the best thing (for me) about the anime was the ending song, I'm addicted.
Apr 10, 2020 6:12 PM

Mar 2019
This is the one show i expected nothing...

And i ended liking the first episode...

Lets see how it goes...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 10, 2020 6:23 PM

Apr 2015
thepath said:
Good episode

However, when the MC spoke arabic I barely understood why he said. Japanese voice actors are so horrible when they speak other languages

Actually, it was pretty good attempt, coming from a native speaker. I understood everyone speaking Arabic without subtitles.

Apr 10, 2020 9:08 PM
Feb 2020
I'm curious about how the dynamic between Haru and Daisuke will be and how it will change through the series. Although Daisuke is very suave, he also gives off arrogant vibes which I think Haru will need time to get used to or get over if they want to get work done. But the first episode has gotten me interested, so I'm excited to see what's going to happen next.
Apr 10, 2020 9:30 PM

Feb 2014
This show gives the cool Sakamoto vibe on a rather normal? note.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 10, 2020 10:47 PM

Oct 2015
This show has style
Apr 10, 2020 11:37 PM

Sep 2018
You know what... That girl is sooooooooooooo stupid!! How can you forgive a guy who left you to save his self???!!! Duh!!!!! Stupidddddddd!!!!

Daisuke is so cool!!!!! He reminds me of Kageyama ❤️ I like the gray hair guy too ❤️ I ship them hahahah
Apr 10, 2020 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
Yet another mystery/detective anime. We'll see if this can stand out from the rest. Music's excellent though.
Apr 11, 2020 12:02 AM

Aug 2015
That was a really fun first episode. The OP was great, both the song and the animation.

Daisuke is like.... Bruce Wayne without the Batman alter-ego? Or maybe Bond. I don't know how his bank balance is unlimited or if it will ever be explained, but it's a fun gimmick. If he does nothing but be a smug bastard and rack up as much damage and fees as possible for the whole show, I'll still enjoy it.
Apr 11, 2020 12:21 AM
Jan 2020
jTiKey said:
Giving a character unlimited money is making things very boring. Buying yourself out of everything is an easy way out of every issue the character has. Even if the animation and music is good, the plot is very plain. Nice package, bad product.

Also, they try very hard to show that the main characters are hetero. While still queerbating the shit out of them.

I think you will be surprised. It would be foolish for the story to not toy with the idea that money can't buy everything. That will most likely end up being a key element to the evolution of the story.
Apr 11, 2020 2:29 AM

Nov 2018
That was okay. You can tell this show is trying to appeal to a wide audience. I'll give it a couple more episodes.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Apr 11, 2020 4:32 AM

Feb 2017
This was more entertaining than I thought it would be. I usually don't like characters like Daisuke, but he seems interesting.
Apr 11, 2020 4:56 AM
Apr 2019
wow this anime has broke into internet.
Will watch it after this season
Apr 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit lmao now this was some high class start. Keep the change lol which was twice of the original price and only 700 million.
Apr 11, 2020 6:56 AM
Oct 2010
Saleenseven said:
stealing his car was not cool. not sure why people enjoy a show with asshole characters
AyumiVk said:
dont know how most people are fangirling over daisuke when haru is right there

I like Haru more so far. Daisuke is kind of annoying, though it's still the first episode so I'll hold out my opinions. But it's an interesting anime. (3/5)
Apr 11, 2020 7:05 AM
Oct 2010
Mayuka said:
seldayoung said:

kuroneko99 said:
The show was absurd and boring.
I found a familiar name in the beginning of the OP credit. The author is a famous SF novelist known for "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo", "Portraits of Eight Families" and so on. As he also writes trash, we've got one of those this time.

matias067 said:
why is it shows produced by CloverWorks (same as FGO) always has low voice volume but the sound effects are staggering LOUD!?!?

annelora said:
Also, I have a feeling that this series will be heavily "yaoized" by people. Just a hunch, though.
it already is. and majority of twitter hates daisuke's fiance (the girl he holds in the OP) because it means it might be about a hetero pair LOLOL

Ugh. It's beyond ridiculous to hate on a girl character just cause she's viewed as an obstacle to their ship. I'm getting flashbacks of a Fandom that thrashed a real person just cause her role kissed one of the guys of said Fandom's ship. Also, going as far as complaining for the "Queerbaiting" is both hilarious and stupid when it never said anything like that. Talk about being misogynistic and heterophobic. 🙄
Apr 11, 2020 7:12 AM
Oct 2010
amekitsu said:
I don't know what I expected before watching the first episode but boy that was awful.

