Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Hestia back in full force now. Is it also just me or does Bell seem to have all harem at once this episode?

Well, the rivalry between Hestia and Lili is still there...

And oh yeah, fan service this episode in the waters. More than I had expected anyways (:
Kinda refreshing for an episode I guess. Poor Bell though. And never underestimate the power of Hestia.

Stark700Jun 19, 2015 9:50 AM
Jun 19, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2009
Damn!

Jun 19, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Dat fanservice :3 All the girls looked really great :3 Love the character design for the naked bodies. Perfect body proportions unlike many ecchi series :L

Loved the conversation with Ryu. Nice to know more about her. Interesting backstory.

The Bell fight was pretty cool. I want to know what he was thinking during the battle. TL's when D: The way he was owning without even seeing was BA!

Dat Hestia tho :O Divine!!! Bow to her Holiness <3 Lucky Bell for the Oppai plant.
I wonder what kind of powers she can use?

And Dat end?!?! WTH was that :O So it's not Goliath that will be the last fight of this season? Hopefully this will be as epic as the Minotaur >.<

And Hermes sure has quite the sense of entertainment :P
Barion-ZaraJun 19, 2015 12:23 PM
Jun 19, 2015 10:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Bell's grandfather is a funny guy lol.....So ironic how both he and Hermes are shameless pervs xD

First half of the episode was a combination of light hearted and seriousness.....The bath scene was hot as fuck and add that plus Bete's salt over the fact that Bell is with them and he got to see Aiz naked was hilarious

Finding out about Ryu's past was something else and I would have never guessed that her life was like that. It's pretty sad to watch you familia get hunted down, tricked and murdered :( It still surprising to see that she ruthlessly killed the people responsible after but even then I really like how complex she is an an character and hearing her story made me like her even more

The second half was filled with intensity and even though Hermes caused all of it (So damn shady lol) we got to see Bell show the fruits of his training yet again and most of all.....Hestia going in like a boss like holy fuck WHAT WAS THAT POWER?!?!?!?!

Shit is about to get real in the finale and I can't wait
TokoyaJun 19, 2015 11:08 AM
Jun 19, 2015 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The fanservice is everywhere. At this late stage, it's a little misplaced though.

Ryu had the best moments in this episode.
SmudyJun 19, 2015 11:30 AM
Jun 19, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
Woohoo to that bathing scene. So sweet. And Bete's reaction to seeing Bell on lvl 18 was pretty hilarious.

Nice to get a little more Ryuu backstory, I like her quite a bit. She's second to Aiz in my book, well maybe third, cause i like Eina quite a bit too. Maybe I just love elf ears...

Oh, and Hermes is an asshole.
Jun 19, 2015 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was nasty in more ways than one.
That cliffhanger was a very annoying one, i wanna see what happens next.
And that group of adventures that was jealous was nasty as well with their way of doing things it was clear we would be seeing them again tho based on the last time.
This episode also explained why Ryo isn't in a guild any more but i wonder if she will ever start being an adventurer again.
She might be blacklisted by her guild but it's clear she has skill.

Also Bell was rather lucky during the bathing scene.
Jun 19, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
That prolonged "R" sound was hilarious.

The other adventurers are pretty annoying to pull off something as low as this. And using stealth during a duel... Enjoyed seeing them getting beat up and turning tails like that.

Hestia looked cool with her powers, but it seemed almost underwhelming, though it is to be expected against foes of that caliber.

The figure appearing reminds me of Soul Eater, anything with skulls does.

That town looked quite amazing in a way, them scams.
Jun 19, 2015 11:29 AM
Aug 2013
So exactly why gods are forbidden from entering the dungeon? Pretty much everyone on Lv.18 know that Hermes and Hestia are in the dungeon so much for the covert op, I hoped for a bit of explanation but nope.
Jun 19, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Surprisingly good balance of random harem antics and typical action stuff here. It was pretty low of those guys to kidnap Hestia like that and then use stealth to beat the crap out of Bell, but Hestia using her divine power was pretty cool, even if it was a little underwhelming. Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that Hermes is secretly working with Freya, given his subtle sadism and his unusual interest in Bell.

