Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 10, 2019 7:18 PM

Feb 2013
YumioSF said:
Nemesis16 said:

Asuna already dived. You all seem to forget that Underworld has time acceleration, so if she entered the system 20 min after the antagonists, she'll reach there days after them, so mid war. That of course isn't a spoiler, it was literally showed in the anime. XD

Yea. You're right. Thank you for reminding me of that. I almost forgot that XD

No problem my dude
Nov 10, 2019 9:00 PM

Jun 2019
Great episode.
I can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 10, 2019 10:05 PM
Oct 2017
Another awesome episode! Great animation and great buildup to the war!

Kirito is still protecting Alice even in the state he is in, love it.

Tiese and Ronie seeing Kirito and Eugeo (as a sword) for the first time since they left for the battle was sad. Glad Alice was there to cheer them up. Also when Tiese said that Eugeo spoke to her when she made contact with the sword.

I enjoyed the scene where Alice and Fanatio were talking about wanting to talk to Kirito but Alice didn't want her to see him because she is wearing makeup and is more feminine now.

The ending of this episode was so hype when they showed both sides all ready for the final load test to begin and the ending theme playing in the background made it even better!

"If you're awake, it won't matter if the enemy has thousands, or even tens of thousands." Loved this quote

I fall in love with Alice more and more with every episode. Shes a top tier waifu.

My Candies:
Nov 11, 2019 12:59 AM

May 2018
Alice is really a good girl... Finally the fight is going to happen, and it looks like Asuna is going to arrive anytime now.

Nov 11, 2019 1:00 AM
Jun 2017
Alice and kirito moment is my favorite part here... i have nothing else to say, just WATCH THAT PART....

and the FINAL LOAD TEST WILL BEGIN. YEAH
Nov 11, 2019 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
I hate to say this but that last part was grand epic!
ALICE is so precious!
Kirito so useless! even the 2 girl are now in charge on protecting him! lolz
5/5.

Nov 11, 2019 2:27 AM

Feb 2019
FullyCharged said:
Goddamnit Alice he didn't want the swords this time! /s

The Asuna wait goes on.

For now, let's get to the action next episode.

Superns18 said:
I don't get how the MAL ranking has dropped from 8.2 to 7.88, people rating 1's and 2's and doing reviews. If you hate SAO that much just don't watch it, man. We're 4 seasons in at this point, why bother yourself and hurt the score like that?

Read the top review for now, it's so full of delusion you can see why people are trying to brigade the score of this show xD

Dude it genuinely perplexes me, like it's been a decade, if you don't like SAO, just don't watch it
Nov 11, 2019 3:14 AM

Jan 2016
The ending gave me goosebumps! Except for the last episode, this season has been entertaining asf! Dunno why people who don't' like this even bother watching it just to give it a 1 or a 2, which happens to a lot of things here, *cough* FGO Babylonia *cough*

Some of the comments here just baffle me, some think it 's too much talking and nothing is happening while stuff is happening, just watch people complain about it being a nonstop battle because from here on out that's what it's gonna be for at least 15 episodes.
Nov 11, 2019 6:35 AM

Jul 2008
TrueDragonPrince said:
How long does it take for Asuna to show up? It's been too long already. The "Dark" madman had time to organise his pawns and put them in front of the gate. Asuna is taking too long to reveal herself.

For everyone else asking this question, it depends on the pacing. So here is a detailed answer to give you an exact idea based on the current pacing of how much of the LN each episode is covering, where we are at after the end of this episode, and how far that is away from Asuna’s entrance.

Nov 11, 2019 12:20 PM
Nov 2016
Just my goodness the music, the direction, the writing in this is going to be a challenge when it comes on Toonami and I am looking forward to it. I did cry for about 45 minutes as the battle looks to be intense and how it will affect outside of reality. There will be things that will get complicated especially already at episode 5 and will probably last for three more episode before it gets to the next climax. LOVE Ronie and Tiese and it will be something unique in Japanese to American translation especially since Kirito in the American version bluntly says rape to Alice and how it will be explained to Alice to the two ladies.
Nov 11, 2019 10:19 PM
Oct 2019
i fell in love with this anime. that’s what i have to say. i will cry at the end probably days. :(
Nov 11, 2019 10:21 PM
Oct 2019
also i’m curious who asuna will be at underworld. probably a king or smth like vector
Nov 12, 2019 12:45 AM

Dec 2014
everyone commenting on the episode and here i am, every time i hear the ending i get goosebumps XD
Nov 12, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
What happened to her eyepatch?
Nov 12, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2018
The season is good so far, unfortunately this being SAO, i'm just waiting to see how they are going to fuck it up in the end :(
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 12, 2019 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
ddrcrono said:
What happened to her eyepatch?

