Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2017 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ino's family is quite something...especially the kid.

Inojin is an okay character. I'm actually glad he's getting more screen time since he felt like he wasn't around much. Episode felt "fillerish" but it's kinda nice to see him in action. Oh and Himawari is so cute in this show :p
Nov 15, 2017 3:44 AM

Jul 2016
Graduate allready...
Nov 15, 2017 4:44 AM

Sep 2015
When they will reach story beyond the movie?
Into the Internet!
Nov 15, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
I think Inojin would be awesome if he mastered both of his parents special skill.
Nov 15, 2017 5:28 AM

Apr 2014
Man I love episodes like these. Wish we had gotten something like this more instead of the Kagura crap in the previous arc.
Nov 15, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2012
Such a nice episode with Himawari-sensei....Wish all the kids possesses a fraction of both their parents powers as well.
Nov 15, 2017 5:45 AM

Jan 2017
im kinda bored, did the manga (is there a manga?) start off like this... i feel sorry for the readers if it did.
it seems like a shoujo
Nov 15, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Such a nice episode with Himawari-sensei....Wish all the kids possesses a fraction of both their parents powers as well.

they probably do but they arent thinking of it at the moment
Nov 15, 2017 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I kinda hope Inojin still works on his Mind Transfer but other than that, this episode was a lot of fun and I really liked how they incorporated Himawari in it

The highlight for me was definitely seeing how proud Boruto was of his terrible drawing of Cho Cho though (Followed by that burn from Inojin) LMFAO
Nov 15, 2017 6:39 AM

Jun 2014
Inojin gets more screen time this episode and he seems to be struggling with the Super Beast Scroll. Thankfully he had Himawari to help him out and overcome this. I also liked how Inojin briefly used the Mind Transfer Jutsu, most of the new generation seems to only take after one of their parents, so it was cool to see a glimpse of him using the techniques of both of his parents. Another thing that was nice to see was the interaction between the Yamanaka family, we surprisingly don't see the kids interact with their parents a lot so that was refreshing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 15, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2013
Inojin forgot that he can't draw without his heart, cool.
Nov 15, 2017 7:43 AM
Aug 2017
Loved this episode. Reminded me of why Sai started drawing.
Nov 15, 2017 8:09 AM

Mar 2016
What a cute episode :) , especially Himawari-sensei !!!! Though... I am ready for these children to graduate ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
This was a great episode focusing on Inojin. He was struggling with the Super Beast Scroll. It was nice to see Himawari helping him out. She was a great teacher. It was pretty cool to see him use Mind Transfer Jutsu, but he couldn't infuse chakra properly. He figured out he needs to put emotion in his drawings.
Nov 15, 2017 8:17 AM

May 2016
Lol, those kids aren't going to graduate overnight. Next episode seems like the beginning of their training for the exam.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 15, 2017 8:35 AM
Sep 2012
So Inojin and Hinamori, is that direction we are going with. I guess I can get behind it, though I know we are long way from a big time skip.

Hinamori is for sure a future hokage candidate. Sarada might get their first, but after that, who knows. She does have great power prudential.
Nov 15, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Inojin with the lack of interest and emotion in art, himawari makes him realize he loves it.
Nov 15, 2017 9:40 AM

May 2014
Man I sure like how the art is at least consistent to the designs and we're already past 30 episodes, Pierrot better than Toei confirmed.

This episode was so cute and cool all around! Loved the focus on Inojin and it's always nice to parents interactions, especially ones we haven't seen much as parents like Sai and Ino.

Sai being an art teacher is a fantastic idea though!
And Himawara being incoperated was awesome, and Denki sure came a long way, he can look like a proper ninja now xD (After that training with Iwabe I bet)

Next episode seems interesting too, seeing Sumerie there with the gang is nice too, though I wish she'd show her serious personality from time to time.

Nov 15, 2017 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Abyhape said:
I think Inojin would be awesome if he mastered both of his parents special skill.

