Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh kids these days. We got caretakiing and a lot of cute moments as usual. It's funny how these kids unintentionally say things that make amusing moments for the older guys.

Inomata is still acting a bit unfriendly towards others but I think I'm starting to get used to her now. I think she's also starting to fall for Ryuuichi. That Yagi guy is also such a friendly character, almost like the complete opposite of Inomata. The nosebleed though LOL
Stark700Jan 21, 2018 8:21 AM
Jan 21, 2018 8:43 AM

Feb 2017
It's getting better and better!
That Yagi was just weird. I don't want to see him ever again to be honest. Too creepy.
The rest of the episode, though! Twins' dad, what a poor guy... I almost cried, cuteness overload. I haven't watched anything that cute for a long, long time!
Jan 21, 2018 8:46 AM
May 2014
The scene with Kotarou giving the chocolate to Inomata was cute. I like the Inomata scenes. They did change some things around like not having her in the cooking club yet...

Kazuma takes after his dad.
Jan 21, 2018 8:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is just so heartwarming. Almost made me shed tears when that whole end segment took place.
Jan 21, 2018 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Tomoya is bringing creepiness to a new level..

And lol,Kazuma doesn't like to be held by people he doesn't know so well.That line killed it.

Had to pity the father during the playtime,even tho it was so fun to watch xD

But all well that ends well,last part was so damn cute and emotional ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2018 9:21 AM
Dec 2015
I hope people won't hate on Tomoya too much. I don't think his love for children being cute is any different from us gushing how cute they are, well maybe except the nosebleed lol Still, he's a nice person albeit a bit weird.

Now on to the twins~ I just love Takuma and Kazuma <3 Them being polar opposites and yet it can trn arond so easily when it involves each other is so adorable. Not to mention the father!! I kinda find it sad he can't be with them a lot but he's just so cute too haha
Jan 21, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
I like the subtle romance subplot going on, but I think it's probably gonna end up being like Tanaka is always listless type of romance feelsbadman

The last scene with the father reconciling with the kids kinda reminded me of Usagi Drop in a way with the parent-child relationship
Jan 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
well the father was entertaining to watch
Jan 21, 2018 10:33 AM
Jan 2018
I love this episode the kids were cute especially when they came out to the gym class. BUT that blonde student (top of his class) the nosebleed thing is kinda creepy so I hope that It doesn't turn out to be that creepy.
Jan 21, 2018 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Ehh... what was originally a cute SoL is slowly turning into a really cringey comedy...

Nothing against this show, or anyone watching it, but the inclusion of the blonde creeper dude and the random side characters other than the parents is really NOT what this show needs to keep me watching week to week

I guess I had a fun run, but I think it's better for it to end here while the show still retains its purity and charm in my mind

(imo I feel like just watching a few Youtube clips Kotaro and his friends for each future episode without the extra bs is good enough for my weekly fill of cuteness)

Dropped
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 21, 2018 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
There really is no way of overlooking the fact that Yagi is a pedo. I really wish I had read the manga a little bit more so I would have known this show dives headlong into iffy subjects without understanding what makes them so iffy.

Yeah, I'm just about to drop this. I like the main character and the babies are cute but if only there weren't those really offputting moments sprinkled in. And what the hell were they thinking with the kidnapper part in the second half? The kid's father played a kidnapper in a movie and their mother showed them the movie because she thought he looked cool in the role... AS A KIDNAPPER??? And what's worse is the show plays it off like this is a sweet moment for the family but like, you're teaching kids to not be afraid of kidnappers! Maybe if the show didn't try to trick us into thinking the father was a kidnapper when he was introduced it wouldn't have come off as off-putting.

So first we have a kid who hits his brother, played off as a comedy which wasn't too bad but still frowned upon. Then there's a new character who's literally a pedophile, played off for comedy??? And finally, a character who exists to tell the audience that kidnappers are their friends!! Wow!
RebelPandaJan 21, 2018 11:19 AM
Jan 21, 2018 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
Thair father looks like he's 17 haha what
Jan 21, 2018 1:05 PM

May 2015
The first half was weird, but at least the part with Inomata blushing was nice.
Next we got to see twins' father. He's such a cutie.
Jan 21, 2018 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
Well there's no beating around the bush with Yagi. But he's a minor character and the show will never stray in that direction so I'm fine with it.
Jan 21, 2018 1:57 PM

