Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's just so wild to think how much experimentation can change a person into their demon form.

Kyouka is very determined this episode to bring the fight to her enemies. Her allies seems to determined to prove themselves as well. It's still sad to know about the circumstances with experimentation though. I guess in this world's past and present, anything can happen. Kyouka and Tenka seems to have their own little character rivalry going on.
Mar 7, 6:29 AM

Dec 2021
Oh damn, Tenka going full yandere? I'm not sure I'm ready for that...

Kyouka and the rest of the Corps have finally reached the hidden village of humanoid shuuki. To clear the path, Shushu and Sahara confront Koko and Kumadouji, while Naon and Akura face off against Himari and Yachiho, allowing the leaders to proceed ahead. Upon safely reuniting with Yuuki, Kyouka and the rest of the Corps learn the unsettling truth that the humanoid shuuki were once humans and had undergone human experimentation at the Onmyou Agency. Kyouka promises to dismantle the agency, but Tenka insists on attacking the academy to rescue their comrades, leading to a confrontation. The showdown between Kyouka's group and the humanoid shuuki begins.

The Onmyou Agency setup feels like it's leading to a big conflict. They could've been nicer and asked for cooperation instead of causing trouble. But I like that they can still talk things out instead of fighting right away. Tenka is definitely the best girl. Her antics, like teleporting behind Yuuki and teasing his sister, are just hilarious. And her constant ara ara face is classic. She's always calling herself 'sister,' like she's family. Total best girl material.

There's a reason why Tenka is regarded as best girl, and this episode really shows why.

Mar 7, 8:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wonder is there any kind of correlation in whether one's personality affects whether they gain new abilities or mutations. Still the news that Mato is used as a testing ground for those humans unfortunate enough to enter it really was grim. Yuuki though sure is in quite the position stuck between the corps and his sis as he is. Its also nice to see some nice pairups as well and see how they fare in their attempts to get Yuuki out. The factions that make up the humanoids though looks to really complicate things next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 8:18 AM

Feb 2021
Dammit, I mistook the time this comes out by 30 minutes for some reason. And the official subs are messed up apparently.

6:39 熊童子 (kuma douji) - lit. "bear child"

6:43 Akura isn't a Japanese word, so idk.

6:50 一本角 (ipponzu lit. one horn) - "Unihorn". 鬼童丸 (kidoumaru) - lit "Demon child circle/complete"

Lmaoooo I love how Tenka didn't wait until she finished her monologue and just took Yuuki and left like a boss.
That's... a really nice reward. And I'm really seeing why she is the fan favorite now.
The gang at the end are Shuuki progenitors or creators I assume.
Cool episode. I really wish this had better animation though.
Mar 7, 9:00 AM

Oct 2022
Why are the subs so messed up, I've heard this happened to a few other anime as well.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 7, 10:09 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah story is whatever. Fanservice was meh.
Give us better fanservice, i think this is the only thing the anime can offer.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 7, 11:05 AM

Jul 2016
Tenka really just casually joined Kyouka on Yuuki's reward session and introduced herself as Aoba's in-law to her face lmao. It gets more and more apprent why her fanbase is as big as it is.

Wonder how Yuuki would do against Coco and her bear thing if Shushu rode him in his beefed up form.
Mar 7, 12:36 PM

Feb 2019
Moral of the story: don’t eat random peaches

The look on Aoba face when Tenka just stole Yuuki with her teleportation ability and then introducing herself as Aoba’s sister in law 😂 yea she’s best girl by a mile. Not to mention her joining in on Yuuki’s reward out of her own volition. A finger job is crazy.. too bad it didn’t last that long.

Thought we might get a truce once Aoba explained what happened to her, but nope. Aoba and the commanders will be fighting. Next episode. Can’t wait
Marinate1016Mar 7, 1:10 PM
Mar 7, 1:26 PM
May 2022
Did HiDive mess up the subs for this episode because the videos uploaded online have the wrong subtitles?
Mar 7, 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
I got to see a nipple this episode, so now I am stroking uncontrollably.

Mar 7, 2:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So now we know the truth on how Aoba and her fellow freaky babes became the way they are, and of course this means the demon defense force is fighting the wrong enemy atm lol, and this also means the actual baddies are gonna have a perfect entrance to the fight and I’m betting they somehow convince Aoba and the other two to them since they’re going for a godlike appearance and all, and it’s gonna be a shame to see if that does end up happening but I’m looking forward to the oncoming battles.

