Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 1:29 AM

May 2020
I mean look, we got introduced to these characters which are now second year in that sequel movie itself, so there isn’t much reason to care about them tbh, so I’d rather if they kind of focus more on old characters and do make sure they don’t miss the gold this time around as well. But this series being this series, of course we can’t be done without drama this easy.

Pouring this sudden surge of information about this one character who was… just there, just there in the background all this time will not help anyone with suddenly caring about him, and his sour relationship with his grandad(?). I think good for Midori, she didn’t lose her partner.

We didn’t even get to see a single minute of their sunrise festival performance, but rather this unneeded drama with that short guy Motomu took the entire screen time, like why lol. How could we start caring for him, and his sad family background when we used to know the bare minimum about him just until the episode before this lmaooo. Anyways, good this lasted for just a single episode too.
Apr 28, 2:47 AM

Nov 2010
  • Motomu: Don't call me by family name!
    Midori: Don't call me by real name!
  • It's kind of suggestive, isn't it, him to ask the tune to play with her?
    It's Salut d'Amour by Elgar.
Apr 28, 3:56 AM

Jul 2017
This was a weak episode but to be fair, better than what I would have expected from season 2. Don't care at all for the Motomu stuff and how someone else randomly told Kumiko once again problems a supporting character is going through (at least this time it was on purpose as Higuchi was worried about Motomu and felt like the president of the club being in the know should be alright). It wasn't interesting whatsoever and the lack of real buildup and interest I had for Motomu's character as the setup for this made this really suck, similar to how I felt about the stuff with Mizore and Nozomi at the start of season 2 when I barely knew who they were when their drama started (this was before Liz and the Blue Bird even released too). At least it was resolved quickly in this episode itself through an earnest conversation with Motomu and Kumiko without dragging itself out for way too long like a majority of season 2. It is very rushed but honestly with something like this, being rushed is more beneficial than wasting too much time on this. And the contrabass performance at the end was nice, even if brief. It is still really hard to care for all these new characters beyond season 1 and the drama that everyone is going through in their lives, and would rather focus on the improvement that the band itself needs to showcase to get to the national heights they want to get to.

Another thing I really didn't like once again about this franchise, was the festival performance not being shown at all. I know Kyoto Animation chooses one real performance to visually animate with all their hearts and make it look gorgeous, but I would be okay with waiting for more time if more performances can be shown, even in montage form for ones like this. Season 2 had the buildup to nationals only to not show their performance as well as the others to not show the levels that Kitauji are facing and showing the viewers how exactly they need to improve to get the gold that they are all looking for. This isn't an official competition but feels like a missed opportunity in giving these new characters that are all suddenly on the screen the spotlight with some cool shots of what they can bring to the table with this march. Not quite the fan of the priorities in this episode but this is a drama-heavy and drama-focused anime so it isn't very surprising either. Overall, this visually looks good but the content did not wow me whatsoever.
Apr 28, 4:02 AM

Apr 2010
This was a good episode with a sad story behind it.
Well hopefully Motomu will have a better relationship with his grandfather and and friend after this.
Losing someone is always hard especially if it's someone close to you.

It was also nice seeing Kumiko's friend again who was full of energy leading her school.
Apr 28, 4:05 AM

Jan 2016
Wow... they completely skipped the Sun Rise Festival performance, seeing the fruits of their practice is what I like the most in this anime. Very disappointed.
I worry because of how rushed this is

What's with all the deceivings in this season lol. From the preview from last episode I bet everyone thought Motomu had confessed his love to Midori... I just can't trust anything anymore.
So to him Midori is an older sister existence, thats very cute
Apr 28, 4:13 AM
Jun 2019
kanade so annoying
Apr 28, 4:26 AM

Mar 2023
I'm glad they're finishing development for some of the just hinted character issues in previous instalments. Motomu was an obvious issue they haven't gone over yet and now it's done and I can see where the character is coming from. I liked the use of lighting and nature in the last 5 minutes.
Apr 28, 4:36 AM
Mar 2018
What a beautiful tearjerker of an episode!

I'm glad we finally get to learn Motomu's backstory, especially in regard to his sister's tragic passing (and complicated school life). Of course, Kumiko would be able to help him come to terms with the situation and speak his mind. Just as I've said in past reviews, and as Kanade says in the episode: Kumiko has really come into her own since she became the club's president!

