Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 15, 2017 9:33 PM
Apr 2016
Soma vs Eizan. One of the best shokugekis ever. Get ready people to witness this ferocious battle.
Nov 15, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
i don't even remember Eizan from the previous seasons lol

great episode
Nov 16, 2017 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
As a manga reader, I'd say a Great Episode. But at this pace, with 24 Episodes are They gonna continue the story like the manga or going to Original Ending?

Also can't wait for...
Nov 16, 2017 8:09 AM

Nov 2016
Rindou teasing Eizan was just too nice,but I still think that the anime isn't captivating her expressions as good as the manga does :S

Eizan truly the king of rape faces, can't wait till his ass get wrecked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
I guess Yukihira will win the match anyway. Either his food changed the judges' hearts or someone interferes with the judging process, enabling 'fair' evaluation.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I hate Yukihira more than Eizan, tbh. His attitude and his f*ckface in this season annoys me.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Nov 16, 2017 11:17 PM

Jul 2012
I hope Polar Star doesn't get messed up too badly by the time the Shokugeki is over.

It's hard to dislike Rindou... why did she vote for this? D:
Nov 17, 2017 12:57 AM
Oct 2015
Once again I just simply, love hating theses antagonists.
Heckle was here...
Nov 17, 2017 3:38 AM

Mar 2011
This episode made me so stressed!!!

Souma go kick their asses!
Nov 18, 2017 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
I'm pretty jacked for the next episode. Yukihira is at a huge disadvantage here. He'll have to make a dish exceptionally enticing to smell and look at just to have a chance of getting the judges to even taste it.
I'm not too worried about the residents at PSD though. Just because a few chumps with some bats show up, doesn't mean they can't take care of themselves.
Nov 18, 2017 5:49 AM
Oct 2007
AstraAce said:
Mich666 said:
Wow, the stakes are really high now, what a thrilling episodë!

Well, not reading the manga I kinda realized the Erina will probably save them in the end, barging into the shokugeki room and tasting Souma's dish, saying it's good but we will have to wait for that. It would be even better if SHE declared shokugeki but there is still time for that.

Anyway, can't wait for the next week, let's hope for another great foodgasm.

Lel, u have a creative imagination

Hmm.. non-manga reader here. My guess is isshiki 7th seat might have something to do with how they are going to resolve this situation since he's been missing. I might be wrong though :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 10:08 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I can't stand this arc at all. I get not having another tournament AGAIN (It's like this school doesn't have any classes at all, just tournaments and competitions) and the very vague premise of this is interesting with having different rules and such, but this is HORRIBLE. The edginess levels were so high in this episode, I am surprised I didn't cut myself. If I wanted every bad shounen battle trope and bad pacing and bad characters, I'd watch FT or something.

On the bright side, it lets me express my anger :D
Nov 19, 2017 2:47 AM
Mar 2012
Great osts & atmosphere, & that Azami speech was actually somewhat sensible. But the whole arc premise feels silly. Way to ruin a school, another school's could take the chance to absorb all that talent & compete, or students can go straight into restaurants.
Nov 19, 2017 8:36 AM
Jul 2017
Cold War 2: Cooking Edition
Nov 19, 2017 9:54 AM

May 2015
Classic cliffhanger. Waiting for some action next week.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 19, 2017 10:18 AM
Jun 2016
advantamene said:
Is it just me or does this new arc seem to be retarded as fuck?

Don't know, I feel the same. Even in the world that was built by the anime, it doesn't seem believable at all, it just feels like a B movie so far.
Nov 21, 2017 3:01 PM

Mar 2009
Souma's so badass. Curious to see how he's going to beat Eizan.
Nov 23, 2017 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
this episode was so good, those intense moments paired with the bgm made my hairs stand.

shit going down real fast, i hope souma can pull it off at the end
Dec 2, 2017 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
MAN, THIS EPISODE HYPED ME UP SO MUCH. SOMA MOST EPIC CHARACTER.
Dec 15, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Lol, Azami sure knows what to say to try and get people on his side :P Eizan is pretty crafty, buying out the judges like that! He makes for a pretty good "villain" lol. I definitely expected Erina to step it up and challenge him, that way they'd have a much harder time turning her down, but instead it's Souma. All I'm saying is, they're seeing up Eizan as such a typical villain lol. I honestly don't see how Souma's going to get out of this one, but if he pulls something off and the judges feel bad for him or something, that's it, I'm out after this season lol XD
Dec 18, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode as well.
what happened feels line upper echelon corruption!
i doubt Yukihira is unprepared! he never fears anyone!
I know he has a plan that even one of the elite ten Eizan would be surprised!
but what a dick move to shorted the eviction period of the Polar Star, but that would only made Yukihira more serious...and I think someone from Polar Start dorm would stop those thugs!
5/5.

