3It was OK
3.9%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.6
740 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 2, 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
First episode leaked by Crunchyroll. They still haven't fixed the vulnerability issues yet sadly.

Animation is still gorgeous as usual after all these years on TV. Furthermore, the opening scenes featured the familiar tune as that matches with the style of the show. Kumiko is reintroduced again along with most of her classmates. Great to see Reina back and their teacher back too. Kumiko has the role of president here so she's in a leadership role.

Looks like they are aiming for the Nationals GOLD this year around. Exciting!

A great intro for the first episode imo.
Stark700Apr 2, 12:53 PM
Apr 2, 11:12 AM

Dec 2021
The GOATs, KyoAni, are back for their yearly production, and this year it's none other than the other GOAT after a long 7 years, Hibike Euphonium... for one last note.

Spring. Many prospective members come to join the Kitauji High School Concert Band, which has become a powerhouse. Although the Concert Band club now boasts nearly 100 members, there still seems to be a shortage of applicants for the euphonium section, as per every year, with only three new first-year students. As the club embarks on a new journey, the new club president, Kumiko, aims to unite the diverse personalities of the members and strive for their long-cherished goal of winning the Gold Award at nationals. For Kumiko, a third-year high school student, it marks the beginning of her final year.

People going from sports to performing arts or the other way around from middle to high school is probably not too uncommon, I know some people just want to try something new after years of doing the same thing. Again, the new members can be trained in the basics by the more experienced members, thus saving time from not having Taki have to teach all of them individually. This means less time faffing about with beginner pieces and more time working on the actual performance pieces.

Will this finally be the year Kitauji takes home the treasured Gold Award? Third time's the charm, eh?

You can really feel it though; this is it, this is THE final note of the show... let's see how it goes down.
IzanaSolosApr 7, 5:52 AM

Apr 2, 12:01 PM

May 2020
IDK who leaked it in Crunchyroll, but thanks. It's been a while, but my favorite anime is finally back. I could have just read the LN, but reading is not the same as seeing this masterpiece of an adaptation by a masterclass studio. Probably gonna re-watch all of it this week and watch the new episode again on the 7-th when it officially releases again.
Apr 2, 12:21 PM

Mar 2021
Fantastic first episode it's so great to see the band again and even better to see them able to gain new members.
Apr 2, 12:34 PM

May 2020
Unless each of those leaked episodes had a pre-screening or something, which quite honestly doesn't seem to be the case.. still could be wrong tho, it's actually really wild seeing what's happening with Crunchyroll. 

They handed the proceedings to their interns or something? 
Apr 2, 1:00 PM

Jul 2021
Crunchyroll did some early screening in Peutro Rico Comic con, apparently
Leaks are probably from there.
Apr 2, 1:19 PM
Oct 2020
Ok so we got a bunch of new members to start. Most notably a new Euphonium player that seems quite good

Apr 2, 2:31 PM
Jul 2015
I almost cried, its so good to be back, an amazing first episode.
Apr 2, 2:49 PM

Aug 2020
this episode has reminded me again of how much I've missed Kyoto Animation, and how much I miss Hibike! The whole dynamic is back together, and they are filled with even more resolve and passion for winning the Nationals, which i'm praying will happen.

Also that new eupho girl will def spice up the bass section, looks to be fun.

also 30 new trumpets, what a mood, wonder how long that'll last, though with Reina leading I know it'll be a long time.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 2, 3:10 PM

Jan 2018
LOL CR.

I'm so happy that Hibike Euphonium is back. We have waited for so long.
Apr 2, 4:37 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I don’t know who leaked it but whoever did, I thank you.

This episode reminds me that I really missed KyoAni, Hibike! Euphonium as a whole, and our characters within such as Reina and Kumiko. I missed that warm, lively feeling and I am so so happy that Hibike! Euphonium 3 is back.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Apr 2, 4:42 PM
Jan 2021
OMAGAAAA AFTER 8 YEARSSSSSSSSSSSS
Apr 2, 5:13 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
So glad this new season happened, the cast really makes me happy and I loved everyone in it.
Apr 2, 5:27 PM

May 2015
The wait is finally over!!! Man I've been looking forward to this.
Apr 2, 5:58 PM

Apr 2022
yet another leak, and kumiko and the gang are back. good to see kyoani visuals again.
Apr 3, 2:21 AM

Jul 2015
First Konosuba, now Euphonium.
Oh, boi. Somebody at Crunchyroll is getting fired.