We didn't get to see the Sunrise Festival performance, but they more than made up for it with the ending credits.
Apr 28, 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Was alrdy expecting skipping Sunrise performance or just getting some small glimpse of it. Wish they'd show some talk between Kumiko and Azusa.
Something was always going with Motomu and now it quickly resolved. Kinda weird how he just decides to open up to Kumiko, i guess just for the mc factor.
Kumiko's reactions are always the best and intereactions with Reina.
Lots of Sapphire time =/
Apr 28, 4:56 AM

Mar 2021
Good episode but I wished that we got to see more focus on the sunrise festival and less focus on a glorified background character.
Apr 28, 4:57 AM

Mar 2021
azerezez said:
kanade so annoying

I agree something just seems off about her
Apr 28, 5:17 AM
Jan 2023
Admittedly, this was the weakest episode so far this season for eupho standards, but it was still fine overall. The lack of one last SunFes performance stings, but I think the ED made up for it.

The thing about the future performances is that I don't think it's worth seeing the required and free pieces played more than once since that would take away from the final performance at Nationals - unless of course there's a reason to show them like different soloists, if any, between performances. While this should mean more time for the SunFes and other miscellaneous performances, I want to place some level trust in KyoAni that the apparent lack of performances is so the characters and melodrama can be developed and given closure as much as possible given only 13 eps.

In an ideal world, we'd get to see everything across two cours again, but from my perspective as someone with no knowledge of the source material, I don't think we need to see everything. While I enjoy the performances as a musician myself, the main things that need closure this season are Kumiko's future plans (and how Reina is involved in that), Mayu's purpose in the story, and Kitauji at Nationals. For the last point, assuming we're building up to one last hoorah for the performance at Nationals, I think it's logical to cut the performances at prefecturals and/or regionals and show progress through practice, bootcamp, etc. It still would be nice to see at least one side performance though.
Apr 28, 5:50 AM
Aug 2022
Kumiko getting jumpscared every 5 seconds is actually really relatable, people may see that as your typical anime moment were they make the moment over the top and funny.

But it’s actually hella realistic. When your lost in thought it’s easy to get jumped like that. I’ve had that happen to me way too many times.
Apr 28, 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
GOAT AS ALWAYSSS KYOANIIIIIII YYOOOOOOO
Apr 28, 6:22 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Reecey91
Good episode but I wished that we got to see more focus on the sunrise festival and less focus on a glorified background character.
@Reecey91 It is a shame they are skipping content indeed.
Apr 28, 6:24 AM
Mar 2019
There's a little bit more of character development from minor characters here, and I'm wondering why that is the case. Perhaps there is a major storyline down the line that involves knowing their particular insights? Hmm...
Apr 28, 6:45 AM
Oct 2021
That episode was truely beautiful
Apr 28, 7:03 AM
Sep 2016
the goat anime of season
Apr 28, 7:10 AM
Sep 2016
- Holy cow, what are the chances that Azusa would end up as a buchou as well?
- I knew it! The moment I realized Gen-sensei's a Tsukinaga back in Chikai no Finale, I knew that he'd be related to Motomu. I originally thought him to be his dad tho.....
- Once again, history repeats itself. This time a combination of Kumiko x Mamiko's history with the consequence of Asuka's family issue, together projected into Motomu's issue.
- Seriously, at this point I'd believe if anyone ever say that Kumiko is a witch..... Any problem surfaces, Kumiko says abracadabra, problem solved immediately the next day.
- Reina-senpai, maji angel!!!! (Reina having Kaori x Yuuko flashback)

I'm actually rather concerned for the next year. Kumiko's year are so freaking dominant, with Reina as the demonic drum major, Motomu literally imprinting on Midori, Kumiko (and apparently Mayu) as the only ppl that can control Kanade, Kumiko solving everyone's problems, etc., that it's entirely possible that Kitauji Suisou-gakubu is currently entirely dependent on the existence of Kumiko's year that they won't survive the post Kumiko's graduation.
uncleqrowApr 28, 7:15 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 28, 7:19 AM
Senpai

May 2021
sweet episode, but we need more music now. Less drama please :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 28, 7:22 AM
Apr 2021
I hope Kyoto Animation executes the final season very well and maintains the pace of the story. It's not nice to change the story so it's too short and rushed because it's running for 13 episodes.

