Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
This exam definitely felt like a high risk challenge. We got to see skills difference between certain characters. It was really interesting to see various characters clash in this test.

Kanon for instance showed some of her skills. Felt like Hibiki needed better teamwork and a plan. Kanon looked more annoyed than anyone else this episode lol.
May 19, 12:58 AM

Dec 2021
It seems Shun is as annoying as ever.

The final test to become a full-fledged member had begun. To pass, they needed to steal the five-colored keys held by the high-ranking monsters. Kai Shion, paired with D as part of the Red Team, lacked teamwork skills, and D was already struggling to keep up with Kai right from the start. Blocking their path was Shun Tokita from the Red Battalion. Despite it being just a test, Shun showed no mercy, and Kai and D challenged him to a battle.

D getting paired with this guy and in red, of all colors, is just double the fun. But damn, I can't believe I didn't see it coming that that one dude would be Shun xD. So the panda makeup was Shun's attempt to be kid-friendly... I can't even anymore. I didn't expect anyone to pull their punches, but this is more hardcore than I anticipated. I'm always surprised by D's ingenuity in combat; he knows he's just a lowly grunt in the grand scheme of things, but that just means he has to fight dirty. I mean, D using reverse psychology and making it sound like some big-brain play was stupid funny.

D made it through the first day of the exams... how he'll get through the next is the question.

May 19, 3:01 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i just keep enjoying every seconds of this wonderful show
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 19, 3:09 AM

Feb 2019
Fire episode. Almost nonstop action from beginning to end. The start of the final exam to become a full fledged member of the ranger corps, plus we got best girl Hisui introduced AND the animation was really good. we ate.

Of course D gets partnered with the worst person possible, Shion, who thinks he knows and can do it all on his own. Their lack of teamwork should’ve cost them, but D’s ingenuity came in clutch against Shun.

For an exam, the monster actors weren’t pulling their punches at all. Shun looked like he was gonna kill Shion at some points, and honestly I didn’t feel bad because Shion ran in there so arrogant and left his teammate behind. He needed to be humbled.

Hisui beating up Shun for not adding the honourific to her name AND Shion at the same time had me dying. I can’t wait to see some of her best moments adapted. Seiyuu is already killing the role.

Day 1 of the exam is finished and D and the others just barely scraped by. Teamwork and coordination is going to have to improve if they want those 5 keys.
Marinate1016May 19, 3:52 AM
May 19, 3:48 AM
May 2021
Damn the exam ended before fighter D could have won?
May 19, 3:55 AM
Nov 2023
The fight in today's episode had a pretty good start, but the end felt a bit... off.

First of all there were some plot points that led to nowhere. (Chekhov would not approve of this!)

• Fighter D transformed to seemingly confuse their opponents, but at the end he confronted Tokita looking like Hibiki.
  • Suzukiri made an appearance, yet was irrelevant to the rest of the fight.
  • Hisui also didn't do much. She was just complaining the whole fight.
  • It didn't matter that Tokita was the one that had the Red Key either. I thought he might pause for a second when he heard Fighter D say "Because of you guys, I get to win this guy again". Alas! It wouldn't make much difference had he stayed dead and someone else be the one to hold the Red Key. It may have even been better if the Keys weren't colored at all. In that case, Suzukiri could have been the one to fight them.
    THAT would be interesting!

Finally, why was it necessary to play the ending just before the climax, only to have the fight end anticlimactically?
It's like they said "Next time on Go! Go! Loser Ranger!: Will Fighter D be able to- JK he wasn't. See you next time!!!"
I'm not sure if they were trying to troll people who skip the after-credits, or if that was supposed to be funny.

Anyway, at least individual moments were good, even if they didn't make much sense in the context of the series.
May 19, 4:28 AM

Feb 2012
It's anything goes, Isekaing the Junior First Classes with a truck is approved. If a cadet were to become a ranger, they will absolutely need vicious attacks like that against the immortal Fighters.

