Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2022 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, now this one hell of an episode with the way they introduced Suletta and Miorine. So far, it seems the show focused some parts on their relationship but I'm sure it will expand on them more.

Action was decent too but I feel like it's the characters that catches my interest more. Not sure how I feel about Suletta yet but she seems a bit vulnerable and timid for a character. Hopefully, she can grow to be more confident.
Oct 2, 2022 1:45 AM

Sep 2016
mecha yuri kino is back.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 2, 2022 2:28 AM

Apr 2014
This is Gundam with school battle and yuri.
I love how Suletta destroyed that muscle-brain Guel's Gundam into pieces. hahahah
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 2, 2022 2:45 AM
Nov 2020
Finally the pilot episode of GWitch.
Suletta being a introvert and shy type is precious bean tanuki

And I like the concept of "corporate business" war since in real life some corporate businessman doing war as well for weaponry, etc.

The tomato scene is good is like some studio 8 Sunrise was animating it.

Aerial beam spam goes brrrrr and I like that.

Kudos to Takashi Ohmama for some good OST
Oct 2, 2022 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
There was no way a Gundam series could have been bad. In fact, it delivered.
Absolutely mesmerizing setting. I really love the school, technology and also the environmental designs. Also, talking about designs, the characters sure make an impression.
Great soundtrack, and unexpected development at the end.

Looking forward for more, Gundam never disappoints.
Oct 2, 2022 3:07 AM
Aug 2021
Nice and very epic fight
Oct 2, 2022 3:11 AM
Feb 2015
Hmm, the change of pace from prologue is quite surprising. At least Suletta didn't turn vengeful due to her past experience, or maybe it's her mum protecting her.
That being said, i like Aerial Gundam already.
Oct 2, 2022 3:16 AM
Jan 2020
2d Mecha Yuri Anime less goooooooooooo
Oct 2, 2022 3:22 AM
Mar 2018
What a phenomenal episode!!! Banger soundtracks and peak sunrise animation.

Already loving the relationship between Mercury and Miorine.
Oct 2, 2022 3:27 AM

Feb 2022
Well, a victory and a wife lol.... not a bad start to school life

Guel got really fucked over and humiliated, good
Oct 2, 2022 3:37 AM
Sep 2016
I wish people would stop making up false rumors about episodes being delayed .... this is getting monotonous lol
Oct 2, 2022 3:39 AM
Oct 2019
Cukup menarik episode pertamanya,apalagi sifat Main Heroine disini cukup kikuk. Dan untuk MS pribadi miliknya kuakui cukup keren. Kana Ichinose sebagai pemeran Sulleta kuakui benar benar berbakat dalam memerankan Sulleta. Yuri disini kurasa hanya sebagai pemanis mengingat Zeal yang mengatakan kata "Gund Arm" merasa cukup tertarik dengan Sulleta
Oct 2, 2022 3:43 AM

Feb 2018
What a cringe episode lmao. Technological academy in the advanced future, but with aristocrats and robo-duels between students to determine who is the best? It's Utena with robots or what?

I didn't expect something like this after a promising prologue. Guess I'll give it a few more episodes, but potentially it's probably a biggest disappointment in this year for me.

edit: lmao, it really is

okay sunrise, I'm intrigued

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
kataneerOct 2, 2022 12:32 PM
Oct 2, 2022 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
first lycoris recoil and then now this? the anime studios really love utilizing yuri baits to lure more audience to watch
Oct 2, 2022 3:44 AM
Apr 2022
I was so hyped for this, and the first episode did not disappoint. Gundam Aerial is glorious, and Suletta is shy but has a good heart, just like her lovely parents. She also is brave, not afraid to stand up to bullies, coming to Miorine’s defense when they trash her garden. You can already sense the yuri in the air...amazing start.
thunderkitten13Oct 2, 2022 5:17 AM
Oct 2, 2022 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
Having an innocent/shy protagonist is interesting. Don’t remember the last time we had one in Gundam, is Uso Ewin from Victory the last time we had this type of protagonist? Most of them are either hot-blooded (Kamille Bidan, Garrod Ran) or no personality (Heero Yuy, Setsuna F Seiei).
After the Prologue, I was expecting a Domon Kasshu personality.

