Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Quite a colorful OP theme song for this show.

This was a strange yet intriguing start imo although I have to admit that Berry is anything but special. Definitely taking some time to get used to the art style of the anime. At the moment, I do like the themes of the show.

Berry seems like the type of character who takes a practical approach at actions and always looking for an adventure in her life.

Jul 2017
Yup, this is a Science SARU production that's as every bit as unique as it is, and without Maasaki Yuasa to boot.

What a cool OP with flabbergasting visuals, thanks to DE DE MOUSE.

In a world such as Tom Sawyer Island where everyone accumulates the currency of Love for Deco (decoration customizer), and the cat Berry is the mischievous joker in class. Her routine of finding the wolf character Phantom Zero, who's a deviant and depletes the amount of Love of anyone the entity sees a.k.a the Zero Phenomenon, for it knows nothing about Love, the social status of the island.

Phantom Zero being this half-invisible kid whom also like Berry, is a prankster, and her adventures of calling him out...initially didn't go out well, leaving her (Nerdy-birdy) without a trace. But the both of them aren't that far behind by being able to track each other down. The only instance is that this kid ain't Phantom Zero, and their enemy is an entity that's bigger than imagination: the TRUE Phantom Zero, Glitchy-witchy.

My only worry is original creator Dai Satoh, whom also did Listeners. Hopefully Yurei Deco doesn't turn out the way it was: substance over quality.
KANLen09Jul 3, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 3, 2022 7:31 AM

Feb 2020
Ehh, not really my cup of tea. Too weird and boring.

SerafosMay 22, 9:49 PM
Jul 3, 2022 7:42 AM

Jun 2021
LOVE IT !!!

really good start......I was more invested in their world rather than characters......it's SCIENCE SARU original....... either hit or miss.....
I really liked the artstyle....... The studio has a trade mark artstyle like Trigger .......which I love so much.......op and Ed are good too....
Let's see what we get next......
Jul 3, 2022 7:57 AM
Nov 2018
This episode, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what this anime is sorely missing these days: goofy art design based, intriguing world background, mysteries abound, lovable characters-filled and futuristic sci-fi themed anime.

Forget about VR background anime of all kinds. SAO, NGNL, Log Horizon. Forget about schools where students battle for points to buy things, in an anime with sequel coming up tomorrow which is exactly just like here - except those points are for boys to show off to girls which somehow are all cute and sexy. cough

This first episode has me instantly hooked, even more so than the excellent sci-fi anime cult classic Dennou Coil which was just as daring but a bit less fast paced. Or the really good but "conservative" DECA-DENCE where we got the whole world background by EP2 but still stands well with first rate character development. With the exception of the very few like PSYCHO-PASS S1, this story is giving me high hopes that something much farther than ordinary will occur.

And with the legendary Masaki Yuuasa and veteran script writer Dai Saitou (Eureka Seven, Ergo Proxy, individual episodes of Ghost In The Shell SAC and Cowboy Bebop, even wrote songs for things like Macross Frontier) leading the story writing with a veteran animator as director (apparently singlehandedly drew the originals for one episode of Devilman Crybaby), this is an example of what kind of works that can save anime.

Can't wait to see what next this work give us!

KANLen09 said:
My only worry is original creator Dai Satoh, whom also did Listeners. Hopefully Yurei Deco doesn't turn out the way it was: substance over quality.

At least his previous records shows that he have really great potential - I just watched Ergo Proxy a month ago and the world background revealing + characters development are absolutely first rate. Not to mention Eureka Seven of which the original TV series is still a textbook example of its genre. The potential is definitely there.
Jul 3, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
The invisible person (Hack according to the character list) reminds me of Radical Edward with the hyper-ness and constant grin.
Jul 3, 2022 9:21 AM
Mar 2021
Cosmic_Penguin said:
This episode, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what this anime is sorely missing these days: goofy art design based, intriguing world background, mysteries abound, lovable characters-filled and futuristic sci-fi themed anime.