Actually, I prefer Kyoto Animation to increase the number of episodes or duration per episode, rather than ruining the results of this final season. This doesn't ruin my enthusiasm for waiting the new episode every week
rahezApr 28, 7:27 AM
Apr 28, 7:23 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Reecey91
azerezez said:
kanade so annoying

I agree something just seems off about her
@Reecey91 Eee... But that's exactly what make her great tho.... She's just being playful... maybe a lil sado....
What, I might be a maso you'd say? I swear I'm not a maso tho.... Well, I was never tested, but I can assure you that I'm not one.... most likely... probably... kind of not...?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 28, 7:31 AM

May 2015
"When did we even become senpais, anyway?"

A few more years slip by just like that Midori, and one day you will find yourself to be called okasan by someone dear to you.

IshitatesoApr 28, 7:37 AM
Apr 28, 7:51 AM

May 2019
As much as I like how Kumiko and her friends to be more senpai like and care about all of the club members as a responsible preident, this has to be probably the weakest episode since this episode almost exclusively about Motomu and after this ep he is pretty much over so we can move on to the other younger members. At least I got to see the dynamic between Kumiko, Kanapii and Mayu, it's all good.

Apr 28, 9:18 AM
Apr 2021
My favorite part of the first season was the Sunrise Festival. Looks like they skipped it this season...
Apr 28, 10:04 AM

Feb 2014
It was a shame that the Sunrise Festival performance got skipped, but I know that not everything is going to be shown.

Besides, it was good that Motomu got some much needed screentime and development and this episode did a pretty good job at it. His grandfather is the man responsible for getting Ryusei high School into the nationals in the Chikai no Finale movie, pipping Kitauji in the process and you can see how difficult it was for Motomu to be near him, let alone try and communicate.

Both Kumiko and Midori did well in their respective approach in knowing more about his situation and helping him to take that needed step for him to grow as a character and end the awkward position he has himself in. Thankfully, it did work out, as he did talk to his grandfather again, mainly to confirm that he'll be staying at Kitauji.

The duet that he played with Midori at the end was a nice touch to end the episode on. It's not the strongest episode so far in this 3rd season, but I still liked it nonetheless.
Apr 28, 10:20 AM
Jul 2017
I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. Could someone please indicate the name of the song that was played at the end of the episode on the violoncello by Midori and Motomu?
Apr 28, 11:06 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to Ryushindai
Wow... they completely skipped the Sun Rise Festival performance, seeing the fruits of their practice is what I like the most in this anime. Very disappointed.
I worry because of how rushed this is

What's with all the deceivings in this season lol. From the preview from last episode I bet everyone thought Motomu had confessed his love to Midori... I just can't trust anything anymore.
So to him Midori is an older sister existence, thats very cute
@Ryushindai

@LyLord

This season is really rushed. There is no arc, only episodic stories. But hey, we are 1/3 in the season and theres the local, regional AND national contests to do... not forgetting the summer training camp... there's just too many damn thing to put in a single season. If they dont finish it, seeing how unpopular it is, I am guessing there wont be any sequels.

Scary...
Apr 28, 11:43 AM
Mar 2015
Another piece joins the band
Apr 28, 12:32 PM

Nov 2023
I never thought Motomu is thinking Midori as his sister.

Well, very emotional episode. Motomu's backstory is very touching.

And the ending of the episode is just brilliant with good music. And them playing together. ^_^

Anime of the season for me.
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 28, 2:06 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to DanielDLJ
I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. Could someone please indicate the name of the song that was played at the end of the episode on the violoncello by Midori and Motomu?
@DanielDLJ "Salut d'Amour" composed by Edward Elgar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0A4lbdz4g
Apr 28, 3:48 PM

Nov 2021
The use of lighting in this episode was absolutely gorgeous
Apr 28, 4:14 PM
Aug 2020
once again, i enjoyed this episode

so many things to manage to get the best of eveybody...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 28, 4:35 PM

Mar 2016
I have very mixed feelings but they’re notably much more positive compared to everything else this week not counting Jellyfish Can’t Swim. That being said, this was probably the weakest episode so far.

First at all, i didn’t realize they skipped the SunRise performance until the episode ended, so it really sucks that they skimmed over that part, but they’ve had to do compromises with this before, so I’m not too surprised. However, as much I know some people here would’ve at least liked a montage of that performance, I don’t think inserting a PowerPoint slideshow of something that still isn’t THE big performance, as much as they’ve put their hearts into practicing for it, is something Kyoto Animation would want to do, because that by itself would be still compromising as well as going against their virtue as an animation studio with working standards to live up to.

