Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2020 7:33 AM
Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode is now available on Crunchyroll as of 23:30 JST.

Here's hoping they didn't make enough off your subscriptions to fund a second season.
SingleHSep 28, 2020 7:37 AM
Sep 28, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Wu-kong has been really popular recently, just got a hit game trailer, now anime borrows him for the ultimate power.
Just for reference though, Wu-kong according to the original novel relied little on his weapon, he had a much more flexible fighting style. It does feel dull watching the episode knowing that.
Nice soundtrack.
removed-userSep 28, 2020 7:56 AM
Sep 28, 2020 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
So glad that this shit is over, now I have one thing less to hate about Mondays.
Sep 28, 2020 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
What a boring finale, nothing more than a glorified fight featuring Jin and the other cast as expected from all the buildup. Same comedic scenes as always and didn't get me invested into the main course of the story.

Yeah, I'm not going to miss this anime. It started off pretty well but over time, it dropped the ball.

One of the most overrated shows of the year. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Stark700Sep 28, 2020 8:21 AM
Sep 28, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
FOR THE VERY LAST TIME: I'LL BE YOUR CONTRADICTION!!!

The finale: GOD/GOD, essentially God vs. God: the rise of the demon Jegal Taek vs. the trio of Jin, Mira and Daewi, with their Charyeok in full strength and along together, the lore of Chinese Martial Arts with Jin Mori unleashing his ultimate (not borrowed) Charyeok: Monkey King Sun Wukong, Yoo Mira being Dynasty Warriors' Lu Bu, and Han Daewi being relegated to a support character.

If that's not enough, Jegal Taek's grudges forms an impossible enemy to defeat, and Park Il-Pyo comes in to the rescue, not as a trio, but the quad of friends together (yay, friendship goals...YIKES) to defeat the demon with the fragments of the Key. Well, Jin is Jin alright, being that humorous self.

To expect another The Six member to show up...this is looking more like the last treads of Tower of God on further developments (a.k.a Season 2 of ToG's manhwa).

As promised, MAPPA ABSOLUTELY delivers on the action and animation front, more or less like Dragonball's style.

Well, this is goodbye to YET ANOTHER ROCKY adaptation of Korean webtoons...perfect animation but baseless foundation.
Sep 28, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
Perfect example of source material butchered right.

Overall the visuals and animation were done really well and some fights were done pretty well too but the action sequence in the webtoon were far better.

I really love both the OP and ED, specially the ED hits in the feels. It's sooo good.

Anyway a very mediocre adaptation overall. I was really hopeful since the PV looked dope but unfortunately that was all.

Next up is Noblesse anime and that will be a shitshow too since it was announced that it will have 13 episodes and there was Raskreia in the key visual. So they are gonna adapt till the lukedonia arc atleast which is only 200 chapters lmao. So folks good luck with that too.
MegamiRemSep 29, 2020 4:39 AM
Sep 28, 2020 8:01 AM

Apr 2020
Mori was really badass! and the fight between Mori and Jegal Taek was really good! it was nice to see Ilpyo and Mori fight together.

This episode was pretty good.
Sep 28, 2020 8:04 AM
Nov 2019
Didn't read the Webtoon, but this whole anime felt completely rushed.

There was barely any character development other than maybe Daewi and basically everything happened so fast I don't even know what was going on.

I gave it a 6 because the animation is actually super good, but in terms of history, is garbage.
Sep 28, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2019
It's finally over! Thank goodness. This has the be the worse anime of the year

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Sep 28, 2020 8:07 AM
Apr 2020
you cant carry shit with animation
Sep 28, 2020 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
What an amazing finale, man. Awesome episode. Goosebumps. The Jin v Jegal fight was insane. The OST when everyone hopped in during the final fight was amazing. The animation as you’d expect was top notch throughout the fight too.

As if the Dragon Ball references weren’t obvious enough already, Mori’s weapon, the Nyoibo was used by the monkey king Sun Wukong, or as he’s known in Japan, Son Goku.

