Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2019 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watching Boruto fighting the enemy this episode was painful. The kid is clearly outclassed until Sasuke stepped in.

Pretty explosive battle this episode. Jiraya working with Sasuke again is kinda strange to watch imo. It also looks like Boruto and Naruto were able to synch a powerful Wind Release: Rasengan together.
Dec 8, 2019 1:53 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah, pretty decent arc. I enjoyed it and the final fight was a nice payoff. I'm glad the other genin didn't turn up because it would've seemed a lot lamer if they were the ones to tip the scales.

I hope that the studio decides to rework the music after this arc because clearly, good music is what the series has been lacking. Everything just felt more emotional and interesting.

It would be nice if this was the turning point for the show. But I'm not getting my hopes up because it will probably go back to more of the same.
Dec 8, 2019 2:04 AM

Jul 2015
The animation for this episode was nice to see
That starting scene was pretty creepy, but seeing that bird-like form was a bit disappointing in my opinion
Not gonna lie, that rasengan at the end gave me goosebumps, also nice to see sasuke using some of his old techniques

Dec 8, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2016
Oh dang, when the animation gets good, that's when you know things are serious.

I feel like this would be the perfect time fore Jiraiya to whip out Sage mode. Oh well.

Finish it with a Father-Son Kamehameha lol
Dec 8, 2019 4:32 AM

Oct 2015
This was simply the best arc in the series, they didn't try to force it by dragging the shit for too long. The animation was also mind blowing, kinda made my sticking around for so long in the series worthwhile.

Let's hope Urashiki is done for, I'm tired of Kaguya's lineage. We need another villain who's going to carry this series through and through.

I enjoyed this arc though, and hope the goodbyes in the next episode will be emotional a little.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 8, 2019 4:41 AM
Nov 2019
wow so Sasuke is just another dude now i guess and Jaraiya gets downgraded from badass sannin to a kinda powered up idiot.. Am I the only one pissed off that Jaraiya didn't question why Urashiki had the Rinnegan throughout this whole arc? I have so many issues with this show, I mean this was def one of the best arcs of the series, but man is this show garbage compared to what Naruto was.
Dec 8, 2019 5:02 AM

May 2019
It was a good end to the best arc by far, lots of references, like the naruto rage mode when Jiraiya gets hit, almost like Naruto Vs Pain, and the rasengan blast at the end haha.

Dec 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Aug 2015
This was the second most ambitious fight in Boruto after the Naruto & Sasuke vs Momoshiki one, the rasengan soundtrack is always so touching, Urashiki's transformation looks really good and the finale was legendary with the Kirin.
ElfezenDec 8, 2019 5:25 AM
Dec 8, 2019 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
wow! that's the Ultimate Rasengan that Naruto & Boruto pulled-off...the one that Sage Mode Jiraya used in his fight against Pain!
hmmmm i feel like that was anti-climatic cuz Urashiki won't he defeated like that, no matter how strong a elemental jutsu just like Rasengan which is a Wind type element, Rinnegan eyes would just be able to absorb it just like one of the paths of pain.....this is really an asspull win...
5/5.

Dec 8, 2019 7:20 AM

Dec 2018
So much cheesy line this episode.

Jiraiya: "My rasengan is a cut above the rest. That should've done the trick." lol.

When I noticed that Urashiki played around too much, I was sure he is going to lose.

The only good thing from this episode is the animation.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2018
The Episode was Shit.......
Dec 8, 2019 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
so they did a father-son Rasengan......AGAIN! lol
Dec 8, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
I found it odd that throughout this whole arc, Jiraiya never mentioned the Rinnegan when encountering Urashiki... you'd think he would recognize it due to his whole backstory with Nagato. Good job ignoring all of that.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Dec 8, 2019 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
Had high hopes for this arc, but very disappointing. Urashiki is weak asf and sasuke was nerfed too much, if he needed chakra could of absorbed some from Naruto. Urashiki final form design was dead and the way he died was too similar to momoshiki. Seems like we're not gonna see any sasuke and Itachi interaction.
Dec 8, 2019 9:32 AM

