Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 4, 2021 8:54 AM

Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
poggers, Nino short hair in the OP and ED

and holy shit, the quints so damn nice in furisode, a true eye candy.

also, seems like the quints are really grateful to Fuu for what he has done for them. Even Raiha is surprised to see her big brother popular with girls, her reaction was pretty funny

Yotsuba's eating that bit of cream off his cheek was pretty hot actually ngl

Ichika is sleep deprived as expected since she's working hard at both school and at her job as an actress. If Nino were to work as a dominatrix, I'd definitely make sure to be her first customer.

Jokes aside, I really love how girly and cute her dream of opening a restaurant is, she also seems to have found her prince charming and he isn't how she imagined him to be, she's still denying her feelings.

even their father knows how dumb Yotsuba is, it's funny, no offense Yotsu fans

They will be taking their exams next episode, everyone's most awaited scene is near, let's fucking gooo.

#NinoGang

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots.
KuuroFeb 10, 2021 7:23 AM
Feb 4, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
If there's one thing about Dr. Nakano himself I can bitch about, is that he's a bad parental figure to the quintuplets, and no one is more apparent about the situation than Fuutarou himself.

Starting the new year with terrible luck, it sure ain't terrible with the Nakano sisters now living together in a rented apartment. Raiha sure got the wrong notion for the moment, and even more with the harem being forced at Fuutarou's way.

Everyone (other than Yotsuba) thinking about kissing him on the cheek, a gesture is a gesture, but the latter sure made her move inconspicuously (manga readers will know what's going on).

Rather than letting Ichika be the sole breadwinner, the other Nakano sisters taking up employment to balance the weight is a good sign of familial reasons. But man, meeting Ichika while at work, at least Fuutarou has changed somewhat to let them manage their own lives without pushing themselves across the edge. Same with Nino and Yotsuba doing shopping.

The meeting between Itsuki and their dad, it's clear that he doesn't want Fuutarou to intervene in a family matter, much less about each quintuplet's grades. Yotsuba is the LEAST likely person to face their dad head-on, but damn, is it his own childrens' wish fulfillment to listen to.

Don't waste that last chance girls.
KANLen09Feb 4, 2021 1:48 PM
Feb 4, 2021 9:31 AM

May 2011
What an episode. Can't say the dad is wrong at all to be honest. Even with all of them getting a part-time job I doubt they can pay for tuition + all the other expenses.

Was curious and read the next few chapters and
Feb 4, 2021 9:50 AM
Shrek

Sep 2018
AZY-sama said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
poggers, Nino short hair in the OP and ED

Now this is poggies
Congrats Azy sensei 🙏
Manja_WariorFeb 4, 2021 10:02 AM
Feb 4, 2021 10:24 AM

Mar 2019
Tamako-chan too cute.

Ichika really cares about her sisters as the big onee-chan...she works for them all and pay everything...respect.

Not sure what to think about their father yet...I mean I can totally understand him. As a dad, you have to think about the grades of your daughter and therefore probably a change is needed...
Feb 4, 2021 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
The quints wanted to repay Fuutarou somehow and they all thought of kissing him except for Yotsuba who actually licked the cream on his face, that was a sweet peck.

Ichika's really an admirable big sister. She's working so hard to pay the expenses of all five of them, I really like this part of her. She's a really great big sis. Also Tamako chan was really cute.

Welp the girls gotta work hard now to pass the exam, specially Yotsuba who's really athletic but is bad at studying. I mean even if she gets on college with a sports recommendation she'd still need to pass the exam atleast.
MegamiRemFeb 6, 2021 4:03 AM
Feb 4, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
quite nice and chill episode, so much romance and stuff progressing in this episode. looks like uesugi's harem has pretty much all the quints in it now. that scene with the dad at the end was a bit scary but seems like its going to be okay for now, hope they do well on the next test... also, actor ichika was pretty cute.
Feb 4, 2021 1:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is great they kinda fixed the problem and they're coming back home with Uesugi tutoring them again but now it's quite tense because if they fail they'll be transferred to another school, well I hope that they'll be able to do it, but I'm not sure to be honest, seems like there will be other drama elements as well
Feb 4, 2021 1:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything the quints father really is quite distant from them. Damm bad luck to start the new year with huh. Still i think the quints will be able to change that easily. Man they sure look dazzling in their kimono's. The group massage though sure was amusing. But its nice to see that Futaro's teachings have managed to sink in and got them to do their homework early. Itsuki's decision to become a tutor though sure was curious. But given Nino's skill at cooking a role in the food industry will be beneficial. Damm the role that Ichika took on sure was embarrassing. Still her acting ability sure has improved a lot. Looks like Nino's feelings for Futaro have gotten stronger. Only Itsuki can pull off such a refusal with a smile though. Overall an interesting ep that did well in showing just how much Futaro's entry into their lives have changed the girls some more than others. While Yotsuba's claim is somewhat bold im quite curious to see whether can the six of them pull off passing the next exam.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2021 1:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Still think the voice they gave to the father doesn't fit the character. That's actually very rare in my view. Generally anime casting choices are spot on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2021 1:49 PM

Jun 2019
This might’ve been my favorite episode of the season so far. There was no completely contrived conflicts in this episode and we got some solid moments with the girls, partikularly with Ichika and Itsuki. Hopefully it it keeps the ball rolling next episode.
Feb 4, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
Yotsuba is just too innocent while the other girls were thinking of a kiss.

