Forum Settings
Forums

What are your thoughts on man who buy books/hire coaches to help them with getting woman?

New
Jun 3, 2023 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
Do you applaud their efforts to improve?  Or view them as something else?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2023 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
Depends on the motivation for doing so and methods they wind up using. 
Jun 3, 2023 3:56 PM

Jun 2017
Those products are honestly just scams, i really doubt they help you get dates. Dating is just something you either get or you don't, there's nothing a book can help you with. You just kinda have to learn by experience.

The people who buy them though, i feel bad because i've been in their shoes. Dating is difficult. I've been lonely to the point where i was considering coaches and books.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jun 3, 2023 3:59 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I applaud their effort to improve whether it really works or not, they thrive to be better.
I wish them the best...

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 3, 2023 4:00 PM

Aug 2021
Useless, there are no specific methods to seduce women and if they discover that the guy they are dating has taken a course, it is not known what kind of reaction they will have.

Jun 3, 2023 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Buying books and simultaneously hiring coaches? that's overkill.

He should just stick with books, at least they have more interesting value than getting laid.
Jun 3, 2023 4:05 PM

Feb 2011
I don't know what kind of information those coaches provide, but saying learning dating tips is useless is the same as saying learning any kind of social skills is useless which is wrong.
Jun 3, 2023 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Depends on the intention of things. If it's to help find love then i'd applaud without a doubt, but if it's just for boner relief then nah man lol.. 

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Jun 3, 2023 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
Rinrinka said:
I applaud their effort to improve whether it really works or not, they thrive to be better.
I wish them the best...

So what would you do if you find out that the guy youre dating has books/coaches?
Jun 3, 2023 5:11 PM

Jun 2014
i feel a sense of pride in fellow human males trying to improve on something that they think needs improvement, and any other human being can think of it as something noble. i do not think that even 5% of the male population needs to spend actual money on this, though, because you can find married couples in every corner of this totally not flat earth and follow their advices or follow in their footsteps. or you can ask your parents, or your friends, or even find free advices on the internet if you really want to hear things from the mouth of a stranger. and maybe the help they needed was also inside their consciousness all along. many times, other people, when giving advices, only give placebos

Watching: 2 jdrama, 3 anime
Reading: 1 manga

Jun 3, 2023 5:17 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
oooo3333 said:
Rinrinka said:
I wish them the best...

So what would you do if you find out that the guy youre dating has books/coaches?

It's not something embarrassing so I wouldn't think anything bad about it. I would respect him more even because he went to such length just to date with me.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 3, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 2022
pretty much a scam. You need looks, lots of guy friends, success, be good at school, job so many things to align to even consider having a girlfriend in this day, pua tactics ain't doing shit. It is hell being a guy in this day and age, especially since feminism killed marriage, birth rates, dating
Jun 3, 2023 6:11 PM

Mar 2008
For those of you who haven't seen this stuff it ranges from weird trickery like wearing cologne in a scent that matches their dead dad so you can sleep with them from them missing their dad (im serious ive seen that lol), to advice on dealing with anxiety being around someone you like and getting up the nerve to ask some girl out you're in love with and maintaining a relationship so it's really hard to generalize. 
Jun 3, 2023 6:22 PM

Dec 2016
I think rather poorly of him.

>_>

<_<

>:3

For not reading my fanfiction first that is.

Chaldea Anti-Thot Hit Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo

Summary:
Gudao assembles the Anti-Thot Hit Squad once again.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/29923896

Jun 3, 2023 6:25 PM

Aug 2021
DEMSpirit said:
pretty much a scam. You need looks, lots of guy friends, success, be good at school, job so many things to align to even consider having a girlfriend in this day, pua tactics ain't doing shit. It is hell being a guy in this day and age, especially since feminism killed marriage, birth rates, dating

Feminism did not kill marriage, birth rates or dating, because feminist women continue to marry, have children and date.

Jun 3, 2023 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
I have no judgements of them. There's no shame in seeking guidance. Getting successful results and being better at something usually involves learning from others.
Jun 3, 2023 7:33 PM

Jun 2011
I think they are pretty pathetic for caring that much about getting a woman.
Jun 3, 2023 10:00 PM

Aug 2011
As long as the guy isn’t somehow deceiving or otherwise harming the woman he gets with, I think it’s fine if he uses outside sources to get some tips or guidance. I don’t really see it as any different than getting help with something else that doesn’t come naturally to someone, like public speaking or small talk.
Jun 3, 2023 11:18 PM

Nov 2022
I sell them books for money and make money on them.

