3It was OK
7.2%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.5
2,144 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
"John Smith" in a nutshell. Obviously, we know who he is but then again, this show wanted to give our main character a makeover.

It was a balanced episode imo with some silly moments but also the usual tense action. Glad to see that Alpha is still a badass this season and hasn't lost her touch. She truly is someone to be feared when she's focused.
Nov 8, 2023 5:58 AM

May 2020
I agree that it was a right choice to send Delta after John Smith, after we know what happened with Rose and her gang, and one might even think it’d be quite a spectacle when Delta and John would go one on one, and to be honest it was too… but I feel bad for that train lol, as I mean the moment mister super elite agent came near Delta to deal his finishing blow, we in all honesty had the inevitable…

… Delta identified that it was Shadow lol. Truly the best pet around:) But to think Shadow managed to convince Delta in the name of sending her on a venture to take down the strongest had me dying lol. He might have to fulfil her one wish later, but that’s fine as the act will still go strong for some time. By the way, they sure did assume pretty easily that Delta might have really kicked the bucket, and I mean we know those strands of hairs from her tail, so… but rest assured, Cid knows she just went to a “much better” place, literally lol.

Felt for Alpha, but there’s so much she could do when she doesn’t even have the slightest idea what in the name of 4D chess Cid is playing right now lol. Also, bro didn’t even hesitate when he humbled Alpha there, I mean she and they are your shadow army lol. At least he and Yukime have earned themselves many buckets of gold coins in this mess, and that’s what matters most. By the way, Gettan was a stupid smh.

Also, hope Delta doesn't forget her way back to them lol.
Nov 8, 2023 7:10 AM

Apr 2021
Delta best pet fr!!!

Even shadow John Smith couldn't hide from her.

That said, the Alpha vs JS thing was the best part of this arc. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode as the ending of this arc is quite funny.

Overall this was a great episode.
Nov 8, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2021
I keep hearing Eiko in Alexia
I think they meant < instead of * here

It's honestly so interesting seeing Shadow Garden fighting Ci- I mean Sha- I mean John Smith
From Wikipedia: "Shiva also known as Mahadeva is one of the principal deities of Hinduism" But how did a deity from our world appear here...? Or I guess it's just the author taking inspiration from a real deity in their story and this is not that important.

Reminds me of Eren's "If you lose, you die. If you win, you live. If you don't fight, you can't win!"

This episode's ED singer: Nu! (I think she already sang the ED in one of the previous episodes?)
There is a scene after credits btw! It shows what Delta's been doing lol
Great episode
Nov 8, 2023 7:12 AM

Mar 2013
Epic, Tragic, and fantastic?

The animation of Delta vs John Smith was EPIC, then we got the usual Delta realising the truth about him by sniffing him. lol

I also got to see Alpha trying to beat John Smith, then she also realised his identity as Shadow. I can't believe I get to see Alpha in that state. Where she was so desperate just to be with Shadow. I'm ready to ship them... or I'll probably wait (probably for a long time).

and a lot of fun and hilarious things from this episode. I love it!

P.S. Alexia's hairstyle was so lovely... >_<
CrazyButNot4UNov 8, 2023 8:26 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 8, 2023 7:15 AM

Dec 2021
So he's been figured out eh?

Before John Smith, the next assassin, Delta, appears. Cid's true identity is instantly exposed, but.. meanwhile, in the Shadow Garden, where Delta does not return and mourns, Alpha begins to take direct action.

Cid's decision to write his notes in Japanese was really intelligent. Knowing an obscure language from his old world gives him a unique way to record private information in this new fantasy realm. It's interesting to see Alpha experience such a complex range of emotions.

Her reactions reflect how deeply she cares about her relationships and values loyalty.