Forget about VR background anime of all kinds. SAO, NGNL, Log Horizon. Forget about schools where students battle for points to buy things, in an anime with sequel coming up tomorrow which is exactly just like here - except those points are for boys to show off to girls which somehow are all cute and sexy. cough

This first episode has me instantly hooked, even more so than the excellent sci-fi anime cult classic Dennou Coil which was just as daring but a bit less fast paced. Or the really good but "conservative" DECA-DENCE where we got the whole world background by EP2 but still stands well with first rate character development. With the exception of the very few like PSYCHO-PASS S1, this story is giving me high hopes that something much farther than ordinary will occur.

And with the legendary Masaki Yuuasa and veteran script writer Dai Saitou (Eureka Seven, Ergo Proxy, individual episodes of Ghost In The Shell SAC and Cowboy Bebop, even wrote songs for things like Macross Frontier) leading the story writing with a veteran animator as director (apparently singlehandedly drew the originals for one episode of Devilman Crybaby), this is an example of what kind of works that can save anime.

Can't wait to see what next this work give us!

KANLen09 said:

At least his previous records shows that he have really great potential - I just watched Ergo Proxy a month ago and the world background revealing + characters development are absolutely first rate. Not to mention Eureka Seven of which the original TV series is still a textbook example of its genre. The potential is definitely there.

Tell me you're a Science SARU fan with telling me you're a Science SARU fan 🙄🙄🙄
Jul 3, 2022 9:23 AM
Jul 2021
Loved the first ep. It was unique and original. It was slow paced, but I think it suits the whole vibe of the show. I've seen a lot of people say it isn't good already, which suprises me considering how fresh and well constructed this feels so far, but I guess you can't expect battle shonen fans to watch or enjoy anything else.
Jul 3, 2022 9:37 AM
Jan 2022
interesting world introduction episode, it's great to watch if you are tired of the usual anime tropes. although I haven't seen any science saru production, you can tell that this studio will deliver something worth to look forward based on their series track record.
Jul 3, 2022 9:40 AM
Aug 2008
I just realised that Hack and Berry = Huckleberrry. Deepest lore.
Jul 3, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2021
I wonder if this is a retelling of Tom Sawyer or if it just uses some of the character names. The teacher in the beginning also kinda looked like Mark Twain lol.

But man, what a fun first episode. The world of this series is pretty interesting (a world revolving around “likes” doesn’t seem so far fetched lol), the animation/art is pretty colorful and dynamic, and the music is good. I like the two leads and I’m curious to know more about this “Phantom 0” character who can apparently erase all likes/“loves”.

Definitely gonna stick around for this one.
Jul 3, 2022 9:47 AM
Jul 2021
Kattvalp said:
I just realised that Hack and Berry = Huckleberrry. Deepest lore.

Don't forget Finn. Indeed deepest lore.
Jul 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Oct 2015
I'm loving it so far.

The colour scheme is fascinating, I also love the protagonist. Although so far, nothing profound can be made about the plot and explanation of the world.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2022 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
These social credit things always fascinate me. Time and time again, Eastern ones are like "Check out this perfect utopia built on social credits! (Which is actually a dystopia because someone's corrupting it.) It's such a contrast to the West where everything from Star Trek to Black Mirror is "Check out this absolute dystopia. You can tell it's a dystopia because it's built on a social credit system." So here we have Second Life with 'love' social credits as currency, except for the troublemaker(s) who have zero 'love' and so are invisible, letting them screw with the world and steal other people's social credits. By impersonating their dead father and asking for social credits. As far as scams go, that seems like one nobody should have fallen for.

It wasn't the most engaging episode though because so damn much of it was taken up explaining and reviewing the setting. The actual story is that the rebel dude is running around causing trouble, and the girl chasing after him. It isn't until about twenty minutes in when the apocalypse/true troublemaker/social credit void devourer finally shows up and it becomes something besides a hyper girl and chattering Dennis the Menace scampering around. I don't really know what that makes the show, or what direction it's going in though, which isn't a great spot for after twenty minutes. It seems like they're squaring up to fight the void woman with a glitch face, and maybe all the parkour animation is going to go into that instead? The cape's gotta be for something, after all. But who knows.
Jul 3, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
Well, that was fun. I really enjoy digital world stuff like this, so I bet I'm going to end up liking this a lot. Though, I'm somewhat wary about the whole "love is currency" thing. Well, essentially "likes." We'll see how it goes though.

