Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
It's so great to see this cast back! They didn't waste time doing what they do best and that's enjoying some outdoor camping.

The indoor scenes were adorable too. Chiaki's scenes and personality were comedy gold material imo. "Aki-chan"! But yeah, I think it's just great to see everyone back in this again. Nadeshiko is still adorable as ever. Animation also looks really well crafted. Welcome back Yuru Camp.

Apr 4, 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
After 3 years, anime's most chill series of mangaka Afro's Yuru Camp is back for Season 3! Albeit this time with 8-bit as the preceding studio with a drastic overhaul of staff, while retaining the series' music composer Akiyuki Tateyama. The movie is technically canon, but side filler FYI.

Kiminone's OP is a drastic change from the previous seasons' songs, though this is still retains the same contrast to the laid-back style the series has always been. Asaka's on the ED side this time, and "So Precious" fuses her past OP songs into a mellow and upbeat song that's still very Yuru Camp-ish.

It's great seeing the Yuru Camp girls again, though everyone has quite the noticeable change in character design due to hit-and-miss in-house director Shin Tosaka wanting to "incorporate the taste of the original manga". Well, considering his work biography...we shall see on the result of Season 3 as a whole.

Anyways, 8-bit has already done the Yama no Susume a.k.a Encouragement of Climb series before, and Season 3 is going more in that direction for the feels, as Rin sees the outdoors with her grandfather, going to Inabu, Aichi, to see the dam and culture in her younger days, and now, she's all camping by herself. The sweet pinecones continue to say "Konnichiwa", and Rin tries out to make a fire with the technique that her grandfather taught her to do. It's exhausting, but eventually Rin makes it by the sheer strength of her abilities.

It's back to the Outdoor Activities Club trio of Nadeshiko, Aoi and Chiaki earning money on the wayside back in Season 2 from the Izu trip, and now back in school, using empty aluminium bottles to create DIY alcohol stoves. But try as Nadeshiko can to even cut through regular aluminum bottles, she just couldn't cut through it lols, she's gonna TRY man, ven with steel cans. Aki not having a haircut in a while, which is where Ena comes in. Nadeshiko thinking of an outdoor haircut, it's a bit problematic with the wind, though Ena has trimmed Chikuwa's hair before. With the DIY alcohol stoves done, getting Toba-sensei is just a matter of handling alcoholic content, though it's not advisable to use them outside, not without protection.

The journey has reinvigorated, the promises between Rin and Nadeshiko will come forth once again.

A great start to Season 3, though everything new about it, it does take time getting used to.
KANLen09Apr 5, 8:24 PM

May 2020
Honestly, after that movie didn't think we'd get a continuation, and tbh, that would've worked too to some extent, though a continuation to one of the better feel good series out there is not at all not welcomed.

Colours may look a bit on brighter side, and then we have the changes in character designs too, but tbh, they don't look jarring at all, like what most of us initially thought, I mean my girl, Nadeshiko looks as good as she always had, so yeah.. by the way, the usual gang did meet, excluding Rin, of course, and they had their after school fun with alcohol stoves and everything, so nothing has changed, as far as the activities of our characters are concerned.

A good return tbh, but yeah watching this after the movie does feel a bit weird lol.
Softhenic03Apr 4, 7:43 AM

Dec 2021
Yuru Camp's back for its third season, now under the direction of everyone's favorite studio... 8bit...

Asaka stepping down from doing the OP for once and passing the job to Kiminone for the OP... and it's okay, just like any other Yuru Camp OP. However, Yuru Camp wouldn't feel complete without Asaka, so she's back for the ED, and it's okay.

After school, Nadeshiko, Chiaki, and Aoi gathered in the outdoor activities clubroom for the first time in a while. Recently, they had been working hard at their part-time jobs to afford luxurious camping trips, but today they decided to return to basics and try making an alcohol stove without spending much money. Moving to the science lab, they struggled to punch holes in soft aluminum cans. Nadeshiko changed materials to a steel can and managed to complete the alcohol stove. Then, joined by Ena halfway through, they decided to go light the stove together.