MAGIC!

srsly, magic happened, she healed it in the final of the last season.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 12, 2019 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
God I love ALICE! When the jealousy was shown after Fanatio wanted to see Kirito. So good. Her character development just keeps increasing. And it helps when she was confused as to what Kirito is to her. I think she's starting to understand now.

Man I really wish the other characters wouldn't enter the series but we'll probably see Asuna (unfortunately) in the next two episodes or so.

Kirito will wake up eventually and save Alice I hope.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 12, 2019 11:34 AM

Mar 2012
Is it just me or Lipia Zancale (the girl who died last episode when trying to kill the main bad guy) looks lke Fanatio ? I thought they were the same person until I put them side by side..
Nov 13, 2019 3:36 AM

Jun 2017
And so, the Final Load Test begins! They were able to portray the difference between the Sheer sizes of the two army, nice work, looks like it's going to be a massacre. I wonder how many Integrity Knights will die. Anyway, I can't wait for the next one, as always, this episode ends with a cliffhanger.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 13, 2019 2:58 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, final load test begins. Like the ED song accompanied in the scene at last part. To the next week

Nov 14, 2019 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The Final Load Test commences, with the outside force underwhelming against the Dark Territory.

Kirito is still comatose, but part of his will still protects Alice like the norm. He's isn't so much of an liability as the former Integrity Knight Commander Bernoculi made it out to be.

Didn't expect to see the trainees Tiese and Ronie at the grounds again, but the reality must've hit them super hard. It was just simply devastating after such a time that has passed. But as Kirito has showed Alice, she does the same to both of them.

Integrity Knight Vice Commander Fanatio is also back, but more feminine. Seems like she also harbours love for Kirito...yikes...???

But getting back into the action, it's gonna be a difficult task to oppress the forces of the Dark Territory if the Integrity Knights don't plan well. IT'S ALL-IN, DO OR DIE.

The Wall of Separation a.k.a. the Final Load Test is torn down...time for one of the biggest battles in the series YET! So hyped for next episode!
Nov 14, 2019 7:38 AM
Jul 2019
Am really happy with how this season turned out it's clearly one of the best this fall Alice is already one of my best sao character but asuna is they real deal can't wait till she make this big with her alicization appearance
Nov 15, 2019 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Am I the only person who thinks the soul sucking thing is obviously a form of sexual fetish. I mean if his arousal is dependent on, or is responsive to the act of assaulting an unconsenting person which he did and he is then IT IS a sexual assault fetish because he gains arousal only when he forcefully or without consent takes the soul of the victim. People get off to being wiped or sucking someone's foot and some get off to sucking souls apparently. Also isn't it weird how so far it has only been women souls he has forcefully taken and enjoyed or wants to take? I mean if it isn't sexual then I'm reading the wrong LN. This author has a history of showing sexual assault in his work and only took out the most graphic one which was actually rape from the web novel.
Nov 15, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
vanillaskynet said:
Am I the only person who thinks the soul sucking thing is obviously a form of sexual fetish. I mean if his arousal is dependent on, or is responsive to the act of assaulting an unconsenting person which he did and he is then IT IS a sexual assault fetish because he gains arousal only when he forcefully or without consent takes the soul of the victim. People get off to being wiped or sucking someone's foot and some get off to sucking souls apparently. Also isn't it weird how so far it has only been women souls he has forcefully taken and enjoyed or wants to take? I mean if it isn't sexual then I'm reading the wrong LN. This author has a history of showing sexual assault in his work and only took out the most graphic one which was actually rape from the web novel.
wrong episode thread

Nov 15, 2019 1:37 PM

Sep 2017
KANLen09 said:
The Final Load Test commences, with the outside force underwhelming against the Dark Territory.