D prefers deception to charging in like Shion. Using his transformation ability, Angel's drawings and the cloud from the fire extinguisher, he can really divide the Junior First Classes playing monsters who are already pretty rough with each other.
Fortress_MaximusMay 19, 8:07 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 19, 4:29 AM
Feb 2020
Am i the only one that thought production took a hit this episode?A lot of them looked real janky and the pretty obvious at 8:50 when hes turning around and then hard cut to Shun like its missing frames.
May 19, 4:36 AM

Jul 2017
Considering how this episode had the opportunity to be really good and tense with all the action there for this test, this was underwhelming. One of the weakest episodes I would say of this show so far. Production looked janky and very rough with the action scenes and movement this time around, the ending post-credits was anticlimactic, and some twists were there in the test that didn't add much to what was happening in the fight towards the finish. For something that had the potential to be fun and thrilling, the whole episode came off as fairly weak towards the end and didn't do enough justice in showing off the skills that they all brought towards this test effectively. There was that one scene with D turning around and it looked godawful with a frame literally missing I think, and some other scenes that tried to look good with movement and different angles but nowhere being polished enough to deliver properly. Even the angle of D running with the angle focusing on him looking janky there too.
May 19, 4:39 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. This episode was very exciting to watch.

Suzukiri finally showed up again. I really want to see her crazy fighting style. Too bad she went away for the majority of the episode. Hope she'll be back.

The way Fighter D fought by impersonating Tokita and Hisui was cool. These are the types of dirty tricks I wanna see him employ in his fights. Also, I'm surprised that Tokita is still alive after getting beaten so badly. I guess Rangers are tougher than normal people.

gorkthe134th said:
The fight in today's episode had a pretty good start, but the end felt a bit... off.

First of all there were some plot points that led to nowhere. (Chekhov would not approve of this!)

Fighter D transformed to seemingly confuse their opponents, but at the end he confronted Tokita looking like Hibiki.
Suzukiri made an appearance, yet was irrelevant to the rest of the fight.
Hisui also didn't do much. She was just complaining the whole fight.
It didn't matter that Tokita was the one that had the Red Key either. I thought he might pause for a second when he heard Fighter D say "Because of you guys, I get to win this guy again". Alas! It wouldn't make much difference had he stayed dead and someone else be the one to hold the Red Key. It may have even been better if the Keys weren't colored at all. In that case, Suzukiri could have been the one to fight them.

Finally, why was it necessary to play the ending just before the climax, only to have the fight end anticlimactically?
It's like they said "Next time on Go! Go! Loser Ranger!: Will Fighter D be able to- JK he wasn't. See you next time!!!"
I'm not sure if they were trying to troll people who skip the after-credits, or if that was supposed to be funny.

Anyway, at least individual moments were good, even if they didn't make much sense in the context of the series.

The fight scenes in this anime are weird. Sometimes things just happen or they're very confusing. Also, I agree about the post-credits scene. It had a really good cliffhanger and they just ruined it with the post-credits scene for no reason.
May 19, 4:50 AM
Sep 2023
Typical Yostar animation
May 19, 5:07 AM

Dec 2019
Idk if this ep got enough time but some parts looked rough visually, kind of unfinished at times.
May 19, 5:48 AM

Jul 2016
"Usokubo, I think you're better off quitting the Rangers and becoming an artist instead." - monster who's better off being a harem protagonist with the amount of rizz he's dripping in

Watching D relish in his petty grudge against Tokita is way more entertaining than it should be.

Also can't help but wonder which specialization group D would land in if he were evaluated without Hibiki's past results. Landing in Yellow would even let him and Suzukiri get more opportunities to co-conspire.
May 19, 5:52 AM
May 2023
Im feels something is missing in this episode. But i dont know what is it 😂
May 19, 6:55 AM

Oct 2017
Now that was a crazy test day.
May 19, 7:17 AM

May 2023
Yostar really gave everything in this episode, but there were some hard cuts in several scenes.

Suzukiri refuses to go to Isekai, Aizome clapped her opponent really fast, Ah, Tokita is back again, i thought he was dead just because of the blow to the head.

i think i like Hisui more than Suzukiri, and also Usukubo Angel of course, and what kind of cliffhanger is it so unclear and at the end there is a post credit scene huhh?!
NezuSwallowtail_May 26, 7:05 AM
May 19, 7:18 AM
Sep 2021
Fighter D is doing really doing good in this exam, he exactly knows how to turn things to his favor really well.
May 19, 7:39 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
give the girls more screen time please...
May 19, 7:41 AM
May 2023
Truck Kun was really disappointing this episode, doesn't even kill the person he hit.
May 19, 7:48 AM

Apr 2022
just felt a bit rushed, i think i remember these events happing a little later in the manga but i could be remembering wrong i guess. visuals definitely took a step down though, this is definitely the weakest episode so far.
May 19, 8:01 AM
Jan 2020
Man I'm getting deja vu from Dead Mount Death Play animation wise from this, 2 fairly new studios with experienced directors working on an inexperienced studio that inevitably falls apart midway.
May 19, 9:31 AM
May 2023
gorkthe134th said:

• Fighter D transformed to seemingly confuse their opponents, but at the end he confronted Tokita looking like Hibiki.
  • Suzukiri made an appearance, yet was irrelevant to the rest of the fight.
  • Hisui also didn't do much. She was just complaining the whole fight.
  • It didn't matter that Tokita was the one that had the Red Key either. I thought he might pause for a second when he heard Fighter D say "Because of you guys, I get to win this guy again". Alas! It wouldn't make much difference had he stayed dead and someone else be the one to hold the Red Key. It may have even been better if the Keys weren't colored at all. In that case, Suzukiri could have been the one to fight them.