I'm also already kind of tired of "Hack" and his manner of speaking. Hopefully he doesn't end up being entirely annoying. But, Berry seems pretty neato. Exhibit A: my new avatar.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 3, 2022 10:19 AM

May 2018
Saru definitely hijacked some ideas from Deca-Dence.
Jul 3, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
Second hidden gem of the season candidate to air this weekend. This has SARU’s signature all over it. Their artistic direction is so nice in this.

Feels very fresh and original. I like the Mark Twain analogies as well, it’s different. A lot of times studios are afraid to shake up the formula and SARU have clearly shown they aren’t.

Just like eizouken, that OP has serious potential.
Jul 3, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
The concept is cool but I hate the dialogue. Actually ruined the episode for me.

Welp guess we'll see where this series goes but not impressed with the first episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2020
Really liked the colour palette that this show brings. Definitely a bit of a change of pace. Watching my fair share of originals this season and this could end up being very solid.
Jul 3, 2022 11:52 AM

May 2017
love me a strange dystopian plot-line. it's funny that the "Love" that they live by has only been shown as "likes" or social media "hearts" 😆 and it can be taken or slyly stolen by criminals. OP was really cool, ED was kind of boring
Jul 3, 2022 11:54 AM
Dec 2020
Artstyle looks interesting, but that's kinda it. dialogue is grating and... idk, this just seems to lack everything that can make a show interesting for some reason.
Characters also highkey irritating as well.
Jul 3, 2022 12:22 PM
Jun 2016
alshu said:
Saru definitely hijacked some ideas from Deca-Dence.

Avatarization wasn't invented by Deca-Dence, and Deca-Dence is about a slave class saved by a rebel from the master class--it had great potential to tackle themes of class consciousness but ended up as sophomoric fluff. Deca-Dence's treatment of avatarization is topical as it is used by the master class to interact with the humans in the theme park, there is no narrative regarding how avatarization affects characterization.

The treatment of avatarization here is closer to Fractale and Dennou Coil's virtuality and even with Kaiba (Masaasi Yuasa's original work, and Yuasa is also credited as original creator of Yurei Deco).

Yurei Deco's setting is definitely its greatest source of intrigue. We have what seems like a (pseudo?) utopian (could also be post-scarcity but not enough info yet) world that mirrors current-day social media currency, social credit governance, and pandemic-induced virtuality. The animation and environments are extremely dynamic as expected of Science Saru.
Jul 3, 2022 12:31 PM
Aug 2021
Its got potential and I’m excited to see where it goes, however the pilot episode isn’t anything special in my eyes.

I can’t help but compare this as I watch it to “Keep your hands off Eizouken” another science saru project and one of my favorites.

So whether its a lackluster episode or too high of standards I think it has potential that only time will tell.
Jul 3, 2022 12:33 PM

May 2018
FANTAMELONSODA said:

Avatarization wasn't invented by Deca-Dence

And I stated that where?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
it had great potential to tackle themes of class consciousness

Just a side note - maybe we will have that here...who knows.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
there is no narrative regarding how avatarization affects characterization

So what?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
The treatment of avatarization here is closer to Fractale and Dennou Coil's

Closer to Dennou Coill...and you just like write the word avatarization...or this is the only thing you remember from Deca-Dence?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Yurei Deco's setting is definitely its greatest source of intrigue. We have what seems like a (pseudo?) utopian (could also be post-scarcity but not enough info yet) world that mirrors current-day social media currency, social credit governance, and pandemic-induced virtuality. The animation and environments are extremely dynamic as expected of Science Saru.

And I disagree...not. Are you happy now?
Jul 3, 2022 12:37 PM
Jun 2016
alshu said:
FANTAMELONSODA said:

Avatarization wasn't invented by Deca-Dence

And I stated that where?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
it had great potential to tackle themes of class consciousness

Just a side note - maybe we will have that here...who knows.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
there is no narrative regarding how avatarization affects characterization

So what?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
The treatment of avatarization here is closer to Fractale and Dennou Coil's

Closer to Dennou Coill...and you just like write the word avatarization...or this is the only thing you remember from Deca-Dence?