Apr 3, 4:25 AM

Nov 2016
I'm less excited for more Hibike Euphonium than I am to experience the beauty of Kyoto Animation once again. A rare treat.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 4:28 AM

Feb 2021
WAIT WHAT I HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP YET WAIT
Apr 3, 7:53 AM
Jan 2021
I am so happy that we are back for yufo. But there is this brewing heaviness in my chest while watching the episode. I don't want to think about the worst possible outcome... but bro, I can feel it in my bones.
Apr 3, 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
Kumiko and co are in their third years, time sure flies or were rushed to fly. Good to see she has others from the club in her new class and Michie sensei as their homeroom teacher. She gave some nice advice. The club members loudly replying to her good morning though. Will Motomu and Midori be a thing soon this season? Nice Kumiko and Reina moment too. Who was that with Taki sensei btw?

Lots of new member for the club again but as usual the bass section gets a handful and also as usual they are eccentric as well. One of them is Tsubame's sister too. She seems like a fun one. Midori using the glasses and keeping the tradition, good girl.

Once again with the new members arrival, the club prez has to do her thing and just like her predecessors, Kumiko once again asked the question. It's winning the gold and getting first place in nationals again.

With that let the new season and their final year begin. A mysterious girl playing euphonium at the end, who's she? Really hoping they'll win it this year. Even though they already should have with Asuka senpai and others. I miss them so much.

I just love KyoAni so much. Good to have this back, though not too excited after how the previous movies went. Hopefully things will be better this time around.
MegamiRemMay 12, 2:23 PM
Apr 3, 8:59 AM

Nov 2023
It's back finally. Let's go!

One of my fav kyoani shows ^_^
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Apr 3, 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
Win the gold this time
Apr 3, 11:26 AM

May 2019
Kyoani is back baby! There are a lot of new faces and I'll surely missed the previous seniors now that it's the last year for Kumiko and co in the ensemble club. Kumiko still the same floof but also more assertive now that she's the president alongside her girlfriend Reina and Shuuichi. You gotta love to see how cheeky Kaede gets whenever she's around Kumiko. New euphonium on the horizon signify the beginning of the next piece.

Apr 3, 1:48 PM

Nov 2009
If you come here straight from Hibike! Euphonium 2 and confuse why they skip Kumiko's second year....

The event of second year was showed in following movies and OVA. Make sure to watch them first. Especially, Chikai no Finale.

Chikai no Finale
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35678/Hibike_Euphonium_Movie_3__Chikai_no_Finale

Liz to Aoi Tori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35677/Liz_to_Aoi_Tori

Ensemble Contest-hen
https://myanimelist.net/anime/51995/Hibike_Euphonium__Ensemble_Contest-hen

Apr 3, 2:03 PM

May 2015
Reply to Marina2
If you come here straight from Hibike! Euphonium 2 and confuse why they skip Kumiko's second year....

The event of second year was showed in following movies and OVA. Make sure to watch them first. Especially, Chikai no Finale.

Chikai no Finale
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35678/Hibike_Euphonium_Movie_3__Chikai_no_Finale

Liz to Aoi Tori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35677/Liz_to_Aoi_Tori

Ensemble Contest-hen
https://myanimelist.net/anime/51995/Hibike_Euphonium__Ensemble_Contest-hen

@Marina2 Liz Aoi Tori should be before Chikia no Finale in watch order
Apr 3, 7:56 PM

Jun 2022
It's been a while but I'm so glad that this is back! Still as beautiful as ever!
Apr 3, 11:37 PM
Nov 2018
A new season feels like a friend who you talk to once every 5 years, and each time you meet up its like they never left.
Apr 4, 8:37 AM
Oct 2023
Here we go kyoAni is back again with beautiful artwork, love to see kumiko again her character really grown so much.
Apr 4, 12:33 PM
Jan 2020
KUMIKOKUMIKOKUMIKO!!1
Apr 4, 2:42 PM

May 2020
And so, one of the best shows from Kyoto Animation (along side with Haruhi Suzumiya, Miss Kobayash's Dragon Maid and K-On!) finally returns. I missed it so much, I'm glad it's here so it can conclude the wonderful Kumko's journey. I have to say one things I found very disappointing about this series is that they rushed the second year of highschool for I don't know what reason, just compiling an all year in a 90 min long movie. But nonetheless maybe they can do the third year justice with season 3. The new student Mayu seems she's going to be the highlight or one of the highlights of this season but I can be wrong about it, but anyway she's cute af (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Apr 4, 2:54 PM

Mar 2023
We're so back. I missed KyoAni shows and Hibike.
Apr 4, 4:05 PM
Oct 2018
Reply to Joshhhp
And so, one of the best shows from Kyoto Animation (along side with Haruhi Suzumiya, Miss Kobayash's Dragon Maid and K-On!) finally returns. I missed it so much, I'm glad it's here so it can conclude the wonderful Kumko's journey. I have to say one things I found very disappointing about this series is that they rushed the second year of highschool for I don't know what reason, just compiling an all year in a 90 min long movie. But nonetheless maybe they can do the third year justice with season 3. The new student Mayu seems she's going to be the highlight or one of the highlights of this season but I can be wrong about it, but anyway she's cute af (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ
@Joshhhp
There are two movies and an OVA on the second year
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Apr 4, 5:53 PM

Nov 2019
Now imagine you won't have new episodes for the next two weeks

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 4, 9:27 PM
Apr 2022
Geez, you guys also forgot about Tsurune?
Second season like a mere 6 months ago??