Hopefully this can go out with a bang in the final episode.
Jun 19, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
Ryu nearly killed bell D:
bruh
Jun 19, 2015 11:35 AM
Oct 2012
Kamidono said:
So exactly why gods are forbidden from entering the dungeon? Pretty much everyone on Lv.18 know that Hermes and Hestia are in the dungeon so much for the covert op, I hoped for a bit of explanation but nope.

I think it isn't so much that the Gods are there, but rather the Gods being there openly (i.e. using their divine power) to be there. As for why it was forbidden, the death god falling from the sky and shattering the protective space seems to part of the reason.

I have to say, ironically, that this was the first episode that made me think that there is a reason for this to be so popular (as the LN sales show) outside of Hestia's rack. Ironic because we got a handful of sightings today. I know they have hinted before, but this was the first episode where we got a taste that something big is going to happen.
Jun 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
Bell held his own against invisible guy!
Hi there
Jun 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
Kamidono said:

Mabye abit of a spoiler, but dangeon is there to kill gods. Apparently, the story between underground and sky has some kind of grudge between them. Like there wass a war, or some sort. The novel only mention there is always conflict between the underground and the gods, like devil and angels. And the gods never really mentioned anything more
Jun 19, 2015 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
Best girl Hestia was all badass at the end there, plus her fanservice was great. That Hermes though...what a troll.
Jun 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
I feel that the quality of this episode is lower than the rest for some reason ? Maybe they have used most of the budget for ep8 and the final fight in order to make them as epiic as possible, so that the quality in this episode which is more chilled and not much battle scenes is lower.

I just hope that next episode will be as epic as the novel
Jun 19, 2015 11:42 AM
Nov 2010
It'll be interesting to see what's coming next.
Jun 19, 2015 11:49 AM
Jan 2015
I hate the fact that they're wasting so much time on fanservice... The story is good enough on itself, no need for that shit. I do wonder what's up with the timing of that shinigami(?) breaking the safe zone just after Hestia uses her Divine Powers.... Will be an interesting finale for sure!:)
Jun 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
Nice cliffhanger and nice episode
Jun 19, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
Being invisible is a bit unfair isn't it? But I guess it doesn't matter since Bell is op.

Is that a Boss? I sure hope so! A fight against a boss would be a nice way to end this show.
Jun 19, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
I thought it was cute when Hestia asked whether Bell liked sweaty girls or not and Aiz in the background was sniffing herself :3

Also, lol at hermes peeking on the girls. He's the type of god I want to serve under

Jun 19, 2015 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
We got some fanservice in this episode.

Being invisible is really unfair.

That Hestia's divine power was nice.
Jun 19, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like that fanservice scene was out of place so late in the anime. And of course, wimpy MC that can't simply soak it all in. The giant skull thing at the end looked interesting.........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2015 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
I was still somewhat interested in the plot.
Now that's out the window as well.
Jun 19, 2015 12:46 PM
Aug 2012
Every anime needs Skeletor
Jun 19, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015

Rrrroommannccceeeeeee!

Fanservice galore.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2011
I think i like chocolate & vanilla even more than before.. yummy fanservice :3
lol @ Aiz sniffing herself XD
Hestia's oppai = instant cure.
Jun 19, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2015
I just realized that badass elf is voiced by the same actor of Yukino, Shiraishi, and Ayase lol.

That fanservice... Hestia is bold as ever, Lili is shy, and Aiz don't mind. I love how Lili don't want to lose to Hestia, otherwise it would be boring lol.

Hestia getting jealous all the time lol. Hestia is a godess, so how can she got captured so easily? If she don't want to break a rule, I can understand that, but in the end she still used it. If it's for plot convenience, I think Lili can fill the spot. Hestia looked better with her hair down lol.

Damn cliffhanger... I wonder how the finale will be.

Jun 19, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
Here we go again, instead of skipping the fan service scene to concentrate in everything else remaining, they skipped/shortened stuff to leave place for fan service, as usual.
Bad decision, as usual.

Lol at that scene with Bete. That wasn't like that in the LN, it was far less comical, but that way to do it was Hilarious so why not xD.