Gonna need to get used to these character designs... I don't know if it's just me, but they look much smaller than usual, lol. Anyway, it's nice to see Rin spending some quality time with her uncle. We didn't see much of them together last season, apart from the whole phone incident on her bike or whatever, so it's a nice change. Speaking of Rin, as usual, every season has to start with her solo camping. It's also great to see all of the OEC back; I missed not only our little group but also the silly antics they get into. And of course, Toba-sensei is all about the alcohol stove... I mean, we know she's an expert when it comes to alcohol, lol.

My main concern for this season won't just be the story (although that's a big concern too, considering the movie felt like a good conclusion), but also the production, given that 8bit is producing THREE shows this season... We'll just have to wait and see, though.

Feb 2020
Finally, the long wait comes to an end. I have missed my sweetheart so much! I'm definitely ready for yet another cute and wholesome season.

It's going to take a while to get used to these new character designs, but they look pretty good.

Little Rin was so cute. :3 And Nadeshiko was as clumsy and hilarious as usual, haha. She'll be always my favorite girl. <3

SerafosApr 4, 12:13 PM
Apr 4, 7:49 AM

Nov 2010
The background that would have been made from photos doesn't match characters. Also the scaling was wrong; for example, some weeds seemed quite big.
Apr 4, 7:58 AM
Dec 2016
8bit have a really massive shoe to fill, I think this episode is pretty good but yeah it's kinda lacking a bit. The vibe is still there tho and I'll keep watching for Rin!
Apr 4, 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
It's back!! our weekly dose of relaxation and camp adventures.
Seeing Loli Rin was a interesting experience it's nice to see how she got into camping.
And it's nice to see the girls again Nadeshiko using to much force in her project was funny.
It also seems we got a new character which is nice.
Apr 4, 8:03 AM
Dec 2018
Many things have changed, mainly character designs with a little excessive moe blob, but Yuru Camp is still Yuru Camp, one of the best Kirara animes of all time. The scenery and the storyline are still as solid as usual
Apr 4, 8:04 AM
Jul 2023
The sound design is good, the visual look good even with some noticeable flaws, and more importantly the casts are back for more camping.
Apr 4, 8:16 AM

Apr 2014
The comfy camping girls are back.
How to burn your school building by Chiaki. lol... At least, they kept it safe.

Locations:
Toei Station
Yahagi Dam
Michi-no-Eki Donguri-no-Sato Inabu
Tsuku Park
the mountaintop
Shojiko Campground
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 4, 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
Good, they kept the talking pinecone!
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 4, 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Yuru Camp is back and while it isn't the strongest or most entertaining episode the franchise has had, it was okay. A new studio is at the helm with 8bit and new character designs are present too which look a little too moeblob for me compared to the other two seasons, which left me worried at first. After watching this episode, it wasn't great but not awful to look at either. Just miss how the characters looked previously, although it did look a little better in certain frames at different angles. Beyond the designs, it was fine. Some parts looked a little rough background-wise but overall, not too bad.

At least the series did manage to retain the comfort vibe that made the franchise beloved in the first place and it was nice to see everyone back (with some extra background too for Rin and her experience learning about camping with her grandfather when she was young). Ayano seems to be back based on the cliffhanger and as a more relevant character again in this series, will be interesting to see her dynamic with Rin in the upcoming episode given that Ayano messaged her. The first half had some camping but nothing that stood out beyond some cutaways to Rin's very brief past scenes with her grandfather. And the second half was all about making some alcohol stoves at school with the others. So can't say it was the most riveting, enjoyable or memorable Yuru Camp episode in the franchise, but it was a passable and light episode to start off season 3. Should be even better in the next few episodes, especially once my mind can get more used to the designs a bit and more actual camping takes place.

ED was really nice here, loved Asaka's song. OP looks good but the vocals aren't doing it for me at all, easily the weakest song by far with this franchise.
animejasApr 4, 8:35 AM
Apr 4, 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
This is finally back! I remember being so happy when this was announced. Btw check out the movie too if you haven't watched it yet.
I personally don't mind the new designs at all, if 8bit can keep the atmosphere, all's good. (But them releasing 3 anime series + a movie this season alone makes me really worried...)

