Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2015 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a big fan of Alfreed but it looks like she is playing a useful role. Lol, I find her acting was pretty priceless. Imagine if Narsus heard all of that

Silver Mask still retains is intimidating nature.

It was an alright buildup episode I guess.
For most parts, it sets up the upcoming battles in a fashionable way. Even Arslan is training to become stronger~
Sep 6, 2015 3:09 AM

Dec 2013
A slow build episode. Looking forward to the massive battle.

AikaKateshiki said:
That scene with Elam and Alfreed totally cracked me up > <
Sep 6, 2015 3:16 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
G_Spark233 said:
A slow build episode. Looking forward to the massive battle.

AikaKateshiki said:
That scene with Elam and Alfreed totally cracked me up > <

Yup, they really built it up well. The bit with the prophecy kind of came out of nowhere, so I'm really curious as to what it means. Probably something about the next king of Pars not being of royal blood or the like.

The scene with Elam and Alfreed was hilarious as was the end card with 'Arslan visiting Japan'
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2015 3:29 AM

Dec 2010
Elam and Alfreed filled in for Gieve's absence in terms of the comedy in this episode XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 3:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great build up episode. I'm really hyped now for the battle!
Sep 6, 2015 3:58 AM

Feb 2015

So the final battle between Silver Mask and Arslan begins. I wonder what King Andragoras meant by the prophesy. And one of my biggest mysteries of the show is Narsus's paintings. So curious what these 'incredible' paintings look like. I hope we get a chance to see that before the series ends.

That's one cute end card. I'd really watch a show of these characters in an alternate setting.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
I knew the moment the soldiers appeared it would become a "pretend couple" scene, but that scene was perfect. Elam x Alfreed ftw
Sep 6, 2015 4:47 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that was very interesting. I'm intrigued to see how the battle plays out, although I'm sure that Arslan will in no doubt become king, as it has stated in the end of every episode, so we know he'll win somehow. Gieve was my favourite character imo, shame he's not around for a few episodes but will hopefully make an appearance in aid of Arslan.

Arslan may not be that strong in terms of strength, but his willpower and the ability to make the right moral decisions make up for it. Plus, he has most of the qualities to become a powerful leader and make good change.

The end illustration was really well done and it was of similar art & manga style to that of the anime.
Sep 6, 2015 5:24 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
"The calm before the storm" episode eh?

Etoile is still a religious prick even after Bodan has been crushed. I wanna see her reaction when she finds out who Arslan is actually.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 6, 2015 5:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Why do I feel like this episode put the biggest death flag ever on Narsus TwT

The buildup was real though so hopefully the battle delivers
Sep 6, 2015 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
I don't think there is such things as death flag on this show. Especially for the major charas. On the other hand, I want to see Etoile's reaction to Arslan being the enemy prince.
Sep 6, 2015 7:18 AM
Mar 2014
Tokoya said:

Yeah, it seems pretty certain that Narsus will die.
Sep 6, 2015 7:36 AM

Oct 2012
Can someone tell me how Alfreed and Elam managed to go in and out of city? As much as plausible their role as spy was the city is heavy-guarded and I really doubt they would let anyone out during the night.

And why to even fight at Keep of Saint Emmanuel against 100.000 soldiers when capital city is undefended now? Sometime those "strategic" choices they do baffles me.

Other than that this episode flow pretty well.
Sep 6, 2015 7:45 AM
Apr 2014
Sep 6, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
Drake1000 said:

Sep 6, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2015
This was a really good episode and it does have some nice build up for the upcoming battle.
Sep 6, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
A nice buildup episode before the final battle. I'm interested in learning what Andragoras meant by the prophecy is being fulfilled. I wasn't expecting that, especially since there has been no mention of a prophecy before.

Elam and Alfreed pretending to be a couple was pretty funny. I really want to see what Narsus' paintings look like. Hopefully we do before the anime ends, because if there's no season 2, we'll never know. Anyway, things should ramp up next episode.

vodall said:
Tokoya said:

I hope not, I really like Narsus.

Drake1000 said:

Ironically, if you listen to what she says, that's actually not a bad translation. But I also found that odd when I read it lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Lol at Alfreed and Elam. That prophecy bit was expected but felt out of place.
Sep 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
I love the nuances shown in this episode !

Nice touch with the horses at the end showing the difference in Arslan's and Hermes' approach to command, Hermes treating his horse roughly to get it to do what he wants whilst Arslan was gentler in his actions to get the horse to stop.

Then there is symbolism by colours - White [parsians] vs. Black [Hermes]

~~
Alfreed x Elam is sailing strongly,folks !

~~
Mich666 said:
Drake1000 said:

Ayy LMAO !
~~
SchwingBoner said:

I would have loved if they can show us Narsus' paintings as an endcard :D
Did anyone notice the tiny Hermes head lurking !? :o
~~
And thus, the boy would become king !
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 6, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
A nice buildup episode before the final battle. I'm interested in learning what Andragoras meant by the prophecy is being fulfilled. I wasn't expecting that, especially since there has been no mention of a prophecy before.

Farabeuf said:

Yup, they really built it up well. The bit with the prophecy kind of came out of nowhere, so I'm really curious as to what it means. Probably something about the next king of Pars not being of royal blood or the like.

