Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 28, 2019 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful. Tons of action again this episode combined with a good amount of psychology.

Mista and the others has a hard time just surviving. Daily reminder that King Crimson is one of the most dangerous Stands in this entire series.
Jun 28, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Lovecraftian body horror. My favorite. But not really. This episode made my skin crawl.

I was expecting the episode to end with someone getting the arrow.
Jun 28, 2019 9:32 AM
Aug 2018
which chapters are adapted?
Jun 28, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode which basically builds up the tension for the next ones. It seems like the gang will finally confront Diavolo, looking forward to how David Production handles this arc. Like last time, props to the voice actors for a fantastic job, as well as the animators at DP, they're doing great so far. The next episode is titled King of Kings, and there's a great reason for that.

By the way, you might have seen it by now already, but on July 28th, 8 PM JST, the 1-hour final episode of Part 5 will air. It's basically episodes 38 & 39 in one. The next episode, episode 37, which will air on 7/5, will be the final episode to air for a while, as there will be no episodes on 7/12, 7/19 and 7/26. Of course, this means that DP will have more time to make the finale amazing, so the wait will probably be worth it. I really hope that
Either way, it's going to be great.

I know some people are getting sick of my ratings but, this episode gets a 5/5.

Edit: Added explanation for 1-hour episode broadcast.
Mike4992Jun 28, 2019 10:01 AM
Jun 28, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2018
The episode was kinda duwang in quality but it's all forgiven because I know that one hour finale episode is gonna be awesome.
Jun 28, 2019 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
The 'shadow of our souls' thing never made sense to me and wasn't properly foreshadowed in either the manga or anime, so DP and Araki dropped the ball there.
Jun 28, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2018
SixPistols said:
The 'shadow of our souls' thing never made sense to me and wasn't properly foreshadowed in either the manga or anime, so DP and Araki dropped the ball there.
It just works ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Ri22rkJun 28, 2019 10:34 AM
Jun 28, 2019 10:19 AM

Sep 2011
Mike4992 said:

By the way, you might have seen it by now already, but on July 28th, 8 PM JST, the 1-hour final episode of Part 5 will air. It's basically episodes 38 & 39 in one. The next episode, episode 37, which will air on 7/5, will be the final episode to air for a while, as there will be no episodes on 7/12, 7/19 and 7/26. Of course, this means that DP will have more time to make the finale amazing, so the wait will probably be worth it. I really hope that
Either way, it's going to be great..
production likley already wrapped on those last 2 episodes so i dont think its going to make much difference.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 28, 2019 10:52 AM

Oct 2018
Damn the 2nd half was really good
Oh and I guess Doppio's dead, sucks, I liked him. These transforming people as a part of a stand kinda didn't feel like Jojo to me but well we had Grateful Dead and Green Day fights earlier.
Friendly reminder that we will have an episode next week, then a 3 week break then the finale will air as an hour long episode on July 28th
Jun 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2017
Galaxy brain, the episode. Distilled Jojo. So this is where last week's budget went.
Jun 28, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Barring the whole shadow of soul thing about the Requiem which I had totally forgotten it existed, I loved the episode. Jojo's mental battles are always a treat. Kinda weird we are getting the last two episodes on July 28th though.
Jun 28, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
Can't say I'm a big fan of the Requiem plot but this episode was really suspenseful. Even though I think that the body swap takes away a bit of the tension, the fight still manages to keep you invested and at the edge of your seat. Watching King Crimson in action is a real treat. Also RIP Doppio, another best boy that Araki decided to kill :(
Jun 28, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
lol I didn't remember that thing about the shadows back when I read the manga. Fuck and here I thought we'd end on

Also

Mike4992 said:

By the way, you might have seen it by now already, but on July 28th, 8 PM JST, the 1-hour final episode of Part 5 will air. It's basically episodes 38 & 39 in one. The next episode, episode 37, which will air on 7/5, will be the final episode to air for a while, as there will be no episodes on 7/12, 7/19 and 7/26. Of course, this means that DP will have more time to make the finale amazing, so the wait will probably be worth it..

Oh, so that's why its going to be an 1 hour episode... That means we ain't getting JoJo for 3 weeks after Ep 37? damn, that's rough.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 28, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
Every episode as of late has been absurd and intense in the best ways possible. I feel like I could barely catch my breath watching them
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 28, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2016
I was ready to get angry at davidpro because I completely misremembered how the shadow thing works. I for some reason thought their shadows were supposed to be pointing at Chariot and that Dpro forgot to give them shadows to show that.
But no, I remembered horribly wrong, and it was Chariot's shadow that was doing the thing.

