Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, it's that bunny outfit again. Never ceases to amuse me whenever someone wears it...

Cute episode though. I just love how they decorate and give the characters something to think about:

Karen was also just adorable except for the part where she fell off the bridge. I think that must of hurt a bit...
May 17, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Summer time, and time to change outfit. Trying out stuffed animal and heated up. Touyama-san's English!!! For some reason, she's staying. Two British girls fighting for helping out. Main girl sad about not being able to get into bathroom together. She made up, I guess??

Showing two Btitish girls' relations. Young British girl studying Japanese immediately after main girl left and ignored young Touyama-san's character, who caught in little accident but was still saved by British girl.

Main girl worrying about the British girl to the extend that she didn't notice she's back!! lol~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 17, 2015 9:46 AM
Mar 2013
I never imagined I could have a chance to see this moment.

It was after midnight (JST) already and I thought of the upcoming Monday-morning blues. But now... Maybe I'll be okay today because It'll be golden. Anyway, Good night!
htsujiMay 17, 2015 10:16 AM
May 17, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2013
The feels in the second part of the episode. Lol Shino worrying about Alice after she's gone for half an hour.
May 17, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
That was a large amount of English being spoken!

Shino's gleeful face never gets old, she just looks really content.

Alice really is like a big sister to Karen. It was quite the sweet moment with Alice finding Karen like that, and also at the end with Alice being worried whenever Karen sprained her ankle.

The talk about who being which person's hero was also nice.
May 17, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
My home country has never looked so good! ^_^

Nice to see a backstory with Alice and Karen.
May 17, 2015 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, I've been able to figure out where the England parts of Kiniro Mosaic, and it's al thanks to that street sign. I'm sure most people know already, but it's set in a village in Gloucestershire called Bilbury. Seems like a nice little place to go to.
May 17, 2015 11:26 AM
May 2014
too much engrish, way too much, it was quite painful for the ears
May 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Jan 2012
Oh man the engrish was strong in this one, and also adorable! :D I'd watch an entire series of them speaking like that, complete with Karen's mom eating super yummy cake in front of her. :D Definitely my favorite Karen-heavy episode to date. Loved that last story with Alice saving her in particular. :)
May 17, 2015 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
as punishment Ill eat this yummy cake in front of you

Spare ME !!!!

May 17, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Shino's "If We have Karen on the wall she'll push me and I'll be in heaven" then Alice replying "it'll be hell" was friggin hilarious XD
May 17, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
I love Karen she is my favorite character!! great episode
May 17, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2010
So Karen fears her mother when she is angry.
Well seeing her father i guess one of the parents has to be strict on her.
Still she has a lot of moving space seeing she can just stay somewhere else overnight after a fight.
May 17, 2015 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
danieltortoisee said:
I'm sure most people know already, but it's set in a village in Gloucestershire called Bilbury.

Wow, I actually didn't know this. And following my inherent curiosity I used the wonders of Google to compare some of the locations from this episode.

Bilbury Court Hotel

Arlington Row

Fosse Farmhouse - It's located 30 miles away from Bilbury.

Couldn't find the bridge Karen fell off of.
mwsmws22May 17, 2015 1:29 PM
May 17, 2015 1:57 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This episode had more Engrish than any other episode ever

Thankfully it was Karen Engrish so that's not a bad thing
May 17, 2015 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
Karen is quite the spoiled brat, though it was wrong on her father's part to not own up to his necklace fail. Karen does have good manners around Shino's mom, though. It was cute when Karen helps clean up the dinner dishes and Alice feels she has to pitch-in.

The second half was adorable. Tōyama Nao does do a pretty good job with Karen's English lines.
May 17, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
The engrish is the best part of this show. I almost can't handle how cute it is.

May 17, 2015 5:04 PM
Mar 2014
That was some very impressive English from their voice actors. Their lessons have paid off. They still sound too Japanese though xD. I just think if they're gonna play English characters, they should use English actors for the part, at least the English parts.
May 17, 2015 6:20 PM

Sep 2014
alice really does care for karen! love when they held hands at the end!

and karen's opening...omg I just love karen...
May 17, 2015 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
muur1234 said:
That was some very impressive English from their voice actors. Their lessons have paid off. They still sound too Japanese though xD. I just think if they're gonna play English characters, they should use English actors for the part, at least the English parts.
but then it wouldn't be funny D:
May 17, 2015 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Touyama gotten good at her Engrish to be able to speak it that fast haha part B of the episode was like 80% English
May 17, 2015 8:13 PM

Oct 2012
Lol Karen's "10 more minutes mum." And then Alice goes like "Fine, you get 10 seconds, 1- zzzzzzzzzz" XD

Very cute episode, Karen is sooooooo cute~

Overall I loved the relationship shown between Karen and Alice.

