Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, at least the princess has a devoted knight to help her. What a save too. Go Chid!

This episode also revealed that some of the antagonists really have psychotic personalities. Very generic too imo. I'm not impressed at all. I'm guessing Elenora is starting to fall for Chid.
Sep 3, 2017 7:00 AM

Apr 2010
Seems this princess is one big problem to handle with her personality.
She is really insecure and her behaviour is a bit odd as well, even her friend wasn't able to cheer her up.
Guess we will see more problems in the future with her.
Sep 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
The Princess was saved and she seems quite problematic but I still ship her with Chid.

The enemy has a genius who has a similar personality as Ernesti.

Sep 3, 2017 9:19 AM
Nov 2010
hmm about the one enemy red head (Kerhild)

MrJcSep 3, 2017 9:41 AM
Sep 3, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2015
I hope their relationship don't end like Euphy and Suzaku.

I hope that woman survive like it should be so they don't mess up s2 if there is one.
Into the Internet!
Sep 3, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
Chid saved the princess and he became her knight. He also got to cheer her up. She's been feeling down lately. That one guy on the airship has a similar personality as Ernesti. The woman from before is defeated Edgar.
Sep 3, 2017 10:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Leo_10 said:
The Princess was saved and she seems quite problematic but I still ship her with Chid.

The enemy has a genius who has a similar personality as Ernesti.
Same....This episode was pretty amusing especially when it came to Erni and the other dude fangasming over each others' tech lol
Sep 3, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
I liked Eleonora last episode because she's cute. But she's difficult to handle. Its understandable after what happened to her kingdom. Chid accepting being her knight would be good for her.

Silver knights learning their lesson from the past raid helped in foiling the plot. Edgar finally got his revenge on that woman. I'm not sure if she's dead or not.

But I heard somewhere Edgar killed her in that fight in the LN.
Sep 3, 2017 10:16 AM
Nov 2010
Magito said:

But I heard somewhere Edgar killed her in that fight in the LN.

This is the chapter for the last part of this ep
http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/2017/01/K435.html

They don't even say he fought with her.

SO who knows what the anime might be doing.
Sep 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
Eleonora is definitely difficult to handle... she's pretty annoying even.
Anyways... their rescue came swiftly and we even got to see some aerial combat. Though it would have been better if they didn't leave any loose ends... Now both sides know they are capable of flight. However a mechanical that can fly is definitely far more dangerous. If only we had a more ambitious MC.

Sep 3, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
MrJc said:
hmm about the one enemy red head (Kerhild)

It would be lousy if they killed her. I can see a shipping between her and the guy she fights normally.
Sep 3, 2017 11:06 AM
Dec 2015
That red headed scarface is most definitely dead.
Sep 3, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
Kerhild better have escaped there.... I wanna see a second season of this show. We haven't even gotten to the meat of the continental war yet, just a few skirmishes between single countries here and there...

I laughed so hard when they were all posing in front of the Princess near the end there, that looked like some idol group doing photoshoots or something, hahahaha.

And Kid found himself a Princess to devote himself to. Unless Ernesti steals her from under his nose, I think they'd make a decent pairing. That said, whats with Red haired daughter and the prince of Fremmevira? I find that pair a bit more suspicious than Kid and the Princess. I'd still ship though, hahaha.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 3, 2017 11:29 AM

Feb 2010
Looks like the enemy aircraft are just drop ships. They don't seem to have any weapons other dangling SK under it and having them fire. Granted with no one else having aircraft it would be kind of pointless to put wands on the top and sides of the thing. From the looks of it, they can only carry 8 SK at a time.

If Ernesti wasn't to busy geeking out at the moving parts, the ship would have been easy pray for him. Shooting it down would have given them a major victory, not that he had any way of nothing that. I'm not sure how well he could have brought it down without destroying it, but it's maker was on board. Losing him would have been a huge lose to the Zaloudek, as he seems to be the driving force behind their R&D, and they will likely need him to built countermeasures to the Ikaruga. On the flip side, letting them go now means they know about the Ikaruga and the centaur units. It seems they didn't know about either one. Granted they shout have gotten a report about the centaurs from the last battle with Dietrich's team, as that ship got away as well, but being unaware another flying unit puts them at risk, given their forces don't have long to adapt to it.