Imagine summoning a beast that can do the mind control jutsu, so he can keep fighting.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Nov 15, 2017 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
The OG cast scenes are the only reasons I'm still watching this. Its good to see how much Naruto & co. have grown, wish this was about them and not their annoying ass kids
Nov 15, 2017 12:11 PM
Dec 2012
Aardwolf94 said:
The OG cast scenes are the only reasons I'm still watching this. Its good to see how much Naruto & co. have grown, wish this was about them and not their annoying ass kids
How does it feel to know that they're all basically irrelevant even in the future? Lol
Nov 15, 2017 12:23 PM

Oct 2015
Well, I'm sure there were people who were thinking about what would happen if Ino tried copying the drawings using a printer. So this would happen. Quite obvious. It was a nice episode imo, even if it was a filler.

The graduation was mentioned once in the episode, and once in the next episode's preview. So I hope these ninja kiddos will finally graduate in like 2-3 episodes. I really want them to progress in "ranks", instead of them just getting very strong as pupils.
Nov 15, 2017 12:44 PM
Mar 2015
Boruto fillers > naruto fillers, i didn't enjoy this episode that much but i guess it was ok, i didn't hate it either.
Nov 15, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't like the episode. His passion for drawing being the key for this might as well be on the same level of nakama power bullshitery and rather funny since this episode more or less has the same deeper meaning vibes as the Boruto movie.

Though in the end, it's not like he can't keep copies of his drawings, he just needs to be more passionate about his drawings in general.
Nov 15, 2017 2:03 PM
Feb 2017
This episode proves that I need way more himawari in my life. She is just wayyyy tooooo perfect!!!!
Nov 15, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2012
I don't really fucks with Inojin, he's one of my least favs of them kids but I guess the episode was not that bad after all with Sai teaching him a lesson and Hima being in it as well.

Looking forward to the next one.
Nov 15, 2017 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
A river of Chou-Chou and a dash of Himawari, what an exquisite and subtle cocktail. Cheers to you gentlemen.
Nov 15, 2017 5:36 PM

Dec 2015
Nice to see an episode focus on Inojin. It wasn't a bad episode. I really like the drawing at the end of the episode with his family ^^
Now I want an episode focus on Shikadai please xD

set by taiyaki

Nov 15, 2017 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
Sai best husband and dad so far not that he has much competition. This was the strongest slice of life ep i wanna see more about the supporting cast.
Nov 15, 2017 6:57 PM

May 2017
tambi33 said:
im kinda bored, did the manga (is there a manga?) start off like this... i feel sorry for the readers if it did.
it seems like a shoujo

It's all filler since episode 1 except ofc Shin arc which was adapted from Naruto Gaiden

Idk but this could take 50 more filler episodes before it even follow the first chapter of Boruto coz it's like still only has 15-18 chapters but unlike Naruto's 20 pages per chapter, Boruto has 50-45 pages per chapters.

I maybe overestimating it a bit, 50 might be too much, so maybe 20-25 episodes before it's canon Boruto
LairucremNov 15, 2017 7:03 PM
Nov 15, 2017 8:10 PM

Dec 2014
Himawari sensei was the best part of the episode.
Nov 15, 2017 8:46 PM

Aug 2016
I'm getting sick of these filler episodes, just show them as graduate and get them going
Nov 15, 2017 11:44 PM
Nov 2017
When the hell are these fillers going to end???
And it seems like You need feelings to do Super Beast Scroll.
Let me remind you all Sai is From the FOUNDATION!!! ,where he was trained to not hove any feelings. SO how on earth did Sai master that Jutsu??? Even if he did why would the foundation allow him to do a Jutsu that needs Feelings???????
Nov 16, 2017 1:08 AM
Jun 2016
TsundeReaper said:
tambi33 said:
it seems like a shoujo

It's all filler since episode 1 except ofc Shin arc which was adapted from Naruto Gaiden

Idk but this could take 50 more filler episodes before it even follow the first chapter of Boruto coz it's like still only has 15-18 chapters but unlike Naruto's 20 pages per chapter, Boruto has 50-45 pages per chapters.

