Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2016 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's not bad actually even with the CGI stuff. I mean, it should of been expected already because of SANZIGEN studio. But more importantly, the show is original so expectations coming into this series should be fresh.

First half has a mysterious feel to it as the kids discover some mysterious mecha-like being. The sci-adventure elements are evident but I'm more curious to learn about the main characters.

Their mother is also quite courageous. But eh, idk how rest of the season will turn out, seems like a hit or miss. Akira seems like a tolerable character so far. I expect his sci-fi adventures to take him to places like never before.

Oh and don't piss off Kogane.
Stark700Jan 9, 2016 7:56 AM
Jan 9, 2016 8:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FUCKKKKKKK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS DAD AND SISTER DAMMIT

Man if there's one backstory this season that I really want to see in addition to Shouwa, it would be this series....My goodness the potential with this series is great just about for every aspect like story, character development even just action

I'm very curious to learn about the Buranki as well as what happened as a result of Azuma's sister fucking things up as well as why everyone at doing the things that they are doing....Also by the sound of things, this series is going to be intense so I'm just even more excited

The CGI looked great imo and the animation and art style really suited things pretty well....Action was good too and so far I'm liking these characters a lot and I'm surprised to see how much Azuma has grown over the years
TokoyaJan 9, 2016 8:07 AM
Jan 9, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2015
Witch, with weapon that have their own mind. And I presume it's set in the Future?

LOL for this scene.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 9, 2016 8:14 AM
Feb 2010
Hmm I loved the soundtrack, art and animation were pretty decent too. Looking forward to next episode, as the story looks interesting, hopefully this won't be rushed.
Jan 9, 2016 8:18 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That CGI was well done, so it's not too distracting. I like the world building and atmosphere so far.

4/5
Jan 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Sep 2015
This was definitely one of the better premiere episodes this season so far. Not as good as the lights of Boku Dake but definitely above average. One thing though, is it just me or did Azuma's sister go missing after 10 years? I might have missed it but she didn't appear at all did she?

Either way, I will definitely be watching episode 2. The world setting seems rather legitimate and interesting to keep me hooked.
Jan 9, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't think I'd like this because of the cgi, but the first episode is actually pretty good.
Jan 9, 2016 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Enjoyable first episode . I'm fine with the cgi , reminded me of sidonia no kishi but way better .
MarikGrJan 9, 2016 8:44 AM
Jan 9, 2016 8:59 AM
Nov 2015
Wow ... im impressed by the CGI

Usually the difference to original drawn characters and Co. is so great that i puke and instantly drop the series....
But this anime might the final cornerstone that makes it work.

Just a couple years more and you won't be able to tell the difference :)

Other than that .. well coward mc is a coward mc. Must be the inferior complex to his sister :O ?
Jan 9, 2016 9:01 AM

May 2013
I liked this first episode. Wonder what happened to his sister though. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 9, 2016 9:10 AM

Jun 2009
That was awesome! I think this is already in my top three for the season.
Jan 9, 2016 9:11 AM

Mar 2014
MC has no visible personality whatsoever, he was an annoying wimp as a kid and I can only imagine him being the most generic shounen MC ever.
No one got any proper introductions and nothing really makes sense.
If your idea was to grab me by putting all the actions at the front, well, you didn't do a good job.

CGI looks good, certainly the best I have seen in TV anime.

And MC's fashion sense is even worst than all the things above combined, what the fuck he looks so bad.
Jan 9, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2010
one of those shows where CGI doesnt stand out,well done. enjoyed this episode.
Jan 9, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Really cool first ep, the CGI looks good.
Jan 9, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
2nd most promising start this season after Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

This has potential,hopefully this being 1 cour won't be too much of a hindrance for the series.
Jan 9, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Gonna give this another shot. Really loved the 1st part of the episode then got a little boring. And is it just me or does the mc look EXACTLY like chrom!? :o
Jan 9, 2016 9:36 AM
Aug 2011
I'm actually very intrigued by the setting. It shifted into a more urban setting but the first half looked quite nice.

MC is unremarkable.
Of course he would be though because his sister wouldn't stop bitching at him for everything.
She was horrendous. If she's going to show up again let's just hope it takes her as long as possible to do so.

Pleasantly surprised overall at least for now.
Jan 9, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, this was actually on a whole never than my expectations. Azuma is the only down side which is a pretty big blow to my overall enjoyment since he's the MC and all but hopefully he'll develop.

Everything else was great. No characters that really stand out so far (maybe green haired twin tails kinda does, liking her) but the Bubuki's look cool and that cowboy guy was awesome! Quite the intimidating villain already.

I really wonder what happened to Kaoroku and their dad?? I bet Kaoroku's probably a pro at using Bubuki by now seeing her type of personality (which caused the entire f*** up in the first place...^^;) But I'd imagine her being the try hard even reaching obsession level type.

