Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2015 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More Arargi and Ougi this episode. Interesting.

I can't say I'm that surprised by Hanekawa's suspicions this episode though....and the tension picked up the pace quite a bit with her confrontation with Ougi.

Somehow, I found the colorful backgrounds to be cleverly used this episode. Oh Ougi...
Oct 24, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
Yep, just another TALKING episode, again.
Oh yeah, and Oppai > * .
Oct 24, 2015 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
The realistic background is back!!!!! So much bake vibes in this.

Hanekawa as always seems to butt in and be an annoying character like she was always created to be.

Nevertheless since this is the start of the new arc (Sodachi Lost) of course i wasn't expecting much of a conclusion but rather a set up. Stylistically this episode has been great. The use of changing backgrounds is a signature for gatari and they didn't fail in that department. However i think this time these background choices were a bit more calculated.

The escalator scene shows how Araragi is trying to progress while Hanekawa is trying to backpedal and speak about something else, hence why they aren't on the same page. Then with Ougi and Hanekawa the pollution background shows some toxicity going on. Lastly the spot light was all for Araragi to choose.

Overall a good episode, a nice set up, and a good way to transition from the previous arc. Once u wrap ur head around the time line u can really enjoy the little foreshadows.

Felt bad for Ougi tho but i can see why Hanekawa would be suspicious. Realistically anyone would be if they see a close relationship after 3 days.
moodieOct 24, 2015 10:27 AM
Oct 24, 2015 10:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ougi's still fun to listen too. "I don’t know everything, I just know what I know" is back! How does one refuse, lol! Also, déjà vu

5/5

xkinn123 said:
Oh yeah, and Oppai > * .
Umm, what else do you expect from a dialogue-heavy anime?
GoldenDevilGamerOct 24, 2015 10:03 AM
Oct 24, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2010
The wind effects were just spot on, from the wind blowing right after the mentioning Oikura lives alone, and then the atmosphere has the smell of gunpowder from the shots fired with their "revolvers".

Araragi's justification of his own actions was gold.

Is what Araragi is about to get himself into a lion's den, or perhaps something entirely different. Pretty hyped for the next episode.
Oct 24, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Finally they put some efforts on drawing Ougi's face.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 24, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 2012
Is this the first time we saw Ougi's hand!!!??

Solid episode. The writing is always so sharp and precise.

And yes. Oppai for the Win.
Oct 24, 2015 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
What the?! So the Option is "Mystery" or...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 24, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
xkinn123 said:
Oh yeah, and Oppai > * .

? Troll post?

Btw, I knew that Araragi choose oppais :D
Another great episode. I liked that real life backgrounds, but comparing to Bakemonogatari, art (in general) in Owarimonogatari sucks badly (surroundings especially, characters looks awesome as always)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Another great episode.

There was some fancy directing and editing in this one.

I was hoping to see Araragi talk with Oikura, but I guess that'll have to wait for next week.

5/5

dudeinthewater said:
Is this the first time we saw Ougi's hand!!!??

I think so, but still—it looked like she was wearing a glove. She's such a strange character.
Oct 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2013
rsc-pl said:
xkinn123 said:
Oh yeah, and Oppai > * .

? Troll post?

Btw, I knew that Araragi choose oppais :D
Another great episode. I liked that real life backgrounds, but comparing to Bakemonogatari, art (in general) in Owarimonogatari sucks badly (surroundings especially, characters looks awesome as always)

Art in almost every series (maybe except Tsuki) is far too inferior to Bakemonogatari. I miss the time when SHAFT didn't know how to make money.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 24, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode. This was more a set up episode comparing with the previous ones, still good nonetheless.

I loved the talking "cat fight" between Ougi and Hanekawa, Ougi is sure persuasive, but Hanekawa has "two big reasons" that convince Araragi to choose her (I liked however that he later explains that he chose Hanekawa because she suspects of Ougi and not only for a superficial reason).

About Ougi, I don't know if that is intentional, but when she appears in the episode she says to Araragi that he invited her to a sushi restaurant, and Araragi recall that he didn't say that in any moment. Later, when Hanekawa is talking with Oikura, he felt bad for Ougi and think in inviting her to a restaurant. Coincidence much?.

The next episode looks interesting. Hoping that the conversation of Oikura and Araragi solves the riddle for good.

I love Ougi eyes, btw, they are sinister, but attracting in a weird way. And we actually see her hands!, she seems to wears gloves.
Oct 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
OH OH OH Oikura pajama ver. next week
My body is ready.
Oct 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Feb 2015
4/5

Good episode. Interactions between Ougi and Hanekawa were brilliant. I liked the episode, but it went too quick with not all that much happening. The real reason I didn't give it 5/5 is because there was no OP. I understand them not showing the existing or a new Oikura OP since she didn't appear in this episode, but they could have shown Ougi's OP again.

