Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2016
I've been so lax in watching anime lately. I spend most of my day playing games without even bothering to stare at my anime batch folders. But I'm trying to stop playing bit by bit now. Therefore I want to gradually increase the time I invest to watch anime each day.

How many hours do you spend your day off watching anime? Are you happy of the time you spent? Is there a set rule of some sort like:

"To be a full-fledged anime fan you must watch at least (n) anime and watch at least(n) episodes each day."

or something like that generally known by the community?

I'm so jealous of those people who have hundreds of completed anime series in their list.
Please enlighten me on how to increase my dedication into watching anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2017 2:45 AM

Sep 2009
According to math, about 2 per day...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 27, 2017 3:15 AM

Jun 2015
Haruna said:

"To be a full-fledged anime fan you must watch at least (n) anime and watch at least(n) episodes each day."

There's no rule like that. I've had weeks and months when I didn't watch anything.

OT. Depends on my mood.
Sep 27, 2017 3:20 AM
Jul 2017
Idk, I watch whenever i feel like watching, otherwise its no fun. :P
Kokoro Connect <3
Sep 27, 2017 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
Learn how to multitask; watch anime and play games at the same time.
Don't watch just on your days off, utilize any instance in your day to day (especially idle moments like eating).

Very roughly, I've probably been watching like six episodes a day as of recent.
Sometimes more, sometimes nothing in a day.

Haruna said:

There's nothing like that, no.
If you want to get through a lot fast, especially long shows, watch ten episodes a day.
Sep 27, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
Haruna said:
I've been so lax in watching anime lately. I spend most of my day playing games without even bothering to stare at my anime batch folders. But I'm trying to stop playing bit by bit now. Therefore I want to gradually increase the time I invest to watch anime each day.

How many hours do you spend your day off watching anime? Are you happy of the time you spent? Is there a set rule of some sort like:

I'm so jealous of those people who have hundreds of completed anime series in their list.

I think you go about it wrong. Number of anime in the list is just something that comes passively with watching anime, not the purpose. Just watch what you want, however much you want.
Sep 27, 2017 3:25 AM

Apr 2016
It change with every thread about that topic users made.
SwagernatorSep 27, 2017 4:11 AM
Sep 27, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2017
maybe a season or two. I don't really count.
Sep 27, 2017 3:28 AM

Jun 2017
Well it depends on weekdays and weekends ... But when it's weekends , I can even count how many am I watching and on weekdays I watch 2-7 episodes cuz you know... School
I need a GF T^T
Sep 27, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
The past few weeks, nothing. Been too engrossed into asian drama, but i'm planning to return.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Sep 27, 2017 3:33 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really sick in real life, so the only thing i do is sleep, watch anime and eat.

I watch something from 15-37 eps each day.
I can easy watch a 25 eps anime in one day, but thats just me beacuse the anime saved me.

Sep 27, 2017 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
around 1-2 episodes per day since i just watch some ongoing anime
Sep 27, 2017 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
How many hours do you spend your day off watching anime?
There is no set time I spend on anime every day, I can send an entire day marathoning 15-20 episodes, watch 2-4 episodes or not watch anything at all.
Are you happy of the time you spent?
Can't say I care about it tbh,

Is there a set rule of some sort like:

Nope

Nothing to be jealous of, just watch stuff at your own pace, this is not a race or a competition.
You can tie yourself to a chair and watch anime all day every day, if you are that desperate. But I have an alternative, just watch as much anime as you want to, at your own pace.
Sep 27, 2017 3:41 AM

Sep 2017
On average I watch about 3-5 episodes daily.
You're jealous of people having a bunch of watched anime while I'm jealous of people having a bunch of posts c:
Sep 27, 2017 3:47 AM

Feb 2013
according to my math about 3 normal length episodes per day on average

but i deffo had periods that were more anime heavy or gaming heavy (or exam heavy :V) so anywhere between 0 and twenty-some
it generally feels like a better time investment than most games, particularly mmos and mobas
depends on what you play.. if it's a grindfest than reducing your obsession with the game is most likely better in the long run
Sep 27, 2017 3:50 AM
Sep 2017
Just watching airing animes for now.So like 1+ a week depends on how many airing shows im watching.
I'm pretty happy with the amount I'm watching right now.
Besides having more Completed animes doesn't mean a shit.
Sep 27, 2017 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
My mean is 2 eps per day according to malgraph, but in fact I usually watch 4-12 eps per day with some occassional breakes when I don't watch anything at all. There was also one long, 6-month break.
Sep 27, 2017 3:53 AM

Jul 2014
Haruna said:
It's not that rare to have a period of time when you do not watch many anime. In the past few weeks (eight or nine) I've spent most of my free time on games. But once I finish Steins;Gate VN I'll be back to anime.