So I approve of them.

By my book, it will help you with that.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 4, 2023 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
I never needed it and I can't imagine that it would help much, most of those are a scam and don't replace real experience, maybe even give you wrong expectations. The only advice you'll ever need is that girls are also just human.
Jun 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Sep 2014
i... guess i would respect the effort? i don't really get it, imo the best rizz would be the unspoken rizz that comes with being the best version of yourself, so if this falls under that category then i say by all means go for it i suppose xd
Jun 4, 2023 3:11 AM

May 2010
I don't know why someone would want a relationship this badly, but if they are willing to improve for the sake of it, then all the luck to them, except I'm not sure if these books or coaches are actually helpful.
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Jun 4, 2023 3:50 AM

Jul 2021
I have some serious doubts those actually work...
Jun 4, 2023 3:54 AM

May 2014
I think they should play super seducer and then promptly get arrested for trying out the techniques on real women lol.

In all seriousness I'm not sure what I'd think. Maybe feel a bit bad that they've felt the need to do that stuff. Then again, maybe some people need to be told the basic things we assume everyone knows. 
Jun 4, 2023 4:27 AM

Jan 2021
Never thought about it before but if it happened to me maybe I would appreciate the effort, as long as the information and methods he got from the book/coach didn't harm me. Although appreciating his efforts is not the same as me accepting him.

Jun 4, 2023 4:35 AM

Apr 2019
The kind of people who's willing to learn from their mistakes and improve themselves are always the best kind-- even by hiring coaches or buying books (not from shady people but actual professionals)

People who do nothing to better themselves, but blame others-- in this case, women who reject them are insufferable

Jun 4, 2023 5:44 AM

Oct 2014
The thought of paying someone to give you dating advice seems silly. Firsthand experience is the best approach. Unless someone is hopelessly socially awkward or cripplingly afraid of the opposite (or same) sex, then just shoot your shot and see what happens. You get something out of it whether the outcome is good or bad.

I feel romantic relationships should be more so spontaneous rather than something you work for since I'm not the chaser type. Never been the one to make the first move. I suppose it's a combination of the fear of rejection and not having an absolute need to be in a relationship.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured girls aren't into guys who are desperate to have a girlfriend.
Jun 4, 2023 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
If it helps them in anyway, cool…….
Jun 4, 2023 7:09 AM

Jan 2023
Judging from the content I’ve seen regarding this, I think it’s stupid

But I’ll give them props for the effort at least
Jun 4, 2023 2:58 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I call them stupid... They'll never get any Women to love them..

Jun 4, 2023 2:59 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@_meimei don't think it helps them land a date with you..
Most of these men are 5ft 5 and below

Jun 4, 2023 3:01 PM

Feb 2017
I feel bad for them, self help books usually are scams and pick up artist type things are even worse.
Jun 4, 2023 3:00 PM

Jun 2023
They are a great source of income for alphas.
Jun 4, 2023 3:03 PM

Jun 2021
It's idiotic. A lot of the advices are mysogynistic and they teach men how to manipulate women into loving you. Usually the motivator is sex which I think is a waste of time. Your goal should be companionship. There are plenty of degenerates who will give you easy sex and you don't need to manipulate them.
Jun 5, 2023 5:05 AM

Dec 2020
I've seen girls with hair greasier than a Maccas kitchen mop left to dry overnight with a boyfriend. I've seen some golem-looking ones walking around with boyfriends that were better looking than them with normal, healthy human skin. If you're a woman, you can abandon basic hygiene completely and there's still at least a couple of desperate mofos clinging to you. Whereas, if you're a guy, you're expected to have top model looks and a seven figures bank account to even be considered worthy enough to be dateable. Why are there no dating coaches catering to women? Because they’re the ones who can weigh the balance. So yes, women are advantaged in dating to an absurd degree, so if you're unattractive, you better hope you're naturally funny (and even then, it only plays in your favor if you're also famous in some way) and ask everyone you meet out until someone agrees (this is why bi people with low standards have bi privileged, their dating pool is bigger). 

