Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm pretty much what I had expected so far. We got introduction of the main character including Masamune with his popularity. Aki enters the story in her style.

Animation looks good in terms of quality although the OP song seems to have a lot of fan service and is pretty damn generic. Masamune's voice is how I pretty much imagined as well as his personality, same with Aki. Heh.
Stark700Jan 5, 2017 9:15 AM
Jan 5, 2017 5:49 AM

Sep 2011
I'm going in to this knowing nothing except on what on the genres. As yes the OP did seem to have the fan service. Not sure if I liked the song, need to listen again.

As this is Ecchi and that I am not really in to that genre anymore, I wonder how much fan service will be and how in your face the ecchi will be?

The animation quality looks good.
Jan 5, 2017 6:01 AM

Sep 2013
Can't wait to watch it. I'll be rooting for the main girl.

BDT87 said:

As this is Ecchi and that I am not really in to that genre anymore, I wonder how much fan service will be and how in your face the ecchi will be?

This is ecchi? I expected something like Oregairu but looks like I'll get Haganai, but oh well, I'm pretty sure this will outdo the latter anyway.

--

I'm loving it. It's been so long since I've watched harem and supported the tsundere/proud girl. Many people might hate her but AKI IS INSTANT BEST GIRL
Erika___Jan 6, 2017 5:49 AM
Jan 5, 2017 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
BDT87 said:
I'm going in to this knowing nothing except on what on the genres. As yes the OP did seem to have the fan service. Not sure if I liked the song, need to listen again.

The animation quality looks good.

The ecchi is not overwhelming at all, very mild ecchi for the most part.
Jan 5, 2017 6:34 AM
Aug 2016
Still waiting for its release on crunchyroll.
Jan 5, 2017 6:49 AM

May 2009
Gasou is in the OP. I thought they will skip "NTR" because resolve was so sudden in latest chapter
Jan 5, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2016
bastek66 said:
Gasou is in the OP. I thought they will skip "NTR" because resolve was so sudden in latest chapter

IK I was like "Fuk.." When I saw him >.<

But the OP makes the face-off between Makabe and Gasou look somewhat epic in a sense?

Still hate that fucker doe
2D > 3D
Jan 5, 2017 6:53 AM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
At least I know this will end in my dropped list just like the manga counterpart.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 5, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
Quite old-fashioned plot and execution, but I liked it. But still, Saori Hayami plays a guy? Strange choice.
Jan 5, 2017 7:58 AM
Nov 2015
Alright start to the series, much better than Akiba atleast.
Jan 5, 2017 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
So far it's doing pretty good. A few minor changes between it and the manga but just barely not enough for me to lose my shit.

Voice actors do seems be a nice fit after all.

OP & ED are pretty meh, nothing all that special.
Jan 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
I saw the OP . It's alright; it's kinda sad to see Neko's tear falling foreshadowing what's to come .
Jan 5, 2017 8:30 AM
Jan 2010
The voice in the flashback is a huge spoiler, they should have just gone with Masamune's narration to explain the premise...
Jan 5, 2017 8:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fairly standard beginning for a romcom show, it was good though.

I already like Aki to be honest, she's an interesting character. Her lackey is also interesting to watch.

The ED is very good.
Jan 5, 2017 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
Good start, I liked it. Haven't read the manga so looking forward to see what this holds.

Makabe is pretty amusing to watch with his whole motto and how he gets away with stuff. xD
Aki seems okay for now I guess, I'll probably like her more as the series progresses, The other girl in the OP was really cute too. Oh and Makabe's mom was cute too. XDD

It was kinda funny to see Hayami Saori voice Kojuurou cause I don't think I remember her voicing a trap character before or maybe I just forgot. I totally thought Kojuurou was a girl cause of that, until I saw the pants. Traps these days. xDD

Classic protagonist saves girl from pinch situation scenario towards the end, though I didn't expect Aki to figure out who Makabe was already.
Well I'm interested, hopefully this'll be good.
Jan 5, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2015
So that little girl really her mother?! Hard to believe, that's for sure. And the "Revenge", it's revealed some at the flashback so what's left is the "process" of doing it, I guess?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 5, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2015
can't recall OP or ED but the soundtrack was pretty cool, considering i rarely notice bg music.
don't really have high hopes for the plot but this was a pretty decent first episode! i really like the animation ♡
Jan 5, 2017 9:09 AM

May 2015
Waifu_Material said:
can't recall OP or ED but the soundtrack was pretty cool, considering i rarely notice bg music.
don't really have high hopes for the plot but this was a pretty decent first episode! i really like the animation ♡
ithe anime's composer is this guy.
https://myanimelist.net/people/13115/Katou_Tatsuya obv its awesome.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 5, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2016
Jesus Christ, I never got used to the fact that his Mom is a loli, even after a couple of rereads of the manga.

If you haven't read the manga I say you're in for a treat. I do like the fact they didn't stray too far away from the original source but to be fair this is just the first episode.
Jan 5, 2017 9:14 AM

Jul 2015
Makabe went from Arita from Accel World to Kanye from Amagi, top 10 anime transformations material right there.