Eri reminds me of Shion from Kyoukai Senki.
Character designs are great.
Interesting mecha designs (it is Sunrise, they have to go all out in mech designs for Bandai to get more $$$$).
They have already conveyed the message “Don’t be weighed down by gravity, keep your heads high, look up to the stars and move forward” in the first episode.
Wonder how they will convey the message “War is hell and should be avoided at all costs”.
And what other messages will it convey?

Overall, quite surprised and how relaxing it is. I was expecting something as dark as Victory initially.
Will be one the few anime I catch weekly, the last time I did that was Build Divers Re: Rise.

EDIT: I have a criticism on the school setting. Duels with real weapons are dangerous. Especially the first one where they are students hanging around. Can they at least use paint ammo in space like what they did in AGE?

EDIT2: Sees many people commenting on funnels in the first episode. If I recall, Unicorn has funnels appearing in episode 1.
NewestPersonHereOct 2, 2022 4:44 AM
Oct 2, 2022 3:54 AM
Feb 2015
This was unexpectedly well done i can't take my eyes of it.Looking forward for next episode
Oct 2, 2022 3:56 AM
Aug 2020
more yuri oh boi here we go again
Oct 2, 2022 4:00 AM

Oct 2010
Kannazuki no Gundam and I am all aboard for it.

https://i.imgur.com/XAuelHS.jpg
Oct 2, 2022 4:01 AM
Jan 2018
When I saw that all the male characters were idiots I already realized that the anime was going to be yuri.
Oct 2, 2022 4:05 AM
Jun 2021
Gonna say... not too fond of the immediate yuribait. Though there's the possibility Suletta goes full Setsuna.

Fight between Guel and Miorine/Suletta was pretty nice, the MS animation was done to high standards, especially for 2022 when most mecha gets CGI'd. There's one closeup when Suletta saves Miorine where the Aerial seems to be CGI but it's not particularly noticeable. Like both the Dilanza and the Aerial. The others, Elan and Shaddiq, seem to be non-characters for now, as does the mechanic girl.

On the background side, it was interesting to see the Jeturks immediately start to vie for power by going against the president of the Benerit group (the one who ordered Suletta's family killed in the prologue and Gundams forbidden, keep forgetting his name).
Hot Blood saves lives.
Oct 2, 2022 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
the first female main character of the Gundam Franchise is from a Yuri Show lol i like it

i just hate the typical shy or socially inept main characters though so hopefully she becomes more of a social butterfly later on

that Gundam Aerial showing funnels right from episode 1 too eh

hopefully this Gundam show will have nanotechnology too

Ani One Asia on YouTube is streaming this btw
Oct 2, 2022 4:06 AM

Apr 2015
Gundam is back!

And not just that it is a mother fuc**r Yuri Mecha! come on Sunrise you are this close to bring the good old horny ecchi mecha.

Suletta is so shy and cute omg, but she become a totally different person talking about hers Gundam. I can totally see character development coming for her.

Also Gundam Aerial is so beautiful, i would definitely buy a Gunpla if i had the money.

The animation and ost are top tier, The first episode got me really excited for what come next.
ScarRufusOct 2, 2022 5:43 AM
Oct 2, 2022 4:11 AM
Apr 2022
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
Kannazuki no Gundam and I am all aboard for it.

https://i.imgur.com/XAuelHS.jpg

You are my favorite person of the day for posting this!
Oct 2, 2022 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
Im usually a big fan of the Gundam series regardless of which timeline (this one seems to be a new timeline “A.S”?)
The series has good lookin art and the mecha design along with its already OP weaponry is quite the appeal but I friggin hate the MC stuttering every word she fckin says, its annoying af. I hope she develops asap, I dont wanna have to drop just because of that, I also love Kana Ichinose so as much as possible I wanna stick around.

Feels bad for the white haired girl getting thrown around changing fiancees left and right.
Seriously tho, yall gotta stop with the yuri bait, I dont normally have a problem with yuri but its painfully obv that this is bait.