Dec 19, 2017 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was intense with so many feels of anger and sadness. I almost cried when all the Polar Star girls started crying.

As I mentioned on the previous discussion, Azami's team is kinda like a Pokemon Villainous Team.

The next Pokemon villainous team should be inspired by Team Central.
Dec 19, 2017 6:08 PM

May 2012
Shit is going down next episode! Boy am I excited!
Dec 22, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
Ah... cheating the last resort of a looser/scumbag if I ever saw a punchable face I think Eizan fit that description.
Jan 1, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Kind of interesting seeing the whole system being ruined and changed. Shows how arbitrary the basis was.
Jan 18, 2018 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
This show is so over the top that it just makes the whole show absolutely laughable with how bad it is.
Feb 1, 2018 2:10 AM

Sep 2012
it irritates me that Souma acts so nice with Rindou & some other from Elite10, Rindou is also traitor, if i would be him i would say some day old director comes back & u all get expelled unless u change sides new & i will make it happen trough Sokugeki

not gonna spoil, but i read this part of manga so i know what happens, but i was hoping all out war (& not food war) all students band together beat up the Elite10 & then Erina's father, i mean kick them out of school by force, so Erina's father looses either way no matter what he does next uses hes authority to expel all or run tail between hes lags

Also Erina should do live broadcast & tell all what kind of a trash her father is & tell that she doesn't support him

Rindou voted against the director on her free will so she is also traitor, all who vote from their free will are traitors & need divine punishment

soibra said:
i don't even remember Eizan from the previous seasons lol

great episode

same here

well he is the forgettable type lol

luccide said:
AstraAce said:

Lel, u have a creative imagination

Hmm.. non-manga reader here. My guess is isshiki 7th seat might have something to do with how they are going to resolve this situation since he's been missing. I might be wrong though :P

Sugram22Feb 1, 2018 4:06 AM
Feb 11, 2018 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
How Souma wants to win? What is Rindou role in this shokugeki?
And apart of disbanding the clubs and everything, how is it possible that no one does anything with cheating in match? Normally people would storm and destroy authority, revolt I say, to arms!

Midoriya_D_Luffy said:
Soma vs Eizan. One of the best shokugekis ever. Get ready people to witness this ferocious battle.

not rly the best, Eizan is a pussy as a chef he only got his place because using his business talent and probably blackmailed someone to lose a shokugeki against him.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 28, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2015
Oh the best shounen series to watch are the ones with absolutely detestable antagonists - thankfully Eizan is a proper asshole which should make for an excellent battle!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 26, 2018 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
Only halfway through the episode but I gotta reiterate again that this arc is garbage, yeah it introduces a new element to the repetitive style of friendly cooking battle, but if you can bribe your way to victory it betrays the core premise of shokugeki itself. Really disgusting.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 27, 2018 12:54 PM

Sep 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
Only halfway through the episode but I gotta reiterate again that this arc is garbage, yeah it introduces a new element to the repetitive style of friendly cooking battle, but if you can bribe your way to victory it betrays the core premise of shokugeki itself. Really disgusting.

Does that make the arc garbage? Or just an issue with what the antagonist is trying to do. It's not like the arc is just throwing away the rules of the anime, it's introducing a corrupt character bent on ruining the school's guidelines.
Sep 28, 2018 8:52 AM

Jun 2011
TinyTabun said:
Does that make the arc garbage? Or just an issue with what the antagonist is trying to do. It's not like the arc is just throwing away the rules of the anime, it's introducing a corrupt character bent on ruining the school's guidelines.
It's the same thing as "I don't like it". For someone who preach a lot about power and skills, cheating wouldn't make any sense, and if you're going to cheat anyway, why accept a Shokugeki to waste time? And if you've already reached the end of the series,

The arc is bad and if I am not mistaken, the Tankoubon ranking for the manga agrees with me as well.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 28, 2018 11:24 PM

Sep 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
TinyTabun said:
It's the same thing as "I don't like it". For someone who preach a lot about power and skills, cheating wouldn't make any sense, and if you're going to cheat anyway, why accept a Shokugeki to waste time? And if you've already reached the end of the series,

The arc is bad and if I am not mistaken, the Tankoubon ranking for the manga agrees with me as well.

That's true. I do find a lot of things to be pretty confusing and unrealistic as I've continued watching. The corrupt Shokugeki as well as everything else leading up to episode 16 which I'm now on. So, I'm inclined to agree :(
Jun 4, 2019 3:13 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, what's the point of the Shokugeki now?
Jul 9, 2019 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
So I assume that Souma will make food that smells and tastes so damn good, that the judges won't be able to resist. But seriously if all those rules actually came in effect at a real school and someone would obviously buy the judges to rig a duel, people wouldn't simply accept it. Everyone with half a brain would leave that school and join another one and Azami would sit together with this retarded 6 members of the elite ten on the huge campus area and wonder why he's such a stupid ape.