Kirito is still comatose, but part of his will still protects Alice like the norm. He's isn't so much of an liability as the former Integrity Knight Commander Bernoculi made it out to be.

Didn't expect to see the trainees Tiese and Ronie at the grounds again, but the reality must've hit them super hard. It was just simply devastating after such a time that has passed. But as Kirito has showed Alice, she does the same to both of them.

Integrity Knight Vice Commander Fanatio is also back, but more feminine. Seems like she also harbours love for Kirito...yikes...???

But getting back into the action, it's gonna be a difficult task to oppress the forces of the Dark Territory if the Integrity Knights don't plan well. IT'S ALL-IN, DO OR DIE.

The Wall of Separation a.k.a. the Final Load Test is torn down...time for one of the biggest battles in the series YET! So hyped for next episode!
nope, she just wanted to thank kirito and tease him.
Nov 15, 2019 1:42 PM

Sep 2017
Tiande said:
Is it just me or Lipia Zancale (the girl who died last episode when trying to kill the main bad guy) looks lke Fanatio ? I thought they were the same person until I put them side by side..
even their position (vice commander) and love interest are same (their commander)

i called lipia "the dark fanatio" lol
Nov 15, 2019 9:12 PM
Jul 2016
First episode of the season that I disliked overall. It was trash imo. I’ll summarize my main complaints.

1. Alice having feelings for Kirito - By far the worst offender. Could we not have one girl who didn’t want to suck his dick? Come on. Their friendship was compelling. Trash writing. This was a huge issue throughout all of SAO.

2. Kirito/Eugeo’s pages - They are awful characters who only exist to suck their masters dicks metaphorically, literally pointless. Maybe if they were made interesting and not been made to be victims for the plot I’d care. The episode wasted like 5 minutes on these girls sobbing. These characters add nothing, never should’ve existed.

3. KIRITO BLOCKED AN ATTACK WITH WILLPOWER ALONE?!?! - Oh my god, really? Kirito is so OP that he can deflect attacks when comatose? What the actual fuck? Why? Why did this need to happen? It wasn’t cool, it was bullshit.

4. Kirito is at the battlefield - despite Alice saying Kirito needed protection, he’s at the damn battlefield. Why you ask? Because the Integrity knight commander “has a feeling” a comatose man will win them the battle. Complete bullshit. The only reason he’s there is because the plot necessitates it. The emperor is going to be too strong for the Integrity Knights and Kirito will snap out of his coma magically at the perfect time and save the day as always.

5. Pacing - the entire war prep should have been a half episode, not a full one. The episode was even more boring and pointless as a result. Nothing notable actually happened.

7. Fanatio - Fanatio owing everything to Kirito and her gender insecurity arc were awful. Not interesting or compelling. As usual Kirito solves every girls problem and they fall in love with him.
DiamondDust9Nov 15, 2019 9:35 PM
Nov 15, 2019 9:23 PM
Jul 2016
Darken-san said:
Andrewapps said:

Show the daily lives of the citizens, the panic in their "government", the rallying of volunteers to join the ranks (many of which have never even fought before), the preparations at the wall, the inner deliberations of the enemy side as they form ranks, etc.

The episode would be way more interesting if it was written that way. Instead, this build up felt more like they were just postponing the start of the war
100% agree, if done right that would’ve been more interesting. I think it should’ve been only a half episode, most of what happened was pointless and just delayed the action.
Nov 21, 2019 4:29 PM

May 2016
I was overwhelmed by feels this time, and where is Asuna hope she can turn the tables on them dark people.
Nov 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Aug 2017
Death flags popping out all over the place :(

Shit is gonna get real next episode lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 12, 2019 8:25 AM

Apr 2011
Its a nice build for the battle next episode.

It was about time the two cute kouhais know the sad and tragic truth about Kirito and Eugeo. It'll take some time or episodes before Asuna appears.
Dec 16, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
This battle reminds me of WPVP as alliance vs horde in WoW, always outnumbered as hell
Dec 16, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2013
Uncommon_Sense said:
First episode of the season that I disliked overall. It was trash imo. I’ll summarize my main complaints.