So the direct effect of includign that bath scene shows right afterwards, with Ryu's background being shortened. I'll leave this here for peoples interested in Ryu :
She's serving the God Astraea
, a goddess of purity often associated with Dike, god of Justice, in the Greek mythology. As a matter of fact, in danmachi, Astraea is a god with a very strong sense of justice, and her familia was the same . They were acting as bringer of justice in Oratorio, stopping criminals and bringing them before the law . Astraea familia was really liked from the regular peoples due to this.
But, because of this, they were massively hated by criminal oriented familia that had to deal with them . One day, the whole group was ambushed by some of those familia, killing all but Ryu.
Ryu came back alive, and asked Astraea to leave Oratorio. The true reason behind Ryu asking this, that she didn't said to her god, was that she didn't want Astrea to see what would come next.
And what came next was said in the anime too: revenge. She hunted down every single person who was involved with the extermination of her familia, assassinating, massacring them all rather than bringing them before official justice.
As a result, she was blacklisted by the guild. Since Astraea leftthe town prior to this incident, Ryu's status as an adventurer wasn't deleted, and she is still de facto as powerful as before. Simply, if she wer eto be recognised as the "shippu no Lion", she would be arrested immediately for her crimes. The restaurant where she works, who seems to have an heavy relationship with the most powerful god of oratorio, is keeping her identity secret. It seems like all but Syr have some kind of "circumstances" with the law of oratorio as well.

DarklordVor said:
Hestia is a godess, so how can she got captured so easily? If she don't want to break a rule, I can understand that, but in the end she still used it. If it's for plot convenience, I think Lili can fill the spot. Hestia looked better with her hair down lol.

Tokoya said:
Hestia going in like a boss like holy fuck WHAT WAS THAT POWER?!?!?!?!

pervertedelights said:

Based on the timing of the skull, what with Hestia temporarily releasing her divine powers, .

Actually, she didn't release her power. This is a burst of "Might of Heaven" (神威 in japanese) ( Or "God authority" if you it better that way). Every god has it as a natural aura. In the anime, it was completely skipped, so obviously you don't know that, but in the LN, it's often talked about. That's the main reason for why in danmachi, you can recognise if someone is a god or not by his sheer "presence" and "authority" (think of it like an absolute charisma emanating from them, overwhelming for mortals). Usually, gods are just radiating a little of it. When they entered the dungeon, Hestia and Hermes made sure that they completely cut it off to avoid being detected by the dungeon. What hestia did was simply a burst of it, suddenly releasing 神威 to convince the mortals to obey her. She didn't use her divine power. If she did, that would be back to the heaven afterwards and forever for Hestia, end of danmachi as a story.

They exaggerated it clearly in the anime. Shin'i (神威) is something that's completely natural from gods in danmachi~ As a mater of fact, when Bell reunited with Hestia on the 18th floor, he asked her why she was "different from usual". That's because gods usually release an aura of "God Authority" at all time, whereas she wasn't in the dungeon. What Hestia did there was just stopping restraining it, and maybe releasing more than usual on this, but that's about it.

Damn, they skipped almost completely the fight from Bell's allies (and that was supposed to be in a forest too :x ), and skipped the joke of Hestia saying "bell kuuun!??!" when seeing the rabbit and being tsukkomi'ed by the two adventurers guarding her. As well as that bug bear leaded here by Lili to chase the two, as well. I was looking forward to that scene, too :"(.

Welf losing his sword from that cliff isn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to threw it away at the end of the battle, not wishing to use it.

I clearly didn't like the way the end was done. That supposed to be a shadow appearing in the crystals light, like a shadow of someone suddenly looking at that from a window.

Episode finished exactly wher eIthought it would anyway.As expected, next time is the final battle only.
ZefyrisJun 19, 2015 1:09 PM
Jun 19, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
Zefyris said:
Here we go again, instead of skipping the fan service scene to concentrate in everything else remaining, they skipped/shortened stuff to leave place for fan service, as usual.
Bad decision, as usual.

long story short, please do not complain TT_TT.
it was not as massacred as Highschool DXD season 3 TT_TT

btw, how did Bell-kun learn dogeza? 8D
bruh
Jun 19, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
Will there be another season? Or is there only going to be 13 episodes?
Jun 19, 2015 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
Zefyris said:
Bad decision, as usual.