The Boruto anime has never been filler. It's all canon starting from episode 1. Kishimoto is also supervising the anime. Plus the Boruto manga made a point in mentioning that his class took a field trip in the hidden mist village.
Nov 16, 2017 2:22 AM

May 2017
Moonlitcritter said:
TsundeReaper said:

The Boruto anime has never been filler. It's all canon starting from episode 1. Kishimoto is also supervising the anime. Plus the Boruto manga made a point in mentioning that his class took a field trip in the hidden mist village.

Yeah my bad, it's canon but it's a filler

I read Boruto bro, so I know it's all fillers from the start except Shin arc
Nov 16, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, it's been awhile since I've enjoyed a Boruto episode. But this was good
Nov 16, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2017
@TsundeReaper
@Moonlitcritter

im crying... too many episodes, they need to get it over with
Nov 16, 2017 5:33 AM
Apr 2016
This week episodes, i really like it
Nov 16, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
TsundeReaper said:
Moonlitcritter said:

Slice of life episodes aren't filler. Stop confusing those two all the time. Filler means something which isn't written or supervised by the author and has no relevance to the plot or don't significantly alter the relations between the characters. This episode changed the relationship between Inojin and Himawari so you can't call it a filler. It also developed Inojin's character a bit.

Not to mention the entire Boruto anime is supervised by Kishimoto. Ukyo Kodachi (the writer for the Boruto manga) praised Kishimoto for his work on episode 8 and 9 a few months ago in a tweet which means it's all canon.

https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/869703287884308480

Boruto has been written with Kishimoto-san meticulously (truly meticulously) checking over it. Episodes 8/9 were originally one episode, but Kishimoto was saying things like, "let's expand here because this is interesting," "more of that," and, "let's give it a theme like this." As a result of the excitement between myself and Kishimoto-san, I wound up working very hard on Miwa's screenplay.

tambi33 said:
@TsundeReaper
@Moonlitcritter

You can always put the anime on hold and then binge watch it like I did with Sarada's terrible arc. It's much easier that way instead of forcing yourself to watch it weekly.
Z4KNov 16, 2017 6:53 AM
Nov 16, 2017 7:35 AM

May 2017
Z4k said:
TsundeReaper said:

Slice of life episodes aren't filler. Stop confusing those two all the time. Filler means something which isn't written or supervised by the author and has no relevance to the plot or don't significantly alter the relations between the characters. This episode changed the relationship between Inojin and Himawari so you can't call it a filler. It also developed Inojin's character a bit.

Not to mention the entire Boruto anime is supervised by Kishimoto. Ukyo Kodachi (the writer for the Boruto manga) praised Kishimoto for his work on episode 8 and 9 a few months ago in a tweet which means it's all canon.

https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/869703287884308480

Boruto has been written with Kishimoto-san meticulously (truly meticulously) checking over it. Episodes 8/9 were originally one episode, but Kishimoto was saying things like, "let's expand here because this is interesting," "more of that," and, "let's give it a theme like this." As a result of the excitement between myself and Kishimoto-san, I wound up working very hard on Miwa's screenplay.

tambi33 said:
@TsundeReaper
@Moonlitcritter

You can always put the anime on hold and then binge watch it like I did with Sarada's terrible arc. It's much easier that way instead of forcing yourself to watch it weekly.