FANTAMELONSODA said:

And I disagree...not. Are you happy now?

So what exact ideas did Yurei Deco borrow from Deca-Dence?
Jul 3, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2017
I guess the "love" is like a social credit score system based on social media likes? Seems like it could have a really on the nose message lol. And it kinda reminds me of deca-dence, so I'm a bit wary of how it could turn out. But so far it seems interesting!
Jul 3, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2018
FANTAMELONSODA said:

Like said "masterclass" had sub-classes, quota to fill, certain moral codes going against could put you in a pickle, agents who go after irregularities ect. A virtual dystopia too. And of course some characters cheated the system.
Jul 3, 2022 1:11 PM
Jun 2016
alshu said:
FANTAMELONSODA said:

Like said "masterclass" had sub-classes, quota to fill, certain moral codes going against could put you in a pickle, agents who go after irregularities ect. A virtual dystopia too. And of course some characters cheated the system.

How are those unique to Deca-Dence? You said Yurei Deco borrowed these ideas from Deca-Dence. There is no explicit master-slave separation in Yurei Deco like in Deca-Dence. There is no quota in Yurei Deco, just social credit as currency (for more virtualization options). Nobody is threatening them by force to achieve a certain quota. Also are you saying that Yurei Deco borrowed the great genius ideas of "certain moral codes going against could put you in a pickle," "agents who go after irregularities" (except there are no agents going after irregularities, just curious kids investigating Zero, not any authority), and "characters cheated the system" are not original ideas by Deca-Dence lmao.

Also Deca-Dence is NOT a virtual dystopia because in the view of the oppressed, the virtualization is only used by the master class as a tool to interact with the slaves for entertainment but the dystopia is in fact a hard reality. A virtual dystopia would be Fractale where post-scarcity dictates that their "real" needs are being met with virtual goods, which is exactly what you see in Yurei Deco.

Deca-Dence is closest to Westworld in that a slave class is used as a theme park--that is literally the main theme of Deca-Dence and what makes it unique. The virtualization is what separates it from Westworld, but unlike Westworld there really is no Marxist class consciousness in Deca-Dence, just a simple "the slaves got saved by one girl and a rebel from the master class" story.
Jul 3, 2022 1:23 PM
May 2020
well hell the first WTF show of the Summer!
Jul 3, 2022 1:40 PM
Jul 2015
DrBalls said:
... but I guess you can't expect battle shonen fans to watch or enjoy anything else.

While I, too, use every opportunity to bitch about shounen animes (or its godawful tropes, the sheer amount of stupidity, the cringy display of male pride for the sake of male pride and what have you), I find your quip somewhat unjustified here. I mean we could in good faith just assume that there are people who can enjoy both (I know it sounds ridiculous because shounen is mostly dumb; like, really really dumb, but still).

Also, that ending? Kind of forcing an "enemy" (not really, but, you know) into an alliance in order to face a greater threat, cut aaaaand cliffhanger. You gotta admit that is something prominently found in shounen animes; and, while by no means exclusive to that "genre", it is definitely featured in the Shounen-101 book, somewhere within the first few pages, I'm sure of it.
Jul 3, 2022 1:46 PM
Jul 2015
I'm a bit undecided about that currency thing being perceived as "social credit" in this discussion here. I'd say that - for now (e.i. episode 1) - it's just plain currency. Also, the setting seems more like a corporate-driven dystopia to me - I mean isn't that "love" crap literally about buying shit?
Jul 3, 2022 1:52 PM

May 2018
FANTAMELONSODA said:

How are those unique to Deca-Dence?

It felt it kind of more similar than the augment reality in Dennou Coil or I don't know... the virtual world in Ghost In The Shell...and even less Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime (aka Bell)

FANTAMELONSODA said:
There is no explicit master-slave separation

But the masters in Deca-Dence lived in an dystopian society too...

FANTAMELONSODA said:
There is no quota in Yurei Deco, just social credit as currency

Same difference - if your social credit is low or zero that means social death...goo luck finding job than.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Nobody is threatening them by force to achieve a certain quota.