Jul 2017
Yagi was really creepy.
The rest of the episode was fun as always but I hope to see a bit less creepiness in future episodes and a bit more of adorable kids being adorable.
Jan 21, 2018 3:53 PM

Mar 2011
I saw Yagi as a bit strange but someone who just really likes cute things, not a pedophile. It's obviously not that kind of show, I think people are just trying to nitpick. Still really enjoying this, it's super cute!
Jan 21, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 2015
I loved how Ryuu and Kamitani worked together! And Kirin is such a cutie; the mangaka knew what they were doing when they drew her <3
Jan 21, 2018 4:12 PM

Jun 2015
Inomata is quite the tsundere. I'm starting to like her a bit more. Yagi is pretty funny. He really likes kids. His nosebleed though lol. He had a very nice moment with his kids. It was emotional.
Jan 21, 2018 4:48 PM

Aug 2014
the pedophilia jokes were great and the ending was so heartwarming, i love this anime.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
Yagi loves kids too much to be good for his health xD

Inomata is so cute tbh, she might react like that but one can see how worried she is of her way to be, that reaction after she got the chocolate! There is also the other girl who seems to like Ryuuichi, I'm interested to see more about her and why she feels like that.

Kazuma and Takuma's dad was nice, the poor man was heartbroken when Kazuma was afraid of him, something that later got revealed to be for a pretty funny reason: he saw a video of him interpreting a kidnapper xD. I also laughed so hard when that girl recognized him and went crazy.

Three episodes in and this is my favorite non-sequel so far, it's lots of fun while also knowing how to give some strong feels.
Jan 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
Its a pedobear in a kid show.... what have you done Japan?
Into the Internet!
Jan 21, 2018 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
C'mon guys Yagi isn't a pedo -.-

He just finds kids so cute he nose bleeds. I mean if nosebleeds were actually a thing that could mentally be induced like anime wants us to believe I'd have one too. In fact instead of nose bleeds I feel tears when I watch this cuteness.
Jan 21, 2018 7:45 PM
Dec 2013
LMAO when the reason why Kazuma was afraid of his dad was revealed
Jan 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
Ryuu and Inomata ftw!!! I liked how she was mean at first but softened up and would bring chocolate for the kids.

Aww man Ryuu and Kotaro giving her chocolate was super adorable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 22, 2018 12:43 AM
Mar 2017
Well this anime is great so far i like how they added those touchy moment which is sometime will shed a tears and this anime is wayy to cute and inomata reaction are the best i like how she started to get more soften to these kids even though at first she seems unfriendly to them,So far great anime looking foward for next week new episode.
Jan 22, 2018 5:40 AM
Dec 2016
That misunderstanding about Yagi was pretty funny.

Also, Kamitani has great aim, throwing a shoe at that velocity and distance is no easy feat. It's a shoe.
Jan 22, 2018 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
Oh god. I ship Ino-chan with Ryuuichi now. She's so cute. I think I like her now. Hihi. She turned red, that's no longer called blushing. Hahahaha.

Why is every character in this show freaking likable? Yagi is so silly and funny with his nose bleeding whenever he's seeing or with kids. I caan't with this guy. Poor Yagi being mistaken a pedophile at first. Pfffft.

Why is that "baby cart" Usaida-san's been using to carry the babies make them look like their animals--specifically hogs? Haha. Ryuuichi's classmates chasing the babies to warm themselves up. I'm gonna do the same I s2g especially if the babies are like them.

Another heartwarming episode especially meeting Takuma and Kazuma's father who is apparently a famous actor. So happy for him that finally his kids recognized him as their father. My fucking heart. That whole scene with him figuring out how to make up with his sons. I can't with this. Hajimemashite, Kosuke-san. I hope we get to see more of him in the future.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 22, 2018 8:23 AM

Jul 2013
ugh, i was really enjoying this show so much too... can anyone who's read the manga let us know how often that pedo guy shows up? if he's only going to show up once or twice again this season i can keep with it, but if he's going to be in multiple episodes i think i might have to drop...

also for all of you saying we're overreacting: if he just likes how 'kawaii' the kids are, why were all the other teens/adults so wary of him being around them? it's an OBVIOUS pedobear gag, and bears 100% resemblance to similar gags in other kind of shows. also the fact that he's a pathological liar shows that he's not to be trusted. if you "don't see it that way" then good for you but there's no need to try and dismiss how the rest of us feel about it, either.
Jan 22, 2018 12:06 PM