Based on the blueprints, it seems like they are going to build anti aircraft missiles for the centaur units. I was wondering why he hadn't come up with physical projectiles before, aside from the cables and what he has put on the SG. Granted magic blasts can give you a lot more shots, but missiles can be cool as well. I can't be sure, but the ammo they will be using has it's own proportion. I also wouldn't put it past Ernesti to give them some kind of targeting or homing function. If he saw enough of the drop ship's engines to figure out the basics of how they work then he might be able to come up with a spell that makes the missiles seek them out.
Sep 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
First off...the OP of this anime is really good...so why did they decide to ruin such a good song with all the sound fx that just sound completely out of place!?! I thought for sure it was a one episode thing last episode and we wouldn't be made to suffer it again...but I was wrong!

The episode itself was pretty good with some good action despite that last fight being a little anticlimactic...I like kid and the princess together even if she's being a total downer

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the last few episodes...not sure if there is really gonna be a clear plot ending...but with the number of time skips they use for plot progression in this anime they'll probably end it with some narration of "happy ever after" or something like that...who knows
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 3, 2017 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
They really botched this episode. But at least now we know they are not planning to make a second season.
In light novels Copper Fang Knights Knight Commander Kerhild Hietakangas was never confirmed dead. In fact, I don't remember her doing much on the front lines at all. Although we don't know if she will reappear in the novels.

Anyway, worst anime adaptation I have ever seen.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Sep 3, 2017 12:50 PM

Jun 2017
Not as bad as last week, though the pacing is still completely abysmal.

Sep 3, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
Forgot to mention it last week, but the sound effects they added to the opening are really intrusive.

Also >nerds
lol

Kaze_Kitsune said:
Not as bad as last week, though the pacing is still completely abysmal.
and this, aside from the displeasing montage sensation, Kerhild diserved better, the build-up to her death should have been more developped.
EratiKSep 3, 2017 3:12 PM
Sep 3, 2017 12:57 PM
Mar 2009
Another pew-pew, whiz-bang sfx opening, so distracting and unnecessary.

I think Isadora's(?) full-time job should be to slap Eleonora straight every 15 minutes or so. I'm sure they'll make her come around and become a more worthy princess.

Introduction of Lord Gojass, enemy genius inventor is revealed. I like his quirky art-appreciation. Wondering if they'll show him actually inventing any counters to Ernesti's gear. This anime time-skips enough to maybe do something in the time left.

Fights were too short in this episode. The city attack was pretty minor, hardly worth a mention. Levitate ship battle served it's purpose of exposing the two different techs to the opposing inventor. The Bronze Fang fight needed more than 2 minutes. Seriously.

Not the best episode.
Sep 3, 2017 1:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ZingFreelancer said:
They really botched this episode. But at least now we know they are not planning to make a second season.
In light novels Copper Fang Knights Knight Commander Kerhild Hietakangas was never confirmed dead. In fact, I don't remember her doing much on the front lines at all. Although we don't know if she will reappear in the novels.

Anyway, worst anime adaptation I have ever seen.

This anime adaptation is following the story in the original Web Novel, in which Kerhild dies here.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 3, 2017 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
The events of this episode felt really fast tbh. Eleonora was being quite difficult when Kid was trying to save her, but hopefully that trait will go away as time passes. That red-haired woman is probably dead.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
The part where Ernesti and his "rival" were amazed by each others inventions was pretty amusing xD

Rip Kerhild, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2017 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
The royals rescued and addy getting close to the princess :)
The airship's builder is also an eccentric genius but eru has got this.
Scarred fang woman dies apparently.
Sep 3, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
So he have a rival... bout time.
When Chid tried to get the Princess to leave. Man I want to slap her so badly for being so annoying. I feel like the anime is trying to get those two together so badly.
Sep 3, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
as far as i remember, it is mention in the LN that the thief gone missing, i guess its considered that shes dead in the LN too?
Sep 3, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Dam what a great episode but rip that woman assassin or whatever, those scars probably proved she had a hard life.

