Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2020 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy hell, Daisuke was in for a ride this episode, from falling out within his own family and assistant Kanbe to spending time with Haru and a prankster of a child to find his missing dog. As if this millionaire hasn't had his hands full already...

Being someone who always has his AI HEUSC around, without it, Daisuke is hopelessly penniless, and unfortunately his balance is limited this time around, to which Haru sees it as the usual annoyance of having to provide for another person.

From the time out of his family, right to spending the night in Haru's home and watching soap dramas, Daisuke's just as striking as he is, and the latter hitting the sweet spot of getting to know the former's tastes better.

Well, taking it as a lesson of sorts, and the full redemption at the end of the day. Love that the relationship between both men are getting closer, and Daisuke back with his family, with a different mindset and being more capable than he was before.

A more down-to-earth episode without all the action, but still VERY enjoyable.
The Millionaire Detective: Balance:Limited. 55,000++ yen, that's the cheapest episode so far.
Aug 6, 2020 10:16 AM
Nov 2019
daisuke hair down.
Aug 6, 2020 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
This was a great opportunity for Daisuke to get some character development and learn how the real world works. He’s been so pampered even the simplest of things are odd to him. Really glad he left his device.

Love seeing he and Kanbe’s relationship dynamic. Great partners. Pretty chill episode, looking forward to next week.
Aug 6, 2020 10:38 AM
Sep 2015
Fanservice: Unlimited
Aug 6, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2016
Daisuke on his day-off is being called by Haru to look for a dog, but he has forgotten his phone and earring.

They couldn't find the dog on the first day and now Kanbe doesn't want to go home, and doesn't have any money so he is going to rely on Haru.

Kanbe tried some cheap food and Katou's special and was surprised by how delicious it was despite hating nato.

Kanbe bought Shiro's sibling (RIP Shiro), at least the boy is happy. Woah, is Kanbe becoming a chef and that Shokugeki no Souma reaction from Suzue.

Enjoyable episode but it looked more like an OVA to me.
Aug 6, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2017
Life is sure hard without money XD.

Gosh I dun wanna ever see Daisuke without gel again, he should always gel his hair unlike John from Unordinary.

Awww Suzue's so overprotective of Daisuke, I'm all in for their ship.

Lol my man Daisuke uses 5cm shoes XD, well he maybe short but he is dope.

That last part was unexpected. So the dog died and Daisuke bought it's cousin for the kid, he's a sweet guy.

Lmao what a name he gave that dish and I have my doubts about the taste but ofc anything he makes will be ultra delicious to Suzue.
Aug 6, 2020 11:02 AM

Mar 2019
I'm still curious who is Suzue to Daisuke. I need to know their true relationship
Aug 6, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
This was some chill fun and Daisuke actually handled a day without money better than expected, but maybe because my expectations for the scenario were much crazier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 2020 3:24 PM
May 2015
That was very low-key. But it was an opportunity for Kanbe to sample life like everyone else, on a middle-class level without his unlimited resources to help him.

Kato and Kanbe make a great odd couple.

I'm not sure why Kanbe left home in a huff, but at least he made up with his family. and showcased some cool cooking too!

Aug 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
A different kind of episode, a bit unexpected in parts, but it was honestly great. I really dig how much they've bonded compared to how their first few interactions were. Though the ending was a bit. Ooof. Really hit the heart strings there.
Aug 6, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2017
i like how dumbfounded Daisuke was at everyday normal life (although idk if Haru's is considered everyday normal xd). poor kid though, got his dog back but at the same time didn't

Bakaichigo said:
I'm still curious who is Suzue to Daisuke. I need to know their true relationship

I'd like to belive they're actually in a relationship and are only pretending with the whole cousin thing :P
Aug 6, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2019
Turning the source love interest into a relative is the weirdest change I've ever seen. Poor suzue.
lov3lymjAug 6, 2020 4:47 PM
Aug 6, 2020 3:49 PM
Apr 2020
this episode felt kinda useless but it was still nice to see some character development for daisuke and cute daiharu moments 😖
Aug 6, 2020 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
Daiharu have such a fun dynamic. Seeing them eat together and get drunk was hilarious. Also Daisuke having to rely on Haru because he had no money at all was great.
Aug 6, 2020 4:27 PM
Dec 2019
Haneken2086 said:
That was very low-key. But it was an opportunity for Kanbe to sample life like everyone else, on a middle-class level without his unlimited resources to help him.