And speaking of battles, what we’ve seen so far has been pretty sweet with the defense force girls having the upper hand at first and then finding themselves in trouble with the reveals of the weird powers these transformed girls have. And the stuff with Aoba was pretty funny with Tenka just swooping in and taking Yuuki without a fight lol, and of course there was the finger scene which at first I wasn’t that into but then Tenka joined in voluntarily and it became 20x hotter lol, something about it being two girls instead of one. And after being unable to stop the fighting we’ve now got a match of Aoba and the Unihorn versus Tenka and Kyouka, these last two episodes are probably gonna be wild.
Mar 7, 2:47 PM
Feb 2022
curious to see where this is going
Mar 7, 4:15 PM
Oct 2019
Kyouka and Tenka sucking Yuuki fingers, "It should have been me, NOT HIM"
Mar 7, 4:46 PM
Sep 2021
oooo. I liked this episode. hopefully both parties will be able to work together to fight the greater evil and settle their differences
Mar 7, 5:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the ecchi/fanservice in this show is honestly pretty mid, good thing the girls are so god damn simp worthy, cause this show ain't nowhere near as sexy as combat ecchi of the past... we BARELY even get bouncing tits, let alone much else other than some nudity here and there

unless the BDs add extra shit, then yea, this show might be FUCKED... cause yea... as much as it still easily gonna be my favorite anime of the last few years... its NOT as hot as i want it to be

show doesn't seem to care much about us fans of female vs female raunchy fighting, which is EASILY the best market this series could target

this is why people keep comparing it to Magical Girls... that show is giving the number of FUCKS this one SHOULD be

CorayyAnime said:

the story feels alot better when you read it... as for the fanservice... yea.. its honestly pretty tame
EcchiGodMamsterMar 7, 5:15 PM
Mar 7, 5:12 PM

Apr 2022
finger lickin' good.
Mar 7, 6:34 PM
May 2020
caught between a rock and a hard place there
Mar 7, 6:56 PM
Oct 2021
Funny thing the voice actor for the model character is actually the sister in law of maaya Uchida, the person who plays tenka.
Mar 7, 7:08 PM
Apr 2021
Before I even say anything…YACHIHO FANSERVICE!!!!! I was NOT expecting to see her nipple at all in this show so I’m happy we got something from her😩😩😩🙏🏽

Man I do feel bad for the humanoid people they got experimented on for years and had every inch of their body examined which makes me uneasy considering what I imagine happened to them,☹️ and I guess Yuuki couldn’t stop his sister, Kyouka and Tenka from fighting it was inevitable tbh

Those villains at the end seem like they might take advantage of the chaos that’s going on between the Demon force and the Humanoids I feel like they’re just gonna attack both groups for the sake of being evil

I never get tired of the opening song and the ending song man🔥🔥🔥🔥
Mar 7, 7:55 PM

Mar 2007
Well that certainly threw a spanner in the works. His sister was one of many that the peaches had unintended effects on, so she ended up as one of many lab rats for the Onmiyoji? gang. Eventually the prisoners rebelled and escaped, and now they're out for revenge. Understandable.

That cliffhanger ending though, argh!
Mar 7, 9:50 PM

Jan 2018
So, the humanoids were experimented on even though they were humans? That's messed up. They have every reason to be mad at them then. But I wonder how much of their hate and anger is influenced by the power of the peach, which apparently can go haywire.

Lol. Since when did Tenka become Yuuki's girlfriend? Pretty cunning of her to declare herself as the girlfriend like that.
Mar 7, 11:03 PM

Sep 2018
It's been an OK show, kind of overshadowed by Gushing over Magical Girls this season, but not too bad nevertheless. I do think the fanservice is pretty tame as well, echoing others here.
Mar 7, 11:16 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Though it's nice that everything ended in an all-out battle, I was hoping for a little more time of interaction between Yuuki's sister group and the Anti-Demon Corps. Their dialogue before the battle was very interesting, but too short.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Mar 8, 12:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to FarCritical
Tenka really just casually joined Kyouka on Yuuki's reward session and introduced herself as Aoba's in-law to her face lmao. It gets more and more apprent why her fanbase is as big as it is.

