Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 8, 2022 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, Barbatos is how I imagined would be ....loud and abrasive. I have to admit, with her being part of this season, there's going to be a load of attiude.

Besides Iruma and the main cast, glad to also know that Ameri is still around. This episode has a lot of charisma already and adding Raim to their school bought out even more lol. Should be an entertaining season 3!
Oct 8, 2022 3:46 AM

May 2020
season 3 is here
lets goooo

hopefully we get to see more of evil iruma this season
Homura24Oct 8, 2022 6:04 AM

Oct 8, 2022 4:05 AM

Apr 2021
so happy I love this anime so much
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Oct 8, 2022 4:14 AM
Jun 2022
Wow.... Mairimashita Iruma-kun is new... I love to watch it... ❤️
Oct 8, 2022 4:24 AM

Jan 2021
Ohh nooo Barbartos is here to shake things up this season and I'm all for it as this season covers two really good arcs which switches the focus onto Iruma's classmates and their development which I'm all for.
OP was alright but I prefer the last seasons.

Ameri also got some shine which was great but I do hope we see more of the student council members come back into the show in more prominent roles sometime in the future as well.

Another solid start to yet another good anime this fall season
Can't wait for episode 2.

Oct 8, 2022 4:29 AM
Aug 2021
Gassiel8800 said:
Wow.... Mairimashita Iruma-kun is new... I love to watch it... ❤️
Was the episode any good ???

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Koito91Oct 8, 2022 1:06 PM
Oct 8, 2022 5:50 AM

Mar 2022
good start to this season ig
the op and ed are good

Oct 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Jun 2015
F'ing awesome. So much too process. Loved the Pinocchio shout out at the start, everyone getting personal tutors, we get too see a glimpse at everyone's startup training. And damn, that break 3rd wall and also maids. It might not seem like training but maids are super hard. Ive been rewatching black lagoon recently for the 3rd time and also the new show Akiba Maid Sensou. You do not fuck with maids. They will destroy you. I'm entering the squeeeeeivevrse with this one. Epic opening!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
Those training were tough, except Iruma's which was also tough but in a weird way.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 8, 2022 5:53 AM

Feb 2020
Let's go!!!!! more iruma kun!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2022 5:53 AM
Jan 2021
Good start! dababy amogus

Oct 8, 2022 6:00 AM

Oct 2017
Just the start of the season and the misfits are already in quite the situation. Their assigned senseis are quite eccentric to say the least, Iruma and Reed specially got the short end of the stick. Though Bachiko sama's here to save the day. It's gonna be really fun with her around. Also Ameri pouting is just adorable.

Great way to start s3 and good to have this back.
Oct 8, 2022 6:16 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing Episode 1. Really enjoyed the new OP and the ED.
It feels like the animation style has changed a bit since season 2. But nothing concerning and fits the setting really good.
While reading the manga, I always imagined Bachiko to speak like a Yankee and Junko Takeuchi really delivered that well.
Excited for the next episode

V1P3R0POct 8, 2022 6:31 AM
Oct 8, 2022 6:36 AM

May 2020
Do these students ever catch a breath? It's one training lesson after another lol. Though I won't mind a one with sexy-sensei( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Standard start to the new season. Also damn good to see that cliché shoujo manga is still around.
Oct 8, 2022 6:39 AM

Aug 2020
great start for the 3rd season, anyone knows what chapter this is from manga? tyia

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 8, 2022 6:46 AM

Jul 2017
Not the biggest fans of the opening and ending songs compared to the season 2 one, but this season's off to a good start. I loved the Harvest Festival arc in the manga so this should be a hell of a season by the end of it.

Khunime said:
great start for the 3rd season, anyone knows what chapter this is from manga? tyia

The episode began roughly from Chapter 95, and adapted till mid-way through 97.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Oct 8, 2022 1:07 PM
Oct 8, 2022 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
i enjoyed the other 2 seasons (specially season 1 which i rated 9, while s2 i only rated a 6...) , but for some reason i really didn't like this episode at all, multiple times i thought about dropping it lol ... maybe i'm getting too old for this
winddevil1Oct 8, 2022 6:55 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 8, 2022 7:05 AM
Aug 2020
Episode is great, animation is decent. Can't wait for more!!
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow no time to rest for them they directly need to go Dalet ranked under one year xDD and they all have assigned teachers as a group of 2 members to improve but of course Iruma (and Lead) got Robin the 1st one but instead of him now it's up to his cousin Bachiko who's even worse ahaha, and of course there's still Amélie waiting to have more time with Iruma... also WTF is that ending song choice xD Great episode as always
Oct 8, 2022 8:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The season begins stronger and hilarious!!!