Kato and Kanbe make a great odd couple.

I'm not sure why Kanbe left home in a huff, but at least he made up with his family. and showcased some cool cooking too!

he just got dejected suzue served nato for his breakfast haha
Aug 6, 2020 4:36 PM

Oct 2017
Interesting episode! I really enjoyed the slice-of-life feel to it (plus the fanservice... daisuke with his hair down looks too good). It was super cute that daisuke showed off the natto recipe when he got home. Also noticed that suzue saw the bandaid on his finger but did not inquire about it... strange.
Aug 6, 2020 4:48 PM
Jul 2014
Such a cute episode!! Could this be, Daisuke-kun’s first sleepover? ..
Anyway it was such a nice change of pace! So this is what DaiHaru does on their day off work. I absolutely loved how they reference daisuke to that puppy since he’s almost like a lost puppy himself :3

And here’s the translations for the costs! I realised they’re often not subbed so here goes:

COST INCURRED THIS EPISODE:

シロの兄弟犬購入費

COST FOR SHIRO’S BROTHER DOG PURCHASE

¥55,000

電車賃 

TRAIN FARE

¥370

納豆

NATTO

¥23

マヨネーズ 

MAYONNAISE
¥71

半熟卵 

SOFT BOILED EGG

¥52

ブラックペッパー (ホール)

WHOLE BLACK PEPPER

¥100

TOTAL
 ¥55,616

PS: currently taking japanese classes and hoping to do more translations in future! Feel free to send friend request/anime recs your way I’d love to make more friends :D have a good day!
txsamaAug 7, 2020 6:54 AM
Aug 6, 2020 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
This was better than the rest because for once the case of the week didn't involve some shaky logic, but the show is still largely... not interesting?

In theory it should be carried entirely by Daisuke's charisma and his relationship with Haru but 1) Daisuke's VA can't act for shiet, 2) His relationship with Haru is incredibly puzzling and quite honestly dull. They went from hating and barely standing each other in 2 to meeting Daisuke's grandma in 3 and now he's crashing at his place.

I guess it's not bad enough for me to drop it, but it's also kinda just not interesting.

Aug 6, 2020 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
Nice and chill episode with a lot of comedy. I'm liking Daisuke more and more each episode.
Aug 6, 2020 5:18 PM

Mar 2020
this episode was hilariously adorable <3 probably my favorite one so far.

rip to the poor puppy tho ):

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Aug 6, 2020 5:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
for real, it was actually the best episode so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 6, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
this episode had me smiling so hard. i really enjoyed it <3 4/5

Aug 6, 2020 5:46 PM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Fugou Keiji and more of our curious pair of detectives..

This time we had an episdoe with character development for Kanbe, having really funny moments cause his poor knowledge of the "normal world"..
Also good moments of Haru and Kanbe working together, this team is going to be one of the best of the season!

Another solid episode,
Just waiting for next one!
Aug 6, 2020 5:50 PM
Dec 2019
did anyone else happen to notice the erased easter egg around the 18-minute mark? you can see kenya kobayashi, satoru fujinuma, kazu and osamu in the background :)
Aug 6, 2020 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
What a chill and great episode. It was a completely new experience for Daisuke xD Watching his workers (?) being worried over him was pretty funny, the whole cut thing, he reminded me at that scene a kid that cut himself for the first time.