Lol at that scene with Bete. That wasn't like that in the LN, it was far less comical, but that way to do it was Hilarious so why not xD.

So the direct effect of includign that bath scene shows right afterwards, with Ryu's background being shortened. I'll leave this here for peoples interested in Ryu :
She's serving the God Astraea
, a goddess of purity often associated with Dike, god of Justice, in the Greek mythology. As a matter of fact, in danmachi, Astraea is a god with a very strong sense of justice, and her familia was the same . They were acting as bringer of justice in Oratorio, stopping criminals and bringing them before the law . Astraea familia was really liked from the regular peoples due to this.
But, because of this, they were massively hated by criminal oriented familia that had to deal with them . One day, the whole group was ambushed by some of those familia, killing all but Ryu.
Ryu came back alive, and asked Astraea to leave Oratorio. The true reason behind Ryu asking this, that she didn't said to her god, was that she didn't want Astrea to see what would come next.
And what came next was said in the anime too: revenge. She hunted down every single person who was involved with the extermination of her familia, assassinating, massacring them all rather than bringing them before official justice.
As a result, she was blacklisted by the guild. Since Astraea leftthe town prior to this incident, Ryu's status as an adventurer wasn't deleted, and she is still de facto as powerful as before. Simply, if she wer eto be recognised as the "shippu no Lion", she would be arrested immediately for her crimes. The restaurant where she works, who seems to have an heavy relationship with the most powerful god of oratorio, is keeping her identity secret. It seems like all but Syr have some kind of "circumstances" with the law of oratorio as well.

DarklordVor said:
Hestia is a godess, so how can she got captured so easily? If she don't want to break a rule, I can understand that, but in the end she still used it. If it's for plot convenience, I think Lili can fill the spot. Hestia looked better with her hair down lol.

Tokoya said:
Hestia going in like a boss like holy fuck WHAT WAS THAT POWER?!?!?!?!

pervertedelights said:

Based on the timing of the skull, what with Hestia temporarily releasing her divine powers, .

Actually, she didn't release her power. This is a burst of "Might of Heaven" (神威 in japanese) ( Or "God authority" if you it better that way). Every god has it as a natural aura. In the anime, it was completely skipped, so obviously you don't know that, but in the LN, it's often talked about. That's the main reason for why in danmachi, you can recognise if someone is a god or not by his sheer "presence" and "authority" (think of it like an absolute charisma emanating for them, overwhelming for mortals). Usually, gods are just radiating a little of it. When they entered the dungeon, Hstia and Hermes made sure that they completely cut it off compeltely to avoid being detected by the dungeon. What hestia did was simply a burst of it, suddenly releasing 神威 to convince the mortals to obey her. She didn't use her divine power. If she did, that would be back to the heaven afterwards and forever for Hestia, end of danmachi as a story.

They exaggerated it clearly in the anime. Shin'i (神威) is something that's completely natural from gods in danmachi~ As a mater of fact, when Bell reunited with Hestia on the 18th floor, he asked her why she was "different from usual". That's because gods usually release an aura of "God Authority" at all time, whereas she wasn't in the dungeon. What Hestia did there was just stopping restraining it, and maybe releasing more than usual on this, but that's about it.

Damn, they skipped almost completely the fight from Bell's allies (and that was supposed to be in a forest too :x ), and skipped the joke of Hestia saying "bell kuuun!??!" when seeing the rabbit and being tsukkomi'ed by the two adventurers guarding her. As well as that bug bear leaded here by Lili to chase the two, as well. I was looking forward to that scene, too :"(.

Welf losing his sword from that cliff isn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to threw it away at the end of the battle, not wishing to use it.

I clearly didn't like the way the end was done. That supposed to be a shadow appearing in the crystals light, like a shadow of someone suddenly looking at that from a window.

Episode finished exactly wher eIthought it would anyway.As expected, next time is the final battle only.

damn, a wall of text. but thx for the explanation, i really appreciate it.
i was also expecting hestia to say bell-kun when an al mi raj appear lol

hestia look much better with her hair down.
Jun 19, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
Hestia using her divine powers was kind of pointless. Seemed like the creators just showed her powers last second and shoved it in there.