What you explained is Boruto anime being canon, which it is

what I am trying to explain was "Boruto" the anime hasn't adapted a single chapter of "Boruto" manga

SoL fillers lol I think you're the one confusing things and even inventing such "SoL fillers" what even is that, that's a first I've heard of that. I bet you don't even read the manga

Boruto anime is an adaptation of Boruto manga and it hasn't adapted a single chapters of Boruto manga. Shin arc is adapted from Naruto Gaiden. Which makes all of the episodes so far, fillers (except Shin arc)
Nov 16, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
TsundeReaper said:
what I am trying to explain was "Boruto" the anime hasn't adapted a single chapter of "Boruto" manga

Because the anime IS the main canon material and will do it's own thing. You should forget about the manga because it's not following any source material like DBS.
SoL fillers lol I think you're the one confusing things and even inventing such "SoL fillers" what even is that, that's a first I've heard of that. I bet you don't even read the manga

I never said anything about "SoL Fillers" dude. Is your english comprehension ok? I said people shouldn't confuse Slice of Life episodes like this one with fillers which have a completely different meaning because that's what most of the people like you do here. They're not the same thing.
Boruto anime is an adaptation of Boruto manga and it hasn't adapted a single chapters of Boruto manga. Shin arc is adapted from Naruto Gaiden. Which makes all of the episodes so far, fillers (except Shin arc)

Are you retarded or what? I just explained why the episodes so far aren't filler and that your definition of filler is incorrect. You seem like a genuine troll here.
Nov 16, 2017 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
Really love these slice of life episodes.
Nov 16, 2017 9:15 AM

May 2017
Z4k said:
TsundeReaper said:

Because the anime IS the main canon material and will do it's own thing. You should forget about the manga because it's not following any source material like DBS.

I never said anything about "SoL Fillers" dude. Is your english comprehension ok? I said people shouldn't confuse Slice of Life episodes like this one with fillers which have a completely different meaning because that's what most of the people like you do here. They're not the same thing.

Are you retarded or what? I just explained why the episodes so far aren't filler and that your definition of filler is incorrect. You seem like a genuine troll here.

Kek so sorry, I used wrong terms, my bad

Still confused as to why this even have the same title if it isn't an adaptation of the manga
Nov 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
Kinda want them to graduate already,but it was a good ep.
Nov 17, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2008
LOL at the parents of Inojin, Ino getting excited when Sai flirts with her? damn? do they not even flirt at all!?!? they looked like parents who are so inexperienced when it comes to flirting! lolz!
3/5.

blfan said:
So Inojin and Hinamori, is that direction we are going with. I guess I can get behind it, though I know we are long way from a big time skip.

Hinamori is for sure a future hokage candidate. Sarada might get their first, but after that, who knows. She does have great power prudential.

oh man! please do some spell checks effort next time...

Nov 17, 2017 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
I didn’t care too much for Inojin’s drama but Himawari was adorable in this episode.
Nov 17, 2017 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
When will the fillers end??? It's been only 33 episodes and a lot have been fillers..

Why is the creator so money hungry...
Nov 17, 2017 11:47 AM
Jan 2011
Sasora said:
When will the fillers end??? It's been only 33 episodes and a lot have been fillers..

Why is the creator so money hungry...

Filler? This is quite an amazing episode. They have a theme and they use the cast well. I honestly didn't know what was the problem with Inojin's jutsu until they reveal that it was his lack of love.
Nov 17, 2017 2:28 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a mobile photocopier eh. But as expected shortcuts in learning will get you nowhere and will not be as effective as actual practice. To be good at drawing you need both motivation and inspiration neither of which Inojin seems to have at the moment. Chocho looks like she's having fun being the model. It seems that Inojin isn't taking training seriously for either his parents jutsu though. Hmm for Himawari to be brought in to act as a teacher interesting move. Bit its nice seeing her get more of a role. Nice that in the end Inojin is able to see that strong feelings and wishes is whats needed. An interesting episode that unexpectedly put Hima, Ino and Sai into the spotlight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 3:24 AM

Jan 2013
I love Yamanaka family so much. I'd love to see a spin-off about them.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

48 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 5, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

30 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 4, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Power comparison

Igris_knight - Jun 3

5 by ezequielatlus »»
Jun 3, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 181 Discussion

Eoussama - Jan 10, 2021

49 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 3, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.