Haruna said:
Between 2 and 4 on week days, and between 4 and 8 on weekend. There are also days when I do not have time to watch anything.

Haruna said:

I've never heard about such rule. I think it's more about what you do with the time you spend on anime, rather than how many hours you watch anime. Even if it takes you a long time to complete anime, but you discus it afterwards with other anime fans, then you are full-fledged anime for me.

Haruna said:
There is nothing to be jealous of, LOL :D

If you watch anime regularly, even just one hour a day, it's just matter of time when you will have few hundreds anime on completed list.

Haruna said:
I don't think you should force yourself to watch anime. I you feel like playing games, play games. If you feel like watching anime, watch anime. But there is one advice I can give. Do not switch back and forth between games and anime without finishing/completing one or the other. Otherwise you will have tons of "on-hold" anime just as me :-P
Sep 27, 2017 3:57 AM
Apr 2017
I watch 30+ a day cuz I have no life and I'm on holiday but on school days it's 15+ but there's no required number that u have to watch. Just watch anime whenever u feel like don't force yourself otherwise u not gona enjoy it as much as when u feel like it
Sep 27, 2017 3:59 AM

Nov 2016
I watch anywhere from 4-8 episodes a day, normally in the 6-8 range.
Sep 27, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
1510 episode in around 7 years, around 0.6 episode per day.
I do quit anime for a few years though. If only count the period that I'm active an anime fan, maybe around 1 episode per day?
Sep 27, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2017
According to math about 6 per day. Really strange since all I can do right now is watch anime in weekends since Id rather spend time shitposting here using my phone than watching anime. Took me 9 years to reach that number.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 27, 2017 4:29 AM

Aug 2015
I've been watching a lot more recently because im on holidays, so right now its around 4-8 per day. But usually i watch 0-3 per day.
Sep 27, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 2016
I usually watch like 5-12 per day

(that's probably because I love glass mask)
Sep 27, 2017 4:50 AM
Mar 2016
It depends. I watch animes for 4 years, there were days when i watched 30 episodes. There where also months were i watched no anime at all.
Mostly depends of my mood, the current anime i watch, and the amount of free time i have.
Sep 27, 2017 5:04 AM

Nov 2016
Depending on my mood, how much I've to do and other factors, 0-25 episodes.

My average for the last three weeks was about 6 episodes per day.

From June till mid August was my high, I've watched 1000 episodes, so about 13-14 on average per day.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2017 5:06 AM

Nov 2014
Depends on how much free time I have and how much I feel like putting into watching anime.

On average I probably haven't watched all that much, I sometimes go week without watching anything but seasonals (which is like 12-15 episodes a week?), but when I watch I really watch a lot on top of my seasonal anime. On a good day I can easily finish a 1 cour in a day, on a bad day maybe 3-4 episodes.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 27, 2017 5:18 AM

Feb 2010
An average of like 10 a day over the last 7 years.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 27, 2017 5:25 AM

Apr 2017
This past week I've watched at least 7-8 episodes a day

Sep 27, 2017 5:40 AM

Sep 2017
I usually watch 3-5 episodes on days where I have time. It also depends on my mood and whether I want to watch anime at all that day.

Sep 27, 2017 6:23 AM
Aug 2016
I watch 1 episode per day, since I'm not interested in watching anything atm.
Sep 27, 2017 7:42 AM

Aug 2016
mozgow said:
Haruna said:
It's not that rare to have a period of time when you do not watch many anime. In the past few weeks (eight or nine) I've spent most of my free time on games. But once I finish Steins;Gate VN I'll be back to anime.

Haruna said:
Between 2 and 4 on week days, and between 4 and 8 on weekend. There are also days when I do not have time to watch anything.

Haruna said:

I've never heard about such rule. I think it's more about what you do with the time you spend on anime, rather than how many hours you watch anime. Even if it takes you a long time to complete anime, but you discus it afterwards with other anime fans, then you are full-fledged anime for me.

Haruna said:
There is nothing to be jealous of, LOL :D

If you watch anime regularly, even just one hour a day, it's just matter of time when you will have few hundreds anime on completed list.