Jun 2019
oh... how I love this episode and the nostalgia at the end when the old theme played was so good. I really liked this episode. This whole arc was amazing so far, watching my boy Naruto once again as a kid.
Dec 8, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 2018
GooneyTunez said:
wow so Sasuke is just another dude now i guess and Jaraiya gets downgraded from badass sannin to a kinda powered up idiot.. Am I the only one pissed off that Jaraiya didn't question why Urashiki had the Rinnegan throughout this whole arc? I have so many issues with this show, I mean this was def one of the best arcs of the series, but man is this show garbage compared to what Naruto was.
very true, especially since he taught someone with it and he didn't question sasuke ameterasu
Dec 8, 2019 9:52 AM

Jul 2016
Fine end of the arc. This episode was way better animated than the others.
Dec 8, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2010
Although I hated how weak they made Sasuke look, the animation was pretty awesome

the interaction between Sasuke and young Sakura was quite sweet...wonder bout her confrontation the next episode
Dec 8, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2017
This episode had good animation after a while and the fight was pretty good too. Urashiki was finally defeated and looks like next episode will be the last of this arc. It was fun watching young Naruto and Jiraiya again.
Dec 8, 2019 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
Kennazone said:
GooneyTunez said:
very true, especially since he taught someone with it and he didn't question sasuke ameterasu

The only reason I didn't mention that is I think he knew it was Sasuke after saying something to him about it an earlier episode, still bs though. They could have made this arc so much better, i'm disappointed with how they did this shit.
Dec 8, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
ngl, I didn't like Boruto to begin with, but saw time travel stuff and started watching this arc... it's like the writers knew that most old fans dislike Boruto and had to just give us old Naruto content with the original OST. I don't mind the fight sequences (they were well animated) but the general nerfing and boosting of people's power to fit the narrative was pretty lame... also I was hoping for social ramifications. C'mon, don't give me time travel shenanigans without the fallout. I'm probably gonna stop watching this after the closure ep for this arc.
Dec 8, 2019 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
I know there's probably 20 more important questions I should be asking but why in the hell wouldn't Jiraya attempt to go into Sage mode with those 2 frogs when he's up against an enemy that's this powerful???
But whether Urashiki is really dead or not it looks like this arc has run its course. I hope we at least get to see Hinata one more time before they go back to the future. Overall I'd still say this is one of the better Boruto filler arcs. With any luck we'll get another one with Sumire soon.
Dec 8, 2019 2:56 PM
Mar 2014
Finally a good fighting episode after sooooooo many fillers.
It's been a while in Naruto / Boruto since they had such a great fight scene.
Dec 8, 2019 3:11 PM
Jan 2016
Finaly Urashiki was defeated, i hope!

It was a good fight, they managed to defeat him with father-son rasengan, once again!

The nerf on Sauke and Jiraya is kinda sad, but it was still good!

Sasuke and Sakura's moment was weet, i am curious for her confrontation in next episode!

Was really nostalgic that victory old theme, i loved it!

I wonder if something will be changed when they return to present!
Dec 8, 2019 6:03 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh what i can say one of my favorite arcs of boruto is nearing its end. Love that rasengan by naruto and boruto. That powerful attack can reallt defeat some boss levels. Yeah...

And finally urashiki is now dead
Dec 8, 2019 7:15 PM
May 2018
The episodes were decent,I know that the protagonist is boruto but there were so many wrongs in the character of past Naruto, in the actual series he was noisy ,hard working and during battles multi shadow clone that was this bread and butter but here in the past Naruto we see more well mannered Naruto with no battle instinct,I know I am bitching but this is just my take as a person who loves the Naruto series
Dec 8, 2019 7:43 PM

Apr 2015
Nice episode overall but man I'm really disliking the whole nerfing part.

Otsutski clan used to be so strong... And nowadays they get shit on even after powering up with some insane moves... Shippuden was decent thanks to its strong villians imo but this series... shitfest honestly

Dec 8, 2019 8:26 PM
May 2016
It was a Goku Gohan vs cell reference
Dec 8, 2019 9:38 PM

Jan 2018
Welp, that's the end of the best arc of the series.
Dec 9, 2019 2:23 AM

Mar 2018
They had a chance to redeem the show with such a good concept but.....as always they fucked it up.
Dec 9, 2019 8:40 AM
Nov 2017
An overall inconsistent arch; More plot holes than usual. However this episode had much better animation, great choreography and decent pacing.
Dec 9, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
i like the idea of this arc with the timeskip back to good old Naruto, but the villain ruined it. He was so dump und boring, i really hope boruto will also have some great villains like Pain or some Akatsuki members in the future.

