Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any anime that you feel like you're the only person who enjoys it?

New
May 12, 2022 2:40 PM

Jun 2017
For me, it's 3d Kanojo. I really like and identify with the lead, but every review i've seen gives it a horrible score.

Same with Takena's shorts. I like horror and gore but his work is some of the lowest rated stuff on the entire site.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2022 3:09 PM

Apr 2021
“Why yes, I did give summer 2021’s Kanojo mo Kanojo a 10/10 unironically”

I feel like people take anime too seriously, which is why shows like girlfriend girlfriend have a general negative rep when it wasn’t made to be taken seriously in the slightest in the first place
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
May 12, 2022 3:21 PM
Nov 2021
Personally, i think its Great Pretender. Like, none talks about it or anything...
May 12, 2022 3:26 PM

Oct 2018
I'm the single person in the planet who loves Koi wa Ameagari no You Ni
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 12, 2022 3:35 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Phosphophyllita said:

Make that two people cause I also loved that show
May 12, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2020
Wakako-zake. Extremely short series about an OL getting some munchies from bars. It's far too short to have 'character development' or a complex story. Just watch the good food and good booze. What more do people want from a series that totals to the broadcasting time of a single anime episode?

Also,

NotTaiga7 said:
“Why yes, I did give summer 2021’s Kanojo mo Kanojo a 10/10 unironically”

I feel like people take anime too seriously, which is why shows like girlfriend girlfriend have a general negative rep when it wasn’t made to be taken seriously in the slightest in the first place

Wow, I've finally met another fan of this show, out of like 5.

To play devil's advocate, Hiroyuki's works in general kind of require the viewer to overcome their initial suspension of disbelief to really get into them.

Aho Girl: Here's this really, really, unimaginably stupid girl! Watch the MC suffer from her boundless stupidity!

Mangaka and Assistant: Here's this really perverted mangaka! Watch him be really perverted with zero context! He also has a harem to boot, just because he can!

Kanojo mo Kanojo: Here's this two-timing bastard and his two girls! See how their crazy relationship unfolds when they actually try to make it work! (btw, they share one brain cell amongst themselves)
May 12, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2021
Shiroi Suna no Aquatope
I mean, some people mentioned it, so I'm technically not the only one, but even they didn't like the second half, which made me nominate that as AOTY 2021
May 12, 2022 3:43 PM

Jul 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
That show was awesome.
E_Lou4i said:
Personally, i think its Great Pretender. Like, none talks about it or anything...
The one thing I heard about the show is that the ending was bad.
Well, that's a big excessive, but considering that the first 14 episodes are approximately the best thing animated ever, that isn't about writing letters, the last arc was a let down, they pushed it too far.
May 12, 2022 3:44 PM
Nov 2021
JaniSIr said:
Phosphophyllita said:
That show was awesome.
E_Lou4i said:
Well, that's a big excessive, but considering that the first 14 episodes are approximately the best thing animated ever, that isn't about writing letters, the last arc was a let down, they pushed it too far.
Yeah i admit it. The ending was weird and rushed but still, none talks about that show
May 12, 2022 3:50 PM

Sep 2008
just about everything I watch. my irl and internet friends stopped watching anime.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
May 12, 2022 3:56 PM
Nov 2021
Phosphophyllita said:

Out of all the shows I've watched from Wit Studio, After the Rain is probably the best one I've seen so far. Sometimes I wonder if I should put it in my favorites or not.

BurningCarnation said:
Wakako-zake. Extremely short series about an OL getting some munchies from bars. It's far too short to have 'character development' or a complex story. Just watch the good food and good booze. What more do people want from a series that totals to the broadcasting time of a single anime episode?

Man, I wish there were more episodes because that was a really nice show to relax and admire the food. Pshuuu!
May 12, 2022 4:00 PM

May 2020
Honestly there’s nothing that can probably fit that. But if you mean some anime that most people don’t enjoy and I’m one of the minority who loves it then it’s probably Girlfriend, Girlfriend. It really is a show that has transcended all kinds of madness.

Maybe try sleeping?

Jul 2021
E_Lou4i said:
JaniSIr said:
That show was awesome.
Yeah i admit it. The ending was weird and rushed but still, none talks about that show
It wasn't even rushed, the last arc being 9 episodes long made it the longest by a long shot...
The issue just was that the show was operating on a mind fuckery level that no other got away with. Like Death Note crumbled under much less than what they showed off in episode 1, and they kept going further and further.