Wonder how Yuuki would do against Coco and her bear thing if Shushu rode him in his beefed up form.
@FarCritical Yeah, she really lives up to hype that manga readers have about her. That was a masterstroke of psychological warfare against her future sister in law.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 1:32 AM

May 2015
Being victims of a Mato Mishap and being used as experiments totally destroyed their trust of humans. It definitely makes sense. Tenka is so aggressive in her pursuit of Yuuki it's funny watching everyone else be offput by it.
Mar 8, 9:10 AM

May 2019
Hearing how Naon and the other girls were experimented upon makes their goal of revenge understandable, although with the 3rd group hunting them down maybe Kyouka's and Tenka's group can help. On that note hopefully Himari is ok as it looks like she got stabbed pretty badly there.
Mar 8, 10:25 AM
Sep 2021
Got to learn about yuuki's sister & friends past in mato & also gods are arriving?? The story is getting interesting.
Mar 8, 10:46 AM
Jan 2024
EcchiGodMamster said:
the ecchi/fanservice in this show is honestly pretty mid, good thing the girls are so god damn simp worthy, cause this show ain't nowhere near as sexy as combat ecchi of the past... we BARELY even get bouncing tits, let alone much else other than some nudity here and there

unless the BDs add extra shit, then yea, this show might be FUCKED... cause yea... as much as it still easily gonna be my favorite anime of the last few years... its NOT as hot as i want it to be

show doesn't seem to care much about us fans of female vs female raunchy fighting, which is EASILY the best market this series could target

this is why people keep comparing it to Magical Girls... that show is giving the number of FUCKS this one SHOULD be

CorayyAnime said:

the story feels alot better when you read it... as for the fanservice... yea.. its honestly pretty tame

U should know that even if it's an ecchi anime, there is absolutely no need to over emphasize on bouncing boobs during a fight. It just makes the fight raunchy and nothing more. Anyhow the story keeps getting better. Hoping there would be a season 2 after this and better fight scenes and animations(though the animations are pretty good if u ask me, though the fight scenes can be done much better) And more ecchi scenes as well
Mar 8, 11:01 AM

Feb 2021
This episode censors yet more stuff, this time by completely skipping some scenes...

Mar 8, 1:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Neko_Arashi
EcchiGodMamster said:

CorayyAnime said:

U should know that even if it's an ecchi anime, there is absolutely no need to over emphasize on bouncing boobs during a fight. It just makes the fight raunchy and nothing more. Anyhow the story keeps getting better. Hoping there would be a season 2 after this and better fight scenes and animations(though the animations are pretty good if u ask me, though the fight scenes can be done much better) And more ecchi scenes as well
Neko_Arashi said:
there is absolutely no need to over emphasize on bouncing boobs during a fight. It just makes the fight raunchy and nothing more.

that is EXACTLY what the fuck i want and the fact that the show isn't doing that is DEFINITELY hurting its performance

pretty much EVERY OTHER battle ecchi of the past has done that, the fact that this show isn't just makes it seem as though its trying to be more appealing to normies, which can only hurt it as its people like me who bend over backwards to try to keep shows like them going
Mar 8, 1:52 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to EcchiGodMamster

CorayyAnime said:

@EcchiGodMamster Speaking of BDs, you have no idea how much the sales are in the mud right now

Merchandise must be pulling better numbers than the goddamn anime

Meanwhile, there another certain anime this season that gave the fans what they wanted and didn't got censored is now doing absolutely great and overshadowed DS
Mar 8, 2:11 PM
Jul 2014
Stormy_77 said:
Well that certainly threw a spanner in the works. His sister was one of many that the peaches had unintended effects on, so she ended up as one of many lab rats for the Onmiyoji? gang. Eventually the prisoners rebelled and escaped, and now they're out for revenge. Understandable.

Not quite. From what they said, the sister was never captured and experimented on, she found her way to the escapees instead.
Mar 8, 3:20 PM
Jan 2024
EcchiGodMamster said:
Neko_Arashi said:
there is absolutely no need to over emphasize on bouncing boobs during a fight. It just makes the fight raunchy and nothing more.

that is EXACTLY what the fuck i want and the fact that the show isn't doing that is DEFINITELY hurting its performance

pretty much EVERY OTHER battle ecchi of the past has done that, the fact that this show isn't just makes it seem as though its trying to be more appealing to normies, which can only hurt it as its people like me who bend over backwards to try to keep shows like them going

Sorry then. Stop shedding tears. If you would continue to complain then don't watch it. It's as easy as that😀🫴
Mar 8, 6:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to KimLostSon
@EcchiGodMamster Speaking of BDs, you have no idea how much the sales are in the mud right now

Meanwhile, there another certain anime this season that gave the fans what they wanted and didn't got censored is now doing absolutely great and overshadowed DS
KimLostSon said:

yea man... NOT SHOCKED unfortunately... some studios/companies just LOVE to pander to audiences that either DON'T EXIST or DON'T buy shit... then they fuck up beloved material and wonder why it flops

then you get the creators that DON'T GIVE A SHIT AND KNOW THE REAL AUDIENCE and theyre successful

hm... i wonder why

Neko_Arashi said:
Sorry then. Stop shedding tears. If you would continue to complain then don't watch it. It's as easy as that😀🫴

its still MOSTLY giving me the kinda anime i like the most so no way in hell i'd ever drop it, im still gonna support it so even if it flops, i can hopefully get other anime like it
Mar 8, 10:03 PM
Feb 2024
The gift from tenka and kyouka is such amazing
Mar 8, 11:23 PM

Oct 2020
I hope their stories are true.
Mar 9, 1:15 AM

Aug 2022
Full of fights, but this has only just begun.

