Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 9, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Inari gave Koto the hammer.

Lol @ Inari trolling the villagers with his paintings.

So the rabbit has the body of the goddess so she can be with Inari, its LOVE.

http://i.imgur.com/zRlxkT9.png
Hnnnnnng loli Yase

Kurama, Yase, and Myoue get their own areas. Seems things fix themselves in this world

Koto and Inari must leave ;_; This OST is making me sad.

-Timeskip-

Myoue ages but the girl he liked as a kid didn't. The player found himself a older girl though hahaha.

http://i.imgur.com/knx9BUN.png
KOTO+A+Un KITA!!! Dis BGM man!

Great story so far. Hearing the OP played as an insert song made me love it even more.

Next episode: Koto's past, can't wait!
VioLinkOct 9, 2013 10:54 PM
[center]
Oct 9, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Dat OST. I like it but not too sure on this episode yet.

The artwork and style of this series sure is unique though. A few of the flashback like scenes were kinda intense I guess. Hope this series intensifies soon as well~
Oct 9, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
No OP?

About Ishida-san's character and a lady, who made family together. They eventually travel over the place to ensure safety. Then separated. So, is SuzuKen's character one of the sons of the two? Then the meeting of the main girl.

I still cannot believe that the monk on the flying plate was that boy who don't smile, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 9, 2013 10:50 AM
Dec 2012
It was much better than the previous episode though it still felt random. So unique as Mononoke. Visual was impressive.
Oct 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
it seems they expanded on the second-last ona, some world building
waiting for subs now

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 9, 2013 3:30 PM
Nov 2012
That was one hell of a roller coaster ride for just the first episode. AOTY material for sure.
Oct 9, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this was the most straightforward episode thus far from the Kyousogiga series. I'm glad they're elaborating on the plot more through these 10 episodes rather than it being totally random... of course it's still random but it makes much more sense in terms of time progression.
Oct 9, 2013 5:42 PM

Aug 2012

Okay Wow so much back story and explanation! Very cool :) I love that things make sense now
This is such a cool story!!
And I'm sure the brightly-colored chaos will come back in the upcoming episodes <333 So Excited :D
SummerIchigoOct 10, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 9, 2013 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
SummerIchigo said:
Am I the only one completely lost?! I have no idea what happened but it was beautiful <3 The colors and detail!! but its just so all over the place -as expected ;) but still I'll have to watch it again to figure it out....

Haha you should watch the ONA, 5 episodes of ONA 2 (or simply Kyousogiga (2012)), and episode 0 before getting to the 2013 TV series. You may have watched an older episode if it was confusing for you.
Oct 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2013
Well this episode opened alot on the back story on how the mirror capital of Kyoto was created and why it is so ridiculous. We also get to see how Yakushimaru, Kurama, Yase were born, and their relation to Lady Koto and Myoue. Hope next episode we see how Koto gets into Mirror Kyoto.
Oct 9, 2013 8:01 PM

Aug 2008
It used the 23 min well by having no OP!

This is going to be my favorite Fall anime, I know it!
Oct 9, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting stuff learning about the origins of the the fantastical version of Kyoto and Myoe(Both the first one and Yakushimaru).

I love how the show uses the surreal imagery to convey what it wants to tell at specific moments. It's fantastical and just makes me want to watch more and more
HybridMBLOct 9, 2013 8:16 PM
Oct 9, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, that was much more linear than I was expecting from a Kyousougiga episode, I didn't really have to think hard to follow it like last time.

A few notes; I realize that a lot of Kyousougiga is rooted in Buddhist mythology, but the idea of the Mirror Capital reminds me heavily of purgatory. I suppose there's a Buddhist equivalent of that? Where everyone simply lives in limbo, that kind of thing.

There's a bit more to Koto's backstory than I had expected (didn't watch the OVA/ONAs due to being a video quality purist) but it doesn't completely fall outside of what I had gathered last episode.

Anyways, really good. I love this show so much.
Oct 9, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2012
Love the story progression that slowly starts to makes sense now.. And their unique family is cute. Too bad the Monk and Koto left the kids.. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 9, 2013 9:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This episode made a lot more sense than the recap episode, though I was slightly confused in the beginning. When Myoue first started speaking in this episode, I was wondering why am I hearing Ishida Akira's voice and not SuzuKen's, but then I understood after Yakushimaru turned into Myoue...so the original Myoue is now Inari, who is Koto's sensei/"parent". I guess Koto is named after the black rabbit Koto?

Aside from a few parts where I was confused at but then understood later, this was a really good episode. I love the storytelling, and somehow everything just felt very natural. Not to mention, the music was wonderful, from the soft piano bgm in the beginning, to the sad music when Koto was crying, and then the intense music when lightning kept striking down on the city.

I also really liked the beginning of the episode when Inari had his monologue/poem thing, it was well, very poetic and pretty. It felt more meaningful when I watched it again after finishing the episode.
Oct 9, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
So epic. So unique. So bizarre. This is going to be great.