Nino has a dominatrix. Where can I sign up. XD

Pretty good episode. Ichika is working hard and I totally forgot about Tamako.

Feb 4, 2021 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
Any episode where Ichika receives some spotlight is a good episode.
Feb 4, 2021 2:32 PM

Sep 2019
Yotsuba's thought was really different than others' and it was so funny. Ichika's lying/acting side was cute.

I want Nino to dominate me.
Feb 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
Really love this episode ngl,
I hope that they passed the exam so that they won’t transfer school.
And the emotions are also very good in this episode as well

I’m looking forward for episode 6 and see what comes next.
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 4, 2021 3:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The dad giving them another chance, while they sort of earned that with yotsuba and itsuki speaking up, it would've been interesting to see how they would've continue on their own. Looks like we've reset, back to square one, redoing everything except this time there's slightly higher stakes. But hot damn is ichika KAWAII

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 4, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2017
They implemented short hair Nino on the OP and ED already, nice arigatou ❤️❤️

The kiss scene on the TV really made some of our quints fantasying quite a bit, huh?

A great dream from Nino, it will serve many delicious foods, that's for sure. She is so talented at cooking.
Maybe, this is a possible future?

Meeting between Itsuki and their dad. He needs to understand Fuutarou is an important tutor for them. They, even Yotsuba, will get the passing grade for sure for him and themself! Glad Yotsuba stepped up helping Itsuki there.

P.s. Open this to see the 2 best girls of the series.

Feb 4, 2021 3:34 PM
Dec 2019
Very easy watch, Great episode 5/5
Feb 4, 2021 3:34 PM
Nov 2019
I personally liked Nino with long hair more. Will she ever grow it back?
Feb 4, 2021 3:41 PM

Mar 2020
Maybe only ten seconds of the kimono scene. Sad, all of them looked great in them.

Well we can't forget the quints have left their previous house that was paid for and now have to try their best to provide a living for themselves. The Nakano household is running on the money Ichika earns. Ichika has to work a lot harder as the bills are very expensive. first time we've seen Ichika acting I think. She had to eat a piece of Fuutarou's awful cooking. Wonder how she really felt when she took a bite because she was definitely able to hide her real expression.

Father's face is finally revealed and those eyes he has, they look pretty dead. Instead of getting a new tutor Yotsuba deems she and her sisters will be able to pass with the help of only Fuutarou even after failing twice. Well the father gave Fuutarou and the sisters once last chance to pass so let's see what they'll be able to pull of. They say third times a charm!
made by Nate
Feb 4, 2021 3:59 PM
Aug 2020
I think I’m a little confused regarding Nino’s situation. At this point, does she know that Futaro and Kintaro were the same person, and she’s just in denial of her feelings for Futaro? I’d appreciate if someone could clarify on that for me :)
Feb 4, 2021 4:01 PM
Nov 2020
I loved this episode, mainly because ichika is my waifu for the moment and this has been amazing for her, showing how much she cares and looks after her sisters. She also looks super cute in that schoolgirl costume, especially the hair
Feb 4, 2021 4:04 PM
Aug 2020
Mannnnn this episode was amazing
specially since we get more short hair nino and all that
but i ik whats gonna happen next episode
N I N O B E S T G I R L
Feb 4, 2021 4:13 PM
Dec 2007
Delthea said:
I think I’m a little confused regarding Nino’s situation. At this point, does she know that Futaro and Kintaro were the same person, and she’s just in denial of her feelings for Futaro? I’d appreciate if someone could clarify on that for me :)
Shes aware that they were the same person. When she druged his drink a few episodes back, that was her revenge against him for trying to trick her. I wouldn't say she's in denial about her feelings per se, but more like in a state of disbelief.
Feb 4, 2021 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah still to this day, I don't like that father. He's a bad parent if you ask me.

The kimono scene was fire, shame it was so short though.

More Nino doki doki this episode and I can't wait to see the rest of her development!! Also, I am gonna agree with a lot of folk here, Nino may dominate me as well..
Feb 4, 2021 4:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
why are Nino's nails so damn OP?
Feb 4, 2021 4:49 PM
Aug 2020
clint87 said:
Delthea said:
Shes aware that they were the same person. When she druged his drink a few episodes back, that was her revenge against him for trying to trick her. I wouldn't say she's in denial about her feelings per se, but more like in a state of disbelief.
Great, I really appreciate it! That helps a lot.
Feb 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Mar 2010
FINALLY they finally having feelings for him and honestly I hope they just all have a orgy or something close.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 4, 2021 5:14 PM

Feb 2009
Ichika is the best, I love every Futaro and Ichika moment!