Those plot points will probably be used more later on the second or third day of the exam. We can't really expect everything to happen on the first day.
May 19, 9:42 AM

Nov 2020
This scene with the truck and the blonde... XD and the guy, after running into the blonde, asks if she is okay.
So we have an exam... the action is interesting, strategy D was very cool.
4/5
May 19, 12:46 PM

Nov 2016
Up until now I've had mixed feelings about some changes that have been done compared to the manga... But this time I actually liked how they "compiled" some scenes/dialogue to make it more fast-paced.
I'm also a bit disappointed about the animation, but the story keeps being great. (I just wish we had more scenes of D being a vicious gremlin!)
May 19, 1:02 PM

Dec 2022
man i really love this anime like it makes me feel things it just feels like im back being a new anime watcher also this is my first anime like these previously i watched the romance anime like this but not this makes me excited
May 19, 3:24 PM
Jul 2022
bro I feel like an entire arc was cut out of this shit. I have no connection to any of this.

also they couldn't even track D's laser sword right, in the scene where he's walking away in the smoke the glowing effect is a few inches off the blade drawn underneath.
May 19, 4:14 PM

Jul 2022
D, even though he's not that strong physically, is a great strategist. He manipulated everyone during the exam. I liked Hisui, although I find her just as crazy as Suzukiri.

May 19, 4:47 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Props to D for making good use of his face swapping ability in dire straits as well as taking the other characters impulsiveness to his advantage. It seems like in the rangers many have their own agenda which may or may not be that important. In any case, Suzukiri came back briefly, good since she seems to be the fan favorite.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 19, 5:01 PM
Apr 2024
godd ep but d you best protagonist in the show you derserve yorss but
May 19, 5:41 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah Shun just co tiniest to be annoying and doesn’t want to work with D to get the key feeling like he is a lone wolf to can win the fight by himself, but in all reality D has got the brains and figured it out by himself unfortunately we got a cliff hanger right before we figured out what happened so until next week will be waiting in suspense 😅
May 19, 7:23 PM
Oct 2019
Final Exam Day One, START!!

Action packed episode, really enjoying it.
Fighter D come in clutch once again with the transformation.

If they really wanted to hanging us with that cliffhanger, than that should be it but it continues to the unnecessary post credit scene and making it anticlimactic.
But i think they are trolling people who skip the episode as soon as the credit roll.
May 19, 7:32 PM
Jun 2016
Fun fighting match-up episode that utilizes a (for once) normal training arena - indoor parking structure - and thoughtful tactics. Odd how the one anime where it would probably make the most sense to have a cordoned-off square mile of blown-out building ruins to use as a rookie training facility doesn't use one but My Hero and Kaiju no 8 does. Sorry, but that's always struck me as a ludicrous and wasteful evil villain team thing to do. So could have been perfect for a show about Heroes turned (secret) Villain.

I really enjoy how none of these characters (regardless of their rank) feel like unimportant red shirts. This is a large organization so you'd expect there to be a big undertaking going on here to acclimate the audience to a bunch of important named characters. This being a show more about infiltration than superpowered fight scenes, a larger cast helps draw-up a large umbrella of intrigue. And I want to get to know the heart and wants and struggles of these characters before I'll eventually need to care about them either dying, killing someone else, or making some other moral decision.

Unfortunately, the animation this episode felt unusually lethargic. Also, these lasersword/guns offer unimpressive visual flair. I've never seen a Yostar Picture anime production outside of 1-2 episodes of their typical cute girl gatcha game adaptations so I can't speak to their production track record and stability. Suffice to say, I was impressed by the previous episode's showing. It just really struggled to sell the power on display or the strategies put into play. The time it would take for the fire extinguisher smoke lasted 20x longer than I thought would be reasonable. At times it feels like we're dealing with impossible space, time dilation, and characters who should be present in the battle being surprisingly nowhere to be seen until the show needs them to be conveniently part of the battle again.

