Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2020 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, it's Ibiki. His head of course is still scarred.

And of course, he has to deal with a freak. Ibiki is probably one of the most underrated characters in this franchise though so at least he's getting some spotlight.
Jan 12, 2020 1:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was hoping we would enter the canon land again after those great time-traveling episodes, I guess not.
Jan 12, 2020 2:30 AM

Jun 2019
I'm happy to see Ibiki back in action again after such a long time. The episode was okayish.. definitely getting some spotlight for these new characters.

....LONELINESS TRIGGERS ME....
Jan 12, 2020 2:41 AM

Oct 2019
Is this finally canon or not yet?
Jan 12, 2020 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
An episode about a team we haven't seen before, of which only Enko seems to have a special trait that makes her unique
Nice to see Ibiki again, this time in a different role instead of interogator or examiner

Jan 12, 2020 3:50 AM

Jan 2008
I had forgotten this team had even existed. Sadly however, it's a forgettable team along side a boring episode. Unless they somehow force them into the next arc or whatever they decide to do, this is probably the most irrelevant episode of the series so far.
Jan 12, 2020 5:23 AM

Apr 2013

It was an okay meh episode.
UiaiJan 12, 2020 5:27 AM
Jan 12, 2020 5:47 AM

Oct 2008
So jounin Mr. Interrogator/Torture is still here and alive huh...
it was a mediocre filler.
new ED was nice!
3/5.

Jan 12, 2020 7:27 AM

Dec 2018
Surprisingly they put quite an effort on that last battle scene.

Even Ibiki could be downgraded by this show.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 12, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2016
Famegher said:
Is this finally canon or not yet?

Yes and No. In anime Yes but in manga I highly doubt we will see them, maybe in a few chapters or pages when manga will catch up with flashbacks from first chapter or maybe not like Sumire is canon in manga.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 13, 2020 1:24 AM
Aug 2018
As I suggested Boruto the series is appropriate for 6+ children, this ep comes up with the idea of fear, loneliness, and to overcome them
Unfortunately, the directions of the show is the problem. How they introduce the problem and how they resolute it is not so brilliant. How comes they really realized how to understand their friend from a random run-away cat sounds ....stupid. The torture teacher is also wasted becoming useless. His first appearance in Naruto pushed so much tension and stress in the exam, but looking at him now, so bland and generically edgy. That’s why I mentioned the problem about the direction of the show.

Another episode that nothing happened.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Jan 13, 2020 4:03 AM

May 2014
Looks like the responses on this ep. has almost equal share of love and angry. That's really funny. Indicate the quality of the anime. Boruto saved Anime, after all! xD

Anyways, anyone else who noticed that the VA of Ibiki has changed. It has become a lot darker than before. Looks like the old one is still alive and kicking, but sounds like they changed him. Anyways, I feel like they nerfed Ibiki in this ep. Firstly, he could set a trap for those other team members so they wouldn't follow him. From Shippuden we know he is a master of traps. But no let them follow right into danger. Secondly, he has more techniques for stopping people going rampage beside tranquilizers and taijutsu. He could put the girl in a cage to stop the rampaging.

It's true that by letting her friends come along they stopped her rampaging and made her not feel lonely. On another side, that's a very risky move which could kill the other two members. In a dangerous mission a jounin leader wouldn't allow that. Then again, this is Boruto. I actually didn't expect the jounin to not be nerfed or make some stupid decision.