It was an animation masterpiece.

Of course, glad to see Hibike Euphonium back as well!
Apr 5, 1:11 AM

May 2020
Reply to ChrisTries
@Joshhhp
There are two movies and an OVA on the second year
@ChrisTries I know about the other movie, but I haven't watched the OVA (>'-'<)

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Apr 5, 5:07 AM
Dec 2022
Never change kumiko, never change.
Apr 5, 8:18 PM

Aug 2020
Oh I didn't expect that lol I'll watch them soon.

Apr 6, 5:36 PM
Mar 2019
Such a beautiful first episode. The band is aiming high so go for gold,guys!!! Also, if there is one reason for people to jump in Euphonium, it's this for me: Kyoto Animation. That's a game changer. I'm all in.
Apr 6, 9:20 PM
Jan 2018
Omg, it’s finally here! My spirit animal/character, Kumiko!! 🥰
Apr 7, 3:42 AM

Nov 2010
  • I don't remember anything about the series.
  • The character design is beautiful, but all the faces seem the same again.
  • The introduction of trumpet by Takina is edgy.
  • oh, I recalled the line at the ending: "and the next music begins"
kuroneko99Apr 7, 4:02 AM
Apr 7, 3:50 AM
Sep 2022
it feels great to see the familiar faces after years!
however maybe the pace feels a little bit fast
Apr 7, 3:59 AM

Jan 2016
We are so back with imo the best KyoAni drama yet!! The visuals are amazing as always, really happy to see them back at full force.

Hearing Kurosawa Tomoyo as Kumiko again makes me tear up...
Apr 7, 4:05 AM

Apr 2014
The Peakbike is back. It was very great from the first episode. I really miss them a lot.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 4:27 AM

Jul 2012
I was waiting so long for Hibike to come back! Finally!!!
Nothing crazy in the 1st episode, the introduction to the season.
Kumiko-Reina interactions are the best!
Sapphire grew so much oO
The tone of the famous Kumiko's phrase is concerning.
Apr 7, 4:34 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
It was worth it to watch the first two seasons in 2 weeks.
I'm hyped for the 3rd season, good first episode.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 7, 4:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well the senpai are gone but it seems like they are replaced by a group of new characters who seem nice making me wonder how they will add to this series.
For now it looks pretty good and i am happy to see this again.
Let's hope on another nice season.
Apr 7, 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
Season 3 of Sound! Euphonium is here! Rewatched the series recently and while season 1 was fine, season 2 was way too forced, contrived and melodramatic and the movie and Ensemble Contest that took place later were way too rushed with so many new characters and things covered that made me feel lost with characters at times. So my expectations for season 3 really wavered, as a season focused more on growth and unity towards making progress to winning gold at Nationals in Kumiko's final year and less melodrama dragged out with irrelevant side characters would be preferable and make it a better season.

And overall, this was a solid start. Again, got to know new characters that have joined the club for a new year with Kumiko as the president now. Can't imagine how lost some people would be if they didn't watch both the Ensemble Contest and OVA. But with recruiting new members, Kumiko looking forward to her final year as president and Reina reaffirming her goal to win with Taki-sensei, it does give off the weight of being a big season for the club to finally accomplish their goal if they can. The pacing in the buildup to this season has been really poor, but this episode itself was fine and let stuff breathe, which I like. No unnecessary drama, nice interactions with Kumiko and Reina, got to know some new characters with eccentric, bubbly personalities and the animation from KyoAni looked really good as usual for them.

Please keep it focused on growth as a club and show their developments and performances to see how far the club has come. Don't want certain performances being skipped like season 2 or really dragged out melodrama with Kumiko magically involved or finding out about everything through always being at the right place, at the right time. Then this season might have promise again.
Apr 7, 5:40 AM
Dec 2018
30 seconds in and I feel I missed KyoAni more than I realised. The archery show was alright, but nothing spectacular, and Dragon Maid S2 while great wasn't really classic KyoAni in style. This is pure classic KyoAni injected directly into my eyeballs.
Apr 7, 6:38 AM
Jun 2021
Peak has returned and it feels as good as ever!
Apr 7, 6:47 AM
Oct 2022
Amazing animation, I love this series and Kyoto Animation work
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 28

84 by DaveSG »»
Sep 22, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

111 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Sep 12, 2:10 PM

» Hitotose no Uta or Liz to Aoi Tori, which one is better?

ryuka23 - Sep 3

10 by iAckey »»
Sep 10, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

338 by BlitzAceSamy »»
Sep 7, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 19

74 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Aug 29, 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.