As a side note I liked when they showed Youko's little brother and sister sleeping next to her, I dunno why I thought that was a nice touch
gust11May 17, 2015 8:17 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 17, 2015 9:13 PM

Mar 2009
The Engrish was out of control in this episode.
May 17, 2015 10:00 PM

Jun 2013
man Karen' mom engrish was jus terrible lol
May 17, 2015 10:05 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This Engrish was strong in this episode! Touyama Nao's rapidfire Engrish from the first part was totally impressive! Btw, the voice actors were really fluent with their English in the second part. And every single English/Engrish (yeah whatever xD) was super adorable! I'm going HHHNNNNNNNGGG-- all over it! <3

That punishment of eating that yummy cake in front of you. Oh, the torture...
May 17, 2015 11:16 PM

Aug 2011
Weekly Kiniro soooo hnnnnnnngh
Less Aya this week but Alice and Karen deserve the spotlight for this ep <3
May 18, 2015 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
omfg Karen neeeds to speak more english and everyone needs to speak less. Touyama Nao god tier
May 18, 2015 3:07 AM

Jan 2013
Anyday! Anytime! Any where!
Genki desu!
May 18, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2011
That extended Engrish was pretty awkward to listen to.
May 18, 2015 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant and friendly as usual, narratively I liked the episode, because it is given more depth to the relationship between Karen and Alice, but there was also time to advance the story. I really comical moments are not missed even this time. Very relaxing atmosphere, with designs quite as good quality. Beautiful colors that give joy and calm, this anime is really a blessing.

mwsmws22 said:
danieltortoisee said:
I'm sure most people know already, but it's set in a village in Gloucestershire called Bilbury.

Wow, I actually didn't know this. And following my inherent curiosity I used the wonders of Google to compare some of the locations from this episode.

Bilbury Court Hotel

Arlington Row

Tank you very very much, I did not know these places, thanks again for showing me. ;)
May 18, 2015 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Wow. Engrish moe overload over 9000!!
May 18, 2015 8:16 AM
Mar 2013
Mormegil said:

This episode had Japanese subtitles so that the most important main target audience had no problem to understand the story and Alice and Karen's conversation. Their lines were appropriately controlled to the audience.
I'm very sorry if you couldn't read the subtitle written in Japanese when you watched the original episode without English subtitles. But if so, it is a problem of your language ability. Not theirs.
In addition to this, if you watched the CR version that had the English subtitles CR superimposed on the Japanese letters, you should have no difficulty with this episode -- except when you couldn't read English either. Also, even if that was the case, it is still your problem, not theirs, I suppose.

I know most of you pleased with their cute Engrish lines and never meant to complain about the inaccuracy of them -- far from it! Still, the insinuating terms such as Engrish, Moon language are not preferable to many cases.
htsujiMay 18, 2015 9:04 AM
May 18, 2015 9:02 AM
Mar 2013
By the way, when Karen said it was okay even if she had a hundred guests, Alice answered back, "It sounds not very big for some reason."

That was a reference to a TV advertising by a storage shed maker. They says their sheds are so sturdy that even one hundred men can sit on the roof at a time.

A picture from the maker's website (http://www.inaba-ss.co.jp/).
htsujiMay 18, 2015 11:29 AM
May 18, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2015
mwsmws22 said:
danieltortoisee said:

Bilbury Court Hotel

Arlington Row

This is lovely, thank you! It's amazingly well done - someone obviously spent hours of their time making this look just the way it does in real life.

Once again, a nice episode. I kind of miss it when Aya and Youko don't get their screen time, but with the title of next week's, I have high hopes! Maybe they'll go to the beach this time...? It was a completely different approach, focusing on the relationship between Karen and Alice for once - you keep forgetting that they're from the same place and share a childhood. It's always nice having flashbacks in series like this - felt very natural.

Now, why is Sunday so far away...

May 18, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
mwsmws22 said:
danieltortoisee said:

Bilbury Court Hotel

Arlington Row

omg! It looks amazing.

Karen and her engrish :3 It's nice to see Alice and Karen's childhood times. I felt sad for a second, my poor Karen.
I laughed too much while Alice was counting to ten at waking time. I found myself at there xD
May 18, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
so much engrish in this episode, awesome.
May 18, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
This was probably the best episode since the musical episode from season 1.

The English parts were very well done. I had no trouble to understand most of them without reading the subs, except for the very fast spoken part.

Also Aya with her hair down...
SuryMay 18, 2015 11:07 AM
May 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2009
htsuji said:
Mormegil said:

This episode had Japanese subtitles so that the most important main target audience had no problem to understand the story and Alice and Karen's conversation. Their lines were appropriately controlled to the audience.
I'm very sorry if you couldn't read the subtitle written in Japanese when you watched the original episode without English subtitles. But if so, it is a problem of your language ability. Not theirs.
In addition to this, if you watched the CR version that had the English subtitles CR superimposed on the Japanese letters, you should have no difficulty with this episode -- except when you couldn't read English either. Also, even if that was the case, it is still your problem, not theirs, I suppose.