Yuuki also couldn't do much there. Because Aoba also looks very serious it seems. And also looks like Shikoku starting to move will be more interesting.

RafaBryanMar 9, 1:22 AM
Mar 9, 4:49 AM

Mar 2008
Were the subs AI translated? SyuSyu?

Anyway I feel there should have been more to cover the experiments. Since it didnt really sound that bad just from simply saying experiments. But like they didnt have to hold them all against their will over it though so the revenge is still understandable even if the experiments werent too bad, but i assume they were.

Was fun seeing Tenka just jump on in licking and sucking on Yuuki's finger then introduce herself as going out with him to his sister lol
Mar 11, 11:32 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to Mirality
Stormy_77 said:

Not quite. From what they said, the sister was never captured and experimented on, she found her way to the escapees instead.
@Mirality Ah still, his sister is one of the "bad" side effect ones, so she would have been captured for experimentation if they found her, right? Just so happens she ended up with the lab rat escapees. None of them have any reason to trust the establishment, at this time.
Mar 13, 3:09 PM
Oct 2023
well looks like we have 3 sides in this fight. Will be really interesting to see how all of this plays out.Tenka calling Yukkis sister, sister in law is crazy too lmao
Mar 14, 6:09 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to SenpaiTM
@CorayyAnime Anime has been a huge disappointment. They failed at both adaptation and fanservice. Expected better from studio that made Sekirei
Mar 14, 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
too much things happening with no results. damn i need next episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 14, 10:03 PM

Jul 2017
Yuuki's first time seeing a Mato Peach that caused Aoba and the others to transform to their current selves, Naon suffered a fate worse than death being a lab rat for the experimentation of the Shuuki after being involved in a Mato Mishap. Unfortunately, just like in the human world, the Onmyou Bureau acts as a government policy company in the Mato world to silence people like Aoba for the dark and grisly side of the Mato Peach. And both the 6th and 7th Squadrons working in tandem, the commanders face forward saving Yuuki, and it's easy with Tenka's teleportation. Despite the rewards from both commanders, that's not enough to stop Aoba from tracking them down.

Shushu and Sahara vs. Coco, and the Azuma sisters vs. Naon, it's not the easiest of fights, much less the breakdown of negotiations between the commanders and not wanting Yuuki to step into the fight. And the gods...they'll make this battle more complicated.

The highlight: Tenka introducing herself as the sister-in-law and Yuuki's boyfriend, that's why she has the rizz as Best Girl.
Mar 15, 8:20 PM

Sep 2023
Yuuki finds himself in the middle of the two camps! Will he stay loyal to the Defense Force or will he help his sister combat the Onmyou Bureau?
Mar 18, 5:40 AM
Mar 2019
This looks like it's headed for an explosive confrontation...among three different factions. Hmm...
Mar 21, 4:44 AM

Oct 2017
Tenka down bad lmao, using the best of every oppurtunity and even calling her sister in law.
Mar 21, 6:19 AM

May 2020
Yeah people are fighting, there was a (supposed-to-be) sad backstory, and then someone cracked an unfunny joke about being the sister in law or whatever, and... now what? We need to take it seriously?
Mar 22, 7:36 AM

Feb 2021
They don't like to have agreement and peaceful life... It's a shame... but that's what make it more interesting because lot of fighting scene XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 24, 4:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kinda sad how they became victims of these experimentations, makes sense why they want revenge, too bad they couldn't just team up with our main group, the other ones at the end are coming and seems to be no joke
Mar 25, 3:21 AM

Jun 2020
Maybe I dont understand somet But why tf everyone eated a random fruit that they see in a different dimension and it’s doesn’t sounds like the peaches has a effect that want people to eat them so wtf
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

186 by adbeaver »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14

48 by Code0018 »»
Jun 15, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29

60 by Code0018 »»
Jun 15, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

102 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 7, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
May 31, 2:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.