Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 3, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're back! Fresh from a new year start, we got an energetic atmosphere with the girls returning to school. Really neat to see Kasumi and the others in high spirits.

Music is back too with some of the instruments. I'd felt a lot more like a refreshing episode to get everything back together from the first season at the moment. However, I think it feels like a refreshing start from the previous season. The performance is entertaining.
Jan 3, 2019 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
Happy party! Finally the girls are back.
Kitan~!
Jan 3, 2019 7:30 AM

Dec 2014
This was great.
SHUWA SHUWA! Best way to open the show. xD

I thought Rinko sounded different and then I remembered that her seiyuu changed.
Wait a second Rinko is the student president on one side and Hina is the other? I did not know that, it's gonna be a Boppin year. xDD

The performances were awesome, I'm genuinely surprised Sanzigen did so well. The PV's were great for sure but I guess I wasn't actually expecting too much.

That moment when Ran-chan blushed. <3
I also love it when her and Yukina go head to head, it's always amusing. xD

Anyway, I'm glad that they showed a little of all the girls. :)

Honestly, this was a great. The CG is surprisingly good though I gotta admit that I would've preferred standard 2D animation.
If only Babanbo-sama had blessed us with full 2D animation.
Jan 3, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2017
Wow! It was better than I expected TBH
The effects on the animation is really stellar to me, idk about you.
I'm not used to RinRin's new seiyuu, though :/
All in all, I think this episode was a good beginning for this second season :)
Jan 3, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2018
Man! The quality was awesome! But it may take time getting used to the brand new CGI Animation. Kinda like Hi Score Girl's TBH. But other than that! I loved it!
Jan 3, 2019 8:46 AM

Sep 2015
I can't avoid to compare the bands and girls and think that first season should have been with the Marching band girls, they seems so much more crazy and funnier. I could watch they messing around during hours easily.
Jan 3, 2019 8:48 AM
Sep 2018
It's going to be an interesting 2nd season, and this episode was overflowing with so much energy!
Jan 3, 2019 8:58 AM

May 2017
Does Kasumi's little sister is gonna get on a band too? Coz she bumped into that other girl
Jan 3, 2019 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
Great start, 3d quality looks like the game so that's good.
No Kokoro backflip :'(
Jan 3, 2019 9:02 AM

May 2015
Wow, in this season Roselia is awesome as always, i hope they continues like this.
Jan 3, 2019 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
The CG wasn't awful, but I was a bit surprised when I saw it.

Jan 3, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2015
Such a good first episode! The CG didn't really bother me as they've used it in MVs before.

It's so weird how they've all aged up a year, that rarely happens in franchises like this. Ako is now in high school, Rinko is the student council president for Hanasakigawa and Hina is the student council president for Haneoka (which is kind of crazy, lmao). I quite like Rinko's new seiyuu, Kanon Shizaki. She does sound a bit older than her previous one but it's still nice and soft which is what matters the most for Rinko. It's nice that everyone got a decent amount of screentime in the first episode.

We also got to meet Asahi/Lock of RAISE A SUILEN! I can't wait to meet the rest, although I definitely know Asahi/Lock will be my favourite member.

Can't wait for more episodes and to see what the conflict in this season will be! And hopefully the other groups will get new music too, not just PoPiPa with Kizuna Music and Roselia with BRAVE JEWEL.

♡ artist
サコ
Jan 3, 2019 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
Of all my years watching Anime, this is some good fucking CGI. Well done, SANZIGEN.
Jan 3, 2019 9:50 AM

Oct 2015
I can imagine the beatmaps while the song played lmao. I was expecting new content but I guess this is fine as a kickstarter as well. Nice to see everyone in their classic outfits. I'm hoping they can give equal exposure to the bands which will make me really happy. I forgot Kasumi had a sister lmfao. Still not used to Rinko's new VA. I'm pretty sure her old VA is still the one being used on the EN server so it caught me off guard. Moca isn't as smug! feelsbadman

Highlight of the episode is getting to see yukina animated (in the anime!)
EGOISTJan 3, 2019 9:57 AM
Jan 3, 2019 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
All 3DCG, but I guess it has to be with all of the performances. Can't complain when everyone looks so warm, happy and expressive. The opening is really cute too.
Jan 3, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Man that was great. I fell in love with the CGi. I'm looking forward to the next episode and of course to Brave Jewel as the OP :D
Jan 3, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
Well, this episode showed that they can do performances well, they showed it quite enough times lmao.