We also got a new ending. The OST was a bit strange. Hard to get used to both the animation and song. I am happy with the changes in the opening. Makes more sense that Naruto is big and Jiraiya is excluded. All in all, a ep. below decency, 2/5.
Jan 13, 2020 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
well, anyone would be scared of those arms lol but good thing they got together again

for some reason, i actually thought this was the emo girl from team 25 ... guess not :v

next episode... we all know... NOTHING can stop Cho-Cho from getting her potatos LOLOL
winddevil1Jan 13, 2020 4:01 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 13, 2020 6:26 PM
Oct 2018
It was cool seeing Ibiki again! Thought Enko was pretty cool and im sure she could become an asset to the leaf with that power of hers, provided she can maintain control over it (which will depend on her not getting too lonely i guess). I hope to see more of her in the future. Not exactly a memorable episode, but entertaining enough.
Jan 13, 2020 6:26 PM
Oct 2018
It was cool seeing Ibiki again! Thought Enko was pretty cool and im sure she could become an asset to the leaf with that power of hers, provided she can maintain control over it (which will depend on her not getting too lonely i guess). I hope to see more of her in the future. Not exactly a memorable episode, but entertaining enough.
Jan 14, 2020 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
New opening... sort of. Neat!

Kinda feel like this series might've already done the "uncontrollable rage possession" thing before. Not sure.
Jan 14, 2020 5:48 AM

Feb 2012
What a waste of time. Who fucking cares about these characters? It's a cool concept the whole possession summoning idea, but feels totally hamfisted. I thought for sure that this series was finally on its way up.

Disappointing that it looks like we're going to have more of the same. Really, really disappointing. I wish they'd just get serious.

Seriously, do you guys remember when characters had interesting deep backstory? Like Neji had this whole great backstory behind his history and clan. For this new girl, we just get "yeah she got handed down a secret technique" and that's it. How can we care about a character like that?
Jan 14, 2020 4:56 PM

May 2018
This show needs more Ibiki.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
Zei33 said:
Seriously, do you guys remember when characters had interesting deep backstory? Like Neji had this whole great backstory behind his history and clan. For this new girl, we just get "yeah she got handed down a secret technique" and that's it. How can we care about a character like that?

I don't really think that's a fair comparison, since the old series also had its fair share of forgettable filler episodes.
Jan 15, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2017
We finally get to see Ibiki again and ofc he is nerfed too, whatever.
Jan 15, 2020 3:14 PM

Oct 2016
After the forehead cover worn as a pendant, I guess we can all go home... I guess I'll be skipping until we get to a semi-decent arc. Before anyone starts blabbering about fillers in Naruto, I haven't watched them. To me, watching fillers is a waste of time. So I'll never do regardless of how much I like one show.
TrueDragonPrinceJan 15, 2020 3:19 PM
Jan 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Such a weak episode honestly. We didn't even see anything about this whole "Enko's friends abandoning her" story. Lmao where was that? All we saw was that they didn't want to leave her alone, so like where was the big "they're afraid of her and that's why she can't control her power" thing? Lazy story writing. But whatever I couldn't care less about these no-name characters and their rushed episodes. Next week we will finally see some Yamanaka family content.
Jan 19, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2016
I definetly liked the characters, and Enko is definetly more interesting than some characters from the actual main teams, (the same with the team 25) the episode is kinda meh. But I do hope to see them in the future in the canon manga or smt.
Jan 30, 2020 7:49 PM

Feb 2013
This was actually a good one, it was nice to see Ibiki again.
Oct 28, 2021 7:08 AM
May 2021
Of course the next Jounin is getting nerved but in a nutshell it was an alright ep

Hopefully the filler part will not be THAT long. I'm probably going to skip some of the fillers again...
Feb 24, 2023 4:42 PM
Sep 2021
Chunin exames guy is now team 40's captain well... nice I guess?
Apr 16, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2017
Idk could be better. Seems like Ibiki was nerfed just like all the other naruto characters. But still, the message was nice. Ways to overcome fear "tips" was a good reminder.
Aug 14, 2023 9:26 PM
May 2023
Review en Español and English

Buen episodio de relleno pero se me hizo muy rapido el desarrollo de los PJs y me gusto que trajeran ibiki como lider de este grupo.
Me gusta el detalle de que el opering vaya cambiando y el ending nuevo esta lindo.

Good filler episode but the development of the PJs was very fast for me and I liked that they brought ibiki as the leader of this group.
I like the detail that the operating changes and the new ending is beautiful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.