Anyway, still really loving this season. Hopefully we get to see a pyjama party with Hanekawa and Senjougahara some time :P

Edit - I wonder if Ougi was wearing a glove or if she really does have black hands.
Oreomonogatari72Oct 24, 2015 11:03 AM
Oct 24, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2014
Ougi outsmarted Hanekawa so she use her breast, ok
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe you want to rewatch Bakemonogatari to remember the gorgeous stairway, classroom and corridors, streets, park, railroad, ruined building, and almost every background. Not to mention the dynamic animation which Nise and others didn't deliver (intentionally). I'm talking about BD vs BD. Seriously, bg in recent series looks like they are made by Adobe Illustrator image trace function.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 24, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
Yesh! More Hanekawa.

Loved the visuals, loved the talking... Loved everything!
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 24, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
DawnJ said:
Maybe you want to rewatch Bakemonogatari to remember the gorgeous stairway, classroom snd corridors, streets, park, railroad, ruined building, and almost every background. Not to mention the dynamic animation which Nise and others didn't deliver (intentionally). I'm talking about BD vs BD. Seriously, bg in recent series looks like they are made by Adobe Illustrator image trace function.
BD vs BD maybe u want to rewatch it

which i have more than probably everyone here....btw just cuz u prefer differnt art doesnt mean its objective

its objective that the art in later series are better but u just seem to like bake...which i do to but objectively its not better...and im speaking from quality of art stand point nothing else
Oct 24, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2014
Oppai always wins huh?
Hi there
Oct 24, 2015 11:17 AM
Sep 2015
I wonder when Ougi told that Araragi knows about Hanekawa Past,Present and "Future",what was that about?Im mean there was no time travels into future or anything if im correct,also its good that Hanekawa appears,Ougi interfere into Araragi-Sodachi case like its too suspicious,i wonder what her reason is.
Oct 24, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
moodie said:
DawnJ said:
Maybe you want to rewatch Bakemonogatari to remember the gorgeous stairway, classroom snd corridors, streets, park, railroad, ruined building, and almost every background. Not to mention the dynamic animation which Nise and others didn't deliver (intentionally). I'm talking about BD vs BD. Seriously, bg in recent series looks like they are made by Adobe Illustrator image trace function.

which i have more than probably everyone here....btw just cuz u prefer differnt art doesnt mean its objective

its objective that the art in later series are better but u just seem to like bake...which i do to but objectively its not better...and im speaking from quality of art stand point nothing else

Exactly, I'm talking about quality here. BG in Nise and SS (both being TVA) looks really cheap, including 3D and 2D. Plus animation is so lame in Nise and SS, that's why I miss when SHAFT was pisspoor company that actually tried.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 24, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Man, Ougi was even more creepy and pushy than usual this episode. Her standoff with Hanekawa was pretty tense.
Oct 24, 2015 11:33 AM
Feb 2012
Man this episode was intense, strong dialogue and the back and forth between Ougi and Hanekawa was just great, I loved it. Great episode.
Oct 24, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
DawnJ said:
moodie said:

Exactly, I'm talking about quality here. BG in Nise and SS (both being TVA) looks really cheap, including 3D and 2D. Plus animation is so lame in Nise and SS, that's why I miss when SHAFT was pisspoor company that actually tried.
u mean like hanamonogatari and tsukimonogatari?
Oct 24, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
Araragi made the right choice. Boobs are always the right choice.
Oct 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
Average episode.

2/5
Oct 24, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
ONA (Neko Kuro, Hana, Tsuki) tends to be visually better (though I remember nothing from Hana for I failed to pay attention) for them having less time-restraint I assume. Sadly animation is missing from them too though. TVA (Nise and SS) have rough and shaming after effects, optical flares, lightings, and pictures themselves. But anyway, if you don't see what I see, then there is no point to talk this further.
DawnJOct 24, 2015 12:11 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 24, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
Hanekawa's offer was awesome. For Araragi of course.
Oct 24, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Ougi's just too damn amusing and interesting. I still love the parts with Hanekawa and Koyomi's monologues when he's alone and all but I'm starting to feel like I don't give a shit about anything other than Ougi and her conversations. She's too damn interesting.

All dem faces she made this ep!! Poor her being left after Araragi chose Hanekawa (For her Oppai even tho he said that's not the main reason :P)
Oct 24, 2015 12:20 PM
Sep 2015
It's confirmed, Ougi has hands! 5/5
Oct 24, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Ougi's still fun to listen too. "I don’t know everything, I just know what I know" is back! How does one refuse, lol! Also, déjà vu

5/5

Ougi lost on that one. I find that funny xD
Oct 24, 2015 12:55 PM
Aug 2014
Ougi is creepy. I don't think she's a human at all.
Oct 24, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
..ougi is becoming creepier the more time passes
wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be an apparition linked to araragi, something like a ghost of his need to have a guide like person like meme

"i'll follow him on my own accord, as if i'm a spirit possessing him" and she's playing around it so much xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode, Ougi is still sketchy as ever. She's got Araragi around her fingers, glad Hanekawa was there. Used her Oppai... Which were super effective.