Haruna said:
I don't think you should force yourself to watch anime. I you feel like playing games, play games. If you feel like watching anime, watch anime. But there is one advice I can give. Do not switch back and forth between games and anime without finishing/completing one or the other. Otherwise you will have tons of "on-hold" anime just as me :-P

You're right, maybe I shouldn't be rushing to watch that many, after all.

Surprisingly though, it's quite the opposite actually. I've been shifting between anime and games for the past 2 weeks, whenever I get bored doing either of them. It's been a great way to keep my enthusiasm up, plus I'm not really the type that games for hours without rest. I usually do something else in-between so I don't get as bored and salty. You know how gaming community nowadays act.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll try not to procrastinate :)

Also
pgmhecateii said:
25 when it's a weekday

maybe 30-40 on weekends, idk

W-wow... are you even alive dude.
RaidenSakuraSep 27, 2017 7:47 AM
Sep 27, 2017 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
Too situational. I can go for months without watching anything, and then I can just marathon an anime in a day. Now that its school season I watch roughly 5 episodes per week.
Sep 27, 2017 7:55 AM
Jun 2017
Less than or equal to 15

Haha, I'm watching KnB S2 btw. Sports anime pumps me up big time
Sep 27, 2017 7:56 AM
Aug 2011
Sep 27, 2017 8:04 AM
Sep 2017
Depends. I tend to play video games a lot or surf the internet, therefore taking away anime time unless I multitask. On days I actually sit down and watch, I usually watch between 8-12 episodes.
Sep 27, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
In a similar position as OP. Been spending a lot of time in private Forza leagues, but I'll be breaking from that for a bit with Forza 7 coming out. This means that 50% of all the hours and hours I normally invest in practicing I'll can swap for watching anime, and spend the rest of the time earning money and unlocking vehicles.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 27, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
I usually watch around 3 before i go to sleep and 3 when i wake up but i also watch it at other times too but not always since i got other things to do
Sep 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Feb 2016
I use to watch about 2-4 (usually 2) a day usually. I would only watch when I eat, so 2 meals a day and 1-2 episodes each time.

The past 3 or so weeks though, I've kinda doubled up due to boredom and been watching probably like 6~ a day.

I haven't really been gaming all that much, so I'm kinda bored throughout the day and end up watching anime outside of meals. I don't like binge watching all that much though, but whatever I guess, lol.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 27, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
Around 3 or 4? I been dropping a lot of stuff lately though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
About 2 a day.. depends on how much work I need to do.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 27, 2017 1:50 PM
Feb 2017
Lately I've been too busy with school and marching band and due to my busy schedule I've been spending my little free time playing games instead, but when I do watch anime I jam in as much as I can. With my current schedule that's abut 2-4 a day (sometimes I'll watch a new episode of a show on my phone before going to sleep if I haven't had a chance to watch anything else that day). On days that I have the free time to actually do whatever I want and I binge and depending on what time I wake up and what time I go to bed (both depend on what I was doing the day before and have to do the next day) I could watch up to a whole season.
Sep 27, 2017 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
Like 6-8 on weekdays, and 6-14 on weekends.
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 27, 2017 1:57 PM
Oct 2016
Like ten a day depending on if I have stuff to do that day.
Sep 27, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
It depends on how I'm feeling or how busy I am. Sometimes I'll watch 2 episodes a day, sometimes I'll watch a whole 12 episode series, and sometimes I'll watch nothing. Lately however, I'm getting back into anime again.
Sep 27, 2017 2:19 PM

Feb 2017
I tend to watch anime right before I go to sleep, so depending on how tired I am I tend to pull in from 1-5.

On days I'm not at work/not seeing people, I can happily binge a 12ep series + half of another series.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Sep 27, 2017 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
depends on how good the anime is, honestly.
Sep 27, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2015
I watch at least one episode of anime per day. I watch an episode during my lunch break at work. I'll watch more depending on my schedule, mood, and interest in the anime.

Don't rush. Watching at least one episode of anime per day completes more anime faster than you think...
Sep 27, 2017 10:03 PM
Jan 2016
I watch 2-3 episodes a day depending on my mood
Sep 27, 2017 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
On average, I watch 3 episodes of anime every day, every episode usually being from a different series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is "English anime dub voice" a thing?

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

12 by IKKIsama »»
5 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - May 30

43 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
24 minutes ago

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - May 30

15 by katsucats »»
24 minutes ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

36 by Rhae »»
28 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

36 by katsucats »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.