13 episodes was really only enough to give us a taste of the world of GoH and I hope we’ll get to see more, because from what I’ve been told, things get even more insane. I’ll definitely miss this show. Underrated imo.
Sep 28, 2020 8:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm meh, just meh, I don't even mind watching it but it's just a rushed adaptation with a weird pacing... at least the fights were good to watch but that's all about this anime + the second half was shit compared to the first half which was pretty good.
5/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
sabtred said:
yall haters if you dont like the anime refrain from commenting your bum ass opinions cause no one wants to hear them

Wrong. I came to this thread solely because of them.
Sep 28, 2020 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
It's finally over. It was an okayish anime imo and the fight scenes were the parts I enjoyed the most. Not going to miss this.

Sep 28, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
story is weak but damn the rule of cool is good enough

so ye Mori is the Monkey King Wukong all along he is a literal god that has his memories sealed eh

i do not mind a second season since looks like Mori and his grandfather is fated to fight to the death
Sep 28, 2020 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Another disappointment. Started off entertaining, but eventually this series ended up becoming backround noise and not worth paying attention to. Not that it would've mattered. Really, most of the "hype" wasn't earned in the slightest. Pay-off without proper build-up just doesn't work for me and the spectacle wasn't that great that it could single handedly make this poor excuse of an anime adaptation good.

Congrats to Crunchy for giving the term source advertisement new meaning with these manhwa "adaptations".

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
Actually the ending was the best out of all the anime. Almost every episode was a boring one, that didn't bring many stuffs. But at least in the final episode the brought a little bit more.
Imo, the last episode was a good one, and had the kinda finale that would let a possibility for a second season unlike tower of god (which has an amazing source material), but the vibe and animation that this episode left made me feel like, if there is a second season coming it will be very good. Also mostly everyone is blaming the adaptation, but I feel this kind of source material is very hard to make a good adaptation out of it in 13 episodes, no matter how much you adapt in those 13 episodes... I'm not certain though.
Sep 28, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
This was a rushed mess plain and simple, there is no getting around that indisputable fact whether you're a fan of the series or not.

All the cool stylized fights in the world don't mean a goddamn thing when I legit do not care about anyone or anything happening on screen. Sure the fight scenes are cool and might give a momentary awe, but outside of that there is practically no lasting impression anything in this series.

The series didn't start off too badly at first, but it just kept getting worse as it went on. Especially later on when the concept of charyeok started to play a bigger role in the series.

I highly doubt CR will announce a second season, but if by some chance they do god knows I won't be watching it. GoH was easily the worse show I've seen to completion from this year (without dropping) 4/10.

I get why this would appeal to some people tho, an action first, turn off your brain and enjoy kind of series but frankly I couldn't get behind this one. It very clearly needed better pacing, less one dimensional characters and a slightly more compelling plot which would have done wonders on the series.
Sep 28, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
Thank god it's over. One of the worst anime of this awful year.
Sep 28, 2020 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
What a mess, the animation it's a 8-9/10 but everything else is below 7
I keep moving forward
Sep 28, 2020 8:35 AM
Jul 2013
lapine05 said:
you cant carry shit with animation

Tell that to Kimetsu no Yaiba fans ;)

Here hoping that God of Highschool never gets adapted again. We don't need another shitty series to become mainstream like Dragon Ball Super did.
Sep 28, 2020 8:36 AM
Aug 2020
HOLY IT’S OVER, YESSSS, MY MONDAYS NO LONGER HAVE TO BE A SUFFERING WEBTOON BUTCHERED MONDAY, I WAITED FOR THIS DAY TO COME, i am now in peace :)
Sep 28, 2020 8:36 AM

Dec 2017
And so the final episode of MAPPA's best work has been wasted. This show really dropped the ball when it came to it's story and characters which left a rushed mess of a well animated series. I doubt any show will trump this dissapointment this year for me unless the New Higurashi series fucks up. Makes me worried now how Noblesse is going to be handled and if that is going to be a rushed mess.

Sep 28, 2020 8:38 AM
May 2015
Agree with the people here rn. I'm so glad it's over. I hate to compare one webtoon adaption to another but even Tower of God did better than this imo. At least TOG managed to make me interested in the webcomic, GOH's adaption just made me bored. Lesson I learned from this anime: animation alone can't carry your series. Gave it 6/10 because the animation was nice and like the friendship between Mori/Mira/Daewi, but rushed plot fell flat.
Sep 28, 2020 8:38 AM
Sep 2015
I just notice that Mira's avatar Lu Bu Fengxian is so DILF!