And it seems that this was his first time spending a night with friends while drinking, more of that please xD

This whole episode was great character development. And
And that ending ahaha, he actually cooked for them.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 6, 2020 6:27 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode! It's a nice change of pace and I loved the way Daisuke tried to adapt to a different life style XD Hilarious! Also, poor puppy... at least the kid got a new one without realizing it's not the same Shiro he knows :< R.I.P. old Shiro </3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 6, 2020 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
I like how they dramatized Daisuke forgetting about his phone a.k.a HEUSC a.k.a Unlimited Balance :D Even the AI said "Balance Limited" haha! Nice chill episode, loved it.
Aug 6, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
i'm pretty sure that kid was voiced by none other than Kitou Akari!
i wanna taste some Kato family special! yum!
4/5.

Aug 6, 2020 6:40 PM

Nov 2018
this gonna be one of the best fanservice episode.
Aug 6, 2020 6:55 PM

Feb 2020
Funniest episode for me 5/5
Aug 6, 2020 7:15 PM

Mar 2019
Short_Circut said:
i like how dumbfounded Daisuke was at everyday normal life (although idk if Haru's is considered everyday normal xd). poor kid though, got his dog back but at the same time didn't

Bakaichigo said:

I'd like to belive they're actually in a relationship and are only pretending with the whole cousin thing :P

Me too. It's obvious they're keeping Suzue's identity for some unknown reason
Aug 6, 2020 8:21 PM

May 2020
It was nice to see an episode focused on Daisuke without his money. I"m curious to learn more about his relationship with Suzue. with this episode though I'm not really sure where the series is going, still enjoyed it.
Aug 6, 2020 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
I laughed at that "Balance: Limited" part hahahahahaha.

JARVIS (HEUSC) getting annoying XD
Aug 6, 2020 9:23 PM

Mar 2015
I know some people think Suzue might have something with Daisuke and it's false that they are relatives but I don't think that's true at all, due to what this adaption is trying to achieve.
Even if they are a couple in the original story(I don't know if they are) I don't think this will happen here.

That said
Aug 6, 2020 9:58 PM

Aug 2015
Was this a filler? Completely tangent from the plot. Art was pretty shoddy a lot of the time. Characters going off model, hands drawn really janky. Pretty disappointing.

Haru and Daisuke's easy going relationship came out of nowhere. They were supposed to be really at odds with each other. Suzue's .... fan girling??? personality is completely unrelated to her initial set up.
whitherAug 6, 2020 10:03 PM
Aug 6, 2020 10:56 PM
Mar 2020
Im realy starting to like this series. Its going nowere but its entertaining I like how Daisuke has a childlike wonder with commoner food and actualy starts to show some empathy. Haru as enetertaining as always^^ that bathtub scene tho xD
Aug 6, 2020 11:34 PM
Oct 2017
Daisuke without his unlimited balance for once, and finding new cheaper foods! woah! homemade!

Also, a nice episode in which we get to see more Kanbes. We see the overly worried Suzue and a few more members of the household.

Some interesting events happened this episode.

It's still very entertaining, and I can't wait for more!
Aug 6, 2020 11:37 PM

Apr 2020
Ok...that episode was kinda filler (and really slow) but did show Daisuke when his balance is LIMITED and I think that's pretty charming. I did not expect the dog will die like that and be replaced by a (relative) double, that is dark.

(Satoru and friends from "Erased" are also here this episode)
Aug 7, 2020 12:21 AM
Jul 2019
shivanisinha said:

speaking of suzue, who in their right mind reads a novel, sees a love interest and decides to turn them into a relative? not only is it disrespectful to the novel, but it's hella weird. poor novel suzue.
but then again, they may still not be blood related as in the novel, they often had to pretend to be each other's siblings for undercover missions. it's gonna be a huge let down if they're just relatives.