Their parents are probably my fav characters of the series so far. Hope the dad's ok and that the mom hasn't died :(

Good shit. Looking forward to see more.
Jan 9, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
I love the setting. Urbam fantasy with an island in the sky. Hiiragi intrigues me a bit, since he seems to be acting as the leader of the group despite clearly having his own agenda. In the preview, he actually attacked Azuma. Perhaps, eventually he'll defect or something and Azuma'll become the leader. No matter what though, this show seems very interesting, since there are obvious points not being answered.

I hope Azuma might have some character development over the course of the show and that he'd suffer a bit.
Jan 9, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this first episode the animation was beautiful and I can't wait until next episode
Jan 9, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Nod bad CG for environment, but it looks rather average in general (it's compliment, I rarely call "average" something, which is based on CG, most of CG shows looks like trash), especially characters desing, which is rather simple and their animation which is pure garbage.At least backgrounds are awesome :)

In the other side it definitely looks much better than Divine Gate, which is ultra garbage.
Not bad plot (probably). Definitely nothing impressive, bbut I will watch 3/5.
rsc-plJan 10, 2016 3:22 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 9, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2011
VanishingKira said:
2nd most promising start this season after Boku dake ga Inai Machi.

This has potential,hopefully this being 1 cour won't be too much of a hindrance for the series.

http://animedigitalnetwork.fr/news-anime-manga/275-nouveaute-bubuki-buranki-un-shonen-arme-jusqu-aux-dents
Durée :.24 épisodes (2 saisons de 12 épisodes)

Actually this maybe 2 cour(or split cour) show.
Jan 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2012
was in doubt about watching this, summary was pretty generic
not a bad start though

first half was really atmospheric, felt like a movie
second half wasn't as much, but still, the urban undertones were there

too many chars showed up though, not sure if they can make them interesting or theyre just fodder
MC pretty standard for a setting like this, which also isn't that remarkable

I'm interested, but not sold yet
Jan 9, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
Wow. That was better than I expected. I really enjoyed that first episode and the premise seems promising.

Where is his sister and his dad? Did they die?

That ending when Azuma got to the Oubu though. Its naked self gave quite the impact. I'm guessing they, Reoko and her "adult" team, took it apart to conceal the events that actually happened 10 years ago. It makes me wonder if those Bubuki weapons were from Oubu.

Would Oubu would work with just the heart, which Azuma was supposed to have? Or would they have to collect its parts and put it together to make it work again?

Anyways, I got a bit confused because I expected Azuma to see the Buranki, not the Oubu. The Buranki fell with them so I'm not sure how Oubu got there tbh. And what's a Bubuki? I guess I'll just have to find out! Can't wait to see the next episode!

PS: I'm loving Shizuru. The way she talks reminds me of Juuzou xD
Jan 9, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
Giving it a shot for now.
Jan 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2015
Not a fan of CGI, but I didn't mind it. Coming into this series I wasn't expecting much, but it's got my attention. Pretty good first episode.
Jan 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
While the CGI was done really well, it'll take some time for me to get used to. I wonder what's going to happen with their mom's Oubu.
Jan 9, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
Not sure how I feel about the CGI, at times it was nice and added to what was happening, other times it just felt a bit off. Not going to lie, the sound clipping was irritating. Either way I enjoyed that and it's got a good story so I hope it lives up to what I've seen in the first ep.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 9, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Cookies said:
Not going to lie, the sound clipping was irritating. .

Where you watched it?
I'm using my home cinema with high quality soundsystem and audio effects sounds great.
Paulo27 said:

CGI looks good, certainly the best I have seen in TV anime.

Take a look on Orange's works. For example mechas in Comet Lucifer. This is something which you can call good CG.
Bubuki doesn't look even close to it. Especially because garbage animation of CG characters.
rsc-plJan 9, 2016 10:55 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
Yay, more cg on characters! -.-' Aside from that it was better than expected. Setting seems interesting enough. Music was good but that was expected because the same guy also did Rolling Girls and Shigatsu music. Backround art is gorgeous. Characters are ok, I expected them to be far more cringe-worthy. All in all this first ep really reminded me of the first ep of Comet Lucifer, from the flair and the way it was done. Hopefully it won't be the same trainwreck as that show...