I also have big problems with the power balance, sasuke is way too weak
Boruto sometimes looks very strong and other days weak af.
Dec 9, 2019 2:10 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have mixed up feelings about this episode. It was almost a trend to have an over the top budget when the final fight that features an Otsutsuki is animated, this one had a few hights here and there, but it was way too stiff at some points, way too plastic-ky if that makes any sense. But what I'm mad about the most is how little sense those subtle things make. How can you grow an eye by eating another, and also recover the one you just ate? Why did it take a weakened Sasuke, a not so serious Jiraya, a kid Naruto and Boruto to defeat a freaking immortal God figure in the world of ninja, is probably a matter of minutes of over a couple of hours? I wish the story took itself way more seriously.
Dec 9, 2019 4:53 PM

Dec 2017
vegeta8639 said:
I know there's probably 20 more important questions I should be asking but why in the hell wouldn't Jiraya attempt to go into Sage mode with those 2 frogs when he's up against an enemy that's this powerful???
But whether Urashiki is really dead or not it looks like this arc has run its course. I hope we at least get to see Hinata one more time before they go back to the future. Overall I'd still say this is one of the better Boruto filler arcs. With any luck we'll get another one with Sumire soon.
What do you mean by "powerful"? It's annoying enough that they made Sasuke use Kirin on a fodder opponent, many fans wouldn't accept it if they made Jiraiya go sage mode as well. They also handled Naruto's one tailed shroud very poorly, which is laughable considering how curse mark transformed Sasuke dealt with it.

Soli_M said:
Otsutski clan used to be so strong... And nowadays they get shit on even after powering up with some insane moves... Shippuden was decent thanks to its strong villians imo but this series... shitfest honestly
Kaguya was that strong because she merged with the Divine Tree, making her the strongest of her clan; Momoshiki never even came close.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 9, 2019 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
electromagneto said:
vegeta8639 said:
What do you mean by "powerful"? It's annoying enough that they made Sasuke use Kirin on a fodder opponent, many fans wouldn't accept it if they made Jiraiya go sage mode as well. They also handled Naruto's one tailed shroud very poorly, which is laughable considering how curse mark transformed Sasuke dealt with it.

Urashiki has the Rinnegan and is probably the strongest person in the world right now not counting Sasuke. Or at the very least he was smacking Jiraya around pretty easily and by all means could have killed them multiple times so I don't see why Jiraya would be holding back his trump card in that situation. I don't see why you're calling him a fodder opponent either considering he's been the main villain for a while now although I assume not for much longer.
Dec 10, 2019 2:12 PM

Feb 2017
I don't get what powerlevels they're using, the two guys that were working with Urashiki required full strength Naruto and Sasuke to beat and while they were using seeds to power themselves up we can't forget that Urashiki has been causing trouble to Sasuke, the second strongest ninja as far as we know, so how come "a weakened Sasuke, a not so serious Jiraya, a kid Naruto and Boruto" defeated him?

Also why the heck has everyone been so lax when fighting this guy? They know the Otsutski clan are bad news so just overwhelm them, don't do whatever Sasuke was doing that lead to Urashiki gaining strength and Sasuke and others getting hurt.