I don't play the game and I only know of Bang Dream from S1 outside of what my sister told me about them personality-wise, so I don't know much about the rest of characters except of the PoPiPa girls, the series looked pretty good and the comedy was solid, now it will be a matter of handling well the huge cast to keep this entertaining while developing them, which can prove to be pretty difficult if they are going to give focus to all of them.
Jan 3, 2019 10:23 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not feeling the CGI although it looked pretty good, and some shots almost looked 2d, and im not talking about the very few that were lol
Jan 3, 2019 10:35 AM
May 2017
shiro_kai said:
I can't avoid to compare the bands and girls and think that first season should have been with the Marching band girls, they seems so much more crazy and funnier. I could watch they messing around during hours easily.

Fact: All members of Hello Happy World made a cameo appearance in S1

Not bad I suppose... I have to get used to the 3D CGI & Rinko's new VA
Jan 3, 2019 10:54 AM
Jun 2016
Something off with their eyes, like they don't blink or such...enough, giving me PTSD flashbacks to last seasons himote house for some reason.
Jan 3, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
The CG is fine for me, I like how expressive it is but the fact of how clunky it is gonna take sometime to get used to, along with Rinko's new VA. It took sometime for me to be accostumed to Lisa's new VA through the JP ver of Girls Band Party, I find it surprising that Endou did a more gal voice for Lisa when her new VA voices Yui Ootsuki from Cinderella Girls who is also a gal but as Lisa she really sounds more like a big sis lol. Which is fine for me, I already love how the girls already are friends so coming from Girls Band Party and Pico the anime is gonna have just as fun interactions. Also Oof love how this time Hina takes on the student council role, I feel like poor Tsugu is gonna faint more often due to her boppin' personality. Looking forward to seeing how the plot goes and for more fun interactions between the different girls, I just hope to grow used to the CG and Rinko's new voice like I did with Lisa's.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 3, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Anime-only here. I really liked the first season; the story of the Poppin'Party girls, their interactions and their path to their first concert. Besides, it was my first and only approach to the music genre (until ZLS). So when they announced a second and third season I was very happy even though I was skeptical with the change to full 3D CGI. And it's finally here, but I have to say that I have mixed feelings with this first episode, like I'm glad to see the girls again but:

First, the full 3D CGI. It's not bad at all but there are parts where you definitely notice it more than in others and that makes it a bit jarring, I really would have preferred them to keep the 2D for everything that wasn't concerts.

Second, a lot of bands appeared that I don't remember seeing before and they all know each other and I feel so freaking lost. I remember Roselia (although not much but that's my fault because I didn't realize that almost 2 years had passed since the first season and I should have watched it again) but what happened to the other bands of the first season? where did these new bands come from? Like it's great to have new characters but don't throw me in the middle of the story and make me feel so lost :/

Anyway, I guess I'll try to watch the first 3 episodes and then I'll decide whether to watch it until the end or not, which is a shame because I was really excited about this second season. But what I'm sure of is that Arisa is best girl in 2D or 3D <3
Jan 3, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2015
Zayglon734 said:
shiro_kai said:

They do, but I was thinking about the whole season, I wouild like to know their road or how they become a band, like the girls in the first season. The thing with "Michele" would be really nice to know too;
shiro_kaiJan 3, 2019 11:55 AM
Jan 3, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
shiro_kai said:
Zayglon734 said:

They do, but I was thinking about the whole season, I like to know their road or how they become a band. The thing with "Michele" would be nice to know too;

The type of situation with the new seasons is "play Girls Band Party to know" which I highly recommend cause it's one of the best gacha games only 2nd to Idolmaster Theather Days but tbh the producers expect most of the viewers to be die hard fans or fans who have played Girls Band Party cause without it these two new seasons wouldn't exist knowing that it was because of the mobile game that Bandori was taken out of obscure unpopular status, tbh it was a weird way how they went with Bandori but ultimately I am happy to see that the mobile game made it this popular despite it not doing so hot before that.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 3, 2019 12:07 PM

Feb 2011
The first episode of the second season of BanG Dream. I really enjoy watching it! The girls finally back and some other great band join in too in this season!

- The introduction of all the other bands from the original game.
- I really like new girl Rokka Asahi. I think she is go to form a band with A-chan and some other girls we still must get introduce to in this new season!
- The new Opening is cute and I like the song: Kizuna Music♪ too.

Dislikes:
- Not really fan of new animation style of this season I prefer the old one of the first season. Besides that there not really something I don't like.
Jan 3, 2019 12:34 PM

Dec 2016
Shuwa Shuwa Shuwarin Dreaming, Pastel Life was a lot of fun to watch. So was Girls Band Pico.

Haha love Arisa's reaction to Kasumi.

Yeah not sure what Rinko was thinking becoming the president when she is such a shy and nervous person, at least Sayo is there.

That other school will definitely boppin' with Hina as their president, always found it funny how Sayo & Hina go to different schools even though they are twins.