I really hope for the next season, there's very few anime that have such a DILF fest like this one, even in graddad generation like Jin Mori's grandpa is still lickable.
Sep 28, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2016
Aaaaaand it's over. Thanks for the treat Crunchyroll!

4/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:49 AM
Feb 2016
God I really hope this doesn't get a second season. This shit was just poorly rushed and relied heavily on the fights to carry the anime. Not gonna miss watching this one, and it's a shame that the only memorable thing from this adaptation was the opening song. Should've saved that for an actual good anime and not this bogus trash

5/10, forgot in T-minus 30 mins
Sep 28, 2020 8:53 AM
Apr 2020
Mori is so strong, he even killed gods in the past. He's kinda similar to Goku tho, monkey, nyoibo, kiton, and silly. lol

Looks like they're up for some adventure. Hope this will get Season 2 coz it's entertaining, wanna see more character development.

Sep 28, 2020 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
yet another random “this ep is available” post to claim 1st spot kek. at least edit it to say something else lmao

but anywho

damn Mappa way to be consistent with the animation, actually surprised they managed to keep that great animation throughout the entire season. That’s pretty much what this show is tbh, just a bunch of good looking fights and some character interactions here and there lol

But overall I kinda enjoyed a lot of those fights even if the plot wasn’t really there to back them up. Character wise Jin and Ilipyo were the only ones really that i enjoyed, the rest were alright

i give it a sakuga fight club/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
Boring ass finale for a boring ass show. It started off decent, but it went downhill fast. The animation and choreography is pretty good, but that's not enough to save this show. The story was way too rushed to care about it anymore. Glad it's over. 3/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Feb 2011
I have a feeling a lot of people will rate this show highly based on the good animation alone, however every other aspect has been an absolute mess, was incredibly difficult to get through this last episode. Ultimately, the power of friendship prevails again.

4/10
Sep 28, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2010
Animation hype, but the story was adapted really poorly.

6/10
Sep 28, 2020 9:00 AM

Sep 2019
Its finally over. I haven't read the manhwa but only good part about the anime was good animation. If it wasn't for animation this would be unbearable.
Sep 28, 2020 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Well that felt extremely underwhelming for a last battle. Honestly one of the worst fights in the show for me..
Jegal has to be one of the worst characters i've seen lately in an anime, istg
And after 13 episodes i still couldn't care less about any of them nor Nox nor wtv, it's a shame. Won't be missing this. Hope at least serves to give the original some audience other than that I won't be missing this.
Good animation isn't enough to carry a show. And also a moving camera during the fights don't equate to good fight choreography, some parts just get confusing.

VanishingKira said:
All the cool stylized fights in the world don't mean a goddamn thing when I legit do not care about anyone or anything happening on screen. Sure the fight scenes are cool and might give a momentary awe, but outside of that there is practically no lasting impression anything in this series.

This exactly

Anyway, I'm glad this is over, moving on
-miraiiSep 28, 2020 9:08 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Sep 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Little dissapointed, cos they didn't show properly how great is "Son Goku" and how great is his powers. They didn't shown ruyi jingu's full potential and how big it was when mori said in the manhwa "expand ruyi jingu!" and it got bigger as continent. some of epic moments where not showns, but I liked fighting scene more than in the manhwa.
Sep 28, 2020 9:03 AM
Aug 2020
reeroller said:
Ofcool2947 said:
HOLY IT’S OVER, YESSSS, MY MONDAYS NO LONGER HAVE TO BE A SUFFERING WEBTOON BUTCHERED MONDAY, I WAITED FOR THIS DAY TO COME, i am now in peace :)

Unfortunately, the hot garbage that's Noblesse starts next week :(

Aw dayum, but it’s most likely haikyuu and Jujutsu kaisen are gonna bury that anime
Sep 28, 2020 9:05 AM
Aug 2020
sabtred said:
yall haters if you dont like the anime refrain from commenting your bum ass opinions cause no one wants to hear them

Cry about it, public discussion for a reason
Sep 28, 2020 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty meh show. Good animation with the clusterfuck of story. The story was all over the place. Not a huge fan of this show.
4.5/10
Sep 28, 2020 9:08 AM
Dec 2017
Oh gosh, I can't believe that despite the quality of the animation, this was actually the WORST anime that I've ever seen.

The lack of character depth and story can only be compared to my smut fanfictions that I wrote when I was fourteen years old.