Shit like this is what makes this whole anime feel like a Naruto filler, no consistency with the established rules.
Dec 10, 2019 6:37 PM

Jul 2019
damn I can't want to see next weeks episode

Dec 11, 2019 6:59 PM

Sep 2017
That was a nice episode, but yeah the Sasuke and Jiraya downgrades are just painful

I could understand it for Sasuke since he got most of his chakra stolen by Urashiki (who was actually quite weak since he got defeated by Naruto and Boruto lol), but there's no excuse for Jiraya, he was useless during the whole fight while he should have been op
Jiraya not mentionning the Rinnegan (or even the Byakugan) was also a huge plothole. It's not like these eyes are common, and highly skilled ninjas like him are perfectly aware of their existence (especially in Jiraya's case because of Nagato)

I enjoy this arc however, but I really hope Sasuke and Boruto are gonna explain who they really are
Most of the time, time travelling stories are taking this easy route of "not tell anyone because it could change the future". That's a shame because things would be way more interesting if they were just honest and deal with it (for example it's done really well in the TV series Dark, when time travelling characters literally don't give a damn about encountering their past/future selves, and it makes the story so much better)

I would be happy if in the next episode Sasuke just removes his eyepatch to show his Rinnegan, that'd be pretty dope even though I highly doubt that I'll happen unfortunately

Anyways, now I'm curious to see what the next Boruto arc will be
I hope it won't continue too much longer with the Otsutsuki clan, I always find them extremely boring and bad villains. I prefered the time when Kaguya was the only Otsutsuki and not just a simple member of a clan
I'm also surprised the anime didn't introduce that edgy-insufferable brat who is supposed to be Boruto's main rival. But I'm also glad it didn't, because I really don't like all this new stuff about this mysterious Boruto's eye power and that bad cliffhanger at the very beginning of the series, where Konoha is destroyed (again)
Dec 12, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2014
If nothing else, the animation was really great in this ep. Urashiki's transformation was ok, though it was half a rip off Momoshiki's transformation. What really didn't make any sense and that they just put into the ep. to make it work was odama kurama rasengan. At that time Naruto hadn't learned odama rasengan. If I am not wrong it's not before Naruto's journey with Jiraiya. But then again how much of Boruto and this arc made any sense. Sasuke was totally useless in the whole arc. Jiraiya played a minor role which was really nerfed. It's amazing how they really nerfed Sasuke. During the whole fight which probably lasted for 4-5 hours in the Naruto world he still didn't regain his powers and couldn't use his rinnegan.

All in all, I am not very satisfied with that end. In fact I am pretty disappointed. I should be pissed, but aren't since I never expected more. I take what I get, and with that in mind, it was an decent end. Very mediocre, smh.
Dec 13, 2019 9:00 AM

Jan 2016
The animation in this episode was absolutely incredible, and for that alone, I'll have to rate it a solid 5/5. I'm still blown away.
Jan 30, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
It was ok but it's disappointing that Urashiki lost to two kids.
Feb 12, 2020 11:08 PM
Aug 2017
Cool arc, i really enjoyed every Boruto Naruto moments, this episode was a blast! Back to canon i guess
Jun 30, 2020 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
the transformation was creepy lol i liked it
Oct 24, 2021 6:46 AM
May 2021
Naruto's rage was satisfying
Oct 24, 2021 6:49 AM
May 2021
Ulquiorra said:
It was ok but it's disappointing that Urashiki lost to two kids.

yeah
In addition Jiraya could have used sage mode
Oct 28, 2022 6:30 AM
Jan 2017
who the fuck work on this storyboard, a lazy writing i see here, trying to make another version battle from movie scene,,
i want to punch on the face for anyone who make this fucking garbage story,,
Feb 24, 2023 2:57 PM
Sep 2021
Well... amazing fight. The animation was on point. I will surely miss this young father and son duo. But daaamn that rasengan was humongous.
Aug 3, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2023
Me encanto el episodio y se nota que tiene mejor animacion lastima que esto rompio bastante la cronologia encima boruto le dice ¨papa¨ a naruto jajaja (no deja de ser un momento muy lindo pero no tiene que saber esas cosas pero bueno....creo que ni lo va a recordar posiblemente).

A nivel lore de todo Naruto en teoria afectaria bastante porque vimos (a mi entender) un control parcial de chacka del Kyuubi.

Boruto regaña a Naruto por atacar a Urashiki pero despues el tambien hace lo mismo asi que queda bastante mal eso, pero bueno...detalles que en general hay en todo boruto y naruto.

No se que paso con los amigos de naruto que no llegaron nunca...osea vimos algo que no llego a nada...literalmente relleno. Pero a lo mejor el proximo episodio dicen algo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.