Also, the show so far has convinced me these upper-rankers should have no issue blowing away the smoke with a powerful kick or something. So while clever in theory, in practice I found it hardly logical. But its still a compliment to the story that despite all this I could still mine some tension and curiosity out of the battle itself.
May 20, 3:45 AM
Apr 2021
NAHHHHH this episode legit gave me goosebumps bro this shit was goddamn hype man especially that red dude Tokita bro was proving to be a challenge like bros actually pretty strong I gotta give bro his props😭🙏🏽

All the first rank characters for the rangers are actually unique and not some random boring background characters all of them especially Hisui she seems so interesting to me considering the fact that she doesn’t give a single fuck if you’re on the same team as her if you disrespect her she finna go crazy like how she did on Tokita😭😭😭

I thought we got blueballed on the end of the episode but luckily there’s a scene after the ending song plays make sure yall stay till the end‼️

When the truck hit Suzukiri out of the blue has me burst out laughing that shit was SO random
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

WHY IS THE ANIMATION SO GOOD???! Yostar is actually a solid studio ong they’re actually really good, they were going crazy with the blood in this episode shit was looking fluid as hell🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Cant wait to see how this exam ends this shit is so fucking hype man I love shonen exam arcs man😭😫😭😫😭😫
May 20, 4:26 AM

Mar 2008
That was a risky move for D to pull off changing faces there.

Hisui~~s~san seems amusing

Oh no times up.
May 20, 6:28 AM
Apr 2024
4 stars because hibiki did not appear this episode
May 20, 2:37 PM

Sep 2015
This is getting even better!

Hidden gem of the season maybe
May 21, 3:21 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to Nanami0007
This is getting even better!

Hidden gem of the season maybe
@Nanami0007 For real! I was so hyped for Kaiju No.8, but this has completely eclipsed it for me.
May 21, 6:12 AM
Mar 2019
The manipulative D is hard at work. Though he has to be extra crafty since his hit points aren't that high, and his cover will be easily blown. Round one looks good.
May 21, 8:59 AM

Nov 2017
D finally made things interesting lol. He fails upwards, what a chad!
May 21, 9:09 AM

May 2019
Perhaps Shion will now work with D since he obviously can't handle Tokita on his own.

On a side note I'm assuming that Suzukiri knows that D is pretending to be Hibiki so I think she'll offer an assist.
May 21, 9:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
first day and the exam was hard!!!
kekeke
May 21, 5:43 PM

Nov 2023
I'm a bit dissapointed that they've gutted the extensively technical battles from the manga, as well as funny bits of dialogue here and there. I felt like that's what made the manga better than your average shounen.

Plenty of anime that try to parody certain genres either succeed in parodying said genre/s, or the parody is surface level but the series is otherwise very well written. The manga felt like it did both, whereas this adaptation seems to be rushing it thereby failing at both aspects.

It's still an enjoyable show, but I was hoping for better.
May 22, 6:18 AM
Jul 2021
A good episode with some action, liked it.
May 22, 8:28 AM
Nov 2022
Training episode, okay, I guess.

I don't know why I feel that some cuts between sequences are very random, they don't feel very natural xd

Otherwise it is fine.
May 23, 6:08 PM

Nov 2009
LOL

Bet they never expect an actual "Monster" would be fighting the "monster actors" LOL

And that other examee girl was so confused at D wanting pictures...

Seriously tho...

D is constantly avoiding actually getting hit... since if he gets hit, he's "dust" would appear.

So, D basically needs to master the art of "Dodging" LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 24, 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
woooo! that was an intense exam!!!
5/5.

May 24, 12:11 PM
May 2024
Best episode yet with the action and plot twists throughout the whole episode.
May 25, 1:43 AM

Apr 2015
I admittedly didn't pay much attention but why's extinguisher dust in the air for five ass minutes
May 25, 11:49 AM
Mar 2024
Lightsabers lmao
May 25, 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
I'm sorry, but I think D's plan is doomed to fail.

Also did they forget the goal is the key and not beating up the fake monster? All this fighting is a waste of energy. LOL!
MasterHavikMay 25, 11:36 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16

47 by SSLay »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28

100 by CaptainKenshiro »»
9 hours ago

» Dub available beyond eps 3-5???

mxhunter - Jun 16

6 by mxhunter »»
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

» Haruba Negi, YOU HAVE COOKED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystogan14579 - Jun 16

16 by Osvwaldo »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

48 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Jun 16, 11:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.