Nov 8, 2023 7:15 AM

Apr 2022
impossible to dislike any scene with delta, and her nose is ahead of the game. that tail wag went crazy, she does have fun.
Nov 8, 2023 7:25 AM
Dec 2014
Alpha heartbroken scene is sad ngl
Nov 8, 2023 7:34 AM
May 2021
We got to see John Smith vs Delta and Alpha finally 🔥. And poor Juggernaut, bro died offscreen lmao
Nov 8, 2023 7:35 AM
Jun 2023
i was good episode but l feel bad for Alfa. and delta is cute as usual.
Nov 8, 2023 7:43 AM

Oct 2017
Delta's just the best, need more of her. Cid has really gone and created a big mess for Shadow Garden, wonder how it'll be resolved. Alpha in shambles too after fighting and realising it was Shadow they were up against.
MegamiRemNov 15, 2023 4:59 AM
Nov 8, 2023 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
As Shadow Garden assimilates what to do with John Smith a.k.a Cid, sending Delta to deal with the unknown combatant might be their best bet to fend him off their business.

Sure, Delta instantly exposed Cid, though she acts the same as always even before he was John Smith. Therefore, deciding to keep it a secret even against Alpha is only appropriate, and Cid gives her a mission that overwrites the present one to go to the Lawless City to hunt Juggernaut down while the matter reaches Alpha in dire straits of Delta's assumed leftovers while the counterfeit money business with the Major Corporate Alliance has taken into a whole new level, no thanks to Cid's involvement. The choice to write notes in Japanese, that was clever of Cid whilst in the midst of the business of grieving for Delta's loss, since it gives Shadow Garden a chance to analyze more cryptic text that is commonplace to him.

While Cid continues to parade as John Smith, Alpha goes straight for the kill, and also instantly knows that its him that's doing this just to confuse her feelings for the short while into thinking that her loyalty to him hasn't reached the pinnacle compared to when he is Shadow. The counterfeit business is going well against the MCA (and soon to be hit Mitsugoshi), and both John Smith and Yukime has hit strides, though for the latter, the arranged marriage between her and Gettan has borne fruit for the worst for the infighting between both clans of the Greater Wolves and the Spirit Foxes, just for power that he had claimed through the Cult.

Yukime is ready for her revenge, but what remains of John Smith?
Nov 8, 2023 8:01 AM
Feb 2018
first Delta awesome and i feel bad for the lawless city Cid just send a nuke to take out Juggernaut

second how can Cid regain Alpha trust after betraying shadow garden i sure Delta coming back alive and well will help matter but still and all he had to do was say Mitsugoshi as gained too many enemies or mitsugoshi suffers so shadow garden can strike a blow to the cult same with Delta just saying he send her on a mission for himself and Alpha would have withdraw no question asked but now she could be more suspicious of him and give he jsut playing around if Alpha told the rest of the garden Cid had betray them thy could take him out
Nov 8, 2023 8:10 AM
Sep 2021
Alpha and delta got to know john smith's real identity, and sadly it was a big shock for alpha. Now how will shadow manage everything.
Nov 8, 2023 8:23 AM
Mar 2017
This season is so full of bullshit. Why is the bullshitting going on for so long?
Last season was so fun, none like a bullshit being dragged for too long
Nov 8, 2023 8:42 AM

Apr 2023
I legit want a Delta of my own.

Cid's dedication to bullshittin needs to be studied, bro was literally freezing to death but noo he just had to keep that damn window open lmao. Counterfeiting, betraying shadow garden, and humbling his own shadows, all of this is happening in the name of pocket change for Cid.
Kamquat420Nov 8, 2023 8:49 AM

Nov 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Nov 2014
It's one thing to play with Delta (and then casually send her to hunt random guy), but another when Alpha identified him. I'm sure she will be fine after seeing his real goal...
Nov 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
The scene with Delta was amazing, and Beta thinking she died and gone "somewhere far away"

Great adaptation as always
Nov 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Mar 2010
Goat'd episode, loved seeing them interact with john smith