You mussed some of the stuff the teacher was saying?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Also are you saying that Yurei Deco borrowed the great genius ideas of "certain moral codes going against could put you in a pickle,"

You can mocke my english but you actually know what I am trying to say here. (Like the social reciprocations and stuff)

FANTAMELONSODA said:
"agents who go after irregularities" (except there are no agents going after irregularities

This is what I guess those zeros towards the end of the episode were - they reacted to a glitch and thought the the MCs where such (yeah a bit like Sacchi from Dennou Coil). A theory of mine.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
are not original ideas by Deca-Dence

No, the actually original ideas come from cyberpunk stuff like Neuromancer ect but I think things here play out in way more similar to Deca-Dence that any other show I know (and for example I never watched Kaiba and .hack//SIGN).

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Also Deca-Dence is NOT a virtual dystopia because in the view of the oppressed

The "alien robots" AIs were oppressed too...did you missed that out? Did you missed what was happening to the "irregular" of them?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
A virtual dystopia would be Fractale where post-scarcity dictates that their "real" needs are being met with virtual goods, which is exactly what you see in Yurei Deco.

...and Deca-Dence too.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Deca-Dence is closest to Westworld

Only on the master-slave idea.
The virtual part is very different.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
is literally the main theme of Deca-Dence

Actually Deca-Dence has several main themes (fails making something good with those tho).

FANTAMELONSODA said:
there really is no Marxist class consciousness in Deca-Dence

Did we watch the same show? What about that time when the MC was thrown at what is basically a virtual gulag?
Jul 3, 2022 2:11 PM

Jan 2017
Not sure what to think yet, my feelings are somewhat mixed but rather positive. The story is promising enough to pique my interest, and I do like the flashy looks and colorful world, but I hope it's final message will be something more than "social media is... le bad!"
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jul 3, 2022 2:41 PM
Jun 2016
The dystopia experienced by the alien-robots were not DUE to virtuality. They were using virtuality to interact with the slave class in a theme park, but it's not exactly virtual because real human lives are lost. It's not just some avatars clashing, it's actual physical objects with human lives on the line. You can't make any allegory in the virtuality of modern day society with Deca-Dence as you can with Yurei Deco and Fractale.

Marxist class consciousness isn't about the authoritarian crimes against humanity in communist history and is not related to the gulag (which isn't virtual, it was REAL). Class consciousness is about collectively gaining awareness about their state of oppression, especially the awareness of their OPPRESSORS. In Deca-Dence, the humans don't know about the existence of the robots until Episode 10 and there is no organized resistance by humans against the robots, it's just the rebel robot army sabotaging the factories.

Also being oppressed at gunpoint is NOT equal to economic oppression, but one can make the argument regarding wage slavery and gunboat diplomacy acting on the same power dynamic, but they are fundamentally different because one offers meritocracy, the other is direct oppression with no hope for emancipation. So no, humans enslaved through physical violence is not equal to humans earning wages for their skills.

Ultimately there is no unique idea in Deca-Dence that can be said to have been borrowed by Yurei Deco like you are forcefully arguing for. Deca-Dence is just a small blip and I doubt the creators were even aware of it.
Jul 3, 2022 4:08 PM

Sep 2018
Science Saro doesn't really do it for me, though it was an alright episode.
Jul 3, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2015
My first drop of the season. Not my preference in story, character design and animation. If you like it then enjoy it.
Jul 3, 2022 4:25 PM
Aug 2018
that's gonna be fun i guess
Jul 3, 2022 5:06 PM

Aug 2020
interesting concept and plot. The world was amazing, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 3, 2022 8:40 PM

Dec 2018
Oh, this has some Fractale and Flip Flapper vibes, I like it!

I also like that a bangs girl has a starring role, of course~
Jul 3, 2022 8:59 PM

Aug 2018
"Love"
It was curious, the world is interesting and the animation very good. The opening is good and the ending is great.
Jul 3, 2022 11:26 PM

Oct 2016
I feel like I went on an acid trip, I am getting Sonny Boy PTSD, except it's a dystopian social media world, I like it.
Jul 3, 2022 11:38 PM
Nov 2020
kinda giving me a little bit of flip flappers vibes. fun and colorful. it kinda reminds me of a high production thesis film like you see animation majors make. I really hope it explores transhumanist themes. as social media in relation to transhumanism is underexplored in media. dispite it being very relevant to how we think and how we interact with each other and the world.
Jul 3, 2022 11:39 PM

Nov 2012
WTH did I just watch? oddly creative
For some reason not Zero reminded me of rhe Monkey King
Jul 4, 2022 12:53 AM

May 2018
@FANTAMELONSODA , dude, you forgot to tag me...kind of pointles if you wanted me to participate in the discussion.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
The dystopia experienced by the alien-robots were not DUE to virtuality.