The Gundam in the very first ep is equipped like crazy, like seriously? Funnel/dragoon system from the getgo!? This is like the final phase rework of the base Gundam. Wonder how her Gundam is gonna evolve now when it already has everything to be the final end game Gundam.
YOASOBI doing the ED is amazing!
Oct 2, 2022 4:15 AM
Oct 2018
Woohoo space yuri lets go!!!!

I sort of wonder where they can really go from here at the school though. If that guy was the best fighter in the school and the aerial gundam and main girl are leagues better, it's not like you can really have more battles at school and have them be exciting. I'm betting the school term gets cut short for corporate war stuff instead or the speed through it with a time skip.
Oct 2, 2022 4:18 AM

Jan 2009
will those corporations steal Gundam Aerial and reverse engineer it? its been so long since i remember any Gundam Show that did that lol
Oct 2, 2022 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
Ohh my god 2D Mecha and it's so beautiful.
My first entry to Gundam series.
The Animation and the OST was so good.

Certified banger YOASOBI song for the OP.

That ending though, Yuri confirmed let's go!!

Such a promising start!!
davidyodo24Oct 2, 2022 4:34 AM
Oct 2, 2022 4:21 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty lit first episode, the visuals and animation are clean. Both Suletta and Miorine are likeable. Suletta sure kicked ass there, that was freaking awesome. Really hyped for upcoming episodes.
Oct 2, 2022 4:22 AM
Aug 2021
humu good a different approach on story I guess and perhaps, Yuri?
Oct 2, 2022 4:32 AM

Nov 2010
  • The first impression was "It's too much of stutters, give me a break".
  • It's a weird combination of elements: mobile suits and school life. It reminds me of GunBuster.
  • The title holder system in the school also seems kind of stale like stories in Showa era.
  • Contrary to these silly settings, the drawing and the animation are beautiful. It seems that still the Gundam series can make money.

kuroneko99Oct 2, 2022 4:37 AM
Oct 2, 2022 4:50 AM
Aug 2020
Action packed with some moments of both tension and comedy, it's bound to make someone at least interested in what it can do in the future in terms of the small moments and its visuals. That being said, the episode is filled to the brim with exposition that it feels dense on the intake. Sullesta also becoming the duel paragon on the first episode is also a very odd choice, but hopefully doesn't impede on the steam that it's generating for future episodes. The only way I can see this going poorly is if it just straight-up offers no development like in G-Reconguista.
Oct 2, 2022 4:51 AM

Apr 2017
Gundam Yurification?!!!
The contrast between eps 0 and 1 is dark and bright, I feel like the tragic ironical fate drama anime mecha waiting for them.
There many things that I don't expect, especially after watching prologue. but overall I love it.

Suletta caught my guard, I never thought that how her character went, its too funny for me, because I never expect that at all, makes sense and likeable, both of character intriguing me. Looking forward to see their development.

Oct 2, 2022 5:01 AM

Oct 2015
pretty fantastic episodes
Oct 2, 2022 5:08 AM
May 2019
2D MECH
GUNDAM
TSUNDERE(kind of)
BLACK SOCKS
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
Y
U
R
İ
T
İ
M
E
Oct 2, 2022 5:10 AM

Feb 2012
Crunchyroll had an extra half hour to get everything right but still put out out-of-sync English subs. Meanwhile, Ani-One Asia's stream was only an hour after Japan had it and still got decent in-sync English subtitles.

From profile images of Miorine that we releasedo n twitter, I thought she'd be a Lalah or Four Mursamae clone (especially with the mysterious white heir). But she's more like Cagalli Yula Athha from the Cosmic Era; both are rebellious rich girls who got forcibly engaged for a political marriage.

In the prologue, the council all worked together to get rid of Ochs Earth, now there is mistrust growing amongst the council's apparent successor, the Beneritt Group. Underperforming corporations are expelled by President Delling. Vim Jeturk has his son Guel win duels to be engaged to Miorine (making him the heir) and by assassinating Delling, Jeturk Heavy Machinery would take over the Beneritt Group. This caused Miorine to run away and inadvertently meet Suletta.
With Suletta and the Gundam Aerial's interference, Jeturk's plan falls apart as there's no point in assassinating Delling if Guel is no longer the heir.