Favorite show this season so far
Oct 9, 2013 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
So, there's multiple different worlds instead of just Earth and Mirror Kyoto? Really liked this episode, it gave a clearer backstory and I'm starting to get what's going on.
wow gay
Oct 9, 2013 10:35 PM
Mar 2012
Great to see some more backstory to this series!
Oct 9, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
I think I understand it now. Inari painted a rabbit and the rabbit got a body thanks to a god. Myoue got adopted by Inari and he also painted 2 other children (Yase and Kurama). The villagers didn't like this so Inari, Myoue Jr., Rabbit Koto, Yase, and Kurama go inside Myoue's painting (Mirror Kyoto).

Years pass and Rabbit Koto has apocalyptic nightmares of things that will happen if she doesn't leave, Inari leaves with her.

-time skip-

Myoue and is bored (he most likely wants to leave mirror Kyoto). Rabbit Koto leads MC Koto to Mirror Kyoto (I'm guessing she was chasing her as a lead to finding Inari) which is the place Inari told MC Koto about. And I think this is a couple of weeks/months the first ONA began.
[center]
Oct 9, 2013 11:16 PM

Apr 2009
Another thing, did they change how Koto obtained the hammer? I guess in the TV series Inari gave it to her as that ball from the intro of this episode, but I could have sworn she got the hammer in a different way in the OVA series.

Retcon?
Oct 9, 2013 11:36 PM

Jan 2013
This is making more sense and somewhat coherent.
The pace is too fast though
Oct 9, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
Also, the people who drove Inari/Rabbit Koto out also wore masks and used fox spirits just like the shrine people Inari and MC Koto work for, I wonder if there is a connection.
Amarrez said:
Another thing, did they change how Koto obtained the hammer? I guess in the TV series Inari gave it to her as that ball from the intro of this episode, but I could have sworn she got the hammer in a different way in the OVA series.

Retcon?

It apparently belonged to Shouko's giant robot.
[center]
Oct 10, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice episode. Finally starting to understand stuff.

The setting is actually really interesting.

Loved the heart warming life that Inari and Koto lived with their 'children'
It was sad seeing them leaving.

Now that MC Koto is here...let's see how it develops when I understand more ^^
Oct 10, 2013 12:34 AM
Aug 2011
It's nice to have this back in actual ~23 min episodes now. I can see myself enjoying it more this way.
The visuals are great as always.
Oct 10, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit so that monk with his drawings created a multiverse lol awesome show! and damn koto the rabbit+buddhagirl fusion is still hot
Oct 10, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
Wow, that was much more linear than I was expecting from a Kyousougiga episode, I didn't really have to think hard to follow it like last time.

A few notes; I realize that a lot of Kyousougiga is rooted in Buddhist mythology, but the idea of the Mirror Capital reminds me heavily of purgatory. I suppose there's a Buddhist equivalent of that? Where everyone simply lives in limbo, that kind of thing.

There's a bit more to Koto's backstory than I had expected (didn't watch the OVA/ONAs due to being a video quality purist) but it doesn't completely fall outside of what I had gathered last episode.

Anyways, really good. I love this show so much.

I thought the idea behind the Mirror Capital came from Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, because in this short story Alice goes into a mirror world and is mistaked for a "queen," plot points which are very similar to those of Kyousogiga. Not to mention the poem, "Life, what is it but a dream," also by Lewis Caroll, has been repeated at least twice. I don't really think there's a religious association. If there is, I guess what you're saying is valid.
pakokoOct 10, 2013 12:55 AM
Oct 10, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2011
nice touch at the very start putting a very similar central star in the world of inari and koto similar to the star in the world inari was holding in his hand
as if even the world of inari and koto is a work of immagination, so it's not only multiple universes but inclusive multiple universes

that dog is suspicious =.=

great first episone now that it's possible to understand what they were saying
so there really are multiverses and koto is part of the organization which manages them
and mirror kyoto was sort of an illegal universe created with no permission which got cut off to avoid contact with the organization koto is from

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 10, 2013 1:03 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, yeah, I'm well aware it resembles Alice in Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass a lot and that's the point, but the buddhist imagery and themes in the series are hard to deny, and they were cemented this episode.

In any case, it's just idle speculation.
Oct 10, 2013 1:11 AM

Oct 2011
that was fantastic XD first part was repetition of last of the OVAs which was my favorite. And so many heartwarming moments.

In terms of visual it remains as good as it used to be but than Toei, if they want they can do such things (and have enough money to do it).