1. Alice having feelings for Kirito - By far the worst offender. Could we not have one girl who didn’t want to suck his dick? Come on. Their friendship was compelling. Trash writing. This was a huge issue throughout all of SAO.

2. Kirito/Eugeo’s pages - They are awful characters who only exist to suck their masters dicks metaphorically, literally pointless. Maybe if they were made interesting and not been made to be victims for the plot I’d care. The episode wasted like 5 minutes on these girls sobbing. These characters add nothing, never should’ve existed.

3. KIRITO BLOCKED AN ATTACK WITH WILLPOWER ALONE?!?! - Oh my god, really? Kirito is so OP that he can deflect attacks when comatose? What the actual fuck? Why? Why did this need to happen? It wasn’t cool, it was bullshit.

4. Kirito is at the battlefield - despite Alice saying Kirito needed protection, he’s at the damn battlefield. Why you ask? Because the Integrity knight commander “has a feeling” a comatose man will win them the battle. Complete bullshit. The only reason he’s there is because the plot necessitates it. The emperor is going to be too strong for the Integrity Knights and Kirito will snap out of his coma magically at the perfect time and save the day as always.

5. Pacing - the entire war prep should have been a half episode, not a full one. The episode was even more boring and pointless as a result. Nothing notable actually happened.

7. Fanatio - Fanatio owing everything to Kirito and her gender insecurity arc were awful. Not interesting or compelling. As usual Kirito solves every girls problem and they fall in love with him.

Why do you even still watch this series when you clearly hate it with all of those points? It's impressive how so many of you still watch something that you dislike. You would thought that after three seasons it would become clear that this series isn't for you if those points (which some are completely wrong, like the first, if you ever read the LN and know Alice thoughts, but you didn't so you think she loves him or Fanatio loving Kirito when she's in love for hundred of years with Bercouli) and your absurd hate for the Protagonist of the series that won't go anywhere.
Dec 17, 2019 9:44 PM
Jul 2016
Nemesis16 said:
Uncommon_Sense said:

Why do you even still watch this series when you clearly hate it with all of those points? It's impressive how so many of you still watch something that you dislike. You would thought that after three seasons it would become clear that this series isn't for you if those points (which some are completely wrong, like the first, if you ever read the LN and know Alice thoughts, but you didn't so you think she loves him or Fanatio loving Kirito when she's in love for hundred of years with Bercouli) and your absurd hate for the Protagonist of the series that won't go anywhere.

You’re making a few assumptions about me here. I don’t exactly hate SAO. In fact, years ago when it started I loved it. Over the years I’ve come to realize that it’s got a lot of flaws, but I still have enough interest to see it through. I do still enjoy it. I also said it was the first episode of the season that I didn’t like. There’s also a part of me that likes to make fun of the show with my friends, it’s fun to meme SAO. The concept of Kirito deflecting something while in a coma is hilarious whether you love or hate the show imo.

I don’t have an interest in the LN. If there’s some added detail only in the LN they should’ve put it in the anime, that excuse doesn’t work. All I know is that Alice almost tried to kiss him, right? If she has feelings for him at all then I dislike that scene. Fanatio and Alice were literally jealously fighting for Kirito’s attention at one point. Even if they don’t have feelings for him, that trope is overused in SAO. Fanatio’s gender insecurity felt too forced and trivial. Have you ever noticed that every notable female that Kirito encounters comes with some kind of emotional baggage, and Kirito always ends up magically solving all of their problems? Fanatio could have just been a strong female knight, but because she’s female the author wanted to give her an issue that Kirito could solve, it’s kind of ridiculous.
Jan 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Aug 2017
Battle of Helm's Deep coming up huh. Time to shred all those grunts and cannon fodder. Kirito rocking the harem and overpowered stats even while he's catatonic. Yes, Alice kiss! Alice best girl at the moment

Feb 29, 2020 12:46 AM

Mar 2009
Need me some Asuna, already.
Mar 10, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 2019
Typical cock block. Alice was about to kiss Kirito (Or so it would seem) then the kouhais appeared. They saw Kirito's situation and I'm glad and sad that they didn't ask what happened to Eugeo. That broken sword was enough to get the message through.