Actually, the prophecy has been mentioned before. Andragoras talked about it back in episode 19. When Sam came to see him, Andragoras all mentioned the prophecy and the blood shed on the Pars royal family.
Sep 6, 2015 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Thoughtless subordination is fine but not like this portrays, more like overlord.
But they do need to think for themselves, so narsus is only half right.
Sep 6, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
/sigh/, ofc there's a prophecy.

A build up before the fight. Happens next ep, right? We'll see how it goes. I'm excited for some action.
Sep 6, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
Irenesharda said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Farabeuf said:

Actually, the prophecy has been mentioned before. Andragoras talked about it back in episode 19. When Sam came to see him, Andragoras all mentioned the prophecy and the blood shed on the Pars royal family.

Oh, I guess I just forgot then. I've been watching a bunch of different things so sometimes it's hard to keep track of stuff.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
A good build up episode. Next battle will be epic.
Sep 6, 2015 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the part where Alfreed and Elam acted as a couple and told that they loved each other!
Sep 6, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2014
That lover act hahaha
Hm...100,000 against 40,000 - 45,000, well shit haha
Finally the war begin...can't wait for the outcome, but since Arslan have plot armor we kind of already guess what will happen after the battle lol.
Sep 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2015
Cant wait for the next episode >_<
Sep 6, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
Good pace, battle next ep will be good.

wonder if it'll finish up in 3 eps or if there's more arc's to come.
Sep 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
interesting how the imprisoned Andragoras is still able to make Hermes pissed off.
Sep 6, 2015 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
vodall said:
Tokoya said:

Narsus reminded Arslan of his promise... Narsus dies... Arslan cries... Arslan apologizes because he couldn't fulfill their promise... When Arslan becomes King he still puts on Narsus' paiting all over the kingdom and says that they were beautiful in some way... I really didn't think of this but this schema often happens and it's breaking me. I don't want to see Arslan as a regretful king. He's alsp the one pushing them to victory.
Can someone spoil me on this matter please?

Anyway cute episode, I hope we get to see Gieve once more.
Sep 7, 2015 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Who in the world puts untrained soldiers in his own army?! How do you win, man?!

Elam and Alfreed love act was the best thing in this episode, everything else felt boring to me.

I envy Arslan. He got to see another Narsus' painting while we didn't see any so far, lol.

It's sure lonely without Gieve. :/

Regardless of what that prophecy holds, I'm still for Hermes to win this battle.
Sep 7, 2015 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
A slow build up episode this time around as well, the little bit of reveal from Andragoras was very interesting though.

So the fight is how Etoile might finally know who Arslan is?
Sep 7, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2013
We'd better get to see one of Narsus' paintings by the time this is over...It's been on my mind ever since it he was introduced.

Otherwise, great build-up ep. Hopefully the final battle doesn't disappoint and present's a challenge to Narsus as well.

Also, someone should tell Jaswant to wear some freaking armor.
Sep 7, 2015 9:55 AM
Dec 2010
sunny-j said:
vodall said:

Narsus reminded Arslan of his promise... Narsus dies... Arslan cries... Arslan apologizes because he couldn't fulfill their promise... When Arslan becomes King he still puts on Narsus' paiting all over the kingdom and says that they were beautiful in some way... I really didn't think of this but this schema often happens and it's breaking me. I don't want to see Arslan as a regretful king. He's alsp the one pushing them to victory.
Can someone spoil me on this matter please?

Anyway cute episode, I hope we get to see Gieve once more.

plot twist. The moment arslan become king, he'll assassinate narsus for the good of the kingdom hes about to make. turns out arslan is a ruthless tactician himself and all naiveness have been an act..
Sep 7, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
that ending card and are they killng Narsus? oh come on now don't do that
Sep 7, 2015 5:01 PM

Jul 2009
yuliyana29 said:
Who in the world puts untrained soldiers in his own army?! How do you win, man?!
I don't think it matters when you have Narsus on your side.
Sep 7, 2015 7:27 PM

Sep 2014
I decided to take a break after episode 10, but now that I've caught up I'm dying to see the following episodes. This series is so much fun!
Sep 7, 2015 8:23 PM

Sep 2014
Nothing really interesting in this episode, except for the fact Arslan's dad saying it was all prophesied and stuff. Well hopefully the final battle with Hermes doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.
Sep 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
is the battle going to end in one episode or what? the prison scene with hermes and the king was v dark.

the training of footsoldiers should have been done before hand though.

the end card was perfect.
Sep 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
Elam and Alfreed scene was so funny!
So they are all going to the final battle.
Sep 10, 2015 3:25 AM

Dec 2012
Arslan had a good idea to want train his soldiers. I am glad, the end of season is finally becoming interesting. The middle of the anime was a bit boring with all these wars without interruption.
Sep 10, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
wondering what is the prophecy the king was talking about?

I hope lots of interesting events will happen in the battle, starting from Etoeal knowing Arslan is the prince.
Sep 10, 2015 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
Hoping for an epic battle next
Sep 15, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
I think Hermes is afraid of Andragoras and his words. Now it's time for the final battle.
Sep 15, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder what is the prophesy that Andragonas was talking about....
Sep 18, 2015 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
My body is ready.
Sep 20, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
Season 2, 3 and 4 should be announced by now. There are like 42 years of novel to adapt.
Looking forward to the battoru! :)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 20, 2015 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
The calm before the storm.
Oct 3, 2015 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
Preparing for the big war. Fairly good episode.
Oct 21, 2015 10:51 PM

Jun 2014
The buildup is real. now, its time for action!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.