Secondly, I seen people complain about the drama with this series, and to put it frankly, I think with shows like this, melodrama is subjective, and I’m not gonna act like Euphonium is foolproof in that regard. Contrary to what I’ve seen from others, I actually found the dramatic bit with Nozomi and Mizore in s2 a lot more substantial and effective, even if rough around the edge. I feel like people taking issue with it at the time (including me the first time watching) probably don’t comprehend the circumstances with all the individuals involved and why it went as complicated as it did. Hell, Kumiko wasn’t even the one to ultimately resolve it herself as a typical script would’ve went.
Here in s3 with Motomu, though, while I didn’t dislike it, I didn’t feel that much from it, and I sure don’t think it’s better than the cases with s2, because we didn’t get enough time with him to have as much empathy as his character segment would suggest otherwise. I even would’ve liked to see him talking to his grandfather and his former schoolmate instead of having it off screened. Yes, I understand having this done in one episode would allow for more room to accommodate future story developments and the band performances better, but it felt lacking in weight as a result. At the very least, I liked that it firmly established Motomu’s ties with Midori/Sapphire-chan.

If this is the worst the season can get, then I’m not at all worried about the rest given KyoAni’s rep.
RyuseishunApr 28, 4:38 PM
Apr 28, 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Well, there is a funny "duality" here: the main thing feels like a secondary one, but the big deal is the events are happening on 2nd plane. The Tsukin -- Motomu's plot I feel slack of relevant here because it is a thing started in the Chikai Finalle movie, and even there, him plot was treated using the classical Euphonium's tool for dev parallel stuff; so, even I had watched it not long ago, it feels like "Okay... Why it turned out to be the big deal?", but I am not speaking it was a bad thing, just a strange sensation because the media structure's contrast; but I liked Midori gained some focus here since she was almost forgot since s2, like Hazuki (there is the OVA and little stuff on the movie, but it was most tangent than the Midori' stuff).
But the strange feeling is explained further due the other event was happening, that, for me, seems more important than the main focus of this episode: the new Eupho girl I don't remember the name. I think since the opening episode the tv show has been showing us some conflict (maybe around epi 8, I dunno, just my guessin') that will happen between Kumiko and the new girl; on the first two or three epi it seems like would be only at the musical skill plane, but, now, it looks like might be more like a """political""" one; those little favors she did appeared maybe were because she is trying to win sympathy from the others like she is trying to steal the Kumiko's position, I dunno, I was more thinking about it than the main thing on this episode.
Apr 28, 5:43 PM

May 2021
Really enjoyed this week's episode. Like pretty much everyone else I'm quite sad that they didn't actually give us a SunFes performance. I was so excited to see them play but alas.

Animation was beyond great this week, a few standout scenes that just prove that KyoAni is on the next level. Per usual I'm happy we got a scene of Kumiko and Reina with the face squishes and all. Midori and Motomu were due for a focused episode so I'm also happy they got some time.

MAN I'm looking forward to next week, I'm still getting over no SunFes this time around. I would've loved to see Reina's drum major performance next to Asuka's. Maybe one day
Apr 28, 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
Disappointed that there was no performance shown of the Sunrise fes... that was very bad in my opinion.

A very good episode in terms of the drama that Euphonium tends to give us, and this time it's a crisis averted in every episode. Was really wondering when would Motomu get his own episode to know a bit more about him. I actually realized in this episode that Kanade *knows* that Genichiro Tsukinaga is a relative of Motomu, that's why she is always bullying him with his last name. This gremlin knows everything...

Also, Midori and Motomu look good and cute together. Waiting for fanservice next episode, we are getting fanservice TRUST ME BRO (Rikka fans got served up very well this episode)
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 28, 6:29 PM

Oct 2016
Why would you show all the training for the festival and then skip it? That's what I didn't like about the second season, along with the dramatic presentation and sidetracking with side characters. This season seems to go in the same direction but at least the presentation isn't as melodramatic, and it's paying off from the rushed third movie.
Apr 28, 6:34 PM

Aug 2020
This episode showed a little more of Motomu's background. The loss of his sister and his relationship with Genichirou, his grandfather.

Carrying the Tsukinaga surname holds its weight as well. I wanted to see more of Azusa and the Sunrise concert that was cut. Also, more of Kuroi, she is kinds mysterious in my opinion.