We got to see all 5 main bands perform in the 1st episode, that is awesome.

Roselia is my favourite band out of them all, love their music and bought their Anfang CD.

BLACK SHOUT is the song they had a quick demo of to end the show for those who didn't know.
Jan 3, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2017
I'll be honest, the CG is off-putting to me because of the low framerate. I really love Season 1, so I've nothing against the show, and for an anime it is really excellent. But it's still not as enjoyable for me as traditional 2D would have been; it's like playing a videogame I love in 28fps, I don't hate the game, it's just not necessarily super enjoyable.

I'll stick with it for a few episodes though; cute girls as always and great music, "Louder" especially was just a sick track. Kaoru looks like she's a bit of a player/chick magnet as well, so there may be something to look forward to in that regard assuming Arisa doesn't get her "dere" on enough with Kasumi to be interesting.
Jan 3, 2019 1:09 PM

Oct 2007
I was so looking forward to this, but the CG completely ruined it for me.
Jan 3, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
I hope that they will use the modern uniforms sometime in this season.
I liked the episode. The CG is fine to me. Rinko new voiceover is cute as hell.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Jan 3, 2019 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Oh. I forgot about studio change. SANZIGEN = instant drop.
3D cancer.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 3, 2019 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
I'm used to the CG due to the previous MVs and the game itself being 3D, and honestly it looks a lot better than season 1 to me. Rinko's voice will take some getting used to, but Non-chan is doing a great job as her! I love seeing all the bands having screen time! Though this might be a little confusing for those that are just watching the anime and doesn't play the game.
Jan 3, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2016
I was worried when i heard that the second season was going to be full 3d cgi but im really impressed. The performances look really awesome
Jan 3, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2012
I was afraid when i saw it will be in CGI, but, it is surprisingly well made, congratulations :)

I rally need to play game trough, i didnt recognize most of bands, since ive only watched anime. Is that Android/IOS game pay to win? Or you can play it without spending too much money?
Jan 3, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2014
SkyLETV said:
Anime-only here. I really liked the first season; the story of the Poppin'Party girls, their interactions and their path to their first concert. Besides, it was my first and only approach to the music genre (until ZLS). So when they announced a second and third season I was very happy even though I was skeptical with the change to full 3D CGI. And it's finally here, but I have to say that I have mixed feelings with this first episode, like I'm glad to see the girls again but:

First, the full 3D CGI. It's not bad at all but there are parts where you definitely notice it more than in others and that makes it a bit jarring, I really would have preferred them to keep the 2D for everything that wasn't concerts.

Second, a lot of bands appeared that I don't remember seeing before and they all know each other and I feel so freaking lost. I remember Roselia (although not much but that's my fault because I didn't realize that almost 2 years had passed since the first season and I should have watched it again) but what happened to the other bands of the first season? where did these new bands come from? Like it's great to have new characters but don't throw me in the middle of the story and make me feel so lost :/

Anyway, I guess I'll try to watch the first 3 episodes and then I'll decide whether to watch it until the end or not, which is a shame because I was really excited about this second season. But what I'm sure of is that Arisa is best girl in 2D or 3D <3

The anime is expected that the viewers already played the game since Season 2 and Season 3 were started because of the massive popularity of the mobile game.

You will really feel lost since the story of Afterglow, Hello Happy World, Pastel*Palletes and Roselia are found in the mobile game, their interactions also on how they know each other.

End Decision : play the game :)
Jan 3, 2019 2:53 PM

May 2014
IT'S HERE!!!

I was a bit worried because it's full CG but IT WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED. You don't know how happy I am seeing the other girls in anime form!!

What a great way to start the episode by playing the most cursed song of all, SHUWA SHUWA. I'm having SHUWA SHUWA PTSD
Rinko's new seiyuu will take some time being used to but overall it's a bit okay for me

Hello Happy World performance made me smile like an idiot as what they want to happen
Roselia's live is cool af as always

Overall : I LOVE THE EPISODE, getting used to 3D CGI was a bit easier since their MVs are full CG

by the way, best band is Pastel*Palettes and best girl is Aya, 2nd best girl is Sayo, thanks.
arvin_1219Jan 3, 2019 3:08 PM
Jan 3, 2019 4:06 PM
Aug 2017
Roselia started with LOUDER and that's amazing
Jan 3, 2019 4:18 PM

Sep 2016
fuck I hate these CG trash. and the songs aren't subbed too. there's no point watching this.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 3, 2019 4:47 PM

May 2011
Sooo, Will they now destroy Galaxy with CG, like they did with Circle in chibi form.