I see the masked woman from the trailer amongst the Beneritt Group, I bet that's Elnora, Sueltta's mother, and she has the exact same plan as Vim; making her offspring the heir to Beneritt Group by engaging her to Miorine and then assassinating Delling to take over the Beneritt Group.

Her pilot suit has phase shift armor lol so we now know why there's a discrepancy between the uniform Suletta wore in the first key visual and the newer key visual. The holder wears white; which is why Guel wore white in this episode but Suletta wore greenish grey like the other students, exactly like she had in the trailer and first key visual. Now that Guel has lost, his uniform is greenish grey like it is on his official website profile and Suletta will soon wear white like in her official website profile/newer key visual.

The series setting is a school, there's a duelling system in place and the winner gets a designated bride character. Not surprising when you find out Ichirou Okouchi wrote the Utena light novel,
Fortress_MaximusOct 2, 2022 6:43 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 2, 2022 5:17 AM
Oct 2019
Surprising tone given how Prologue plays out, however this was a very fun premiere episode!
Oct 2, 2022 5:20 AM
Apr 2019
i coom cuz of gundam
Oct 2, 2022 5:24 AM

Sep 2016
This is literally just Gundam Utena and I'm 100% here for it! Now just waiting for Suletta to turn into a car Gundam herself. The fight scene and animation in general was amazing!

Ngl, her just saying gay/lesbians relationship are common caught me off gaurd. Usually anime dance around the topic.
Oct 2, 2022 5:29 AM
Mar 2021
Good first episode.

The main characters are likeable and have a fun chemistry. The setting is very shojo, and the potential for political critique (something present in basically all Gundam series from the start after all) seems solid enough, with profiteering corporations and the weapons industry being the likely focus of it. Also, the song at the end of the episode was rather good, especially the part that sounds like Felix's "Don't you want me" (1992)

Now, am I the only one that is reminded of Revolutionary Girl Utena, with duels granting the privilege of being engaged to the "princess"? And indeed, it's a yuri mecha show - something rather uncommon.

7/10 so far.

Edit: Lol, the moment I finish typing, someone made a Utena comparison :)
Oct 2, 2022 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
I loved this episode, I can tell our new age of Gundam is going to do well, but probably not as well as IBO, but definitely way up there, the animation, music, voice acting and beautiful visuals are all great so far.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Oct 2, 2022 5:56 AM

Sep 2011
A pretty top tier episode to our 7 year long wait to more Gundam anime, I'm excited for this Gundam Next Future
Oct 2, 2022 5:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did not expect them to have a Mobile Suit Academy type of thing for this, but I like it so far

I'm glad that Elnora is still alive (Thought they were going to kill her offscreen somehow) so I'm hoping that she continues to play a role in the story somehow, despite her not being at the school. But I have to say that I'm very curious to see why she is on Mercury and overall, what she and Eri's end goal is now

As for Eri (Or in this case, Suletta now) I didn't expect her to be this nervous and shy with age lol, but I'm rocking heavy with how she acts inside of her Gundam tho. Also I totally get why her and probably her mother changed their names since they're essentially fugitives now, but wouldn't their Gundam be blacklisted too? I'm gonna need an explanation for that as soon as I can get one.

So far, the named characters left a decent impression on me and I am interested in seeing more of them, as well seeing more from the school and it's activities. I also really like the concept of and how these duel things are run as well (It's literally on sight lmao). But I'm hoping to see more Gundams come into the story as well

Another thing that surprised me is how old that Delling guy became, I didn't think he was old enough to be like full gray haired after like 10+ years. I also didn't expect the white haired girl to be his daughter either, so this'll make the dynamic that she has with Eri even more interesting to me now. That and I was expecting Delling to be the ultimate bad guy but it looks like he's not even that lol. Especially since the former best duelist' dad was going to off him xD

But anyway, overall this was a great start. The CG felt kinda odd at times but it didn't look bad or ruin the experience for me, and most of all, the action scenes were all done very well in spectacular Gundam fashion that most of, if not all of us all know and love, so I was very thankful for that

Not sure how I feel about the yuri esque vibes just as yet, but i'll hold judgement on it for now and see where it goes exactly and if its done well if they do proceed to go along with it