Apr 28, 6:49 PM

Oct 2014
1. Best episode of the season so far. Motomu's backstory finally gets told. I got teary at the sister business and I think Motomu & Midori's surrogate sister relationship is beautiful. Motomu's behavior from last year to the present all makes sense now. He feels more like a real member of the bass group now that all the secrets are out.

2. Yeah, Sunrise fest should've had a minute of actual playing -- but it seems Sunrise always has some last-second surprise and the tradition was upheld this time by that guy running over and interacting with Motomu. We also got the traditional scene featuring Kumiko's friend from middle school.

General comments for S3 four episodes in:

1. Maya's turning out to be a really nice character addition so far. I love her demeanor and friendliness and the sewing bit was cute. Hope there's nothing nasty waiting in the wings -- like, maybe too many really good euphonium players? Hope that piece they chose makes good use of multiple euphoniums or there's gonna be trouble on the horizon methinks. Or else the sudden abundance of eupho power is what blasts them into national contention? :)

2. Kanade-chan is my fav character after Kumiko. I love her teasing and her va is doing a perfect job. There's no doubt in my mind she should be club prez after Kumiko (though in retrospect she'd likely make a better vice-prez). In fact, I look forward the most to any scene involving Kanade more than any other character, including Kumiko (because Kumiko is going be in most scenes regardless).

3. Would like to see more of Reina, Shuuichi and Ririka-chan. Ririka was a delightful bonus character in Liz & the Blue Bird and I had hoped to see more of her in Chikai (but didn't).

4. Bandana-chan (Yayoi) and double hair-horn chan (Suzume) are hilarious. Good adds.
8oomerApr 28, 6:55 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Apr 28, 8:37 PM
Apr 2022
So, a pattern emerges....

DOnt you guys get the plotline emerging here? Instead, Wah wah, drama this and that. Lol.

Intrapersonal dramas that can impact on the music expressed.....Kumiko slowly makes her way through the band mates, resolving them.

Then soon, theres guaranteed to be interpersonal dramas, likely between new girl Mayo and Kanade, you notice Kanade has her cat claws out, and Mayo have been stinging like a jellyfish, both subtly stabbing at each other behind smiles. Of course Kumiko will resolve this.

And then, the orchestra, now unified, are able to play to their fullest potential and so goes on to WIN the final competition.

Now go put up your pretyped 8.5 review rating and say how predictable this plot is. I already put out the synopsis for you
Apr 28, 8:49 PM
Oct 2021
I'm surprised at some of the people's reaction to this episode.

This episode was centered around Motomu, but he wasn't the focus. This season is about the band stiving to win at nationals of course, but it (and the whole show) is about Kumiko, and in this season it's about Kumiko's role as president and her struggle to overcome her insecurities as a leader (as well as balancing school and club life, thinking about the future, etc). Motomu himself was on the screen maybe 1/4th of the episode, and his story is really just a means to show Kumiko's growth as president.

In the last episode, she had a suspicion that something was wrong, but it took Suzume approaching her to tell her what's going on, and Ririka presenting the opportunity for her to step in. This time, she and Midori took the initiative to get more information and try to resolve the situation themselves. She's growing as a leader.

If anything, compare this to the Nozomi and Mizore arc, when Kumiko was there but didn't have any impact whatsoever. Yes, in the end it ties back to Kumiko, but it was mostly four episodes centered around these two characters, and they were the focus.

Skipping SunFes is disappointing, but it's completely understandable. It's an event that's inconsequential to the goal of winning nationals, and thematically it's unimportant to the story that the new first years have gotten better (and we already know that the main cast is skilled). Reina's clearly a strict but competent leader; her leadership is not her struggle, therefore the results of her instructions are not nearly as important as Kumiko's.

I agree that it'd be nice if they spread out the last year into two cours, but considering that we're not, the decisions made in this episode made sense to me.
Apr 28, 9:01 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Marsen-P
@Ryushindai

@LyLord

This season is really rushed. There is no arc, only episodic stories. But hey, we are 1/3 in the season and theres the local, regional AND national contests to do... not forgetting the summer training camp... there's just too many damn thing to put in a single season. If they dont finish it, seeing how unpopular it is, I am guessing there wont be any sequels.