Mar 2011
Good episode! I really liked how embarrassed Maria was when she got the chocolates from Ryuuichi and Kotarou.
Also, that was one pretty young dad, lol.
And that Yagi dude was a bit creepy to be honest...
Jan 22, 2018 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Adding the creepy gazes and the nosebleeds insinuates the pedo part of Yagi. I know there's this social stigma that it's creepy that guys likes kids, which is stupid because there's nothing wrong with that. But, when you present that character in this way? When nosebleeds in anime are always used with pervert characters and fanservice scenes? It's creepy and gross and I hope Yagi doesn't appear much later on.

Second half was adorable though.
Jan 22, 2018 6:39 PM
Apr 2016
fishpun said:
ugh, i was really enjoying this show so much too... can anyone who's read the manga let us know how often that pedo guy shows up? if he's only going to show up once or twice again this season i can keep with it, but if he's going to be in multiple episodes i think i might have to drop...

also for all of you saying we're overreacting: if he just likes how 'kawaii' the kids are, why were all the other teens/adults so wary of him being around them? it's an OBVIOUS pedobear gag, and bears 100% resemblance to similar gags in other kind of shows. also the fact that he's a pathological liar shows that he's not to be trusted. if you "don't see it that way" then good for you but there's no need to try and dismiss how the rest of us feel about it, either.
Hey, so I read the manga. He doesn't appear much but he will still be there. He's a supporting character that appears slightly lesser than Inomata. Like Inomata, him along with Nezu will get their own back story(if the anime decides to adapt it) I can understand why people would see him as a pedophile, but I guess I'm one of those people who sees him as a guy who likes kids and gets nosebleeds because of cuteness overload. Yes, it's weird, but he's actually a really nice guy. I also don't see how any of that makes him a pathological liar? Sure, I guess he lied about having nosebleed, but isn't that it? He just didn't want to part from them. Hmm also I'd say the adults are wary of him exactly because of what you think, but in the end they know he's genuinely a nice guy but just really strange.
Jan 22, 2018 7:13 PM

Sep 2010
This anime is so cute I can't handle it! And not only the kids are damn adorable, but everyone. I feel like hugging Inomata half of the time, the twins' dad was the most adorable thing ever and even the creepy new guy seems damn cute if you choose to see him (as someone already said) as the guy just suffering from cuteness overload.
Jan 22, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2016
this was such a heartwarming, wholesome anime did they really need to bring in a comic relief (???) pedophile what the fuck
Jan 22, 2018 9:17 PM
Sep 2017
Is yagi a pedophile? Yes , he is , even the manga stated that but he is not the pedophile to perform a criminal act, at least. I think people need to stop shipping so early but well, even the creator create a vote in manga for which pairing do you like more so I guess it's okay.

For the one wonderig about the result , the first place is ryuiichixhis brother, kamitani x his brother ,ryuuichi x kamitani, inomata x girl( since it may count as spoiler, i won't say her name), ryuuichi x inomata , ryuuichi x girl
Jan 22, 2018 9:35 PM
Dec 2015
nachtweiss said:

For the one wonderig about the result , the first place is ryuiichixhis brother, kamitani x his brother ,ryuuichi x kamitani, inomata x girl( since it may count as spoiler, i won't say her name), ryuuichi x inomata , ryuuichi x girl

That's nice. You can't beat siblings in this anime. I'm curious about TakaxKoutaro and the twins though? Do you have a link for the results?
Jan 22, 2018 9:44 PM
Dec 2015
fishpun said:

He's the type that likes kids too much for him own good but will never do the bad things that a pedo does. Heck, all he will do is gush how cute they are like we all do. Yes, he's a recurring character. We will meet his family and his relationship with the charters will be built. His past and dreams will also be discussed multiple times. The kids will only be afraid of him in this instance but will later like him a lot. There are some characters that are afraid of him for humor like his best friend, Nezu and his twin brothers which caused the very reason he even likes kids. The adults we're afraid of him because of what Nezu said but even Ryuu and the parents will like him.

So yes, calling him a pedo and thinks he will do something is too much.