Also fuck you Rindou, stupid bitch...
Dec 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
Okay, this antagonism is just too over the top and makes it extremely unrealistic and not very enjoyable. People just don't get away with such malice with zero deception.
Jan 8, 2020 6:39 PM
Dec 2018
Don't you think it's a bad idea to threaten and bully a school full of very passionate and strong people who are very skilled at using knives?
Jan 9, 2020 6:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much tense damn !! I wonder what's Souma idea to win against Eizan, because he's basically cheating
Mar 8, 2020 5:28 PM

Aug 2017
So, Azami wants to create a revolution to "elevate" cooking but he can't be taking seriously cuz he allows bribing judges in a Shokugeki lol. It was a nice idea that they would be able to learn quality techniques but the anime presents it as something evil that must be defeated immediately. So retarded.

2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 5, 2020 5:30 AM

May 2016
I was curious on how things would end up with Azami being the new Chairman but this new turn of events made me feel even more frustrated towards everything that's happening right now.

I get that sucking the passion and creativity out of Totsuki's most promising chefs was the whole point when they abolished all the clubs and forced everyone to cook the same way but seeing Eizan go as far as to shamelessly bribe judges and have his goons forcefully evict Souma's friends like it's nothing during a goddamn Shokugeki's too damn much. It's as if they're kicking and spitting on what made Food Wars so good by doing this overly dramatic villanous shit...

Rindou's the only wildcard who might be able to take care of the bribery problem but I wonder what she'll actually do in there.

Oct 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Mar 2010
This was actually funny asf, everyone's tears tasted so good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 7, 2021 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Erina so perfect.
Azami.
No rights?
Central.
Ryoko so fine.
Knock the dorm down?
Tea or something?
Ryoko oppai.
Shokugeki.
WTF! 0-3?
Ryoko's tears! Noooo!!!!
Ryoko and Erina talking to each other.
Dat challenge.
People are coming.
Dat ending.

Do you know how hot it is seeing my two waifu's, Erina and Ryoko, talk to each other?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Jul 2017
The whole Central and Azami's motives thing is so stupid to watch. That really takes the whole arc down for me no matter what intensity the story tries to build up with the Polar Star eviction ongoing and Soma and Eizan's Shokugeki finally happening after what was building up for quite a few months, although it's definitely not a fair fight to say the least. I wanna care for everything happening here but the core Central motives I just don't buy it whatsoever.
Oct 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Sep 2015
Wow Rindou looks so amazing !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 23, 2023 1:05 PM

Feb 2022
Wow this went from zero to a hundread reaaaal fast. I have a feeling Eizan will be very surprised next episode :).
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>
May 22, 2023 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
Eizan is such a C***
Jun 22, 2023 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
and now they added stupid fascism to the anime. Is this entire season just garbage?

Note, I'm not saying stupid 'fascism'
I'm saying 'stupid fascism', as it this is easy the dumbest example of blatant and poorly implemented fascism
Literally the school would lose 95% of its students and faculty; the school would probably immediately fail if these things were implemented. 

'stupid fascism'
TalamareJul 18, 2023 1:15 PM
Jul 15, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
May 22, 1:09 AM
Aug 2021
Everyone's reaction to Souma going to challenge Eizan was very underwhelming (Referring to Polar). I'm Ngl Nariki Azami was lowkey making sense with his speech. I'm not saying I agree but I'm not saying I disagree. Disbanding every club was overkill tbh😂. Aye if one faction remains an uprising is possible so I understand why he wants to kill any chance of rebellion. Souma saying he was doing it for himself was cold but I know he is lying he is doing because all the girls started crying. Eizan is scum but he has my respect as a villain/business man. He gets crap done. No matter what. He is still a piece of poo but he is a villain at the end of the day. So he is embodying his role perfectly.
Aug 7, 12:10 AM
Sep 2021
So Isshiki being Elite 10 has no role at all when Polar Dorm is going to be banished?
Conveniently he's got no screen time at all in this episode.
Weak.
Same goes to Erina. The tsundere bitch who treated Soma's dish as garbage since episode 1 suddenly turned into a weakling this time when his father arrives, and needs saving from the polar dorm residents because she ran away from home. Pathetic damsel in distress.
Soma yet again has to save the world.
Oh my.
duragon49Aug 7, 12:34 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

130 by duragon49 »»
Aug 8, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

153 by duragon49 »»
Aug 7, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

204 by duragon49 »»
Aug 7, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

149 by duragon49 »»
Aug 6, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

225 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.