Ships for me so far :
ErnestiXAddy
KidXPrincessEleonore
EdgarXHelvi? (since D got jealous at how they got along)
DietrichX Nora?(Im shipping him with the Nora girl from the Blue Hawk Knights since I like both of their personalities and what not). Dietrich has really grown up as a character this series going from a sort of cocky personality to a very serious and maybe more matured one. This ship prob wont ever happen.
Sep 3, 2017 3:10 PM

Aug 2016
Someone has got to be the voice of reason and tell them to stop destroying the opening. I actually want to skip it now.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Sep 3, 2017 3:19 PM

Dec 2011
This Princess is really annoying. She dares ask why they saved her...
Maybe because you're a royal family member who have a great political power to save people ?

This episode was so so, not enought mecha fight.

And lol, now they ad preview of the episode in the opening xD
Sep 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2014
if there's one reason why I'm still watching this, is because I like wasting time.
Sep 3, 2017 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
Now that was one good rescue.

Oh no there is another tech freak out like Ernesti, well at least he has a rival now.

The princess is in very safe hands, they were all ready for those attacks and handle them rather easily.

Next episode look very exciting, a good battle ahead, looking forward to watching it.
Sep 3, 2017 7:59 PM

Jun 2016
Three more episodes left. The show has great ideas and I do like Ernesti, but the pacing is just crazy. I thought they'd tone it down at some point, but it seems even faster than before.

I keep hearing about how the manga/novel is much better than the anime, so I might check them out once it's done. At the very least it will explain things more.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 3, 2017 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
Oh shi-- what an annoying sound effects added in the OP theme.. I thought it was only exclusive last episode but it's here again added with a slight preview, not that I actually mind it but the sfx kinda don't fit with the song.
Sep 3, 2017 9:33 PM

Jun 2016
I SHIP KID AND ELEONORE...

im the only one like the blue hair girl ...

3 more episode... i hope that more fight and more unexpected event....
Sep 4, 2017 3:55 AM
Jan 2016
Escape into an unknown future or stay and marry her father's killer who threatens her with bondage and drugs, yet she shows such reluctance.

Either they need to get Eru to build her a new spine or she's into some kinky shit.
Sep 4, 2017 6:05 AM

Jan 2015
That surely is one selfish princess to rescued. Take more time than any other person that need to be rescued, but I guess it's worth it(?) since Kid is the one that deal with her and done it swiftly
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 4, 2017 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Previous episode most people be like:

"time to save the princess and make her fall in love with ernesti"

This episode:

Chid :NOPE

Sep 4, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2014
Chid do your job as a knight I ship this ChidxEleanora

seems we finally see Eru's counterpart their personality when it comes to mecha is the same

Edgar finally got his revenge from his previous defeat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2017 8:53 AM
Oct 2007
The kind of Princess that I would never come to like. Lol

Quite surprised that they kill off one of the "main" villain that we actually know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2017 10:04 AM
Oct 2009
The Princess is grating as hell and seems to have ZERO absolutely ZERO ability to judge any kind of situation. Last episode she was whinging and holding everyone up, when they were under extreme time pressure and there was literally ZERO she could do.

This episode again, there's people coming in to rescue her. The alarm is sounding in the background. The guards are rushing to secure them. And she launches into a huge monologue of self pity and whining as if she had all the time in the world and nothing was amiss at all. She is the type to get out of the car in the tiger enclosure on a safari tour because she is upset.

Then when people tell her to get back into the car, to launch into a long winded rant and whining. Not just getting herself killed but those trying to save her. Zero self preservation or situational awareness.

