Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2:09 AM
Jan 2014
I watched all 3 seasons one after another through the course of 2 months and I liked the setting and the characters, but I felt like there was no overarching plot. There was never really a cliffhanger at the end of one episode that leaves you thinking "I want to know what happens next".

After I began watching the first season, I got the feeling that there is hardly anything going on in the series, but I thought that the more I watch, the cadence of events will increase, but by the 2nd season, I realized the 3rd one will be the same. After finishing the 3rd season, I realized that while I enjoyed the whole story, I don't care what happens next so if there is going to be a 4th season, I won't watch it.

So I don't get this anime - on one hand it's not bad, but on the other literally nothing happens in it and yet at the same time it isn't so boring that you can't bother finishing it.

Did anyone else felt the same way?
Jul 7, 2:42 AM
Mar 2020
I agree with you, the seasons felt the same for me too. This anime was made on a manga that had 2 pages of content for one chapter so the presentation of the story is a little funny.
After watching one season after another in the span of 2 weeks I can say that actually the story kept me glued to the screen. Maybe it was a little slow, yes, but for me that's the charm of this series. The short scenes of foreahadowing of what will come next... idk I just like this kinda stuff.
After completing the three seasons I decided to start reading the manga and, what a suprise, the pacing was A LOT faster, and better, than in the anime. I think that maybe the pacing of the tv series was too slow for you and a lot of people.
Jul 7, 4:27 AM
Jan 2021
It’s something like why am I watching but it’s pretty chill
Jul 7, 8:18 AM
Nov 2019
Allwynd said:
I watched all 3 seasons one after another through the course of 2 months and I liked the setting and the characters, but I felt like there was no overarching plot. There was never really a cliffhanger at the end of one episode that leaves you thinking "I want to know what happens next".

After I began watching the first season, I got the feeling that there is hardly anything going on in the series, but I thought that the more I watch, the cadence of events will increase, but by the 2nd season, I realized the 3rd one will be the same. After finishing the 3rd season, I realized that while I enjoyed the whole story, I don't care what happens next so if there is going to be a 4th season, I won't watch it.

So I don't get this anime - on one hand it's not bad, but on the other literally nothing happens in it and yet at the same time it isn't so boring that you can't bother finishing it.

The plot really picks up in the manga Definetly recommend reading it
Jul 8, 3:07 PM
Apr 2021
Allwynd said:

In the first season, the main plot is that Iruma-kun (human) needs to survive in the Netherworld without getting eaten by demons and not to stand out in order to do that.

Later in season one and mainly season two, his ambition grows due to Amika, as she says in order to achieve anything in the Netherworld, you need a higher rank, so now goal gets +1 is now to get a higher rank as well as not get eaten by the demons.

in the second season as well as the later seasons iruma's goal is not just to increase rank & not get eaten by demons but also to protect the life as well as his friends that he got(As he never had a good life as well as love in the human world).

Basically:

Season 1 Start: Survive In Netherworld.
Season 1 & Season 2: Increase Rank (Know his ambitions) + Survive In Netherworld.

Season 2 & Later: Protect His Friends & Loved Ones + Protect His Current Happy Life As Well As His Place (As He Never Had Love, Family, Friends, Home)
+ Get Rank As High As Possible In Order To Achieve His First 2 Goals.
Jul 8, 3:10 PM
Apr 2021
I would really recommend rewatching it with English subtitles if possible if you somehow missed some details in the language you watched.

As all of this is clearly shown in the anime.

& The anime is going to get better & better as the seasons progress as a manga reader I can assure you that.
Jul 9, 11:51 AM
Aug 2021
Of all the anime its definitely one of them. Just don't watch it if you don't feel like finishing it. it's not that deep.
Jul 14, 10:13 AM
Jan 2014
Reply to JD-Dark_Phoenix
I would really recommend rewatching it with English subtitles if possible if you somehow missed some details in the language you watched.

As all of this is clearly shown in the anime.

& The anime is going to get better & better as the seasons progress as a manga reader I can assure you that.
@JD-Dark_Phoenix I watched it with English subtitles, I had no idea it was translated into other languages. I've been watching animes with English subtitles since 2007 when I began watching animes.
Jul 15, 3:07 AM
Apr 2021
Allwynd said:
@JD-Dark_Phoenix I watched it with English subtitles, I had no idea it was translated into other languages. I've been watching animes with English subtitles since 2007 when I began watching animes.

Ok. Maybe you missed some details, sometimes it happens when we are watching lots of anime while balancing daily life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

42 by Flynnit »»
Sep 15, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

120 by Yacker324 »»
Aug 13, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

91 by DeanP »»
Jul 29, 2:02 PM

» Any idea about the 4th season?

HaremKing01 - Jun 25

14 by Shinuki_n_Reborn »»
Jul 12, 3:21 AM

» Looking for spoilers.

HaremKing01 - Jul 1

2 by absideonx »»
Jul 2, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.