The best of the episode was the "new teachers" kekeke
Oct 8, 2022 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
Not really fond of this series nowadays but it's still a decent and fun enough series to follow, regardless, even if the humor and my enjoyment and investment in the story and characters has worn down for me as of recently. The standards for this season don't seem to be significantly different from the last two, at least.
Oct 8, 2022 8:23 AM

Sep 2019
Damn, that was a really fun and exciting first episode, very Mairimashita! Iruma-kun-like episode. It reminds me of how much I missed the show.

Although the OP and ED are inferior to previous seasons, the songs remain very show-like.
Oct 8, 2022 8:36 AM
Sep 2015
Well, I've to disagree with the people on the ED song, I think it's the best ED in this season, especially the synchronized animated sequence.
Oct 8, 2022 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
OP and ED suck
idk i loved that DA PUMP vibe we had before
and the ed just sounds ...weird
Oct 8, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2017
Oh god the sukima part was so good.
Oct 8, 2022 9:03 AM
Dec 2021
Welcome to a new season and get ready because it's gonna be a good one.
This season is gonna have some of my personal favorite arcs, with some awesome moments.
Get Hyped Yawl!!!! We got new characters, new takes on powers and character growth coming our way and it's gonna be the crazy beauty that you can expect form this series!
Oct 8, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2020
It's begin of the best!!
Oct 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
The GOAT (in the making) is back babyyyyyyy.

The new character looks adorable. Just hope this won't turn into an ecchi mess because of that teacher.

Also, POUTING BEST GIRL AMERI!!!

Iruma and Reed did look cute tho ngl 👀
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 8, 2022 10:11 AM
Mar 2020
Very good ep, i'm so excited for the continuation ! <3

Oct 8, 2022 10:28 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
We're back! Very happy we got right into the story. Nice to be able to learn more about the faculty too
Oct 8, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2020
Iruma and friends are back, and they're given an ultimatum of sorts, right off the back, to reach Dalet before the year closes. As usual, pretty good episode, no real complaints so far, though the OP and ED weren't as good as the first two in my opinion.
Oct 8, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2022
Aw man, so good to see more of this. It's all fire and a pleasant addition to an excellent Saturday line-up.
Oct 8, 2022 11:31 AM
Aug 2021
My fav anime can’t wait for EP 2
Oct 8, 2022 12:40 PM

Jul 2016
Amelie, Yor, Uzaki's mama. "Hayami Saori" Saturdays are now officially a thing. Bless!

Solid start for this third season. Really looking forward to seeing how Azz and Sabnock's training will go.

And that sukima segment tho. Iruma is too used to cross-dressing now 😭
Oct 8, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2018
RONOVE-SAMA! Kyaa~
Good to see Iruma back again... I devi-missed this! Nice Opening song, it's not DA PUMP but its great! On to the training arc!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Oct 8, 2022 1:11 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Iruma-kun is back! Sorely missed the creativity and uniqueness of this story. Such great fun and action that comes with some really incredible messages and approaches, and I feel like this first episode really helps exemplify that. Iruma first remarks about worry as to what would happen if they found out he was a human, while being best friends with Azz-Kun and Clara, having staff wave good morning to him, and even having girls thirst after him. As much as it can end up a comedy piece, I feel like it's a great addition to proving that even if you get in your own head about things and worrying over stuff, reality can be different.

In more concrete stuff I loved the introduction for everyone haha. They were setting it up that Iruma, Azz-Kun, and Clara were the only ones getting attention, but then we saw that the rest of the misfit class was in the spotlight too which I absolutely loved. It's one of my favorite things about this series really, seeing everyone get so much attention and progression alongside Iruma. Nobody gets left in the dust and that's expemplified by their new challenge for this season! Love that the stakes have been raised accordingly thanks to being in the Royal One classroom, and really helps break the mold on the school format for the story. Great approach for the writing, and something that totally makes sense of these people that are bonified heroes now.

Also, a little bit of an aside, but there was a character I didn't recognize in a few scenes this episode! It's a student that's in the misfit class, apparently, but they hardly stand out. They have the same hair color as Kerori but smaller eyes. The thing that confuses me is that the regular people say "The whole misfit class is here" when they're out front of the Royal One, but that student isn't shown in the group. That student *also* isn't given a tutor, so what's their deal? Are they already a dalet, or is there something else going on?

Despite having no reason to, I was sort of expecting Iruma to land with Balam-sensei thanks to their knowledge of Iruma, but getting Robin/his older sister was a really interesting change, though makes sense thanks to Sullivan having a role to play in it. I'm really curious what her attachment to Iruma and Lied is given the approach of other teachers. All the other pairings have an obvious similarity between the two, but Lied and Iruma haven't had a huge amount of screen time together so I can't really put my finger on it without re-watching the previous seasons. Regardless, I'm definitely curious to see where this is going to go, because those tutors made some pretty crazy promises.