Alice is so cute arguing with Fanatio over Kirito and commander.

So Kirito can use the force to block attacks. I knew he was a Jedi when he wielded that lightsaber in GGO.

The power of jinx. When you say that you'll never return, you'll definitely return and vice-versa.

The war's about to start, why is Kirito with them? Thought he would stay at camp. Episodes are too short, I guess it's just that good.

Alice, best girl of SAO. Asuna pales in comparison.
Apr 12, 2020 1:55 PM

Mar 2010
Alright I've had enough of the feels, time for battle you cunts lolz but damn I wanted alice to kiss kirito so bad though he doesn't deserve her eeek Damn though the salt from asuna would be awesome.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 2, 2020 4:34 PM

Mar 2019
Great Alice-focused episode, the confrontation in the end looks awesome
I cant wait to watch it
Jul 3, 2020 4:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
All of these women trying to be Kirito's “Savior” and I'm just here waiting for Asuna do drop their jaws and do what they couldn't just by being present, I can't wait for that.
Aug 8, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
Alice almost kissing a mentally disabled person seems a little weird, but okay. Kirito's harem is ever growing.
It was nice to see the two girls again. Hope they won't come to harm.
At this point I'm guessing we will have 1-2 episodes of fighting before Asuna finally shows up (and probably others as well). I wonder what kind of account she will use, since they only had like 4-5 there, like sacred art master or whatever.
Sep 19, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2014
Well.. Ronie and Tiese finally meet their senior/teachers... " Well, 1 in comatose and another one only left a broken sword" poor Tiese...

That quite nice little comedy skit from Bercoulli,Fanatio, and Alice :D, jealousy problem....

and here we go ... the War of Underworld begin...
r16fourarmSep 19, 2020 6:21 AM
Oct 3, 2020 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
I hope they can win, but the difference in numbers is huge.
Oct 4, 2020 2:09 AM
Jul 2016
Lol, even Fanatio is caught?
Their cat fight is kinda funny tho haha.

I'm glad Kirito still have some fight down there.

I can't say I'm not happy with the reunion but it's a bit strange to see two novice academy students who coincidentally know him appearing in the battlefield.
I know perhaps they were requested by the academy to help out but shouldn't there be an academy squad or something?? Meeting Kirito's seniors actually would be more realistic.
Oct 13, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2020
I don't get why Alice was thinking like that, when she was saying something about her just being an NPC and knows no feelings but the urge to fight. If she IS just an NPC, how the hell does she know how humans think and stuff? Some things in this anime make no sense lol.
Nov 11, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
The only cool thing about this episode was the montage at the end.
Mar 6, 2021 12:16 PM

Sep 2012
aaah how refreshing to see woman fight over MC its been a while lol
Dec 12, 2021 7:21 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty chill episode, next one should have more action again. Guess Kirito will wake up just when Alice needs to be saved. Or maybe Asuna will save her ass?
Nov 13, 2022 10:04 AM

Mar 2019
I don't see what those 2 kids can do to protect Kirito, but I guess they appeared in Alicization so it would be weird to have them disappear in WoU.

The ending was amazing, LiSA's song was so perfect for that and then showing the armies lined up. Can't wait to see what happens.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 27, 2022 3:21 PM

May 2022
great, emotional episode, Tiese and Ronie are upset when they saw Kirito lifeless and finding out Eugeo is dead, it hurts so much :( The glow from Eugeo's broken sword man, I'm getting some tears in my eyes. Alice's virtue, nobility, and strength are amazing, especially her virtue toward Tiese and Ronie about the power of the heart and to keep pushing, no matter what happens. Alice wanted to try and convey feelings to Kirito in hopes of waking him up, but she couldn't because she is only a created being and thinks her only intent is to fight, which shows some inner conflict in her mind. She couldn't do anything anyway since Tiese and Ronie rang the bell. I have a feeling Kirito may wake up during battle to save those he cares about. In regards to the fight, things aren't looking so good because they are outnumbered, but they are going to do whatever they can, despite the risky move of having Alice gather energy from the ravine to cast powerful magic (hopefully it will be enough to somewhat even things out). The war is about to begin...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

262 by ____panda____ »»
May 22, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.