Feb 4, 2021 5:16 PM

Sep 2020
Anime girls in kimonos just hit different. Good episode ^_^

#Ninogang
Feb 4, 2021 5:23 PM
Dec 2019
I'm more impressed as each episode comes out. The humor in particular stood out this week.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 4, 2021 5:42 PM

Nov 2017
Ichika was cute.

Looks like the stakes have gotten higher (naturally). Fuutarou and the waifus gotta apply themselves even harder now
Feb 4, 2021 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
Leaving aside that Miku is still my best girl, they are all equally great. I really don't want any of them to lose :/...... Man, this is why I've been avoiding harem series lately :'D

Quite the imagination, Miku xD. Nino, the dominatrix. Yotsuba stealing the kiss. Ichika continuing to grow on me.... I enjoyed the episode so much I'm still excited about it haha. I said last week's episode was one of the best so far but I really loved this one too, I don't know, it was pretty funny and cute.
Feb 4, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2020
And finally again Ichika stole the spotlight on this episode.

AhrumFeb 4, 2021 8:12 PM

Feb 4, 2021 8:19 PM
Sep 2020
The reality is very different
Feb 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode, tbh at the beginning i thought that they would tell him that they all (besides Youtsuba) have feelings for him.

One of the funniest episodes from this season, Uesugi's sister is doing her role perfectly haha

On the other side, their dad is the worst guy ever, but i guess this is the time that they finally pass, and probably Yotsuba will realize her feelings or smth like that because the war already started, to see who will end with Uesugi.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 4, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2021
This week's episode is also really good, just like the previous episodes. It really shows how Ichika cares for her little sisters. Also, the scene where the five of them wear kimono is very well done. About the father, I don't like the way he thinks about his daughters, but I can't say I don't get where he's coming from. That being said, I don't know why, but the pacing on episode 5 feels a little too fast for me. Still, a very good episode.
Yuu_KanzakiFeb 4, 2021 9:03 PM
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Feb 4, 2021 9:11 PM

Mar 2019
Raiha is an Angel....

I bet... grown Raiha, could easily steal this show from the 5 sisters...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 4, 2021 9:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really glad to see Ichika got some of the spotlight this episode, I’ve always felt her and Yotsuba don’t get enough focus, and I really like both of them. A lot of good moments for all of the girls too, really loved this one.
Feb 4, 2021 10:51 PM

Apr 2020
When ichika was acting she sounded like mayuri from steins;gate lol
same voice actor
Feb 5, 2021 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
I really hope they change up the anime and do some different stuff compared to the manga. I wish they pull a Promise Neverland!
I'd love to see Ichika get changes, cause manga did her dirty.

From here as well Nino really shines, I never understood how people could get on board the Nino train.... but man did I hop on fast!

I hope that rumor is true as well and we get a anime original ending!

Feb 5, 2021 1:29 AM

Jun 2014
EcchiGodMamster said:
why are Nino's nails so damn OP?

It's not just the nails. She's OP on all levels. Only deliberately obtuse manga and anime protags cannot see the truth before them
Feb 5, 2021 2:25 AM

May 2016
Who is Papa Nakano's VA? Sounds like Koyasu Takehito......

Looks like they are going to blitz the Final Exam arc in one EP. It's a shame, since each quint got their own chapter in the manga.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 5, 2021 2:43 AM
Jun 2020
Complicated scene right now
Feb 5, 2021 4:33 AM
Oct 2018
tywhoppity said:
Who is Papa Nakano's VA? Sounds like Koyasu Takehito......

It was Kuroda Takaya.
Feb 5, 2021 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't expect that from Yotsuba. I thought it would be more possible for Miku to eat a cake from Futaro's cheek. Anyway, it's the last chance for girls. I hope they will pass the exams.
Feb 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Jun 2019
Another cute episode. This time, more focused on Ichika's side as the character. And not gonna lie, she was really adorable in this episode.
Looks like Dad is here. But, he's willing to give the girls one last chance for their examination. Otherwise, transfer to a new school and Bye Bye Uesugi. I hope they don't blow up their last chance.
IchikaGang ^w^
Feb 5, 2021 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
I'm relieved to see they adapted the phone call after all, as it was a small but very important moment from a character perspective. That aside, the pacing seems to have calmed down a bit this week after the show sped through the Seven Goodbyes, and the comedic and character beats really got a good chance to shine as a result. We're also seeing more and more evidence of the Quints developing feelings for Futaro as they interact more and more, which is one of the better directional changes we'll see going forwards from here (as opposed to the almost confrontational tone of a lot of his interactions with the Quints in the first season).

Best episode of the second season so far.
Feb 5, 2021 7:02 AM
Apr 2019
Damn. That father still irks me, even adding with that emotionless face. Well, at least we've got to see Ichika's moment here
Feb 5, 2021 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
All the girls had some pretty sweet scenes this episode. xD

The Yukatas were great.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» People are sleeping on best girl Itsuki

Helshiki - Nov 3, 2021

32 by patkarunungan »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

263 by patkarunungan »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

212 by patkarunungan »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

200 by patkarunungan »»
Today, 4:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

189 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.