Jun 2020
Tsurune had amazing atmosphere. Very comfy show. Don't see it mentioned that much.
May 12, 2022 4:03 PM

Jul 2017
Hajimete no Gal and Okassan Online. I ate those up lol.

May 12, 2022 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
Urahara is mine. It has an abysmal score on MAL and everyone I've asked who has seen it agrees with the sentiment that it's bad, but I loved it.
May 12, 2022 4:14 PM
Mar 2017
Enjoyed After The Rain/Koi wa Ameagari no You Ni (so make that 3, I haven't checked the discussions on MAL or many places either), a bit of Kanojo mo Kanojo, Mangaka and Assistant was fine I breezed through it so I don't remember it. Enjoyed Rent A Girlfriend too I don't care how particular it is I binged it. XD

Having just finished Wakakozake glad to add another to the list that was surprised missed out on in 2015.

I don't see many talk about Nazotokine either the puzzle world slice of life one. But I'd probably say the same about many 2-6 minute shows. I mean I saw the group of Tawawa on Monday S2 and Douki-chan fans in MAL discussions but most just write them off but they were the shows I cared about most a few seasons ago not the bigger lengthy shows and they made my Mondays for me at 11am alright. :)

Could say the same for One Room, sure a perspective self insert show but I just wanted to see what happens even if pauses when the protagonist says nothing and nothing special. I'm surprised it even got 3 seasons. Room Mate I get (the female audience one with a bunch of guys in a motel I think) but One Room was pretty surprising. But I like looking at shows with different approaches to things besides just the usual so it worked for me.

I mean I probably have many I've seen that are niche from the 2010s not even counting earlier ones like Colorful (not the movie the OVA series that's unrelated to it and is abstract and focuses on voyeur that I think is to send a message not just be ecchi for the sake of it). I just stumbled upon them with MAL searches for something else I was looking for and they seemed interesting besides just sometimes MAL recommendations by those that have gone deeper for niche anime.

I'm not going to say Teekyuu is good but I mean there is some 2-6 minute anime I do prefer for sure. But I think ones like I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying is up there.

Otherwise I'll review the manga I see no reviews for that I enjoyed.

If had to say the show that I enjoyed because it was supposed to be bad was Chou Henshin Cosprayers. With the other two shows part of the MOE trilogy showing it was a bad production in universe watching Cosprayers makes more sense than just going 'it's a bad show' without the context when it's supposed to be. Even besides that I didn't mind it for what it was but with that extra included it made a difference for sure as I don't watch the types of shows Cosprayers really is. Sure the others giving the context from the production people's and actors perspective were a bit odd but I mean it got the point across well even if they are a bit average I still got something out of them.

I didn't mind Umaru either sure I get why people do but I could sit through it no problem. Just like Haruhi I wasn't phased by most of what happened. Uzaki a fair amount but 3D Kanojo I couldn't really sit through but pushed through it and even Jaku Chara I pushed through.

Also when it comes to voice acting ones I don't know about Koe De Oshigoto. I enjoyed the manga but not sure about the OVAs compared to that what people think much. Especially compared to your Sora ga Seiyuu, Girlish Number and so on.

I know a friend that watched Aquatope. Wasn't sure about watching it (I haven't seen it) it same with Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara as while the art was good I didn't get far in it (episode 3 first run, episode 6 second run).
Suntanned_Duck2May 12, 2022 5:09 PM
May 12, 2022 4:15 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
May 12, 2022 4:21 PM

Feb 2020
I also love 3-d kanojo, its in my favorite too. Second season was very pretty well received so i dont think we are alone. well, alone is is overstatement for any anime tbh.

Anyways a good eg would be something like Fastest Finger First. I felt like it had a lot of potential and unique from others, but it never continued after s1. same way no gun life showed potential in cyberpunk area with my preferred style of storytelling and there is radiant (which also showed same growth as 3-d kanojo in second season). others would be devil line (which for me was substitute for tokyo ghoul...though art of that manga is not very good and animation is also not because of platinum vision).
There are other shows too, which have decent scores by are less talked or appreciated like
sagrada reset, buso renkin, please teacher, Shion's King, aura, mary and the witch's flower, kokkoku, haikara san, Kiznaiver

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 12, 2022 4:24 PM

Jul 2020
zombie_pegasus said:
Urahara is mine. It has an abysmal score on MAL and everyone I've asked who has seen it agrees with the sentiment that it's bad, but I loved it.