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2023 8:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The fact that shadow ended up besting his own elite agents is big news for sure. The fight between Delta and Shadow brief as it was quite impressive. Alpha really is the sharpest of the shadows in both brains and blade. Winter Alexia sure was nice. Being a knight is not only about one's skill with the blade but how its applied as well. The fight between Alpha and Shadow though took the cake for sure though in its intensity. The insight into Yukihime's past was pretty insightful and tragic as well. To say she has a bone to pick with Gettan is a massive understatement. Overall an excellent ep that featured a great balance of action, intrigue and character expansion. Shadow has quite the skill in breaking one's hearts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2023 9:02 AM
Jul 2023
concepts and fundamentals of macroeconomics -monetary and fiscal policies - by prof. Sid kagenou.
Nov 8, 2023 9:07 AM
Dec 2022
poor delta she didn't deserved to die
Nov 8, 2023 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
Alpha is literally that crying Asagiri meme while Delta on the other hand is fur ball of sunshine and excitement.
Nov 8, 2023 9:11 AM
Apr 2022
The episode was the peak.

We finally got to see the fight we all are in, Shadow Vs Delta and Shadow Vs Alpha. Delta and Alpha found the real identity of John Smith is Shadow, showing how much they knew about him.

Now the question that everyone wants is, who is stronger in the shadow garden, and we got to know from this episode that Shadow can easily defeat both Delta and Alpha without using his slime suit.
Nov 8, 2023 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
Best girl in glasses.
Your argument is invalid.

Nov 8, 2023 9:17 AM

May 2015
This episode gave us some epic battles between John Smith and two of his most powerful subordinates. Looks like Delta and Alpha recognize Cid well enough that his disguises aren't effective on them up close! This major misunderstanding has clearly caused Alpha some heartache and I think it ties in nicely with the fact that the main villain of this arc was revealed to have destroyed those he wanted to protect as well. The double-crossing doesn't end!
Nov 8, 2023 9:42 AM
Aug 2022
Delta is so silly and so is shadow

I swear they poured all the budget into John smiths hand movements when using his threads
Nov 8, 2023 9:42 AM
Apr 2021
Great episode. Of course Dekta figured out that John Snith is Shadow and he somehow managed to convince her. The fight between John Smith and Alpha was amazing. Alpha was amazing but in the end John Smith totally humbled her and now what happens to him. It was also nice to see Iris but it looks like that Shadow humbling her really took a toll on her. And thus this episode concludes the John Smith Arc.

I cannot wait to see Yukime get her revenge on Gettan. Can’t wait for the next episode
Nov 8, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2020
mhm, that frame when Delta was pushed through the window.... a bit confused what was going on there.
Nov 8, 2023 9:54 AM
Feb 2023
so cool. alpha's magic aura is good but i don't expect like that. and some scene different what i know
Nov 8, 2023 9:58 AM

Aug 2022
Amazing episode! Really excited to see how things progress from here!
Nov 8, 2023 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had everything! Action, Comedy some romance. This episode was awesome.

Shadow hearing that Delta was Killed had me crying! Lol. Trying so hard to dodge the subject. Also him writing the notes was great.

Delta is best girl. I like how she knew by the smell John Smith was Shadow.

Yo did she kill Juggernaut?!?!? LOL

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2023 10:10 AM

Dec 2018
man that story took a sad and dark turn; delta was cute as always
Nov 8, 2023 10:14 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to IzanaSolos
So he's been figured out eh?

Before John Smith, the next assassin, Delta, appears. Cid's true identity is instantly exposed, but.. meanwhile, in the Shadow Garden, where Delta does not return and mourns, Alpha begins to take direct action.

Cid's decision to write his notes in Japanese was really intelligent. Knowing an obscure language from his old world gives him a unique way to record private information in this new fantasy realm. It's interesting to see Alpha experience such a complex range of emotions.

Her reactions reflect how deeply she cares about her relationships and values loyalty.
@IzanaSolos he actually referenced five languages, not just japanese but i thought it was more funny that his writing was talking about how cold it was.
Nov 8, 2023 10:49 AM

May 2021
need to have a convo about that johnsmith x best girl (delta) scene cause goddamn. alpha fight was really good but also sad as we saw how much she cares about him.