Rin's grandpa! He's so wholesome.
I really like the OP!
4:42 Kodaki (子抱き) means "carying/hugging a child".

The ED is nice too! I guess it'll have parts from the current episode, like with Lycoris Recoil ED.
Really enjoyed it. So good to have this back.
Apr 4, 8:39 AM

May 2015
I am not surprised grandpa was willing to strike fire using just dry wood to show off and make a happy girl form such a cutie as Rin-chan was. I wouldn't mind building a Dyson-sphere for her if she asked me.

The first half of the anime was such a mood! I would rise its rating instantly if this anime just showed the trips of Rin and sometimes her grandad.
IshitatesoApr 4, 9:16 AM
Apr 4, 8:43 AM

Jan 2023
Oh my gosh, little Shimarin is so so so adorable seeing her a second time. I’m so happy Yuru Camp is back!

I love the ending and the upbeat, mellow tone of it. Might be one of my new favorites.
Apr 4, 8:49 AM
Apr 2023
I love the detail of background. It was perfect than before, that's almost similar like a real life. But honestly, if you did watch Yama no Susume from a same studio (8-bit) the character design is same perfectly. So, I don't make it problem and can enjoy it. The identical Yuru Camp like "Konnichiwa" of the fern, the narrator, instructional explaination about how to use/make it safely is still exist. Salute from Mages and 8-bit. Keep on it!

About the storytelling, yeah. Great, enjoy, and funny as before when Your Camp was held by C-Studio in 2018 until 2022. I can't wait Ayano and some new characters would be joining in the story next episodes.
Apr 4, 8:51 AM

Mar 2021
So happy that this amazing show is back, I don't mind the new art style it has its own cutesy charm and Smol Rin-chan is so adorable.
Apr 4, 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
What a great start to another great season of Yuru Camp, I can't wait to see all the comfy once more!
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Apr 4, 8:56 AM
Sep 2021
I feel something off while watching. Comparing with two previous seasons (when C-station handled it), visual quality seems not as good as its predecessors. But the plot still enjoyable.

Nov 2016
Can't believe it's been 3 years since S2 and even less 6 since S1. Getting old 😂

Anyway, so glad to have this back. You simply can't go wrong with this series and I'm looking forward to which heights this season will reach.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2018
i like the new artstyle with the studio change personally. episode was pretty good, felt like a youtube tutorial.
Apr 4, 9:02 AM

Jan 2017
We are sooooooooo back!!! Despite the studio change, I can still feel the comfy camp atmosphere as the previous seasons.
The OP artstyle is really great, I'm loving it, though, the song itself not so much. ED was really good though.
Can't wait for more yuru thursday ehehe
Apr 4, 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
What a way to start the season, loli Rin chan, so adorable. Solo camping yet again but group camping will follow soon enough. Was fun to see Nadeshiko and others, with lots of energy as usual. Sensei sure has lots of experience with alcohol stoves.

I don't mind the new character designs but definitely prefer the older ones. They look like moe lolis now. Otherwise though the visual and animation style is very similar to before. OP/ED were both okay. Good to have this back, can't believe it's been already three years since season 2.
Apr 4, 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
They seemed to have upped the visuals even more. It's almost a full photo background now.

Something has changed with the glasses girl, are the rims a bit thinner or is it something else?
Apr 4, 9:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Little Rin was adorable. Even back then she sure was a curious one. Pretty colorful and catchy OP. The combination of seeing Rin in the present and seeing how her gramps intruduced her to camping really was fun. Though that method of starting a fire sure looked exhausting. The trio's ultra narrow club room though lol. Nadeshiko doesn't lack in tenacity it seems. Alcohol stoves look pretty useful. Nice to see the girls again after so long and can't wait to see the kind of adventures they'll be embarking upon this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
I think even more jarring than the character designs, are the designs of the environments. They feel almost too realistic now. I will hopefully be able to get used to them.

I liked the episode as a whole though. It was nice to have the whole gang show up. Ayano is one of my favorite characters due to design and seiyuu, so I'm glad it looks like she will be featured more this season.