My god the synopsis reads like an unholy hybrid of Alien 9 and Nyaruko-san. What kind of show has comedy AND psychological as its genres?

(Adds to PtW list)
May 12, 2022 4:31 PM

Sep 2020
I definitely feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed freezing and rent a girlfriend
May 12, 2022 4:45 PM
Jan 2017
I genuinely enjoyed Divine Gate and I'm not afraid to admit it
May 12, 2022 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
Aside from Kaminomi and NNB...pretty much everything on my current favorite anime list. Don't look at me like that... I-it's not as if I intentionally choose only niche obscure titles to make me look special or anything, baka!
May 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Feb 2020
I am the only person in the universe who likes Toradora. Everyone else hates it nowadays.
May 12, 2022 5:03 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Boku no Pico. Not to say I ENJOYED it but it wasn't bad, on the hentai scale. Compared to violent rape, necrophilia and beastiality hentai out there, BnP was tame.
May 12, 2022 5:09 PM

Oct 2019
Lolicon said:
Boku no Pico. Not to say I ENJOYED it but it wasn't bad, on the hentai scale. Compared to violent rape, necrophilia and beastiality hentai out there, BnP was tame.
Lolicon said:

read the thread again, unless you are here to say that you favor shota hentai.
I see dead people
May 12, 2022 5:10 PM

Jan 2020
epidemia78 said:
Aside from Kaminomi and NNB...pretty much everything on my current favorite anime list. Don't look at me like that... I-it's not as if I intentionally choose only niche obscure titles to make me look special or anything, baka!

TWGOK is vastly underrated, and I imagine most people write it off because of the genre/atmosphere of the series. I'm still disappointed that the final season never got animated. The manga is truly impressive.

Also, I don't see too many people talking about Chihayafuru. The storytelling and character development is incredible. It's on par with 3-gatsu no Lion in my opinion. Yet, I've seen 3-gatsu gets a lot more attention, not that it doesn't deserve it. There are just a lot of things that don't deserve to be overlooked or dropped within 1-3 episodes.

I think people just put too much stock into fighting series. Silver Spoon is done by the same author who did FMAB, and yet, on MAL, it's 451 slots under it. But I would argue it's just as good in terms of storytelling and characters.

mazuchi said:
I am the only person in the universe who likes Toradora. Everyone else hates it nowadays.

Toradora! is one of the best Romcom series of our generation. :o

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 12, 2022 5:15 PM

May 2021
mazuchi said:
this is just like not true not even just on anime forums but I know people IRL who love it
E_Lou4i said:
Great pretender was also great
May 12, 2022 5:16 PM

Feb 2020
commonxreaction said:
mazuchi said:

Toradora! is one of the best Romcom series of our generation. :o
Yes! For some reason it only gets brought up as a negative example on this forum.
May 12, 2022 5:24 PM

Jan 2022
Well, I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie right now. Although I can see why it is hated by many, especially to Izumi.
May 12, 2022 5:55 PM
Apr 2018
No one talks about Devils line, Coppelion, or Wolf girl black prince and they are wonderful
May 12, 2022 6:04 PM

Dec 2019
alcieljakob said:
Well, I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie right now. Although I can see why it is hated by many, especially to Izumi.
Yeah it gets alot of hate but I've been really enjoying it too
May 12, 2022 6:07 PM

Dec 2019
Seems like I'm not the only one here who really liked girlfriend, girlfriend like two others said on here.

I really enjoyed that show too it was super funny imo
May 12, 2022 6:28 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Kawashiri Kodama da yo: Dangerous Lifehacker no Tadareta Seikatsu

I'm sure nobody enjoys this anime.. but i do..