Thank you, completely agree with you. Never heard of a love interest becoming a relative ... that's just weird. But as they look quite alike I'm not having any doubts it's true. I expected a huge revelation with all these hints on the opening but it's quite the letdown. Anyone who can see, saw their resemblance.
Aug 7, 2020 12:25 AM

Dec 2016
This was so chilling, really enjoyed this Balance:Limited episode

Now Daisuke joins the (Free!) Haru list with his bangs down XD
Also in this episode Haru and Daisuke gave off so much Rin and Haru vibes XD
Aug 7, 2020 12:34 AM
Apr 2020
First of all, Suzue's identity was finally revealed. SUZUE IS A RELATIVE. Y'all can take her. lmao. But, she's still kinda fishy coz she's holding a knife in the OP. Does that mean she will betray Daisuke and her relatives?

This is hilarious as always. Daisuke and Haru's relationship is getting much better and better. Haru is fulfilling his senpai duties to Daisuke perfectly. Daisuke is becoming more human because of Haru's influence.

The entire scene at Haru's apartment is so funny and cute at the same time. Drunk Haru is so loud and dramatic. While, drunk Daisuke is so tamed and cute like a baby, who knows he has a side like that. But, the question is, of all departments, why Daisuke chose to join Haru's department? He didn't tell the reason coz he fell asleep, closed his eyes I mean. lol. We got to see Daisuke's hair down, I guess we'll see his abs next. lmao

This episode proved that Daisuke is not just a millionaire with unlimited balance. He solved a case without using the help of his AI butler, HEUSC. And he's still like a child learning about the world and his character is getting better, thanks to Haru.

Ao_SkyAug 7, 2020 12:42 AM
Aug 7, 2020 12:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Daisuke in poor + drunk mode xD searching for a dog while Daisuke's sister is almost crying... Interesting I guess but not as good as the previous episodes
Aug 7, 2020 1:09 AM
Jul 2019
Bakaichigo said:
Short_Circut said:

Me too. It's obvious they're keeping Suzue's identity for some unknown reason

Don't think there's much to it. She's probably just his relative and the mystery, opening scenes were for the fun of it.
Aug 7, 2020 1:13 AM
Aug 2020
A simple ep without all the action or drama. More like an OVA as someone else mentioned. But it also adds to the atmosphere to the whole thing and I think it fits in properly. Loved it as much as the last 3 episodes. Can't wait for next week.
Aug 7, 2020 2:25 AM

Jul 2020
Thanks for translating !! :D
Katsukkii said:

COST INCURRED THIS EPISODE:

シロの兄弟犬購入費

COST FOR SHIRO’S BROTHER DOG PURCHASE

¥55,000

電車賃 

TRAIN FARE

¥370

納豆

NATTO

¥23

マヨネーズ 

MAYONNAISE
¥71

半熟卵 

SOFT BOILED EGG

¥52

ブラックペッパー (ホール)

WHOLE BLACK PEPPER

¥100

TOTAL
 ¥55,616

------------
Nice episode, good character development between Daisuke and Haru.

So much fun to see Daisuke without his bank account still has a feeling he needs to help in a way he's able to.

He's like a kid unfamiliar with normal daily stuff unlike his Rich background.

Rip Shiro :`/

Overall this episode made me laugh, thank you! O/.
Aug 7, 2020 4:36 AM

Mar 2016
I know this isn't BL, so I wonder why the scenes are made to look like it is. This is just getting my hopes up for no reason. They even had the oversized-boyfriend-shirt scene.
Aug 7, 2020 5:36 AM
Oct 2018
Daisuke’s hair! I repeat, Daisuke’s hair! So cute~~ He looks like he came out of a webtoon.
Aug 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Jul 2009
FuMomo-kun said:
I know this isn't BL, so I wonder why the scenes are made to look like it is.

well, it's a typical fujobait for yaoi fangirls and shippers
Aug 7, 2020 6:15 AM
Apr 2018
Daisuke's sole presence is too much for me.
Aug 7, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2016
Daisuke's hair down was a look. Is it me or does it feel weird when Suzue called her brother Lord? It was written like that in the subtitles so it might be wrong but it's still strange. I would never call my sibling Lord.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

224 by Hikimarun »»
Feb 13, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

71 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.