No, it was due to the horrible rules they lived under.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
They were using virtuality to interact with the slave class

I don't get it. Those guys were AIs, they literally lived in a virtual world.
And stop mentioning the slave part since I am not arguing about it at all...here we don't have that.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
It's not just some avatars clashing, it's actual physical objects with human lives on the line.

Not from the POV of the AIs (well, the most of them).

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Marxist class consciousness isn't about the authoritarian crimes against humanity in communist history and is not related to the gulag (which isn't virtual, it was REAL).

One of the key components of marxism is that every member of society should be doing something for it, they should be productive.
And here the problem with dystopian marxist societies - the rules who is being productive and who isn't are pretty messed up. And if you have forgotten, the AI version of Kaburagi - the MC of Deca-Dence was thrown at a horrible virtual prison of sorts for being unproductive (but actually not fitting the society all that well)...and the conditions there on conceptional level (the supposed reeducation with labor) weren't very different from what you could find in the real island of Gulag at certain historical period.
Also I am pretty sure when you write gulag without a capital letter it means an institution with similar functions...so are you playing dumb with your "But Gulag was a real place"?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Also being oppressed at gunpoint is NOT equal to economic oppression

Are you still talking about the humans in Deca-Dence? Wasn't I clear that I am talking about the AIs in that show...or you are skipping that on purpose?

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Ultimately there is no unique idea in Deca-Dence

Yeah actually you are right...there are no original ideas in sci-fi since the 70s...but some of the interpretations of those ideas also how those are used in Deca-Dence give me strong Yurei Deco vibes.

FANTAMELONSODA said:
Deca-Dence is just a small blip and I doubt the creators were even aware of it.

In the bigger scale of the things it isn't even a blip...but no doubt it was playing with some very interesting concepts, which the regular virtual reality anime will skip. For example on conceptual level your favorite Fractal was pretty standard and dull in comparison.
Jul 4, 2022 1:30 AM
Nov 2018
I saw the poster and synopsis. My reaction: “This looks weird, I’m in.”

Watched episode 1. “This is exactly the kind of show I’ve been wanting since I got into anime.”

I can get people hating all the “love-y” phrases.
But this looks like it will be a great under appreciated gem that will never be forgotten by those who found it. (I hope I’m right here)
Jul 4, 2022 6:22 AM
May 2021
Weird episode but not bad.The score is somewhat unexpected(6.47).
Jul 4, 2022 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
Very creative episode as expected from Saru.
Jul 4, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
That's a really colorful anime.

It's pretty unique and enjoyable but kinda confusing. Their world is so digital that it's difficult to tell which one is the real world. The digital-ness of this anime is pretty similar to Deca-Dence but this one looks way too virtual.

I hope they explain their highly upgraded technology soon cuz even tho it's just the 1st episode, this super digital city is bothering me already.

Hack is an interesting character, like the way she talks. But about the MC tho, I find Berry kinda annoying, especially when she says “Love ui!”, it's kinda cringey and really gets to my ears. I know she says that to go with the plot but it's too repetitive. I think if she said it in Japanese it would've been softer to the ears and less annoying.

But the animation is beautiful and I like the plot and the colorfulness of this anime. Really excited to see where it'll go.
Rickydory123Jul 4, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 4, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2022
really good start, love the music
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This screams hidden gem of the season ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 6, 2022

68 by Marinate1016 »»
Sep 27, 2023 12:17 PM

» Pilot film question

Myani2016 - Dec 25, 2022

0 by Myani2016 »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:42 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

38 by bastek66 »»
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM

» Song Information Regarding to Teaser video

Ancerise - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Ancerise »»
Dec 10, 2022 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2022

26 by Swiggy »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.