May 12, 2022 6:33 PM

Jan 2018
regarding romance anime, (not that I watch many romance genre) my take is that at least japan didn't portray relationship as something that you needed to show off to everyone like how they be awkward around their friends and such. at least the male mc is slightly better than real life cause when one get good at relationship they tend to become a playboy / slut.

curious to know how people compare romance anime to popular romance drama like korean in terms of relationship / bonding experience. on a side note, family k- drama they always be out drinking at local shop discussing their relationship issue which feels repetitive quickly because there are many episode (still people watch new series after one ended).

on topic, I'm guessing I'm not the only one but for SAO it manage to engage with me on a deeper level than other romance. I get that romance + fantasy in a package which is neatly presented to me (just watch). I cannot fully enjoy light novel as it might be too long for me (maybe I can try it if I can buy a physical copy where I live) and it's not that engaging reading it digitally. Granted i try reading baz blue light novel which involves time paradox / time travel which is not my cup of tea already lol.

you know i feel like there's still a level of disappointment when you root for anime character only for them to get sidelined because of that's just the way author wants it to be. so I assume someone would probably try to experience love on their own at least once because it still feels a bit demotivating to see good written character in our eyes to not get that relationship win.
May 12, 2022 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Attackonfiller said:
Hajimete no Gal and Okassan Online. I ate those up lol.
I hope you're talking about the Hajimete no Gal dub.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2021
I think I'm the only one who enjoyed School Days and Guilty Crown.
May 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2014
"Girlfriend is a Sho-Bitch", even among people who like these type of show I never heard anyone talk about it, either positive or negative.
I found it really funny, with likeable girls and sexy ecchi scenes.
May 12, 2022 6:57 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I could probably bring up some obscure anime from the '70s, but if you want something recent, I'd mention Bubuki Buranki. It's a full cg anime and mecha, so I get it. It's really fun, though.
May 12, 2022 6:58 PM

Aug 2018
commonxreaction said:

TWGOK is vastly underrated, and I imagine most people write it off because of the genre/atmosphere of the series. I'm still disappointed that the final season never got animated. The manga is truly impressive.

quoted for truth. People hate it because it has "harem" in the tags. never mind the fact that it's got peak comedy, a great cast, an amazing soundtrack and excellent writing. Literally the only downside is that the anime ended with half the story left untold.
May 12, 2022 7:04 PM

Aug 2017
Ima say Shinsekai Yori. It's super good and the twists were unexpected. The start of the anime was not hard to grasp, just gotta continue watching
May 12, 2022 8:05 PM

Jun 2020
Hetalia, Yuyushiki, Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai, Windy Tales, Cencoroll, A Piece of Phantasmagoria.. I do see youtube comments for some of these shows, and know there are people in the world that enjoy them as much as I do, but never seen them even mentioned on MAL threads.

BurningCarnation said:

I love Wakako-Zake too! :D ..I've seen it multiple times and it's so relaxing to me.
silentviewMay 12, 2022 8:11 PM
May 12, 2022 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Godzilla S.P., too many people focused on bashing the unnecessary complexity of the show instead of just going with the flow and enjoying its ridiculousness. A lot of people seemed to enjoy it but it was barely talked about.

I'll say Kaijuu no Kodomo, R.O.D. The TV and Speed Grapher as well, but mostly because no one remembers they exist.
May 12, 2022 8:25 PM

Apr 2012
For me it's Di Gi Charat Nyo but I can't blame anyone since the official release was dropped/cancelled and the HK bootleg subs out there are so horrible that no one should watch it that way. It needs at least proper fansubs but there are none. The show is very enjoyable.
May 12, 2022 8:37 PM
Mar 2021
mine would be nurarihyon no mago! I've never seen anyone discuss it
May 12, 2022 8:41 PM
Aug 2021
I’m the one who enjoyed Domestic Girlfriend and re-watched it many times.
May 12, 2022 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
Uchuu Kyoudai is an example of Anime that I've never seen people talking about on this forum, not that it doesn't have just that there is very little.
May 12, 2022 9:03 PM

Jan 2021
Divine Gate, I actually really liked the show, so when I went to its page to give it an 8, I was surprised to see the score under 6.
May 12, 2022 9:28 PM

Apr 2021
For this season specifically, I would say Dance Dance Danseur. Honestly shocking I see almost nobody talking about it.
May 12, 2022 9:32 PM

Jul 2021
3d kanojo was a 10/10.

Also I enjoyed rent a gf alot as well unlike many people here and on reddit, there people are just looking for ways to shit on it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

65 by Lost_Viking »»
5 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 8 hours ago

7 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
24 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Today

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
27 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

105 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
33 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

43 by NiceCorn »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.