Can't wait to see more of this though (TRUE GUNDAM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!)
TokoyaOct 2, 2022 6:05 AM
Oct 2, 2022 6:01 AM

Dec 2018
I really enjoyed the first episode of Revolutionary Girl Suletta. Production value was great, and the story has a lot of potential. I’m looking forward to seeing how the political side of this new Gundam unfolds, especially with regard to seeing how the different corporate powers vie for dominance.
Oct 2, 2022 6:02 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
First Gundam series I watch and it seems to be a yuri one...
..I'm not complaining, the episode itself was quite engaging.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 2, 2022 6:07 AM

Nov 2016
Lesbi honest, who didn't want to see another progressive Gundam? Nothing screams like a product of our time than yuri bait paired with a school setting and mecha. Now if this only would be a bit more like Cross Ange...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2022 6:09 AM
Aug 2020
A nice fast pace introduction into the new series
Oct 2, 2022 6:13 AM

Feb 2017
Let's see...we have:

An unsubtle villain
A main character who's largely in over her head
Something about fate
A focus on a relationship between two characters of the same gender

Yup, it's definitely Mobile Suit Gundam.

That last point is actually something I find myself cautious about - I have zero problem with MSG wanting to include a non-heterosexual relationship into its story. Goodness knows that anime and media in general is often starved for good representation of LGBTQ+ relationships. What I fear though is that they won't do anything particularly earnest with it.

If one of the main things that makes science-fiction work as a genre is how contemporary problems will still be present in the future, then it needs to establish this relationship in a way that feels sincere and not just paying cheap lip service to "wokeness" or the like. Even here, the show basically had Sutella "save" Miorine from a terrible heterosexual relationship because the school's system is so stupid as to have fate dictated by whether you won or lost a duel (Yu-Gi-Oh! would approve, I guess). You can say that your characters are together all you want, but if you're going to deliberately play up the idea that they are fiancées, you know have more or less taken on the responsibility--to use the episode's own rhetoric--to make it mean something.

To put this into perspective, a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode called "Rejoined" used an overt allusion to a sexual taboo for an alien society. Two people who their culture dictated are not supposed to be in a relationship honestly flirted with, and later wanted to commit to, their taboo relationship. Both characters inhabited women's bodies, and both actresses kissed on-screen. And I must stress, THIS WAS IN 1995!!! The show used our human conception of lesbianism to relate it to a larger construct of sexual taboo, even in the context of an alien society. Even though both actresses were straight, they were adamant that they kiss on-screen to force the audience to confront what the show was trying to do. The relationship did not survive the episode, but it was a serious risk the show took, and is one of the most-remarkable things Star Trek has ever done.

You've put a giant target on your back, The Witch From Mercury. Don't let me down.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Oct 2, 2022 6:19 AM
Jun 2017
very interesting episode...
the visuals is great...

and the story is worth to look forward to what will happen in the next episodes...

and i gonna say, that GUNDAM unit is STRONG 💪💪💪
Oct 2, 2022 6:20 AM

Mar 2013
The episode was good but it was quite different from what I expected from the prologue. Also Eri/Suletta's character is quite different from what I imagined it would be after she has 3 confirmed kills at 4 lol. Maybe after she understood what actually happened her personality took a change? Or perhaps since they mentioned they were surprised there were people living in Mercury, she's never been able to interact with many people aside from her mother.

I hope this doesn't stay in the school setting for too long and it's only a setup. It does seem like that would be the case since she will be drastically influencing politics moving forward so we'll get better fights in the future and not just her smurfing on schoolkids. Not to mention, the script is written by the same guy that wrote Code Geass and that also started in a school setting soo... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Also where's the cool vein stuff that shows up on the face when syncing with the Gundam?? I was hoping to see that and Miorine make a wtf face.
DignityOct 2, 2022 6:49 AM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

357 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Jun 5, 12:20 PM

» A question

Shubhamb1996 - May 24

6 by AngelaWolter »»
Jun 3, 11:05 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise Reaches Sales Record of 145.7 Billion Yen in 2024 Fiscal Year

deg - May 12

8 by Zedlin »»
May 13, 11:03 AM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.