Good they started to explain stuff as previously it was bizzare. I am not dissapoint by this.
Oct 10, 2013 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
So tell me what you all think:

Koto returns to the human world as a black bunny and the monk returns to the human world as Inari. Koto and the monk try their best in the human world to try and figure out how to get their kids back from Mirror Kyoto, so they come up with the tomboy Koto. Tomboy Koto's hammer is some sort of "key" that links both Mirror Kyoto and Kyoto, a fact that explains how Inari, Koto and tomboy Koto come back to Mirror Kyoto in the last few minutes of recap episode. Not only that, Inari keeps talking about the mirror world to tomboy Koto, so I really think Inari might be the monk. What also gives that away is that at the very end of the episode 1, the "family" portrait didn't show the monk.
Oct 10, 2013 1:44 AM

Feb 2011
@pakoko
agree on all, but dunno about the hammer being a key
from the first moments of the episode(with the zooming from the universe to the little globe) i was thinking the hammer itself(or the little ball inari gave to koto) is the mirror kyoto universe
which is very similar to actually being a key or mean to access it, or the door rather than the key

Oct 10, 2013 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
@Zeando
I see. That makes sense, because the globe had planets in it, and those planets seemed very similar to the planets from Koto's nightmare
Oct 10, 2013 2:27 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. Added a lot to the story and explained some stuff. Looking forward to Koto's backstory episode.

Not that surprising, but it might end up as my favorite this season.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 10, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2009
Something that might back up my religion angle just a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/v6lPgCw.jpg

Alpha and omega etc.
Oct 10, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't watch any of the series at all , but this first episode is just good. They even put some feels where RMyoue and Lady Koto were about to leave their kids. This will totally be one of my favs for this fall.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 10, 2013 4:25 AM

May 2013
great explaination to the serie, i was so confuse when i was watching the ONAs, and is going to dorpped it if there is no expalaination, good comeback, i love the story, it is interesting 5/5
Oct 10, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
Can someone tell me what the fuck just happened?
Oct 10, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
yhunata said:

This was a really straight forward episode, unless you watched episode 00 in which case you're in the wrong section.
Oct 10, 2013 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
Now THAT's what I wanted all along. The prequel ONAs were a fucking mess of loose ends, now they're starting to get tied up.
Oct 10, 2013 7:18 AM

Oct 2012
Loved this episode. Explained a lot of the unclear aspects of this show. It was colorful and lively enough to counterbalance the exposition. Great stuff.

The next episode's probably another flashback about Koto and Inari, so that'll shed some more light on things. Things are looking good for this crazed series.
Oct 10, 2013 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
yhunata said:

This was a really straight forward episode, unless you watched episode 00 in which case you're in the wrong section.

Ah, I thought that episode 0 was something else. I guess I should go download it now (I knew I should've downloaded it first).
Oct 10, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Amarrez said:
yhunata said:

Ah, I thought that episode 0 was something else. I guess I should go download it now (I knew I should've downloaded it first).

You better watch the 6 ONAs before, just episode 0 is not enough. You're watching the 5 from 2012, but they're a sequel to the 2011 ONA.
Episode 0 is an even more rushed version of that ONA.
Fenryr19Oct 10, 2013 7:49 AM
Oct 10, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2010
I've been waiting for this!

Oct 10, 2013 8:56 AM

Apr 2011
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Amarrez said:
yhunata said:

You better watch the 6 ONAs before, just episode 0 is not enough. You're watching the 5 from 2012, but they're a sequel to the 2011 ONA.
Episode 0 is an even more rushed version of that ONA.

That part is actually a mistake made by MALupdater. Damn thing updated the 2012 one instead of this one.
Oct 10, 2013 9:16 AM

May 2013
This episode made more sense to me now.
Oct 10, 2013 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
These visuals are wonderful. I personally haven't seen the ONA or Episode 00 but I'll have to go through those now to get a better understanding.
Oct 10, 2013 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
Durbikins said:
These visuals are wonderful. I personally haven't seen the ONA or Episode 00 but I'll have to go through those now to get a better understanding.

I'd say it's definitely worth it, at least the OVAs. This is honestly a pretty rewarding series to watch, in a sense.
Oct 10, 2013 11:20 AM

Oct 2012
Really, really good. Not surprising they toned down the pace considering they have 10 full episodes to tell the story and it's definitely a lot easier to follow now. They did a good job of using the OP as an insert song and I thought it was pretty smart of them by breaking up the episode into 3 parts as it still gives off the same charm the ONA's had, without it seeming as random.

Anyways, the OST was amazing this episode, as always. Definitely can't wait for the full version to be released in November and the art style is still beautiful. Looks like next week we get a Koto's past episode, which is good because Koto's past and the world where she came from are one of things that I still don't really understand from the ONA's. Looking forward to it.
Oct 10, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
This is as good as I hoped it would be.
Oct 10, 2013 12:00 PM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
Durbikins said:

I'd say it's definitely worth it, at least the OVAs. This is honestly a pretty rewarding series to watch, in a sense.

By the way, which MAL page does Episode 0 fall in? Kyousou Giga (TV) or Kyousou Giga (TV) Specials?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

73 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2013

77 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

137 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 29, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.