Holy fuck this was BAD. They even forgot that Ilpyo got that power upgrade from having the key inside him, but here he was fighting with that power without the key inside him just because they wanted a cool final fight music montage. It's unsalvagable and doesn't deserve a season 2, but will probably get one.
Sep 28, 2020 9:08 AM
Aug 2019
That was such a mess of an anime but good animation though.
Can't wait for Crunchyroll to ruin another webtoon adaptation that is Noblesse.

Sep 28, 2020 9:10 AM
Mar 2020
ohhh god this was more disappointing than food wars, damm what the fuck, just stupid fights, nothing at all, then a fucking guy came and healed everyone, wtf, where were everyone when she was sleeping, she said I'M the strongest Then she healed everyone like wtf fuck, she should have came earlier for saving others, what the fuck were staff of GOH were doing in all that fight, the fuck, a fucking girl wakes up that person but other staff members of goh don't have guts to do so, who tf wrote this shit story godamm it it was quite fair till ep 12 but this episode was a fucking disappointment

Apr 2020
Just imagine if this show was animated by an average studio. Thank God it's over, take my 3/10.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Again, good looking fight, but that's it. everything else is garbage. The confusing story that, on paper, should have been easy to understand, speed of light pacing, boring af characters that i didn't care, average music..

If all of that would be good, the fights would actually hold some weight and be hype. But no.

So far, from what I watched, its the worst anime of the year for me.

3/10
Sep 28, 2020 9:11 AM
Jan 2018
Well as expected, it was complete garbage. More entertaining than Tower of God because this wasn’t a complete waste of potential nor was it ugly and cheap looking. Instead this had no potential at all with pretty much no story because of how much they rushed it. Characterisation was non-existent and the characters were as flat as Tower of God’s on average. Soundtracks were better, besides the opening because whoever decided that dubstep would be good needs to be fired, since they didn’t sound like remakes of PS2/1 start up sounds. I can’t praise the animation much because it was pretty much average but I can praise the visual creativity especially in regards to action choreography and style being extremely well done especially with the rotorscoping and use of perspectives. Overall, barely worse than Tower of God but more entertaining than that snooze fest.
Sep 28, 2020 9:12 AM

Dec 2016
najs cringepilled show
Sep 28, 2020 9:17 AM
Mar 2020
i feel bad for MAPPA cuz they had to make such a shitty show, the story of this show is so so so so so so hollow that the words can't even describe that
first of all where the hell was that women all the time sleeping when the world is about to end, she was sleeping why, why didn't anyone wake her up, she could grant the wish of anyone then why the hell she didn't came during the fight, a girl could wake her up but the members of goh didn't have guts to do so, wth man, this is so bad of a plothole
Sep 28, 2020 9:20 AM
Nov 2018
Despite me loving this whole show, this last episode was VERY underwhelming imo.
In terms of art and pacing, this wasn't that good, i'd say its the second "worst"episode with episode 4 being the worst.
Sep 28, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2020
Good fun, but severely lacking in terms of a cohesive plot as well as good characters. I was hoping to God they would explain some shit that happened across the whole season but nah it was a bunch of questions piled on top of each other that I'm not sure ever get answered anymore either, it's pretty stupid how the main trio is just accepting all the bullshit they're suddenly experiencing that should actually be enough to make them seriously question life as they know it, but nope these guys are REALLY good at accepting shit. Flawless animation and some hype moments here and there manage to still save it some. I must admit, I had giant expectations after ep 1 and it's an understatement to say I'm massively disappointed.

GoHS gets a 5/10. A mildly fun trainwreck.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 28, 2020 9:23 AM

Jun 2016
6/10 the first 3-4 episodes were really enjoyable then they messed it all up. at least Tower of God had an interesting story I guess but with this I don't see myself picking another Korean comic adaption anymore. probably one of the most overhyped show or the pacing fucked it up anyhow.
Sep 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
As expected, mediocre at best, as bad as ToG.

At least the visual is good, but visual alone can't carry the series.

4-5/10,
Two manhwa adapted have been pretty garbo, not expecting much from Noblesse either for next season, not even sure i want to watch it. Honestly they should adapted better series instead of the mediocre one, there are korean manhwa that's unique.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

292 by Benitron7 »»
Sep 14, 3:32 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

240 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 31, 6:25 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by deepole »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by _Itoshi »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by _Itoshi »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.