Also the fact that Chariot is a physical being made of plastic is pretty spooky. I kinda forgot about it but seeing him get shot made me recall that, literally anyone can see him walking around. If people weren't too busy becoming one with aliens (?) they'd prolly be spooked as fuck by Chariot.
Jun 28, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
This whole final arc is a slideshow fiesta. Even part 4's final arc has more frames to show.
I'll give it a "wtf did the budget go"/5
And @JizzyHitler was completely right with keeping the expectations low after Leone's Death.
NycroJun 28, 2019 11:57 AM
Jun 28, 2019 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
This final battle continues to get more and more......bizarre.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 28, 2019 12:24 PM
Jun 2019
Nycro said:
This whole final arc is a slideshow fiesta. Even part 4's final arc has more frames to show.
And @JizzyHitler was completely right with keeping the expectations low after Leone's Death.
it's kinda weird that you don't like this arc yet you still rate this show a 9
manofhonor1
Jun 28, 2019 12:29 PM
Jan 2019
Jun 28, 2019 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
Nycro said:

I dont think i have ever said anything of the sort

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 28, 2019 12:48 PM
Nov 2009
So Diavolo has the power to inherit other people's bodies. Was this always a power of King Crimson? Was he always inhabiting Doppio using King Crimson? If not, then did Requiem basically give Diavolo another power spike by bestowing him with new powers? Or what
Jun 28, 2019 12:49 PM
Jan 2016
Despite having Giorno once again as the only one who makes the big analysis, I really enjoyed this episode.
Jun 28, 2019 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Nycro said:

I dont think i have ever said anything of the sort

My bad. I mistook you for someone else.

amazing_ape123 said:
Nycro said:
it's kinda weird that you don't like this arc yet you still rate this show a 9

Lol.
NycroJun 28, 2019 5:14 PM
Jun 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Aug 2018
Too much random shit tbh. I completely forgot about this new ability of CR, now I'm starting to remember more and more why this arc is hated in the manga
Also, as usual, all other characters in the background gets affected instantaneously while nothing happens to our heroes
Jun 28, 2019 1:20 PM
Jan 2019
kawaii Doppio died, kinda feel bad about him.
Jun 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Aug 2016
mxhunter said:
So Diavolo has the power to inherit other people's bodies. Was this always a power of King Crimson? Was he always inhabiting Doppio using King Crimson? If not, then did Requiem basically give Diavolo another power spike by bestowing him with new powers? Or what

Its left open to interpretation but I think its done to pretty much confirm that Doppio was the original personality and that Diavolo is the alt personality, because it implies that Diavolo is used to inhabiting the body of others.
Also its not really a new ability, he choked out Spice Girl then puller her, and with her, the user to get himself towards the arrow.
Jun 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Feb 2013
He was inside Mista's body !
I hope Trish won't die.
Jun 28, 2019 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
R.I.P Doppio. He was my favourite character from Vento Aureo, so seeing him dying alone and waiting for the Boss to call him was incredibly depressing :`( Thank you for all the good moments you gave to us, Doppio, you will always be remembered.
Jun 28, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2017
rip my dear doppio.
Jun 28, 2019 2:00 PM
Oct 2017
I wonder something. When I saw Mista's (thrish) transforming hand (to a metal), I thought of Esidisi's death. Could Pillar Men have become like that by the power of the arrow? Maybe that's why they didn't have a stand. Any opinion?
Jun 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
FCD said:
I wonder something. When I saw Mista's (thrish) transforming hand (to a metal), I thought of Esidisi's death. Could Pillar Men have become like that by the power of the arrow? Maybe that's why they didn't have a stand. Any opinion?
they didnt have stands because araki invented stands only on part 3!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 28, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
SixPistols said:
I Didnt understood what the hell he did to kill CR!!! anyone could do that? or only KC?

EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 28, 2019 3:22 PM

Aug 2016
BLaCkGuN69 said:
SixPistols said:
I Didnt understood what the hell he did to kill CR!!! anyone could do that? or only KC?

Yea, anyone could.
KC was looking at the entire situation while Giorno and the others were trying to get the arrow and he simply figured it out first
While the gang was focused on finding KC, Diavolo was focused on figuring out Requiem
Jun 28, 2019 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
I am satisfied. Mostly satisfied. This episode was beautiful. A fine mix of action, mindgames, horror and omnipresent tension.

RIP best Passione's boi, Doppio. :(
Jun 28, 2019 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
Funny how Mista is so talkative and very very active in Trish's body, hmmmm? I just think it's odd that's all.