Overall the OP and ED are both good. I think I'd like to hear Asaka sing the OP herself though hahaha. I saw her live in Atlanta last year and got to meet her. She sang a bit of Eternal Star for me personally! She was really nice.
Apr 4, 9:44 AM
Jun 2023
as expected from the same studio that worked on YamaSusu, they handled it well. The animation has improved from the previous 2 seasons, as can be seen from the more fluid character movements
Apr 4, 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
It's understandable to feel a little worried when sequels to anime that you like a lot changes studios and staff, which is the case here as well. Having said that, I had full faith that 8bit would do a solid job here after seeing their adaptation of Encouragement Of Climb over the last year or so.

Upon first episode impressions, my expectations in 8bit was met easily. The artstyle is different now and it will take a while to get used to it, but I think it looks pretty good. As with Encouragement Of Climb, the background art is excellent, with how well detailed Mt Fuji looked like with Rin solo camping not too far away.

Speaking of Rin, I enjoyed seeing the backstory of her when she was younger, travelling with her grandfather, which in effect, sparked her interest in camping after spotting his camping gear in the back of his van before he showed her one way to start a fire while enjoying the beautiful countryside in front of them. The latter half's segment with Nadeshiko, Chiaki and Aoi making homemade alcohol stoves was also entertaining, mostly due to Nadeshiko going through trial and error before making hers work with a steel can instead of an aluminium one. XD

One thing that Yuru Camp does really well are the OP and ED songs and for this season, that form continues. The OP from Kiminone is super catchy, which matches well with the lovely artstyle. As for the ED, Asaka is back with a calm, but catchy melody which pairs with Nadeshiko alone on the train, where she does sing along with the song at one point, which is rather cute.

Overall, I think this is a solid start to Yuru Camp season 3. This is one of the few series where I do have high expectations, so if the third season can keep this strong start all the way to the last episode, then I'll be very satisfied.
Apr 4, 9:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I was sure there’d be no more Yurukan content after the movie but here we are! It’ll take some time to get used to the new character designs, but the jolliness of the characters are still intact and that takes precedence above all.

Great theme songs, once again. Op is a bit different from the typical tracks we have gotten from the series to date, but that could make for a nice change too, let’s see.

Rin-chan’s grandfather and little Rin-chan section was so adorable! And hey, Aichi prefecture. I’m going there in mid-May. Maybe I’ll drop by there for a bit of a pilgrimage, lol.

Cutting hair in the open, yeah, that sounds nice and all but definitely not a bright idea, lol. Day yard camp sounds chill though, not a bad compromise.

Of course Sensei knows about AlCoHoL stove, xD. Jokes aside, her insights were very informative!

Glad to have this back now, although this will be giving winter vibes throughout which will be interesting, lol. Good thing there’s Australia right around the corner to consider, lmao.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 10:00 AM
Oct 2017
The artstyle very same like manga
Apr 4, 10:09 AM
Nov 2023
I've been waiting for this anime for a long time because this anime is a good stress reliever anime. But after I saw episode 1 of Yuru Camp Season 3 I felt very disappointed. It's true that visually it is extraordinary, but in terms of animation I see a laziness there.

Starting from the stiff scene transitions, the use of too many Long Shot and Zoom in angles in my opinion, the less music used even though in the previous season there were many beautiful and trivial moments accompanied by beautiful music. And for some reason I felt that there were many scenes repeating themselves which bothered me while watching. And one more thing, maybe everyone's tastes will be different, but it's a shame that Eri Sasaki, the Ending Song Season 1 and 2 singer, doesn't appear in season 3. The song Asaka sung was actually very impressive and relaxing, but not as relaxing as the song sung by Eri Sasaki in the previous season.
Apr 4, 10:12 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to ShizukaEri
I've been waiting for this anime for a long time because this anime is a good stress reliever anime. But after I saw episode 1 of Yuru Camp Season 3 I felt very disappointed. It's true that visually it is extraordinary, but in terms of animation I see a laziness there.