The character design drew me in and although I know it's only been one episode all I can say is that this was a mess. Apart from the soundtracks, the ending song and the character design, everything was all over the place and unpleasing to watch. The first minutes left me confused and the rest of the episode left me wondering when it would finally end.

The pace was really awkward and so were the characters. Unfunny, bland, cliché. The main rich guy is hot, whatever you call it but has no charisma, has a shitty personality (though it feels like so far, his only personality trait is his money) and his voice actor did an awful job. It doesn't suit him. Yes it's his debut role but it really sounds off.

The plot.. Well the plot had potential but it somehow felt like they wasted it and narrated it in such a weird way that it felt like there were no plot, just random cops chasing teenagers who robbed a chocolate shop.

Of course it's just the first episode and I'm willing to give it a second chance next week but so far I'm just amazed at how people went over the anime itself to focus on the 2 mcs. No, hot anime boys don't make a good anime, sorry to break it down to you.
amekitsu said:

Tbh, I think calling it the best Anime of the season or even calling Daisuke the best lead is an overstatement. It got its audience because of how much horndogs there are over that one character. The other main, Haru, doesn't seem to be that recognized except for a "BL partner" which concludes Fujodanshis are also hyping the show. It's still the first episode yeah and it's getting some criticisms out but let's face the reality that most of the fans came for a douchebag of a rich guy (1st impression) and hoped this has an underlying Yaoi/BL plot.
Apr 11, 2020 7:31 AM
Jan 2020
Usugatayou said:
amekitsu said:

amekitsu said:

Tbh, I think calling it the best Anime of the season or even calling Daisuke the best lead is an overstatement. It got its audience because of how much horndogs there are over that one character. The other main, Haru, doesn't seem to be that recognized except for a "BL partner" which concludes Fujodanshis are also hyping the show. It's still the first episode yeah and it's getting some criticisms out but let's face the reality that most of the fans came for a douchebag of a rich guy (1st impression) and hoped this has an underlying Yaoi/BL plot.

I agree. This anime is mainly hyped because the 2 mcs are "hot/cute" and people ship them over well... Nothing because all that is going on between them are hate and scorn. The only thing people can praise this anime for is the character design which again, is nice but not enough to make it a good anime. We'll have to see how it goes next week but so far I find this anime really disappointing and bad overall.
Apr 11, 2020 7:41 AM

Jun 2015
Well that was super random. Wonder where this show will go
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 11, 2020 8:10 AM

Mar 2020
lemme hold a couple of billions fam
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 11, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2012
Usugatayou said:
Mayuka said:

Ugh. It's beyond ridiculous to hate on a girl character just cause she's viewed as an obstacle to their ship. I'm getting flashbacks of a Fandom that thrashed a real person just cause her role kissed one of the guys of said Fandom's ship. Also, going as far as complaining for the "Queerbaiting" is both hilarious and stupid when it never said anything like that. Talk about being misogynistic and heterophobic. 🙄
Yes lol, it's ridiculous. Twitter girls are all praying she is a sibling or something so she won't get in the way of their BL ship. It really shouldn't affect how people perceive this anime whether it has a homo or het ship because the story will be focused on this action/comedy stunt kind of thing it has going on. There has been NOTHING in this anime that hints at a pairing other than in the OP where Daisuke is holding the girl so...

It's weird because most of the BL shippers are all straight themselves and want to date Daisuke but hate if he is already engaged lol
Apr 11, 2020 8:42 AM

Oct 2010
It's the cheesiest thing ever and I love it. Daisuke even bought an introductory soundtrack for himself.
Apr 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
I watch the 1 ep. because of Mamoru Miyano, so I didn't had any expectations.
Maybe it early to judge the anime, but I think is gonna be a funny anime to watch ?
Apr 11, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2019
1.) mamoru king of versatility
2.) like everyone else, I too am simping over daisuke kambe
3.) well done cloverworks whewww can alr tell that this show will be one of my faves this season
Apr 11, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
Reminded me extremely of Copcraft but well 2 extremely different detectives are the archetype since Holmes and Watson. However, the visuals are far superior and the chracters more believable and functional. The little linguistic excourse into Arabic was unexpected and impressive. The humor was on point and fairly mature as well.

Definetly on my must watch list.
Apr 11, 2020 2:53 PM
Apr 2019
All the soundtrack from the opening to the ending is really catchy! I liked overall, but the plot is really mediocre.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

71 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.