Tokoya said:
The CGI looked great imo and the animation and art style really suited things pretty well....Action was good too and so far I'm liking these characters a lot and I'm surprised to see how much Azuma has grown over the years

The cgi on the characters ranged from decent to absolute garbage. Really, I thought the disparity in quality was quite jarring.
Jan 9, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
I can't stand the CGI. Sometimes it's alright but when it's not it's better not to look. Maybe i'll watch it if it has a good dub and i can watch it in the background.
Jan 9, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
CGI is definitely improving every year. This was a decent first episode.
Jan 9, 2016 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
First half was amazing... then we get ridiculous magic kids with retarded fight scenes. Still better than God Eater I guess.
Jan 9, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

I wonder what happened to Azuma's sister Kaoroku and his dad!
Jan 9, 2016 11:11 AM
May 2015
AnimeFred00 said:
One thing though, is it just me or did Azuma's sister go missing after 10 years? I might have missed it but she didn't appear at all did she?

Tokoya said:
FUCKKKKKKK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS DAD AND SISTER DAMMIT

I'm very curious to learn about the Buranki as well as what happened as a result of Azuma's sister fucking things up as well as why everyone at doing the things that they are doing....Also by the sound of things, this series is going to be intense so I'm just even more excited

babymilo91 said:
I liked this first episode. Wonder what happened to his sister though.

I thought i was the only one who didn't see the sister and father.

I thought where did his sis&dad????.I also want to know did he lose his Memory disappear???.
Jan 9, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
The CGI and art style overall was very fitting and looked really good tbh. The ost is really nice as well and definitely can't wait for more. The setting is really interesting too and the action was nice. Pretty entertaining so far.
Jan 9, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2011
I normally dislike CGI, but it's actually pretty enjoyable here. Looks like the age of good CGI is drawing close. The anime itself also looks promising - at least none of the kids have died yet.
Jan 9, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
Great use of CGI. I what happened to his dad and sister, plus his mum's Oubu!
Jan 9, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS SISTER AND DAD?!
Overall, pretty good first episode even with CGI. when i see the animation was CGI i pause it a minute and WTF ?! but at least the story was a little bit interesting, and the first was pretty good too.

just there is only one thing that i want to know, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIS SISTER AND DAD?! THE RED HAIR GIRL IS HER SISTER OR THE BLODE GIRL IS HER SISTER ?! OR IS SHE ALREADY DIED ?
Jan 9, 2016 11:59 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great first episode. I really enjoyed this one. The CG looks pretty great too. I'm liking the group of characters too. the blonde is a QT.

Can't wait to see more.
Jan 9, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
His mom thought they would be safe in that messed up homeland of hers?
Jan 9, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2015
The CGI was decent. It just needs some polish, I think. You could feel the missing frames of animation sometimes, and the expressions were awkward at others. Yet it's better than a lot of anime CGI I've seen.

The first half was really adorable, actually, until things went sour.

The ED was nice too. CGI still has a long way to go in Japan, it seems. Action was well-done.

6/10, excited for the next episode.
Jan 9, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Can't help but think I was watching a Fire Emblem cutscene while watching this haha xD
The first episode was ok, I guess. Can't say much for now, though
Jan 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
I think this is one of the better first episodes this season!

Definitely want to know more about he story.

Where is his Dad and Sis? Why was his mother framed? What are Buranki? What are Bubuki? So many questions that I hope we get answered.

This one has lots of potential with the story, character development, the world, etc!

Definitely in my top 5 this season!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 9, 2016 12:37 PM
Jan 2016
Great story!! MC is a piece of shit!! also is his sister dead or what?
Jan 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
I liked the concept but the animation style is like out of a video game and even though I enjoy playing them, it irks me.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 9, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
Kind of meh to me...but will still continue to see how it go.
Wonder what MC power/weapon is like.
OP and ED not to my liking (not that I will ever listen to it again).
Jan 9, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
First half was very good, the setting was just wow. The second half... not so much. Do we really need to ruin what seemed such a nice premise with cartoonish bs - extravagant looking kids with weapons. Such a shame.

The episode was very fast paced but it felt rather alright unlike Prince of Stride for example which felt a bit fast forwarded. The action sequences were very nice, and overall the visuals look almost incredible, those backgrounds :o

The music was so freakin good and very noticeable and after immediately checking who's doing it I'm not surprised to see Yokoyama Masaru.

Has potential. Maybe.
Jan 9, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
Not normally a fan of CG but I like the way they've done it in this.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 9, 2016 1:11 PM
Oct 2012
GaLaKtlK said:
Great story!! MC is a piece of shit!! also is his sister dead or what?

I get the distinct feeling that how they re-introduce her will be what makes or breaks this series. There was too much build up around her in the first half, so they will have to do something pretty awesome when they bring her back.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

103 by imnotcurry »»
Aug 27, 2022 1:26 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2016

58 by syncrogazer »»
Apr 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

51 by tokidoki921 »»
Mar 17, 2019 11:51 AM

» licensing

NG_Chloe - Nov 10, 2018

0 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:41 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

88 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Jan 27, 2018 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.