Scary...
@Marsen-P Err, not sure what you're on about, the show is very popular in Japan.
I hope you're not using MAL to extrapolate popularity of an anime...
Apr 28, 10:00 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
An episode I was not expecting, titled "Kimi to no Etude" (Etude with You), gives us Motomu's backstory amidst the club's attendance of SunFes. Specifically, we get to see Motomu's relationships with his grandfather - dubbed "Gen-chan sensei", the beloved concert band advisor for Ryusei Academy, and former classmate, Higuchi, become issues that affect his demeanor in the club. Midori, who is closest to Motomu as his contrabass senpai, catches on and tries to get Motomu to open up to her without success. Once again, Kumiko ends up playing the role of conflict-resolver and we learn about the importance of Motomu's sister to him, and how Motomu did not want to trouble Midori because he sees his sister's love for concert band in her.

Lots of great moments this episode, including an appearance of Azusa, who we learn is now the concert band president of Rikka, much like how Kumiko is for Kitauji. Mayu backing up Kumiko to get Kanade to begin practice and stop ranting about Motomu presents us her high EQ and worthiness of the "Mama" nickname, (we also got her top notch sewing skills during SunFes). Additionally, I enjoyed seeing the text message between Kumiko and her sister, Mamiko, where Kumiko asks Mamiko if she's well, and then responds with as long as you are alive it's all good.

Although, we miss out on the full SunFes performance, at least we got to see the aftermath where Kumiko compliments Reina as being the drum major who has surpassed Asuka senpai (My Favorite Character). Not only that, Reina going up to applaud the first-year, Takekawa, for her inspirational efforts as a beginner was great to see. From the perspective of Takekawa, getting that recognition from Reina of all people, meant the world to her.

Finally, the highlight of this episode was at the end, where Motomu plays the etude that means so much to him with his beloved Midori senpai. The piece that they play is Edward Elgar's "Salut d'Amour", which I think wonderfully captures the emotions of both Motomu's love for concert band through his sister, as well as his respect for Midori.

YuukiTheFlashApr 28, 10:04 PM
Apr 28, 11:23 PM

May 2021
If I have to criticize something, the episodic nature of the season kind of hurts the pacing. The series looks absolutely phenomenal but many moments need more breathing. However, the lack of SunFest was actually a great idea, because in reality it was redundant and didn't even have a build up

Apr 28, 11:44 PM
Nov 2023
That taxi scene was an absolute flex and I'm all for it.
Apr 29, 2:02 AM
May 2017
I liked this episode.

I think it’s nice that we’re rounding everyone up on the same page before getting down to practicing the pieces for the year, while at the same time highlighting Kumiko’s prowess for listening and aiding in interpersonal issues.

Since she’s been struggling with finding a life path, I hope she does decide to move into conducting herself. A lot of characters have already noticed and brought it up and it feels like a satisfying ending, at least to me.

Motomu is a second year and it’s nice seeing him find his place in the ensemble. I’m happy to see Midori still getting to look after a kouhai too. I also liked that Kumiko was just honest about what she wanted instead of trying to just be placating and I think that’s what made Motomu feel the most seen.

Some people don’t feel like this might have been needed, but allowing the third years their time to give back what was given to them seems important to me. If the theme is really “it’s not Kitauji if we’re not all here” - what’s an ensemble without the lives of these kids to fill it?

That said the sunfes outfits this year were my favorite by far, and the duet at the end! It was so sweet. They really do spoil us with music in this show.

I think it’ll be a fine season. I’m really enjoying it so far.
Apr 29, 4:55 AM

Jul 2015
Kumiko snapped her neck or something?

Apr 29, 6:59 AM
Jun 2007
Kumiko really shown how she can be a "great" leader.
Eh what, did they just skip SunFest band performance?!!!
Apr 29, 9:28 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to nonukez
@Marsen-P Err, not sure what you're on about, the show is very popular in Japan.
I hope you're not using MAL to extrapolate popularity of an anime...
@nonukez

I saw the ranking on reddit of most watched anime of the season, hibike being 12th, way behind no-name shows. Not forgetting the show started almost 10 years ago, which is old, and this is the S3 after movies and stuff, I wouldnt be surprised Kyoani didnt want to commit to much money on a 18 or 24ep season or sequels.

But please, if you have any statistics about the box office of the movies or the bluray/dvd sales, let me know about it. I couldnt find much info.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I love Kumiko, but...

mufarari - 10 hours ago

15 by watsym »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

49 by Abjykape »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2

105 by TanedaKaori »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 21

57 by MegamiRem »»
11 hours ago

» Preview before OP starts

saikyozero - Yesterday

1 by Noeducation »»
Yesterday, 3:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.