Edit, seriously what is wrong with her. Watching the scene where she whinges when he is trying to rescue her basically should've seen him die several times over. As he got out of his armor, stood around and patiently waited for guards to arrive as she was being a petulant irritant piece of work. Clobber her over the head and drag her off.
Sep 4, 2017 11:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Guess the invasion helped make a once lively and big town a ghost town in a matter of days. Nice that Nora is helping them out here. This is her speciality after all. So their goal is to rescue the royal family then. Its interesting to see them add in voiced lines for the new scenes as well. Using the smaller gears to allow them to fly over the enemies mecha's sure was an interesting move. The princess in the tower eh sounds like a fairy tail. Of course the enemy would never have expected a commando team equipped with power armour to infiltrate the castle to try and rescue the princess. Figures that Addy will not get anything despite her cute prepared speech while kid did. I can see why Eleonore will be depressed since her father is dead and her country occupied and thus having no one that she can rely on. But Kid using his identity as a knight to convince her though was a good move on his part. Addy's reaction to what kid being referred to as a knight though lol. So glasses go is the empires chief inventor then. The tension between him and the military though speaks of how arrogant he is. Ernesti as ever looks pleased and impressed by the flying ship of his opponents than being scared of it. Its funny that both inventors are just like each other in how crazy they become at seeing new tech.

To think that Ernesti managed to single handily force the enemy to retreat though impressive. So this is the first encounter between the two geniuses in this war then. So Ernesti's next project is modifying the mecha's used by the princess's kingdom to make them more effective eh. Hmm modifying the kingdom's mechas so that they will be more effective in return for having rights for all enemy mechas that they capture or destroy. Being able to repel the empire after suffering such heavy losses must have been a boon to the troops though. Its funny how Kids knighthood vow is now being used against him though. Operation cheer up the princess eh. But kid's idea of taking her outside though was a good move as she's able to see how others are faring in this war. Kid and Eleonore's relationship though is pretty cute. So the enemy reacted just as Ernesti had determined then. To think that they will try using the same tactic of infiltrating and stealing mechas again though. Ernesti's safeguards sure came in handy. Its nice that they managed to slay all the infiltrators and in the process also slay the leader. Edgar had his revenge at last. Eleonore seems to have gotten back to her positive and confident self once more though which is nice to see.
Sep 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
"I ask You. Are you my master?" kid vers. :D
bruh
Sep 4, 2017 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
So predictable. It's too bad they didn't animate more of the giant robot fights. Not everyone can be Sunrise I guess.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 4, 2017 6:57 PM
Sep 2012
Man Edgar really let of some steam this episode. Because I didn't expect for krimhild to die this early.
Sep 5, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
too bad they skiped EruXAddy intimate scene...
Sep 5, 2017 9:20 PM

May 2016
Well this princess is very boring... what is the logic of wanting to make drama on the enemy base... -_-
『  』
Sep 5, 2017 10:37 PM
Sep 2017
The princess is quite pessimistic. But given that she knows almost nothing about the cruelty of the world before her father's death, I don't expect her to be able have confidence and skills to command her people . I take a glance at something related to her in the LN and it seems like she will have a character development later .
Sep 6, 2017 5:02 AM
May 2013
Considering how the anime changed it, I have a feeling that the wyvern flying ship may actually appear in the Anime. I mean the crazy guy who made the ship discovered Ikaruga's existence so he definitely would start making a countermeasure. In the translations of the novel it showed that after he discovered about Ikagura he immediately started building the Wyvern Ship so since they made him discover it earlier then the wyvern ship may appear. I hope it happens since im not expecting any picture of it to pop up in the Novel so the only hope of seeing it's design is the anime
Sep 6, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 2015
Not sure how this anime is rated above 7 to be honest... Such a generic Mech anime with nothing special about it. It clearly struggles on what to include based of the fact it has about a million different time skips throughout... And what's worse is that they have built up this Antagonist since the start of the season (The girl missing an eye) and after the first fight with the heroes ending as a draw you'd expect the second to be even better seeing how they should both have improved but it literally lasted 4 minutes and now she's dead... they didn't know what to do so they killed her off and added another antagonist that will last about 2 episodes... just stupid!
Sep 6, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
well a nice episode but the the silver phoenix is absurdly strong it can easily take on a country ...I bet and win
Sep 6, 2017 12:00 PM
Jan 2012
The wrong person got killed off in this episode, I liked Kerhild more then that annoying princess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

52 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

77 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

89 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2017

235 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.