And looks like that Mugi found a successor! Yoshino's eyebrows are quality.

Solid start, nothing mindblowing, but it was a fun episode, looking forward for more.
Jan 5, 2017 9:19 AM
Apr 2015
RobertBobert said:
Quite old-fashioned plot and execution, but I liked it. But still, Saori Hayami plays a guy? Strange choice.
Kojyuuro is often mistaken for a guy anyways based off the manga's explanation so they probably wanted to go for a semi-trap in terms of seiyuu choice. Saori Hayami is definitely an interesting choice. For me, they probably could have used the seiyuu who played Gasper from High school DxD but either way hoping for good things to come.
Jan 5, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Enjoyable first episode, both main characters are so bad, in terms of personality. I feel sorry for the quiet girl.
Jan 5, 2017 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
Good first episode, but I can see it becoming boring and generic pretty quickly. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong
Jan 5, 2017 9:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Very enjoyable first episode, found myself laughing quite a few times during it (And LOL at the loli mom)

The MC is a funny dude but man I dunno how I feel about him and especially the main female. Like, I don't dislike them or anything, it's just that some of their traits are pretty unbearable at times (Like the main female being a huge bitch to guys that hit on her)

Still, it's nice to see someone that was picked on really turn his life around like that and even though he's kinda playing this perfect popular guy persona, he's not a bad dude and likewise with the main female who imo was at her best when she revealed herself to be a huge glutton (The irony there is great lol)

Should be a fun series overall and I'm really looking forward to see how the MC's plan works out (I wonder if she really figured out who he really is though xD) as well as to see more of the side characters/characters we haven't seen yet....So far the class rep and that other chick seem pretty likable

The OP was okay but that ED was pretty good btw....The visuals for this episodes were'nt bad at all either...And I'm hoping that this series gets adapted well especially since the manga is supposed to be ending really soon from what I heard
TokoyaJan 5, 2017 9:43 AM
Jan 5, 2017 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
Omg I get to hear Hanae saying all these ikemen lines for a whole season. And Hayamin playing his best friend??? I'm 100000x sold already. Also appreciated the surprise Lounsbery Arthur ^~^

The female lead is such a bitch though.
Jan 5, 2017 9:41 AM
Jun 2016
Hahaha seriously? He plans to have revenge just because of that? His reason alone was hilarious but petty. Hopefully, this show will get better and i'm enjoying it anyways. :D Going to enjoy this Winter Season!
Jan 5, 2017 9:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mariecat1 said:
Hahaha seriously? He plans to have revenge just because of that? His reason alone was hilarious but petty. Hopefully, this show will get better and i'm enjoying it anyways. :D Going to enjoy this Winter Season!
I don't think that it's that petty....As we saw in this episode, this chick is really cruel to guys and for a kid of his demeanor at the time (Being fat, and constantly picked on), stuff like that can really hurt emotionally

But I commend him for his drive to not only get her back, but to also better himself
Jan 5, 2017 9:47 AM
Jan 2016
From the synopsis I was afraid that the MC will be a self-centered jerk, but so far he's quite nice, even outside his "ikemen act". And the girl seems to not be as cold as expected, which is also nice. All in all, the first episode was good and the show has quite some promise.
Jan 5, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
JestemGosiek said:
No idea why does this have such a high score. It's pretty generic and really uninteresting. Everything from characters, their introduction, dialogues to theme songs is pretty meh.

Yeah because everyone has to have the same taste as you.
I'm not going to judge your taste about the anime but opening your anime list gave me aneurysm.

As for the show, I never got bored for the whole duration of the first episode and I am entertained. I enjoyed it and that's what matters.
Jan 5, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
Seems enjoyable so far. Haven't read the source material and all I had going off watching this was the synopsis on here but just from that the story as a whole seems really predictable. The first episode itself though was really good. Characters all have really good designs, the animation is terrific, love the uniforms and the OP and ED aren't half bad either.

Makabe seems nice enough for being an egotist at the end of the day, Adagaki was great when she was trying desperately to explain why she eats so much and the other side characters that got introduced look good enough. I'm looking forward to watching more, doubt i'll drop it which is a good thing.
Jan 5, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2012
TehDanimal said:
RobertBobert said:
Kojyuuro is often mistaken for a guy anyways based off the manga's explanation so they probably wanted to go for a semi-trap in terms of seiyuu choice. Saori Hayami is definitely an interesting choice. For me, they probably could have used the seiyuu who played Gasper from High school DxD but either way hoping for good things to come.

I do not know, after all her incredibly feminine roles, now I just can not perceive this character as a guy.
Jan 5, 2017 9:58 AM

Dec 2016
RobertBobert said:
TehDanimal said:

I do not know, after all her incredibly feminine roles, now I just can not perceive this character as a guy.