Nov 8, 2023 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
You made Alpha cry...you monster. I guess technically he made Gamma and Beta cry as well making them think Delta was dead.

I guess he's lucky Shadow Garden isn't targeting Yukime as well as John Smith.
Nov 8, 2023 11:16 AM
Dec 2022
Seeing Alpha heartbroken was sad, man. Delta knows John Smith is Shadow but why won't he tell Alpha and the others what he's truly up to? I mean he was able to tell Delta after all. I just hope all of this is resolved in the future and Shadow tells them soon enough. I don't like seeing a rift in the bond the Garden has. Plus I never knew Yukime and Gettan were an item before. That fight scene on the train between Alpha and Shadow and Delta and Shadow was awesome ASF. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 8, 2023 11:29 AM

Jun 2023
Poor Alpha

What’s with the people talking about Lord Shiva beheaded? Did I miss something in the ep? (other anime website comments)
Nov 8, 2023 11:33 AM

Apr 2023
These new fights aren’t matching up to the godly episode 3 vampire fight. 😔
Nov 8, 2023 12:00 PM
Jul 2015
Eh, while it was still good, I am a bit disappointed with Alpha vs Cid bit to be honest... Imo manga handled it better with the gap between their perspectives...Alpha desperately wanting to prove herself to the Man, and for Cid, it was casual, tuesday LARP session. Kinda lacked the punch in anime.

Lets pray for Delta who went to far-away place... :D
Nov 8, 2023 12:07 PM

May 2015
ALPHA VS JOHN SMITH LETS GOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was literally just saying last episode it would be cool to see them fight and right away we get it. Shadow better treat Alpha nicely and reward her after this though as she's having a shit time. She'll obviously be happier though when she learns Delta is fine. I hope we get more John Smith vs Shadow Garden before he reveals himself but probably not.

Delta was precious as always. I want her to have more and more screentime. I knew the second Alpha decided to send Delta that Delta would find him out due to his smell.

I cant wait to see the result of all this though and how it will benefit Shadow Garden. I'm really curious how Alpha is gonna report this to Shadow Garden. Like "Shadow has forsaken us" or "Shadow has gona rogue". It would be really interesting to see everyones reactions to that information.

I really hope we get another season after this. Theres so much to the series and its only growing just like Overlord did. Hopefully it becomes like Overlord which has 4 seasons and an upcoming movie.
DarknessRealityNov 8, 2023 12:27 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2023 12:16 PM
May 2022
Getting better as the season progresses. If Cid cared about the girls, I´m sure there would be a sex scene between him and Delta. She´s dying to get that D.
Nov 8, 2023 12:16 PM
Dec 2022
Delta was cute. Her reaction and instant change to love for Cid was so freaking cute.

I haven't felt as heartbroken before for a character as I did for alpha. I just wanna give her a hug now.
Nov 8, 2023 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
Shadow messing with his best grils. Trust in the plan!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
Alpha actually loves Cid the most but she suppresses it so much to be a leader. it kind of slipped out this episode.

Delta is a one dog army, love her character
Nov 8, 2023 12:52 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i really enjoyed the animation

the beast girl is really funny
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 8, 2023 1:20 PM
May 2021
John Smith… thats it.
Nov 8, 2023 1:27 PM

Jul 2011
Delta skyrocketing on the waifu tier lists.
Nov 8, 2023 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Will this result in Alpha growing as a character in the end or will it just be resolved and provoke no changes?

Maybe Delta completed her mission too premature.
Nov 8, 2023 1:46 PM
Sep 2019
Looks like this arc is ending in next episode
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

329 by Mo_justexisting »»
Sep 22, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

333 by Axa_san »»
Sep 12, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2023

144 by MUIGaryuu »»
Aug 27, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

128 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

166 by phantom346 »»
Aug 6, 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.