I know most of you pleased with their cute Engrish lines and never meant to complain about the inaccuracy of them -- far from it! Still, the insinuating terms such as Engrish, Moon language are not preferable to many cases.

lolwut. I'm not even complaining about it. And I watched it on Crunchyroll.
May 18, 2015 2:45 PM
Mar 2013
Mormegil said:

It's quite simple matter of politeness. There are some strong belief with the English and some other European language speakers that only their language is the righteous and civilized way for humans to communicate. This belief is so widely spread over the certain hemisphere of the Earth that even the scientists or mathematicians are reluctant to listen or pronounce non-European words. I don't know why but possibly it may be a kind of a religious freedom. These days, a certain country approved the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to justify good people's special activity against heretics. I wouldn't be surprised if CR becomes another 4Kids Entertainment in near future because considerable number of Western audience tend to pay few attention about this kind of matter because they don't pay respect to or even despise non-European language to begin with.
Do you think "Engrish", "Moon Speak" were coined to express politeness to someone?
htsujiMay 18, 2015 8:30 PM
May 19, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2012
Karen's 'NOOOO!' is the best line ever xD

It's great seeing more into Karen and Alice's relationship. The second half was so cute and so sweet! I'm going to grow heart shaped pupils at this rate <3
May 19, 2015 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
That was awesome! Karen is by far my favourite character and an episode filled with her is epic. Her mom's punishment was hilarious!!
May 19, 2015 5:44 AM

Mar 2014
Wow they have a lot of English conversation this time although is not that good but at least they said the whole sentence !!
May 19, 2015 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was way too cute. Really nice. Also the engrish is getting better, especially Karen's.

And wow, I'm amazed it's an actual location. I was thinking the background was really beautiful and I'm surprised it exists in real life - and it looks amazing! I'd like to go and visit such a place.
May 23, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2007
htsuji said:
Mormegil said:

It's quite simple matter of politeness. There are some strong belief with the English and some other European language speakers that only their language is the righteous and civilized way for humans to communicate. This belief is so widely spread over the certain hemisphere of the Earth that even the scientists or mathematicians are reluctant to listen or pronounce non-European words. I don't know why but possibly it may be a kind of a religious freedom. These days, a certain country approved the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to justify good people's special activity against heretics. I wouldn't be surprised if CR becomes another 4Kids Entertainment in near future because considerable number of Western audience tend to pay few attention about this kind of matter because they don't pay respect to or even despise non-European language to begin with.
Do you think "Engrish", "Moon Speak" were coined to express politeness to someone?

The word "Engrish" is used as a joke most of the time. And of course politeness doesn't go hand in hand with jokes. Jokes will almost always be offending to some people. If there is anything wrong with the way it is, it is the way we grew up in a "highly civilized society" that preaches freedom of speech that doesn't only negate anything that would give protection to others' culture, norms and religions, it encourages behaviors that are meant to be offending.

Despite knowing that, I still use that word being well aware that it may offend someone but my intentions are almost always to show my affection rather than demeaning someone. Coming back to the anime: God! I love their Engrish! It's incredibly sweet. I could listen to Karen and Alice conversing in Engrish all day long. <3

Disclaimer: This is not always the case, however. Sometimes I do use the word in the sole purpose to demean a character notably in shoujo anime when the girls in the class go "Kyaaa! A-kun's English pronunciation is so good!" when it simply isn't. There is difference in being fluent and being able to pronounce properly. =_=
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 28, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
Alice and Karen are so cute together! I wish we could see more of their past.
Jun 1, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
My weekly dose of Engrish strikes again! Lovely episode, I enjoyed those background stories from their past so much!
Jun 2, 2015 11:29 PM

May 2014
Hooooolllyyyyyy wow. This episode was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Engrish, Engrish, and more Engrish! It's so adorable <3 And that story of their child hood was sooooo sweet!

Really, really awesome episode ^.^
Jun 7, 2015 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Karen's so adorable!

Very funny episode. I enjoyed the flashbacks and the character's English.
Jun 10, 2015 5:58 PM

May 2013
Lol at Karen's penalty. Glad she's in good terms with her parents now.
Awesome flashback. The friendship of Alice and Karen is quite strong.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 14, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2010
Dat Karen OP <3

When Shino was so excited about having Karen sleep with her, and that she would still be in heaven if she fell on the ground lmao. And later that "Can't be helped, I will give you 10 secs. Ichi... *goes to sleep*" moment. double the lmao.

All that english, dat marvelous voice-acting (esp. on Karen's part) and dat sweet back-story. Just beautiful.

One of the best episodes of this show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

73 by Fumino_sakura »»
Sep 8, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

82 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 28, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

49 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 24, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

66 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 23, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

52 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 12, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.