To be fair, they made Kojyuuro super girly looking in the anime but if they go by source material the author reminds you that he's a male and I think that's the "irony" of it all.
Jan 5, 2017 9:59 AM
Apr 2015
RobertBobert said:
TehDanimal said:
Kojyuuro is often mistaken for a guy anyways based off the manga's explanation so they probably wanted to go for a semi-trap in terms of seiyuu choice. Saori Hayami is definitely an interesting choice. For me, they probably could have used the seiyuu who played Gasper from High school DxD but eithexr way hoping for good things to come.

Sorry I meant he'said often mistaken for a girl. Wow I am bad.
Jan 5, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2012
Fun start. All their voices are pretty fitting for the characters.

We got best girl Neko in the OP and ED, looking forward to her introduction... but we also got fatty too, so not looking forward to that >_>

Digging the ED

Jan 5, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
The art is so gorgeous, I'm glad they kept the chara design
If it will be a full adaptation of the source material this anime will be great

Kojuurou best grill inc
Jan 5, 2017 10:06 AM
Aug 2015
One of the Series of Winter 2017 that I have been looking most forward to. I was impressed with the first episode, and it was left on a decent cliff hanger type ending. I just hope the rest of the episodes can be just as good.

On a sad note, I am really hoping that his plan works in embarrassing her, but I can see it panning out where they both end up falling in love with each other.
Jan 5, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
Is it just me? or this Aki person was far more badass and intriguing than Erina Nakiri ?
Jan 5, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Not really impressed so far. The series and the designs of the characters looks pretty, but apart of that, I found the episode just okay. I didn't laughed at any scene except at the end when main character's identity is apparently discovered and for the moment, the characters are meh, except main character, who is alright.
I don't expect this to be a masterpiece, and I understand not much will happen with just one episode aired, but I hope things gets a bit better, if anything, I wish that at least the series will end up being a funny timekiller like Nisekoi.

Highlights for the moment were the loli mom and that dude voiced by Saori Hayami.
IllyricusJan 5, 2017 10:21 AM
Jan 5, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2015
It just released today and it's already ranked 61. Nice!
Jan 5, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
Saediss said:
RobertBobert said:

To be fair, they made Kojyuuro super girly looking in the anime but if they go by source material the author reminds you that he's a male and I think that's the "irony" of it all.

Well, at least it's not Nakamura or Ono playing a manly girls: D. Okay, let's see how the character will develop further.
Jan 5, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
Chinatsu is me = eating junk food first thing in the morning.

I thought Makabe would be like 'Im the best' but I get why he is like this, kinda understand he wish for revenge but not sure if it will work haha probably there more to tell on Adagaki's side ^^

Idk why but I have a feeling the one who found who Makabe is was Yoshino haha Its a funny anime, Im excited for the next ep ^^
Jan 5, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
This was adapted very nicely! Very well done! :)
Jan 5, 2017 10:23 AM
Nov 2013
First new show of the winter season for me. Pretty fun romcom series, seems like a mixture of Oregairu and Haganai.

Adagaki seems like the most brutal tsundere I've seen a while. This show will definitely be fun to watch~
Jan 5, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2015
OK, I'm game. This could be fun stuff.
Jan 5, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2015
Decent first episode, the MCs were lame I expect more on the following episodes though I like the loli mom and Saori Hayami's character, was that a trap?. Looking forward for more.
Jan 5, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
"who the bloody hell is this chibi?" a moment later, "what!? she is his mother!?" lol
I'm gonna love this anime, very good amount of comedy in this episode lol.
Jan 5, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2009
AnimeCruiser said:

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.
Jan 5, 2017 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
The episode for this series as an introduction was pretty decent, as expected I thought they would have to make changes in order to make it work in a way. They did a bitch switcheroos in order for the ending to be more impactful for the main goal. They didn't changed much but they did somehow made it more... how to say, fitting in comparison? They still stayed to the manga sense but just a bit differently.

I like it as a person who has read the manga although I could see people disliking Makabe for two things: 1. His personality or 2. His backstory (it is rather cliche but when I read it I found myself enjoying this anyways)

Animation and Artstyle as expected is solid, I am expecting at least for it to keep it consistent throughout honestly, as I don't really want this to flop on it. I like the artstyle even though I would have prefered a bit towards the manga, but this works a lot. Simple, yet pretty nice.

Other than that, good start for this series. I can't wait for more for what's to come from later episodes.
Jan 5, 2017 10:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:
AnimeCruiser said:

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.

Those were all manga readers, i can already tell.
Jan 5, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
Just got around watching this on Crunchyroll, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would after I first initially posted on here and reading some comments here.
There was no Ecchi in the episode which was good enough for me as I am not a big fan, but that may come in later episodes. We did see the fan service bit in the opening.
Animation was good, from what you expect by the studio. I hope there is more to it than just of what I have seen so far. Oh and I really like the ED.

EDIT. Just noticed MAL does not consider it as Ecchi but a Harem. But on AniChart it said it's a Ecchi, Comedy, Romance, Slice of life.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.