The anime has been skipping a lot of chapters anyways so we don't know if they'll adapt the chapters that are focused on him, mostly his relationship with the kids..I suggest you try to be open minded and look past the first impressions of him because he's really a fun character, just misunderstood.
Jan 22, 2018 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
Blushing Inomata was so nice but it looks like one of the girls on her school found-out the scene and might interpret that as a misunderstanding that would leave for more happenings in the future episodes!
The dad of Takuma & Kazuma is an actor and of course a not not close to his children because of work but that one is easily resolved by letting the dad spend more time with his twins!
5/5.

Jan 23, 2018 2:58 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, Yagi-kun seems like a "dangerous" person. In a good way though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 23, 2018 3:03 AM
Oct 2014
Ahhh the Yagi thing... at first I was thinking wow he loves kids he's so cute! then the nosebleed happened e.e and I mean yeah he probably just has cuteness overload, but the friend saying "you're a degenerate" made me feel uncomfortable with the character at the moment lol - but granted, if they had done the same thing with a girl instead of a guy I don't think people would have fussed so much about it (?)
I won't drop it though, because it's such a cute show! I will wait until yagi appears again and depending on how that goes I'll watch or not.
Jan 23, 2018 3:24 AM

May 2017
Anyone looking for information knows that having a nosebleed while feeling horny is just another of the various anime stereotypes, so NO, Yagi is not a pedophile.
Jan 23, 2018 10:57 AM

Mar 2016
I know they did not just make a possible pedophilc character in a babysitting show...

omg if this was America tv that’s not family guy people would freak!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
I agree, Tomoya seems like a pedophile. I don't know whether they intended some ambiguity there, but that's just how it reads. Certainly a tonal misstep, in my opinion.
Jan 23, 2018 5:59 PM

Jan 2008
Shows doing pretty well juggling between stories revolving around the kids and the standard shoujo romance.
Jan 23, 2018 8:22 PM
Dec 2017
This is the funniest episode so far! They treated Yagi like a pedophile, geez. He did seem kinda weird though so I don't blame them (even though I'm pretty sure he's not a pedo)... Anyway, the twins' dad is so...nice! I love his character so much!
Jan 23, 2018 10:02 PM

Apr 2009
It doesn't help that the Yagi character has those type of eyes that make his character look creepy/pervy like Gin from Bleach or Brock from Pokemon.
Jan 24, 2018 3:26 AM
Jun 2016
I think people shouldn't drop it because of that guy's nosebleeds. I mean, do you even know the reason behind his attitude? Nope. Perhaps you should all go and read the manga, then you'll know more things. I think it is ridiculous to drop an anime because of a character. Specially if we take into consideration that he is NOT a paedophile.
Jan 24, 2018 10:55 AM
Jan 2018
Super creepy how they added what's basically a pedophile into the series now. Even worse that he's the most popular guy in school. The part with the Headmaster making chocolate was cute and loved the second half, but like I said... Just... no.

I really want more bonding time with the Headmaster and our two main characters!! In the first two episodes that's what really worked for me...
Jan 24, 2018 7:19 PM

Jan 2012
"Muh pedophile". Holy shit, people are retarded.
Jan 25, 2018 3:16 PM
Feb 2015
Just a friendly reminder.
Yagi is not a pedophile. Nosebleeds aren't correlated to sexual desire, just overexcitement. Gakuen Babysitters it's one of the more healing anime I ever saw and makes me extremely happy watching it, and I don't want it to get bad reputation because of a misunderstanding.
You guys should be worried about Lucoa from Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. She's the real pedophile, and I didn't see many people talking about this.
Jan 25, 2018 7:40 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
Kenokiri said:
Just a friendly reminder.
Yagi is not a pedophile. Nosebleeds aren't correlated to sexual desire, just overexcitement. Gakuen Babysitters it's one of the more healing anime I ever saw and makes me extremely happy watching it, and I don't want it to get bad reputation because of a misunderstanding.
You guys should be worried about Lucoa from Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. She's the real pedophile, and I didn't see many people talking about this.

Thank you for your open-mindedness. I wrote my first review because it was pissing me off that people were calling Yagi a pedo. I don't think finding kids adorable makes you a pedo. If it does, we're all pedos. Nosebleeds are from over-excitement. I can't help but feel that people wouldn't bat an eye if he was female. Nobody ever said anything about Lucoa, after all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

44 by toralbabs »»
Jun 19, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

52 by toralbabs »»
Jun 2, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2018

69 by toralbabs »»
May 18, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

80 by korekiyos »»
Jul 23, 2023 4:09 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

45 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 21, 2023 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.