Too much annoying LN comparisons in the comments -.-

Jun 19, 2015 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
justvincexd said:
Hestia using her divine powers was kind of pointless. Seemed like the creators just showed her powers last second and shoved it in there.

Too much annoying LN comparisons in the comments -.-

those "annoying LN comparisons " are actually answering your point. Read the post 31. And you'll see that no, she didn't use her power.
So? Annoying maybe, but useful, don't you think, heh?
Jun 19, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
Hestia still sucks ass. She's just too annoying with her "bell-kun" which incorporates 50% of her dialogue throughout anime. Pretty much every girl is better than her. Nice episode though.
Jun 19, 2015 1:56 PM

May 2014
Who else hates Hestia? It was bearable in the beginning but now it is simply annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
Glorious fanservice 10/10
I hope they make a season two tho cuz next week is the finale and I doubt they gonna wrap everything up next episode.
Zanos1Jun 19, 2015 2:16 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 19, 2015 2:24 PM

Nov 2012
Oh my, did Hestia just mess up big time?? o.o
Jun 19, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
Sparteh said:
Who else hates Hestia? It was bearable in the beginning but now it is simply annoying.

I can't stand Hestia. I think that she's a spoiled jealous brat that completely get's in Bell's way when he's trying to summon courage to talk to any girl he likes. She's like a mini stalker.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 19, 2015 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
kei78 said:
Zefyris said:
Bad decision, as usual.

Can't agree more with this comment.
Jun 19, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
Too bad for Ryu she can't powerup anymore cause she's guild banned :(

Hestia has bigger boobs but Aiz has a better body <3
These girls are HOT! :O
DAMNNNNNNNNNN!

Now bell can fight without relying on eyesight and has higher prediction skills.
That titan will break the wall next episode and we'll have a fight :)
Jun 19, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
kei78 said:
Zefyris said:
Bad decision, as usual.

He learned it from Hestia who learned it from Takemikaduchi. I don't rememebr when but Hsetia one day explained to Bell that that was a secret move to use to be 100% forgiven even in problematic case, or something along those lines.
Jun 19, 2015 3:14 PM
May 2015
GreenSnow said:
kei78 said:

Can't agree more with this comment.

But DxD S3 still has hope that this is meant as some extra foreshadow type of thing for Vol 10. Unless they resolve the event in next episode, it's still good.

On topic: Love Ryu's backstory, there was a lil bit too much fanservice for my tastes though. I like Hestia but I prefer Aiz or Ryu. Backstories do a lot in liking a character (part of why I hate Asuna in SAO is simply because her backstory came in too late, while I love Sinon, because of it).
Jun 19, 2015 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, still can not say if Bell is lucky or unlucky, or perhaps better to say that bad people are around him, but had a great fan service in this episode, I liked the emphasis that Ryu had also, made me feel that the harem Bell is increasing

Very funny also the Beth's expressions to see Bell and at the end the protagonist again engages in trouble, and the pressádio some bad appears to the last episode, I look forward to see the end of this anime ..
Jun 19, 2015 3:43 PM

Mar 2009
No idea what happened at the end there.

Bell and Hestia are cute together.
Jun 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
So now we've got an EVA Angel dropping in for the fight... That makes Bell, what, the 6th Child, or 7th? Time for the BGM to start playing "Fly Me to the Moon"...
Jun 19, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
Hermes is a dick.

Hestia looked badass.

Cliffhanger was awsome.

Overall, pretty good episode.

Jun 19, 2015 4:22 PM

Dec 2013
rrrrrrromance!

Didn't really care too much for most of the first half and those guys from the bar were just annoying :/

Really liked the cliffhanger. Wonder if it's because Hestia decided to go jesus mode :P
Jun 19, 2015 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
No they're going to follow the plot mostly. They just decided for an effect that looks like it came from an anime from 40 years ago rather than a more subtle and more threatening animation. As the result of it, it just looked stupid. LEt's hope the animation in the next episode isn't like that~

There will probably never be a season 2, but the season 1 will not got toward an original ending.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

561 by UmbralBahamut »»
Jun 6, 12:38 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

203 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

242 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

417 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.