I was happy to see Ameri get some screen time in this opening episode! Was really cute seeing her all pouty about not getting Iruma to herself, and trying to make the most of the success of their first date. Loved that she was able to move past her jealousy and stay true to the core of what brought her and Iruma together in the first place though and cheer for him in his new challenges and semester, really embodies the positivity that the series drives home.

So, definitely an opening episode for the series for sure. Lots of everything going on and taking us all over the place to promise a wild season with some crazy events. That said, it still doesn't get lost in the frenzy of all its happenings, and still provides the wonderful commentary and messages that its first two seasons carried. Also, the first volume of the manga is getting released in spring of next year and I'm incredibly excited to finally be able to own it! Greatly looking forward to this season and beyond!

Oct 8, 2022 1:14 PM
Jan 2022
i thouht it was a good comeback
Oct 8, 2022 1:25 PM
Jul 2015
I swear the OPs/EDs for this show are designed to be headache inducing. OP wasn't so bad this time.
Oct 8, 2022 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder what is it about this show that makes me smile so much, many people have chainsaw man, boku no hero new season, spy x family part 2 f, etc.or the most waited / hyped show but Iruma is always mine and it had an amazing start, Bachiko is already a favorite of mine, love her design and personality.
Oct 8, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2013
It's evident they have more budget for this season (just have to compare the streak between this season and the first one, or the vfx for the attacks in the op) and I'm so fucking happy for it, this show deservers all the money

But god, I hate SO MUCH the ending song
Oct 8, 2022 2:25 PM
Jul 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
Ohh nooo Barbartos is here to shake things up this season and I'm all for it as this season covers two really good arcs which switches the focus onto Iruma's classmates and their development which I'm all for.
OP was alright but I prefer the last seasons.

Ameri also got some shine which was great but I do hope we see more of the student council members come back into the show in more prominent roles sometime in the future as well.

Another solid start to yet another good anime this fall season
Can't wait for episode 2.

Is she going to be a character we all love? Well honestly this show is so good I love all the characters, even the smaller role ones. But still not sure how I feel about her. Part of me wishes Kalego trained Iruma or somebody though, he is amazing.

btw is the 179 going to be S3 or 4-5?(if we get lucky enough to get a bunch of seasons)
Oct 8, 2022 5:51 PM
Sep 2020
imo, as someone who read the manga the first episode is kinda achieve the expectation
Oct 8, 2022 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
Welcome back Misfit class!! Yea! I'm happy to see our 3 lead students will be interacting more with others in the class.

I had the same reaction as Iruma & Lead when they saw Robin. If Gramps had of left it up to Robin, they'd be the strongest cheerleaders.

Gotta admit I'm not thrilled with the OP. It's not what I've come to expect from the last 2 seasons. Honestly, I wish they'd go back to the first one.
Oct 8, 2022 6:50 PM

Feb 2019
it's finally back! and damn, but this season opener episode felt so freaking short! and i honestly thought Iruma would summon Eggy-teach when she asked for something cute lol
Oct 8, 2022 7:28 PM

Aug 2017
Iruma as always excellent. Too bad I didn't like the opening, but the ending was great.
Oct 8, 2022 7:31 PM

Mar 2010
Well Mentor seems quite annoying. Not the greats start for me.
Oct 8, 2022 9:29 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know why I love this show so much, but it is full of charm every season!
Oct 9, 2022 1:35 AM

Aug 2018
I didn't hate it, and it is the first episode. Seems to me the first two seasons also started a little slow. I would like to have seen more Amelie, but it looks like she'll be in the background this first arc.
Oct 9, 2022 2:18 AM

Nov 2012
So Suzuki-san is back as Ronove? Maybe just for the 5 sec lines, thats good to know.

Cant wait for the Music Fest!

My Candies:

Oct 9, 2022 2:28 AM

May 2012
Good start! I had a lot of laughs. Really cracked up when it was found out that Iruma and the yellow kid will have the green sensei.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

42 by Flynnit »»
Sep 15, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

91 by DeanP »»
Jul 29, 2:02 PM

» I don't get it

Allwynd - Jul 7

8 by JD-Dark_Phoenix »»
Jul 15, 3:07 AM

» Any idea about the 4th season?

HaremKing01 - Jun 25

14 by Shinuki_n_Reborn »»
Jul 12, 3:21 AM

» Looking for spoilers.

HaremKing01 - Jul 1

2 by absideonx »»
Jul 2, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.