Still can't wait for Shinobu and Senjougahara to get some more screen time >.<
Oct 24, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
Oppai wins
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 24, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
Holy crap, so Ougi does have hands after all! Also, was I the only one surprised by how she seemed to be sad when she was briefly shown on her own in front of the gates like that?

Ougi's continuing to be really interesting as a character, so I'm slightly disappointed that the focus is still on Oikura more than her. Still, Oikura's pretty interesting too, so it's not all bad.

Also, when exactly in the timeline did this episode take place? There seems to have been a slight time skip again, and Araragi mentioned talking to Sengoku about Oikura at one point, something I thought wasn't happening during Koi (though I'm probably remembering wrong).
Oct 24, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
I love this show so fucking much.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 24, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
That was shocking coming
from Hanekawa,I wouldn't
be surprised if it's Black
Hanekawa

Ougi, just who are you?

Man, I am jsut pumped for what will
happen next week

Mod Edit: Subsequent reaction images tagged.
rodacOct 26, 2015 9:13 PM
Oct 24, 2015 1:50 PM

Feb 2011
at least hanekawa stepped in when things were becoming too creepy

444 as address, that's worrying and random
oikura is so stubborn, even threatening of doing the opposite xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 24, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
Absolutely masterful. It's almost weird how homey and Bakemonogatari-ish Owari feels so far as opposed to Tsuki which was so so far away, enourmous improvement. This potentially could become one of my favorite arc of Monogatari.
Oct 24, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at Hanekawa offering to let Araragi touch her breasts. She knows how guys work. Ougi still remains as mysterious and creepy as ever. Looking forward to next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
Hanekawa trump card is invincible.

That Hanekawa/Ougi fight was quite interesting. Hanekawa's quite suspicious of Ougi if not hostile. Wonder why? Is she perhaps a danger to Araragi?
Oct 24, 2015 3:22 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hanekawa pretty much saved Araragi there from being toyed further by Ougi, although she had to resort to her big assets. The showdown between them was great!

Ougi continues to give off such sinister vibes, but you can't help but be amused at how (s)he meddles with Araragi.

danieltortoisee said:
Also, when exactly in the timeline did this episode take place? There seems to have been a slight time skip again, and Araragi mentioned talking to Sengoku about Oikura at one point, something I thought wasn't happening during Koi (though I'm probably remembering wrong).

With this episode, we're now in Sodachi Lost, which happens right before Nadeko Medusa. Araragi probably talked to Nadeko about Oikura before she lost her way. Koimonogatari doesn't happen until after that.

64SuperNintendo said:
Average episode.

2/5

At least, it was much better than a typical post without the slightest bit of substance such as this.

Quite the pose there, Araragi.
VindstotOct 24, 2015 3:35 PM

Oct 24, 2015 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
Epic ougi vs hamekawa, awesome episode.
Oct 24, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
Vindstot said:

64SuperNintendo said:
Average episode.

2/5

At least, it was much better than a typical post without the slightest bit of substance such as this.

64SuperNintendo said:
This episode consisted of dialogue, much like practically every other Monogatari episode. As always, the dialogue was nothing special, consisting mainly of exposition, as well as the characters talking about their motivations, discussing what to do next, and then doing so.

All in all, standard Monogatari fare.

2/5

Better?
D-ohnutsOct 24, 2015 4:19 PM
Oct 24, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
I don't understand the charm that people see in Ougi, I really don't. I'm very glad Hanekawa stepped in.

Oct 24, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2013
So why isn't there a visual novel for this series yet?

It can totally be done. It pretty much is set up like one. And I wouldn't mind h-scenes ;)

Clearly breast route is best route
Oct 24, 2015 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
animehm said:
I don't understand the charm that people see in Ougi, I really don't. I'm very glad Hanekawa stepped in.

But Hanekawa was rude first, she seemed to be jealous/envious or something. And jumped without previous provocation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 6:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Some faces in this episode ... damn.
And of course, oppai won.
Understandable, i would choose that too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DatRandomDudeOct 24, 2015 6:33 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 24, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2015
Good episode . Somewhat slow start but the encounter / battle between Ougi Hanekawa and gave mobility. And poor Koyomi in the middle of the fight ... poor guy .
Oikura history will be resolved in the next chapter?

PD: Yey for Oppai
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

186 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

121 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.