Starting from the stiff scene transitions, the use of too many Long Shot and Zoom in angles in my opinion, the less music used even though in the previous season there were many beautiful and trivial moments accompanied by beautiful music. And for some reason I felt that there were many scenes repeating themselves which bothered me while watching. And one more thing, maybe everyone's tastes will be different, but it's a shame that Eri Sasaki, the Ending Song Season 1 and 2 singer, doesn't appear in season 3. The song Asaka sung was actually very impressive and relaxing, but not as relaxing as the song sung by Eri Sasaki in the previous season.
@ShizukaEri enjoying bro ~_~
Apr 4, 10:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The flashbacks between Rin and her grandfather were really cute :) Also nice to see the other girls again already making an alcohol stove for camping
Apr 4, 10:42 AM
May 2023
Cone-ichiwa. That is all
Apr 4, 10:42 AM

Feb 2012
I might be wrong, but some if not most of the backgrounds look like edited photos, are they just that hyper-realistic?
Apr 4, 11:06 AM

Nov 2023
Very chill episode with a good wholesome
flashback of rin with her grandpa.

The girls are back and it's gonna be another soothing season. ^_^

Hush! My dear, don't you cry
Pino gonna sing you a lullaby
Hush! My dear, don't be sad
Pino gonna sing a song he heard.
Apr 4, 11:19 AM
Mar 2022
It has a very pleasant and beautiful designs
Apr 4, 11:31 AM
Aug 2022
the style seems so playful and cartoony which is what i expected it to feel, the op and ed are literal masterpieces and the vibrant colors make me think this isnt real. The studio literally knocked this out of the park
Apr 4, 11:32 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
The ultimate pine cone made it's return and saying "Hello" to us. I like those kind of small things in series.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 4, 11:41 AM
Mar 2018
The first part of the episode, with Rin and her grandpa, was so cute! I love the relationship those two have; it always makes me feel warm and wistful, seeing such strong family bonds. Not to mention that little baby Rin-chan is so adorable! x)

The second part, with Nadeshiko and the girls, was pretty fun. I liked their experiment, as well as the idea of Aki getting her hair cut by Ena in the middle of a windy field. XD I can't wait for their backyard camping, next week. ^^
Apr 4, 12:18 PM
Aug 2020
After having seen this episode, I am now 100% confident in the new studio. I've missed my girls a lot. <3
Apr 4, 12:32 PM
Apr 2022
RELAXIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 4, 12:46 PM

Jan 2017
It isn't ugly by any means, but I prefer the previous studio nonetheless. It's probably just because I haven't used to this one yet. Otherwise, it was nice and fun, also the grandpa must've been a gigachad in his heydays. The OST is also god tier as always.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 4, 12:47 PM

Aug 2009
The art style took a serius hit for both animation and the backgrounds... But this is so fking wholesome I dont even care :3
Apr 4, 1:22 PM

Dec 2010
That art style though... I love 8bit and think they're definitely a better studio than C-Station, but it seems like they're not bringing their A game to this. Also did they delete Inuko's Inukos?
Apr 4, 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
It's back! Man, this show is so special. It always makes me happy, I always watch it with a smile on my face... I love it.

I know about the change of studio and staff but maybe it's because it's been 3 years since I watched the second season but design wise, I really didn't see much difference. In fact, I think I like this Ena more although I don't know if it's the new design or her hair is just longer haha. I like Aki's longer bangs as well.

I did notice the photorealistic backgrounds more though. It's not bad but it's different.

Small Rin is adorable <3, I'm so happy to have her back. By the way, where is her hair bun?

OP visuals are great but I prefer the ending song.

Looking forward to a "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin-chan!"
Apr 4, 1:46 PM

Aug 2010
Actually pretty distracted by the new art.. I guess I need some getting used to before I can fully enjoy this series again :( the music are still great though.
Apr 4, 1:53 PM

Nov 2017
A breath of sweetness in this raw world with this third season of Yuru Camp, it's exactly what I need right now!
Apr 4, 2:10 PM
Jun 2020
The animation got a huge downgrade.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - 8 hours ago

22 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

65 by masterP »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

66 by Comander-07 »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

61 by Comander-07 »»
May 21, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

64 by Comander-07 »»
May 21, 3:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.