Diavolo is such a ball of evil genius, that guy won't hesitate to kill his daughter for power. The way he's able to carry out his evil plans without having an individual body is impressive, he's the greatest villain in anime no matter anyone opposes. I'm always impressed by his villainy in every episode, Giorno needs to step up. Thanks to the anime Gods for the Jojo series, AMEN!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Nov 2016
R.I.P. Doppio, we will keep loving you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2012
Noooo Trish, please survive. My heart will break if another hero dies. It's too much :(

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Jun 28, 2019 8:15 PM

Sep 2017
Rest in peace Doppio. Your Stand battle with Risotto will go down in the record books. I'm not too sure why, but Chariot Requiem running is just hilarious to me. Metal fatigue at this crucial moment? Please. Chariot Requiem is such a weird stand. It's an automatic Stand with so many rules and stipulations. Wouldn't a cartridge be easier to reload than a revolver? I'm not really a gun enthusiast, so I wouldn't really know. Calling Polnareff "Mr. Polnareff" is something that can stop happening. What the fuck was growing out of the turtle's neck? What was Araki on when he was writing these chapters, lol? Mista was a lot more untrusting than he usually was in this episode. Between blaming Polnareff and thinking Giorno was the boss, he really doesn't trust anyone. Wanting to stay alive is one thing but beginning to distrust your allies is another. The mole was cute. Not really a point to me saying that, I just felt like doing so. That must have hurt, getting your arm donutted off like that. I never realized having control over the movements of a Stand granted one control over the movements of the body. The way the boss was making Trish run was so weird. How did he manage to make all four limbs move? King Crimson only has two arms, doesn't he? How did the boss even figure out that whole shadow thing? That completely flew over my head. Guess he isn't the boss of an incredibly powerful organization for nothing. Was Trish just faking unconsciousness this entire time?
Jun 28, 2019 9:35 PM
Jun 2019
Fantastic episode. It does feel like they are drawing out the final battle a bit but hopefully that means it was be higher quality. VA's and DP did an awesome job as always. I do wish they had spent a little more time on Doppio's death, because it got hardly any attention considering what a big part of the story he played. All that being said I'm hyped for episode 37!
Jun 28, 2019 9:40 PM
Mar 2019
Never in my life have I been so confused
Jun 28, 2019 11:33 PM

Oct 2012
This just gave a whole meaning to father and daughter are inside each other, thanks Araki xD

3 episodes left, can't wait for the
Requiem
"Signature removed"
Jun 29, 2019 3:08 AM

Jul 2016
I am way too accustomed to JoJo's character designs now. Diavolo's been shown proper for how many episodes now, and I only just noticed he wears purple lipstick. God damn, I love it.

But yeah, cool episode. I also completely forgot about how Requiem was defeated. The only reason I knew it was coming today was that I'd looked it up on the wiki a few days ago.
Jun 29, 2019 4:10 AM

Aug 2015
amazing episode went by so fast.
also, I think Mista should stay in Trish's body for some reason it feels right for him to be her lol
man, we are reaching the end I'm so sad
NameLessMofoJun 29, 2019 4:19 AM
Jun 29, 2019 5:11 AM
Dec 2017
Is Trish dead or dying? Wasn't that her soul leaving her body?
I can't handle losing everyone I care about... Take Mista 😢
Jun 29, 2019 5:16 AM
Dec 2017
lihle808 said:
Funny how Mista is so talkative and very very active in Trish's body, hmmmm? I just think it's odd that's all.

Diavolo is such a ball of evil genius, that guy won't hesitate to kill his daughter for power. The way he's able to carry out his evil plans without having an individual body is impressive, he's the greatest villain in anime no matter anyone opposes. I'm always impressed by his villainy in every episode, Giorno needs to step up. Thanks to the anime Gods for the Jojo series, AMEN!

He's really coming at Dio for killing the most members of a squad... I think Diavolo is eviler than Dio.
Jun 29, 2019 5:37 AM

Jul 2016
SixPistols said:

It made perfect sense to me.
Jun 29, 2019 5:38 AM

Jul 2016
Mr_Tux said:
lihle808 said:

He's really coming at Dio for killing the most members of a squad... I think Diavolo is eviler than Dio.
Mr_Tux said:
lihle808 said:

Dio is king and will forever be king. All other villians are shithouse compared to him. (yes that includes later parts)
Jun 29, 2019 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Vindicater said:

Dio is king and will forever be king. All other villians are shithouse compared to him. (yes that includes later parts)
He sat in a room for an entire series and jobbed after killing a blind guy and a old man that didnt stay dead

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 29, 2019 6:49 AM

Aug 2015
Mike4992 said:

so that means we are getting 2 episodes(38,39) at the same week or just 1-hour episode (38)?
Jun 29, 2019 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
rahamim said:
Mike4992 said:

so that means we are getting 2 episodes(38,39) at the same week or just 1-hour episode (38)?

We're getting both episodes (38-39) in one single 1-hour special on July 28th.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

265 by Doutor_Sopa »»
Jun 1, 5:40 PM

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
May 30, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

abystoma2 - Aug 10, 2018

234 by CAESAR_lover14 »»
May 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.