Of course, none of this applies to me since I'm exceptionally beautiful, just stating the obvious here.

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Jun 5, 2023 5:21 AM

Dec 2020
Pyro said:
The thought of paying someone to give you dating advice seems silly. Firsthand experience is the best approach. Unless someone is hopelessly socially awkward or cripplingly afraid of the opposite (or same) sex, then just shoot your shot and see what happens. You get something out of it whether the outcome is good or bad.
People pay others for even dumber things than dating, like interior decorating (too dumb to pick your own furniture and arrange your living space), fashion consultants, pet coaching, trade coaching, life coaching (too dumb to take any initiative in your life). Hell, I'd say that if you were to go to a place like South Korea or most of Asia, and make a dating buisness there, you could get rich pretty quickly, some rich parents would even hire you.
Never underestimate the ways you could make money out of clueless people (70% or more of our world's population).

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Jun 5, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Absurdo_N said:
DEMSpirit said:

Feminism did not kill marriage, birth rates or dating, because feminist women continue to marry, have children and date.

They got a spine and only would marry a partner, who respects them and those guys, who whine about feminism ruining everything, don't like to see that.
Jun 5, 2023 5:48 AM

Dec 2020
traed said:
For those of you who haven't seen this stuff it ranges from weird trickery like wearing cologne in a scent that matches their dead dad so you can sleep with them from them missing their dad (im serious ive seen that lol), to advice on dealing with anxiety being around someone you like and getting up the nerve to ask some girl out you're in love with and maintaining a relationship so it's really hard to generalize. 
Never heard about the Cologne thing, where have you heard that one? More importantly, how do you even go about doing this? Do you ask the girl straight up if her parents are dead? Do these people only look for potential dates in grieving groups? Do you spray yourself with every single dad smell and hope one of those gets her wet? I might try that out.

Jun 5, 2023 8:23 AM

Jun 2022
very sad, i think it is very sad. sounds like making yourself unable to socialize normally, just as fulfilling a role in a predefined framework
Jun 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2022
Literal scum of the genepool. If you need a book and a muscly incel to tell you how to get women, you probably don't deserve a gee eff
Jun 5, 2023 8:44 AM

Mar 2008
DYNASTIA said:
traed said:
Never heard about the Cologne thing, where have you heard that one? More importantly, how do you even go about doing this? Do you ask the girl straight up if her parents are dead? Do these people only look for potential dates in grieving groups? Do you spray yourself with every single dad smell and hope one of those gets her wet? I might try that out.
No idea where it was on some website or one of those long videos they try to sell you some ebook lol I don't know it didnt even mention how to obtain that information and i dont think it said they had to be dead just missed but it was so weird.  Eh that could work the other way around if someone doesnt like their dad you smelling like them might bring back bad memories when they are around you. 
Jun 5, 2023 10:37 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Same as people who buy books and courses about get quick rich schemes.
They are easy marks.
There is no secret it all boils down to looks, money, status and communication skills.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jun 5, 2023 12:49 PM
❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀

Oct 2019
I think it's pitiful. All one needs to do is become friends with the person that they're interested in and when the time is right and you two pair well then you ask them out. That is it. It's a natural process not some test you have to take. 

Anyone saying anything else is overthinking things and has never had a normal human interaction before outside of a screen. 
Jun 5, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Paying another man to tell you what women like is gay as fuck. Especially given women don't even agree with those dating coaches, so the advice is useless and incorrect. If their advice actually worked, they'd be out of a job and people would stop buying their products out of desperation. These things are scams which prey on vulnerable people struggling with loneliness, poor self-esteem, etc.
Jun 5, 2023 4:36 PM
Apr 2022
Absurdo_N said:
DEMSpirit said:

Feminism literally revolves around the idea that women are oppressed by men and women need no man, and independence. Why do you think there are so many 30 year old cat/dog ladies who rejected so many guys in high school, college, now no guy wants to get with them.
Pyro said:

I feel romantic relationships should be more so spontaneous rather than something you work for since I'm not the chaser type. Never been the one to make the first move. I suppose it's a combination of the fear of rejection and not having an absolute need to be in a relationship.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured girls aren't into guys who are desperate to have a girlfriend.
Women in their college, high school years are almost conditioned to turn down/ghost every guy that approaches them because they are always told a better option will come. The law can get men arrested for approaching women. And for women want to enjoy their 20s. ONce deep in their 20s, they basically learned they pretty much wasted it doing nothing productive outside work. They lose their looks and become a 30 year old cat/dog lady. This story happens every single time. 
Jun 5, 2023 5:38 PM

Aug 2021
DEMSpirit said:
Absurdo_N said:

Feminism literally revolves around the idea that women are oppressed by men and women need no man, and independence. Why do you think there are so many 30 year old cat/dog ladies who rejected so many guys in high school, college, now no guy wants to get with them.
Pyro said:

Women in their college, high school years are almost conditioned to turn down/ghost every guy that approaches them because they are always told a better option will come. The law can get men arrested for approaching women. And for women want to enjoy their 20s. ONce deep in their 20s, they basically learned they pretty much wasted it doing nothing productive outside work. They lose their looks and become a 30 year old cat/dog lady. This story happens every single time. 

Women are oppressed and treated as inferior by many men yet, feminism is a way for women and men to fight for women's rights.
There's no denying that women were and still are treated as objects, that their bodies were turned into sin, that their sexuality and pleasure were denied, that they don't deserve a good salary... Feminism is here for women to fight for their rights and to open the eyes of the ignorant, because there are male and female sexists.
And about the cats part, there's nothing wrong with that, they haven't found the right person or they just don't want to get married.

Jun 5, 2023 5:57 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I think it is only natural to have an averse tendency towards such things. As a guy I've always considered such a thing to be rock bottom.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 9, 2023 6:38 PM
Apr 2022
Absurdo_N said:
DEMSpirit said:

Women are oppressed and treated as inferior by many men yet, feminism is a way for women and men to fight for women's rights.
There's no denying that women were and still are treated as objects, that their bodies were turned into sin, that their sexuality and pleasure were denied, that they don't deserve a good salary... Feminism is here for women to fight for their rights and to open the eyes of the ignorant, because there are male and female sexists.
And about the cats part, there's nothing wrong with that, they haven't found the right person or they just don't want to get married.
Women can literally call the police on men today and pretty much ruin mens lives. Education has massively increased the ego of women where now they earn more degrees and a bigger salary than men.
Even for stuff like CS/ECE, a women with no coding experience just happens to get high paying coding jobs over guys that had high school students. Guys on the other hand are constantly talked down to.
Their egos get inflated so high because they are given careers like candy (really we know cuz of asian fetish, perversion, affirmative action) and this causes more metoo stuff.
So even really good looking guys are finding impossible to date because women have unrealistic expectations, and delay settling down as long as possible. No wonder birth rates have crashed in developed countries and society is collapsing. And why india will overtake other countries due to more strictness on gender roles.
Jun 9, 2023 6:42 PM

Aug 2022
Reading books is literally the gayest thing ever.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jun 9, 2023 7:01 PM

Aug 2021
DEMSpirit said:
Absurdo_N said:

Women can literally call the police on men today and pretty much ruin mens lives. Education has massively increased the ego of women where now they earn more degrees and a bigger salary than men.
Even for stuff like CS/ECE, a women with no coding experience just happens to get high paying coding jobs over guys that had high school students. Guys on the other hand are constantly talked down to.
Their egos get inflated so high because they are given careers like candy (really we know cuz of asian fetish, perversion, affirmative action) and this causes more metoo stuff.
So even really good looking guys are finding impossible to date because women have unrealistic expectations, and delay settling down as long as possible. No wonder birth rates have crashed in developed countries and society is collapsing. And why india will overtake other countries due to more strictness on gender roles.

The birthrate is like this because people decided to have fewer children due to economic factors, time and patience.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 3 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

120 by Nette »»
5 minutes ago

» How do you guys manage studying and watching anime?

Akumaxd - Feb 14, 2022

34 by MAZG »»
9 minutes ago

» What type of physical affection do you crave/Fantasize the most about?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
13 minutes ago

» What Compliment Do You Hear Most Often?

ParisPlayboy01 - 49 minutes ago

5 by ParisPlayboy01 »»
15 minutes ago

» Is MAL dying?

TsutanaiFuun - Today

16 by W3TFT »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.