I also want to complain about Full CG, but we didnt have any choice we're not rich enough to cancel their project lel.
But hey... it didnt look that bad, i like all these girls just like in game, so when you really like the franchise, no matter what form they take you'll end up like it anyway (even thou its CG) no matter how bad it is...well thx god its not bad, atleast good CG we got here
Jan 3, 2019 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
i see they went the cgi route..

please please please dont make this a battle of the sisters thing.. i already get reminded of k-on with the younger sister being more mature but dont instantly make her better than kasumi as well
Jan 3, 2019 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
Hm nice to see Bang Dream back when this got announced i was worried about the visual art looking like it was gonna be CG and it ended up being true as we got closer to the airing but in the end after seeing stuff such as land of the lustrous i had a bit more faith in CG anime despite not being the biggest fan of it and at least we got the cygame money backing it so it full on looks like the game/ music videos so there's that.

frankly i would've wish they kept the old look since it looked pretty darn good but i'm gonna watch it since my biggest problem with season one was that i didn't like any of the songs due to the singing but this time around we got the girls from the game like Roselia so music should be lit this time
Jan 3, 2019 7:45 PM
Mar 2017
Poppin'Party is back !!
What a joy to see and hear again Tae and Saaya (my favorites), Kasumi is still full of energy, Rimi is still adorable and Arisa is still grumpy and easy to tease.
The girls are still a great band, although now they are more busy, they are very good in each of their instruments.
Today I saw many girls that I loved their character designs and personalities, the new girl Rokka i loved her, I think we will see her very often, I have that feeling, besides that she is very cute.
Rinko was very adorable, poor thing, being shy and also the president of the student council must be scary.
The presentation of Tae was great, she looked very cool playing the guitar (she is great and beautiful).
Rokka reappears and this time she asks the girls from Poppin'Party to play in a place called Galaxy, I really did not expect that I would see the girls play in the first episode, which was a pleasant surprise, plus I was able to listen to the other bands. I loved the girls from the band Afterglow, Ran is very cool and seems to blush easily. Then it was the turn of the girls from Hello, Happy World! and they were the most adorable thing I've ever seen and heard, Kokoro melted me with her tenderness. Roselia is still a band with very good gothic design, also Minato has an incredible voice. Finally the turn for Poppin'Party and the girls are still very good at the moment of playing their music.
I think my concern for the CG animation was exaggerated, I was really impressed by the quality of this episode, I hope that the quality does not decline, since it would be disappointing to see this anime lose popularity.
Jan 3, 2019 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder how popular the second season will be, given that this year the franchise has become much more popular and recognizable.
Jan 3, 2019 8:34 PM

May 2016
Y'know, it wasn't terrible. Anime only people must be hella confused, and rightfully so, but for mobile players it was 100% pandering. The good kind, kinda?

It was a good episode, but an okay first episode. Nothing really happened. It was a "yep, we're back" thing. I suspect things will pick up next week.
Jan 3, 2019 10:52 PM

Mar 2012
That felt hella fan service to everyone who has played the games, lol. I no question enjoyed it, especially when Roselia performed Louder.

I'm indifferent about the CGI. Doesn't look terrible, but looks somewhat clunky at times. It's nice to actually see the characters' chins move when they speak though!

Wonder how much it'll delve into the other bands this season rather than just going full PoPiPa like the first season.
AceDvazzJan 4, 2019 4:35 PM
Jan 3, 2019 11:13 PM
Jun 2013
Not a big fan of the 3D animation. Hopefully the story is good and hopefully we see plenty of best band Hello, Happy World.
Jan 3, 2019 11:32 PM
Sep 2017
Please don't full 3d animation it's very bad. Please back to 2d animation.
Jan 3, 2019 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
The 3D CGI is perfectly serviceable.

I haven't played the game, and it's cool to see that there are other bands, but I'm just happy to see Arisa, Kasumi and Saaya again. I've missed them. And Roselia and Afterglow seem cool.
Jan 4, 2019 12:16 AM
May 2017
Achaman said:

please please please dont make this a battle of the sisters thing.. i already get reminded of k-on with the younger sister being more mature but dont instantly make her better than kasumi as well

Jan 4, 2019 12:17 AM

Oct 2015
Achaman said:
i see they went the cgi route..

she's not a main character and probably won't even be given that much screen time.
Jan 4, 2019 12:25 AM
Jul 2016
rsc-pl said:
Oh. I forgot about studio change. SANZIGEN = instant drop.
3D cancer.

^the type of person that's too lazy to do researches before watch the anime, how can you watch the episode when you already hate 3D ? lmao

btw, that's a great first episode, the girls are cute. i already know the 3DCGI from the MVs in game, so i already get used to it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

52 by Strahan »»
Apr 4, 1:09 PM

» Why Rosalia band members are famous

bezardo - Dec 8, 2023

7 by ichihito »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

42 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

20 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2019

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.